Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. Employee Reviews

Management Does Not Care
Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2019
Good old boys club. Lot of favoritism. Management is set in their ways and nobody up the chain of command would do anything to even acknowledge the abuses of powers reported by many. This company does not invest in the next generation of professionals. As long as the seasoned personnel is happy, nobody would do anything.
Great job
Heavy Equipment Operator and piledriver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 8, 2019
I would definitely recommend Balfour Beatty. The managment is well experienced in the most proficient and productive ways to handle any task and are cery willing to try new ideas that could possibly make the task easier
excellent place to work for
Field Office Coordinator/Office Manager/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2018
this company was and is the best company to work for great relationship with all employees. Really great atmosphere to be around with a very fast pace environment
Balfour Beatty fails to understand what a benifit ES&H can provide.
Project Safety Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
Balfour Beatty fails to understand that through ES&H practices and procedure can minimize losses of equipment damage, prevention of employee loss time and injury expenses. Balfour Beatty upper and local management fails on all counts to enforce ES&H but encourages higher productivity and cost savings.
Pros
Provided a vehicle
Cons
Upper managements lack of understanding of ES&H principles
This company is the real deal
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
Balfour Beatty is a great company to work for. The Project Management does not micro manage if you are a performer. They give you the decision making and control to manage your personnel. They completely understand the value of job site safety. The project I was on was awarded VPP with OSHA. That was an amazing achievement that was 100 percent driven by the safety culture they uphold daily within the craftsman and staff. Training and development is laws provided to the individuals that want to progress in the industry and within their company. They want you to be better at your job and they give you the tools and mentorship to achieve. Like any other company you have to produce but what they give back to the producers is endless.
Pros
Great Safety culture that will get you and your workers home safely everyday., Fair compensation and great benefit package., Extremely intelligent Project Management team., Great balance between family and work time.
Cons
Not many to be honest
good learning experience
Track Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJune 4, 2018
good place to learn. not such a good place to advance, especially for a woman. was only woman working in the field and got passed over for promotion twice.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Productive Team Environment (with a ping pong table)
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 12, 2018
Project Director very open to work life balance and helping team members expand their horizons. Generally very open door policy and willing to provide opportunities for advancement where they exist.
Pros
Good hours, reasonable pay (have to negotiate), generally receive project bonuses annually
Cons
No set job descriptions or pay ranges, review process disjointed from salary increases.
Management is poorly organized and another that fails to realize the benefit safety and health can contribute.
Project Safety Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I do not mind a 10 or 12 hour workday nor mind constant phone calls while on my time off or being on constant call. I do mind management hiding and/or failing to report safety, health, environmental, and/or security issues from me or my department only to have to investigate after being informed by hourly or third party individuals honest enough to speak up.
Pros
Cooperative hourly employees.
Cons
Management protection of long term employee disregard of safety and health issues and programs.
Productive company
Welder and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2017
Daily work included welding and fabricating all metal pieces on machinery, operating super high-production shoulder cleaner, and cutting down trees for communication lines and railroad crossing.
Terrible place to work
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 21, 2017
Never ever work for this company... liars and cheaters. They do not follow the law and treat the employees like an animal. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. They are being sued for hr issues.
Pros
Wage
Constantly changing environment
Bid Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure - Rail Division is the result of a change in American operations by a new parent company (Balfour Beatty,PLC) CEO.
The new CEO instituted a "Leaner Meaner" policy which eliminated and changed the US operations, in my opinion for the worst. Time will tell.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
New management is short sighted. Nepotism and cronyism are rampant throughout the organization.
Average
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 16, 2017
very poor management, "what did you do for me today" attitude from management, no training, high risk work for entry level position, other coworkers are great
Balfour Beatty in the US, was good, no longer
Would rather not say (Current Employee) –  Would rather not sayDecember 21, 2016
I have worked for Balfour Beatty in the US for over 15 years. When I first joined the company they were trying to expand into the US market. At that time the company was really a good place to work but over time and through many acquisitions and consolidations it have just become another corporate drudge. The intimacy and true caring for their employees we used to see is now gone. Loyalty means nothing anymore.

The parent company in the UK used to be a strong successful company. Not any longer. Through mismanagement and poor decisions made by people no longer with the company now they are in trouble. While improvements in the US business have been very successful I fear the same is about to happen here in the US.
Pros
Good benefits is about the only pro left here.
Cons
Pay scale is below par, You are not rewarded for hard work, Everyone is treated the same no matter how they work.
help further my career
Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 8, 2016
Worked in many areas around Va., Maryland and was trained to further my career. Did Safety on the job and did training of employees.
Interesting work, good learning opportunity.
CAD Electro/Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 23, 2016
My days were always challenging, due to the fact that Balfour Beatty TPS builds custom switchgear for the rail industry. There was never a project that was the same as the last.
When I started I did not even know what switchgear was within 18 months I was designing mechanicals for complete substations.
Management was mediocre at best. The engineering staff was great and knowledgeable. My direct supervisor was an innovator in the industry with over 45 years experience. The business side was more concerned with cost cutting than with getting new contracts.
My co-workers were for the most part great, generally very willing to share knowledge and open to new ideas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom I had as a designer to bring my ideas and designs to production. I also enjoyed being able the work with the production staff, working out problems and getting feed back on equipment I designed.
Pros
Proximity to home, flexible hours if needed.
Cons
Constant lack of engineering staff and abulity to communicate when needed.
Was not impressed
Carpenter/Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 18, 2014
The job itself was everything I am qualified for, I was not impressed with crew superintendent and his lack of priority of safety for employees nor public safety. Was hired by a previous co-worker who had been a crew superintendent with American Bridge, although I was not assigned to his crew, he knew of my experience and based my starting pay on that, after accepting the job, company manager told me a much less pay rate with increase after a few weeks, as he knew what I was making for a temporary service (CLP) for American Bridge. I was never again reviewed as I was told.
good job.
Switcher (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYAugust 17, 2014
Good job good pay good beneifits good hours. company got bought out and employment ended.
Balfour Beatty is a great company to work for.
Train Control and Communications Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of Microsoft Xcel spreadsheets. All work performed was accomplished in a cubicle either reviewing drawings, submitting contractual documents and populating spreadsheets. I learned a great deal about how to start up a project, purchase material, form a schedule and to work safe. BBRI has a Zero Harm safety policy that it takes very seriously.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Workload may be excessive
Virgin to the Railroad
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Its was very difficult being my first rodeo. As time past, i loved the crew, work.