Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Work enviornment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
Balfour Beatty bought the company I was working for at the time, GMH Military Housing. Balfour turned out to be an excellent opportunity for me. They had financial backing and the ability to support the projects in the field. They took over the Military Housing Renovations and New Construction division. I was able to work at both new construction and renovations for them. Widened my experience and expertise which was a benefit when looking to expand my career possibilities.
Pros
Good hours, schedules and immediate management.
Cons
Work ran out, was limited in the markets I served
Fast paced
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Minot Air Force Base, NDJanuary 14, 2019
There is wide variety of areas covered by the position.

The job entails areas such as:
Drywall
Plumbing: Drains, replacing water heaters, faucets and tubs
Fix or replace siding
Repair/Replace appliances refrigerators, dishwashers
Repair or replace flooring
Wonderful people to work with!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Balfour Beatty gave me opportunities and opened many doors for me. I leaned a lot about the administrative skills from this position. Management also show appreciation for the employees.
Excellent place to work.
Subguard & Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2019
This company takes care of its employees and allows for career growth. They provide great employee benefits, the environment is very diverse and inclusive.
Working at BBC
Business Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CADecember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Balfour Beatty Communities. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, vendors and sub-contractors. Newer management was very hard to work with due to the fact the routine and policy of day to day was and is unknown at the time.
Pros
Military Residents
Cons
New management
Bully in every sense of the word
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  EnglandDecember 13, 2018
Workplace culture very poor .
Never learned anything
Management very bad
Visiting Residents
Going Home

Posters up in work areas about Bullying and its rife at Balfour Beatty Staff are always leaving generally in tears
Just and Intern
Field Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 12, 2018
Good, fast passe, competitive. Very old fission construction company.
I work there a while ago as my career was starting but the team I was on was cool and very nice and helpful.
Great Job
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GADecember 11, 2018
This was truly a great company to work for. The only problem that I had was not getting credit for the great work that was being done. Management was quick to tell us what we were doing wrong but very rarely highlighted the positive aspects.
I loved working with all the people who were hired. It was great helping take care of our military.
This job is very demanding. You have several things that you are in charge of and manage. You have to remember tons of different laws and facts about everything this job entails. You also have to be able to change what you know. This company always has changing rules and regulations. However, it was truly a great job.
Walter Reed Hospital
Superintendent One (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MarylandDecember 6, 2018
I was hired for a specific job which was the new hospital (650,000 sq. ft.) at Bethesda, Maryland. This building was 'from the ground up'.

We were in charges of all aspects of this construction project.
Good work place
Labor Foreman,bridge const.equipment opperater (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 1, 2018
Learned about the construction project of building highways and bridges. The company let you get the training for what you didn't know. Welding, saw cutting,etc.
Pros
Lots of work
Large Global diverse company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYOctober 28, 2018
Good company overall. Benefit package was lacking in the market standard at the time. The company was very customer oriented and did a nice job in satisfying their customers.
Pros
Subject Matter Experts
Cons
Total Benefit Package
fun team but unreasonable hours
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OROctober 23, 2018
Balfour has a fun local team and amazing corporate leadership. However the PDX site is like it's own animal, kinda like Balfour hill billies. the stuff that applies for others at the company does not apply at eastern oregon PDX sites. And the hours are horrible.
Pros
cool project, fun team
Cons
unreasonable hours
good work enviornment and good co workers
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 22, 2018
morning meeting followed by daily run down with techs. Assign work load and give direction for the day. Address any pending issues or work orders as needed. Dedicate a few hours daily to administrative work: payroll, budget control, parts ordering, etc
Balfour Beatty Us
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
Balfour Beatty US Construction- Needs help they don't train well on anything don't have enough information for new hires as they should. the on boarding experience is not what it needs to be. A lot of employees who should get the FULL package don't. If your not full time they treat you less!
A great place to learn all aspects about a construction site.
Intern for Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2018
Highly organized and weill managed company with excellent opportunities.
They have a great mentoring program and everyone works as a team oriented towards producing excellent products at all constructions sites.
Productive work place sometimes was not organized the best
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Maysville, NCSeptember 26, 2018
Overall it was a good experience. There were ups and downs like any job but overall I enjoyed it. There was slight favoritism shown on the job site with family memebwes and friends.
Bedt company ever
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2018
Work travel, not conducive for me currently. The company overall is phenominal. The benefit package is fantastic and the company culture it's all inclusive.
Productive and Fun but Results Driven
Project Engineering Intern (Superintendent) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Supervise with highly skilled laborers working to complete a Student Union working 10 hour workdays. I have learned time-management, organizational, and communication skills to name a few. The management regarded me a hard-working and purpose-drive team player. The hardest part of the job was staying on task given the substantial task, however to overcome this I started to write down what needed to be accomplished throughout the day. The most enjoyable is coming together when the project was completed and finished.
Pros
Life-long bond
Cons
High Intensity
Working there was a great experience.
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RISeptember 17, 2018
A typical work day would consist of processing applications, checking emails for potential prospects, reaching out to applicants, staying up to date on fair housing procedures and practices.

Walking the property was by far the best part of the job, because you would be able to connect with the current residents.
Balfour Beatty is a great place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Balfour Beatty is a great place to work the management shows great interest in the workers especially in times of needs and natural disasters I am always ready to recommend Balfour Beatty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss