Balise Motor Sales Company Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Paper pusher (Former Employee) –  Ri.December 29, 2018
Lies about raises. Management is weak. Buddies who have worked together for years. No room for advancement and you better be a good brown noser to stay there until you find a better place to work.
Pros
Great place to have a career!!!
Manaager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 30, 2018
I have been with Balise for over 10 years now. I have staff with me that have been here even longer. We do work long hours but they are flexible for family and personal time. Management is approachable and willing to work with staff. I feel like Balise is a top dealership group within New England. Here in Warwick, we have a great team of managers that work well together and are constantly helping each other and all the employees. Give it a try! Hard work and dedication pay dividends here at Balise!!
Excellent Management, Co-Workers and Customers!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 1, 2018
Ive been working at Balise Chevrolet in Springfield Mass and would Highly recommend it. Being in sales i control what i make and have fun while doing it. There is Full Support from employees and most importantly from the management staff. They go above to make sure i was fully engaged in training and following a talented salesman to learn how to do my job.
i recommend this to everyone because its not the boring repetitive same old thing each day. actually its quite the opposite to where each day is different from the last which makes it more interesting to work here. 5/5 stars
Pros
the money made, the management, and co workers that help out as a team
Cons
Deciding on which car to drive when im going to get lunch, theres to many to choose from
great place to work
sales manager (Current Employee) –  western massSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work with tons of room to advance. The best part of working here is the people. A bunch of good people with the same goal in mind to provide a great experience to employees and customers.
Treated poorly
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RISeptember 20, 2018
If you dont fit in with everyone, you get treated like an outcast and like management doesn't care about you. It felt like high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
Money, schedule, respect
Constant Turnover
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 28, 2018
Horrible management, constant turnover. Long hours. Paid Time Off is ok, very needed. They fire managers like they change socks. Pay is ok, it’s the only way they can get people to work there.
Pros
Pay isn’t that bad
Cons
Everything else
too many hours and service manager needs training on customer service.
service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 24, 2018
service manager was two faced and too gruff with customers and I got blamed for low ratings. too many hours. phone service was impossible, the call center didn't know what they were doing.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
poor managment and long hours
horrible- you won't be able to earn a living
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJune 15, 2018
They tell you you'll make 1500 and up every week for commission. Complete dishonesty. Take home pay averaged $400 or less per week for 50 hours of work.
Pros
Cons
pay and hours.
amutuer hours
sales (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 17, 2018
ridiculous, sales team at Nissan consisted of too many cohorts of the sales manager, they need to break that up and allow new people a chance to survive.
Pros
the day ends
Cons
cutthroat sales department
Very Weak at The Top
management (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 15, 2018
Management changes often.
Inconsistent corporate vision and message.
H.R. doesn't value people or contribution, its just about protecting company.
If you are a very average performer this will be a good home for you. If you are a great performer looking to contribute, perform and earn this is the wrong place for you.

Don't waste your time.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
Execitive Management is weak
Not a great place to make a career
Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 8, 2018
I would not recommend Balise as a career move, management is constantly revolving. Which makes it so individuals in the stores feel like thier own bosses, I watched several managers shoved out by employees who refused to do thier jobs and Balise allows this...the negative environment is something that will have you used up and discarded. You'll work more and more hours as they find a way to pay you less and less. I watched over 30 employees come in and last a couple months that's very telling....
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Collusion and Conflict of Interest
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  BaliseMarch 31, 2018
Do not waste your time or sanity applying for any position in this company. Every thing is fine when you start, but from then on you get berated and embarrassed in front of fellow employees.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Being employed here
Went downhill fast
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 13, 2018
The company was good to work for at first then it changed to greed quickly. Adding more hours to the work week, taking a way holidays and made it difficult to take your one day off a wee or you were penalized by splitting your commission. The commission amounts dropped even though business was doing well. Just turned into an over worked and very under appreciated environment.
Pros
it was fun to learn
Cons
everything listed above
Very Poor Management at there stores
Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 10, 2018
Not a bad company to work for expect there fixed operations management just sucks, the good people that work for the company they don't appreciate and the idiots they reward , so the good help eventually leaves and finds another place to work ,
Cons
mamagement
Not an ideal work place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 1, 2018
Expect to be mistreated. Disrespected. Degraded. Work all week and make the same as someone working those hours at minimum wage. Expect to get called in on your day off to clean snow off cars while you’re not getting paid extra to do so. Working here you will quickly realize that this company doesn’t care about its employees. From management to HR all the way up to the OWNER. Especially the owner all he cares about is his wallet.
Best Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Balise Honda of West WarwickJanuary 1, 2018
Balise is one of the best company's to work for in New England. I'm a current employee and have nothing but great things to say about management and the company as a whole. Every Dealership we have in our network works together to share inventory, Ideas. We truly work as a team to build a better car buying experience for our customers.
Pros
Great Company
awful
office (Former Employee) –  west massDecember 29, 2017
Extremely stressful job and poor management. Expected to do the job of two people and they don't tell you the job responsibilities until you find yourself stressed out and overwhelmed with work that keeps being put on your desk. They don't want you to work over 40 hrs. but expect you to do the job of two in 40 hrs. They do not pay well and do not give you a raise.
Pros
some of the entry level employees
Cons
too much work, they do not pay well
Awful place to work
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  RIDecember 15, 2017
Stay away I worked there for a year. Corporate is a joke starts at the top. Long hours and not appreciated . Would not recommend this place to my worse enemy .
Pros
Going home
Cons
Everything else
This place is horrible
Car Detailer / parking lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield Rhode IslandNovember 23, 2017
I worked there for 5 1/2 years and everybody at that place we're unprofessional. I broke my back for that place and no one appreciated anything, NO RESPECT. Im glad i left!!!
Cons
I can see the remnants of a good company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 13, 2017
Hard work and dedication is not rewarded. Management and executives lie about reviews and raises. Training is none existent. Coworkers dump work on you and there is no team work. Terrible company to work for. I regret coming here.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else