Balfurd, Inc.

Balfurd, Inc. Employee Reviews in State College, PA

Very disrespectful workers
I have never worked in such a disrespectful, hostile environment where workers swore at each other and treated each other so poorly. I'm not sure why this behavior is tolerated. As far as making a living it is impossible. You do not work a 40 hour week and the pay is not great. It is very hard to make ends meet and you will need a second job to supplement this one. If you only need some spending money then this job would be fine as long as you can tolerate the childish atmosphere.
Beware of the In-crowd atmosphere
Sharing as a relative of an employee at Balfurds... be careful of the inclusiveness of the management and so called “team” ideals. The number of stories I overheard on a daily basis JUST about other workers and bad practices was enough to stress ME out. If your looking for drama, inconsistent but constant blowback and the group mentality of high schoolers, you found your spot. You can make more money at a gas station around here, I’d try that first.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Stress, lack of Management, lack of encouragement, low pay for expectation
Balfurds
Balfurd s is a top notch company to work for the salaries are higher than comparable jobs in the field.Very enjoyable place to work fast paced. I enjoyed my time there.
Balfurd is a good place to work. Management cares about its employees and does everything they can to accommodate people's schedule. If you tell management in advance they will give you off when you request. If you do your job and are nice to customers, you will be rewarded with raises and general appreciation. If you don't do your job, you get fired. Not that hard to understand. Always closed on sundays and only have to work every other Saturday.
Pros
Family business that cares about staff
Cons
Can be very busy
Productive and fun place to work
Fun place to work, always productive, nice people to work with. Checked in clothes, checked for stains and missing buttons. Sometimes I helped with washing, drying, folding, and hanging of clothes. Liked working there.
Pros
Had every weekend off
Cons
Short breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.