Balfurd, Inc. Employee Reviews

Beware of the In-crowd atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  State College, PA bothSeptember 30, 2019
Sharing as a relative of an employee at Balfurds... be careful of the inclusiveness of the management and so called “team” ideals. The number of stories I overheard on a daily basis JUST about other workers and bad practices was enough to stress ME out. If your looking for drama, inconsistent but constant blowback and the group mentality of high schoolers, you found your spot. You can make more money at a gas station around here, I’d try that first.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Stress, lack of Management, lack of encouragement, low pay for expectation
Horrible place to work
Vac sorter (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Very fast paced work, the salary is a joke there!! You rarely get a 40hr week. Managment is horrible and singles people out they dont care for! I quit on the spot after 10months and I was one of the best workers in the soiled department that also ran the small washers and dryers after the soiled department left!
They actually care
Soil Sorter (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PASeptember 13, 2018
Balfurd is a tough work environment, but they actually care about people. They recently listened to employee feedback and gave soil department a raise. We now get un-pointed sick days too. Most places DO NOT DO THIS.
Pros
sick days/pay increase
Cons
environment/hot
not just a number
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PASeptember 4, 2018
i really liked it there. people were cool and welcoming. i really felt like by boss listened if i had something that came up. you know, work stuff, but like they really cared. don't get me wrong its a hard day of work but that made me feel good you know.
Pros
bbq's like every month
Cons
had to show up everyday LOL
Very disrespectful workers
Production (Current Employee) –  State CollegeMay 29, 2018
I have never worked in such a disrespectful, hostile environment where workers swore at each other and treated each other so poorly. I'm not sure why this behavior is tolerated. As far as making a living it is impossible. You do not work a 40 hour week and the pay is not great. It is very hard to make ends meet and you will need a second job to supplement this one. If you only need some spending money then this job would be fine as long as you can tolerate the childish atmosphere.
Dont Do It
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAMarch 26, 2018
Very high turnover. Staff members are petty & will do anything to get ahead of each other. Pay was awful. They give you a raise then cut hours. When I told them I was quitting, they said that if I didnt give a 2 wks notice I would never be hired there again. No worries!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 If you have no job & NEED a job, it will do until you find something better. If you have a job, dont quit to start here. I made that mistake!
Balfurds
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 19, 2017
Balfurd s is a top notch company to work for the salaries are higher than comparable jobs in the field.Very enjoyable place to work fast paced. I enjoyed my time there.
Don’t work here
Linen Worker (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PANovember 7, 2017
Management was a joke. The Human Resources was an even bigger joke. Weren’t getting your full 8 hour work days. Sent people home early. Management singled people out and made their jobs rough saying that don’t preform their job good enough etc. The point system if you have to leave early for a doctors appointment or whatever the case may have been and you have them a doctors excuse that wasn’t good enough for them.
heathcare linen services
Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PANovember 7, 2017
Days mare quick paced. i got fired over phone due to a medical issue. The are constantly hiring people due to them leaving. i would not suggest this place of work to anyone.
Pros
good pay
Cons
fire people without warning over the phone
Their point systems a joke
Floater (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PAAugust 23, 2017
Work here for about 6 months can it's a very hot job in the summertime and the company doesn't really seem to care about their employees the way there point system works is a joke and even if you have to miss work or call off for medical reason you may or may not end up getting a point and they save their team oriented and they're not it's more like I would have for them self and the medical side is disgusting
Pros
They cover 90% of your medical
Cons
The heat & management and their point system
Pack out (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PAFebruary 18, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. They do rewarded you for all your hard work. Pay isn't to bad. They have good benefits. Most employees are nice and you can have fun with some. Others act like they own the place, but you have that everywhere.

The only improvement they need is their management staff.
Benefits
Cons
Hot environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Balfurd is a good place to work. Management cares about its employees and does everything they can to accommodate people's schedule. If you tell management in advance they will give you off when you request. If you do your job and are nice to customers, you will be rewarded with raises and general appreciation. If you don't do your job, you get fired. Not that hard to understand. Always closed on sundays and only have to work every other Saturday.
Pros
Family business that cares about staff
Cons
Can be very busy
Excellent place to work!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PANovember 4, 2016
This company really cares about their employees. The work environment is safe and clean. There is a strong focus on safety and employee productivity. Every quarter we have a luncheon and prizes are given out. The work is Monday through Friday with weekends off. We get six paid holidays a year and 90% of single coverage health care is paid by the company. After one year of service you can get into the companies 401K plan which has a company match of $.50 for each $1.00 you contribute.
Pros
Monday through Friday - No evenings or weekends.
Cons
Not many.
Productive and fun place to work
Dry Cleaner (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 3, 2015
Fun place to work, always productive, nice people to work with. Checked in clothes, checked for stains and missing buttons. Sometimes I helped with washing, drying, folding, and hanging of clothes. Liked working there.
Pros
Had every weekend off
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fast paced work enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PaAugust 20, 2015
Good place to work, safety oriented and busy work makes the day go by quickly. Its a rewarding job when you feel like you accomplished the duties of the day.
mostly good atmosphere
Scale operator (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PAMay 14, 2014
I loved my job at Balfurd. The people I worked with everyday were amazing and hard workers. I was lucky enough to have been promoted twice in the two years I was there. If it were possible I would probably like to work there again. The only thing that I think could've made it better would be human resources and the owners attitude toward women. I would still be there today if not for both.
Pros
My co-workers and the fact that it was a dayshift job
Cons
I would have to come in an hour early off the clock to prepare for the first half of the day, and leave lunch ealry to prepare for the second half of the day, My position could be very stressful at times but i still loved it
factory
vac sort production (Former Employee) –  tipton paAugust 14, 2013
factory type work with very little advancement oppurtunities. Management is terrible they move people from job title to job title and decrease your hourly wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfurd, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9