Balducci's Food Lover's Market

Balducci's Food Lover's Market Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
Was okay
Job is very slow paced except for the lunch hours. Expect to feel bored most of the shift. A lot of favoritism behind the scenes too which isn't fun when you're not a favorite.
Great place to work but needs to care for employees
The place is a cool atmosphere to work at, many different types of people. But I wish they were just a little bit more concerned about there employees and scheduling.
Pros
food is good, great place to work
Cons
hard to get people to work for you, need to care about employees
A great company to work for
I started in the Bakery and then went to Prepared Foods, with daily customer interactions and a career advance opportunity. Overall a great place to work.
Typical day at work was opening your register cleaning your workplace and bagging groceries
Working at Balduccis was my first job where I had to give an employer my social security, it was my first job that had a weekly paycheck with taxes. The people I was working with were of an older crowd, environment was friendly but saddening.
Working at balducci made me a little bit more confident about how to get things done fast and accurately
Working with different people and dealing with solving problems made me realize how great is to be able to get things done and see the satisfaction of the people also my manager I just love it
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
High end grocery store with fast paced enviroment and affluent client base.
I enjoyed working at Balducci's because many of the client were repeat customers. This repetition of customers made me establish a relationship with the customers and higher expectation of accountability.
Very comfortable working staff, great job.
Come in and get the things you need to start. Makes it easy to earn about customer service skills and how to deal with customers in a manageable way. Would recommend to anybody who needs a job.
Pros
Great Staff
Fun Place to Work
Enjoyable work environment for the most part. Beware of customers that have a personal vendetta to trip you up or just want to ruin your attitude for the day. Overall majority of customers are friendly as well as coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Need to increase lunch time to 45 minutes, 30 minutes not enough time
Fun Workplace
I worked as a Retail Associate for the company. It was a great experience. I met and interacted with different people from various and different background.
Great Staff well experienced
Managing payroll, merchandising , ordering , training ,P&L , shrink control. Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the staff and customers. Culture is amazing most the staff have been there 15/20n years.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work /life balance
Great people I worked with,but terrible customers.
I would go in and start my normal day by working with customers and setting up displays. I would help customers with floral arrangements and keep my department clean.
Good community
My coworkers were very understanding and forgiving when I made a mistake. A good spirit is required. The focus is on a good attitude towards the customers and everyone. Balduccis is very busy during the fall.
not a fair employer
they pay employees poorly with little no benefots and require workers to work over 40 hours with no overtime. a company that is supposed to be luxrious but treats employees worse than mcdonalds.
Fun work place
Enjoying meeting new people everyday and working with my coworkers was fun was always able to learn other departments such as deli seafood groceries bakery etc
Pros
Discounts
Great place to be
I love everything about working at Balduccis Gormet Food Store. The store is beautiful and full of tasty treats , management does there job , employees are interesting characters yet friendly. Everything tastes amazing. Flexible scheduling competitive pay
Pros
great food, compettive pay, friendly staff
Cons
not much room for growth
Great Place to work.
Management is beyond awesome, they train very well, help you when needed so you can be able to learn fast and be efficient. Best diversified place to work.
fun place to work. amazing food.
a typical day was to have all sorts of baked good available for customers which included cakes, patries etc. co-workers are great. always willing to help.
good
everyone at work is nice good wor inviroment at its always bussy but maintain to work as fast as possible count money clean my area greet customer take their order...
Great company to work for to grow your career as they recognize talent.
I enjoyed my time at this company and grew very fast with them as they recognized talent and passion for the industry.