Balfour Senior Living Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Great Staff. Very caring for the Elderly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2018
All the staff at Balfour senior living, are very compassionate to all the elderly people that reside in Balfour senior living. Over all great place to work.
Pros
Lunch Discounts
Cons
Nursing mismanaged, inconsistent & unstable management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2018
Worked at Balfour for over a year now. Mismanaged, inconsistent & unstable management especially in Nursing. Residents inappropriate for setting. Leadership lacks moral compass. Prepare to be treated unfairly with insulting pay for day shift which is the worst for being a nurse for over 20 years.
Pros
Cons
Leadership and Pay
Interviewed Nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 16, 2018
Went through whole interview process. Was even offered to be placed in the running for a management position given my years as ADON an Subacute Manager. Was offered a job, accepted. The hadn't even clearly read my resume and thought I was an RN not LPN. Still wanted to offer job but at a insulting salary. The did not even apologize for the mistake made. I left this process humiliated and insulted. I also learned, and other reviews confirmed, the are disorganized and poorly managed. Glad their mistake occurred. It saved me a poor decision.
Cons
Balfour has a rough workplace environment.
Do not care to share (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 24, 2017
It is difficult to think of something positive about working here. There is very high turnover (over 60%) and for good reason. Management is rarely available and come across as superior to anyone that is not in management. Staff is highly undervalued and expectations and demands are very high with OT. Holidays are expected work days for administrative staff. No synergy between departments and complete absence of community between departments and within the departments.
Pros
Clients are seniors and the place is beautiful for them.
Cons
Not a place to grow your career with the lack of training, negative work environment and poor management.
The job was okay
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 14, 2017
Job and responsibility were what was expected. The co-workers are great. There was a real team effort. I don't have anymore to say. It was a job. It changed with investors.
Needs better leadership and to appreciate their employees
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJuly 9, 2017
Overall this company is more focused on growth than making sure it's current buildings/employees are successful at their jobs. It seems like things are falling apart at every turn. Need to work on building a solid foundation and paying their front line employees what they deserve if they want to give the best service possible.
Pros
Co-workers, caring for others, good location
Cons
pay, upper management, not enough focus on building a solid foundation that is repeatable at all location, poor training program.
Beautiful place to work, wonderful residents, HORRIBLE EXEC
Life Enrichment (Former Employee) –  Denver,COJuly 3, 2017
Horrible management (executive director) with little support for employees. No work life balance. Some salary employees put in 60 hours a week and get little recognition for a job well done.
Pros
Luxury community
Cons
Horrible Execs!
Bealfour is a great place for emplorers
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 23, 2017
I work at Balfour and they have wonderful staff and managers,
there support for seniors and others is very helpful and loving.
its really classy and supportive.
Beautiful place to work, wonderful residents, HORRIBLE EXEC
Life Enrichment (Former Employee) –  Denver,COFebruary 14, 2017
Pros
Luxury community
Cons
Horrible Execs!
Terrific place to work!
Yoga therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 9, 2017
I love this center, my clients and the people who work here. They are super supportive of my Stability Senior Practice and always available for questions and feedback. Whenever I need something, someone always is available. This is a wonderful company and I love how they support their clientele, community, employees and teachers.
Pros
So helpful, nice, easy to work with.
Productive and amazing experience
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 2, 2015
During a typical work day, I would write menus for the week, prep up to three days ahead, and help my staff along with difficulties they may have. I learned more about budget, working alongside people new to the trade, and employees of every age. Management was great. They accommodated me in every reasonable need. I often asked for new foods for the menus and they were willing to help in any way. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was happy, but at the same time, making sure things got done properly. I think I did really well helping new employees with all of their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. I meet a new face everyday. Since I am currently working with the senior population, listening to their stories was a huge part of my day. I loved every minute of it.
Pros
Creativity, busy, and funb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Balfour Senior Living Reviews by Location