Balducci's Food Lover's Market Employee Reviews

Productive work place great customers service
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Fast pace and very interactive with customers and friendly atmosphere .
Friendly staff and ver knowledgeable about all products
The best salads in town
Fast paced environment with friendly staff and management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NY 10583October 8, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of making sure there was $200 in the till that was worked, making sure everything in the front end was organized and handling customers in a friendly demeanor meanwhile, working in a fast pace.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly Staff and Management
Cons
Limited Hours of Work, Minimum Wage
Working at Balducci
Catering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 20, 2018
I worked here for almost 3 years and it was a good stable job. It did not pay a whole lot however it was very calm relaxed atmosphere. I loved my management but I feel like corporate would not leave any opening for advancement. They kept very little management they did have and ran them ragged. I worked the front end, coffee bar, and the catering department. I would even work other departments if they were short on employees. The best part for me it was like working with family. The hardest was after so long no advancement and very little pay raise.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
little pay raises, no advancement.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyable work environment for the most part. Beware of customers that have a personal vendetta to trip you up or just want to ruin your attitude for the day. Overall majority of customers are friendly as well as coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Need to increase lunch time to 45 minutes, 30 minutes not enough time
high classed Market, cool environment, hospital Based
Market/ Food Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2018
This Job is Cool , laidback, sometimes fast pasted. I love my managers and coworkers I never had a problem with anyone at my job. My job offer Great customer service skills at all times making the people wanna come back. I work the cashier, stock , inventory, and I also greet customers making them feel warm and welcomed.
Fast pace environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
Working in hospital can be very stressful because you never really know what business are going through.I pride myself in being able to comfort and support customers no matter what
Pros
Networking
Cons
Keeping staff
Great Staff well experienced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 9, 2018
Managing payroll, merchandising , ordering , training ,P&L , shrink control. Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the staff and customers. Culture is amazing most the staff have been there 15/20n years.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work /life balance
Fast pace
Cashier; Soup and Crape Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
I have learned a lot in Balduccis, especially since I go to school for baking and pastry, with the intensions of going for my bachelors in hospitality management. I have had a little insight with customer service, the importance of cleanliness, learning to pic up the pace and at the same time with accuracy. The manager was open to teaching other areas of the store such as serving coffee, salads, and sandwiches.
Nice place nice
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CTMarch 17, 2018
the hardest part was probably keeping the shelve stocked with fresh produce, but you always have something to do. All the produce has to get put in the fridge and taken out every day, annoying but necessary for the freshness of the produce.
Grocery store
Deli Clerk /Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work was to set up food display an help customers
with their selection as needed and train new staff.
I learn how to set up display to bring profitable impact to sales
and make certain dishes. Management was great and always ready to help out when short staffed
The workplace culture was casual without many rules and regulations the hardest part of the job was running out of food and being short of staff sometime the manager would help but the manager have other thing to do in the store
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people in the department who was a team player it makes the job easier to work in
and helping customer with selection and recommending certain dishes to compliment their choices
Pros
No free lunch discount
Cons
15 mins lunch breaks
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMarch 10, 2018
I enjoy working there where I have made many friends. Every one is friendly and kind. The busier the store gets, it makes you have something to do all the time.
Fun place to work got to meet all kinds of exciting people
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at work was to set up food display and help customers with their selection as needed and supervise a staff of 8 people
I learned how to set up food display to bring profitable impact to sales and make certain diishes
Management was great and always ready to help out when short staffed
The workplace culture was casual without many rules and regulations
The hardest part of the job was running out of food
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer with selection and recommending certain dishes to compliment their choices
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
short staffed alot
Just dont
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 30, 2018
It's not worth the little pay. Extremely poor management. No room for growth at all. Perfect for a highschooler or an older person looking to pass time. Really not worth it your time.
Pros
Friendly workers, good food
Cons
Little pay, very stressful, poor management.
Great people I worked with,but terrible customers.
Florist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 16, 2018
I would go in and start my normal day by working with customers and setting up displays. I would help customers with floral arrangements and keep my department clean.
Disfunctional
Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 10, 2017
Typical retail environment serving customers that pay a premium and expect quality. The majority of the jobs are part time with full time employment reserved for department managers, a minimum of 45 hours, weekends and holidays. Benefits and vacation are not available until the one year mark. The store manager is not present and leaves operations to department managers. Except managers, most positions are entry level jobs for employees. There is no customer service or merchandising training and not much leadership.
Communication is poor, the store and equipment is outdated and there are frequent problems. Customers take it all out on employees. I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Discounts and gourmet products
Cons
Weekends, holidays and unreasonable hours
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 7, 2017
Before I even punch in , I started observing the sales floor while in walking such as the satellite displays at the lobby and the shelves. That would give me an idea where to start replenishing or organizing, even before I start doing other relatives work.
Pros
30 minute break
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NCNovember 21, 2017
It was a great place to work and the customers and employees were very friendly. it does get slow at times but they always manage to make the day go by quicker.
Pros
discounts and friendly people
Cons
slow at times
great place to start out if down and out
Bakery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYNovember 20, 2017
the business is at times very slow due to lack of promotion but it has a great working environment.everyone works together to get the job done in an orderly fashion.
Too many changes in leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 30, 2017
Company is struggling to keep up with larger competitors. Work environment is stressful and unstable, especially with many changes in leadership and a revolving door of high level players.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
long hours, stressful atmosphere
Opening the flagship store was a great experience
Culinary Program Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
I was hired to assist with the opening of their flagship property in NYC.
My daily responsibilities was recipe development, product placement, staff hiring & training.
The hardest part of the job was having corporate management and upper management around all day every day with different opinions and direction.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the end result on opening day...no better feeling!