Balkamp

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive and hires most everyone.

Easy job for the right person. Stay to yourself and get the job done. You could retire from there. Too many bosses. Make that quota. If you don't, 3 write ups and they will let you go.

Pros

Free lunch once a month, nice anniversary gifts.

Cons

Strict quotas, HR management problems.

The job is great the management is terrible but what’s new at most of these warehouses

If you aren’t a suck up or a person who constantly tries to get other employees into trouble or one of the right knit groups that have been working together for years you don’t have any job security be careful who likes and doesn’t like you it could cost you your job.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Benefits aren’t great and the management can do what they want when they want with no repercussions

Official response from Balkamp

April 27, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback to which we would be happy to learn more about what specifically was not positive during your time here and address accordingly. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss anytime. We wish you the best.

Good co-workers

Worked with many good people during my time at the company. It's not the best company to work for, but it is definitely not the worst. Lots to keep you busy.

Pros

Bonus, Good co-workers, birthday lunch

Cons

Management.

Alright employer.

If you don't mind terrible warehouse work, this job is for you. Management is a friends club. Good luck ever advancing in your career here. Hard work is rewarded with more hard work.

Terrible place to work

I was let go because supposedly my job was being outsourced which never was it went to accounting so i was let go really because i was injured there not only 1 time but 2 and had 3 surgeries due to it and was put on lifetime restrictions everybody was dirty and would do anything behind your back to get ahead my dad worked there for 35 years and they did it to him to

Job seekers rely on your experience.

I started part-time and after 3 months was able to go full-time. With drive and determination, I was promoted within a year of that to Coordinator. I have received a lot of training and support from my management and leadership teams along with outside training courses. The company cares about you and wants you to succeed. If that's something you want too, it can be a great experience

Balkamp offers a great 401k plan, they plan events for their employees to bring families to, like carnivals. Their headquarters has recently moved to a new building in Plainfield, IN, and it is much more up-to-date and has a great space.

Order puller

Start time early mornings 5:30am. And it was nice to get off work at 2pm. It's a fast paced environment. Must be able to keep a high pick rate of items pulled in a day. Plunty of overtime. Work week is Monday - Friday. Great place to work.

Lots of benefits perks but high pressure

I enjoyed the variety of the job, the people, and hours. I didn't like the extreme pressures of the high quota and couldn't transfer to another department. The company might have improved since I stopped working there.

Pros

Great benefits package

Cons

Difficulty advancing and poor management communication

Good pay political environment

Good pay, political enviroment, great products, process improvement opportunities, challenging but rewarding, parent company is very supportive, great benefits

Jobs at Balkamp

in Plainfield, IN
See more jobs

Management is poor

The employer is friendly but racism, paid unfairly. Starting pay at 12.79, 13.79. If you’re white, good place to work. If you are not white, not good for you.

Warehouse

I was not a fan of culture of people that worked in the warehouse. I did not mind the physical part of the job, but a lot of the managers did not understand they needed to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Good place to work. It’s a normal business you have to learn to balance work and family life. But all in all and decent place to work with good benefits.

Work environment

Great place to work. Coworkers and management are very nice. Workplace is fast paced to ensure your quota is hit, but with focus it is easy to hit. Great pay as well the longer you work there.

Pros

Pay and friendliness

fast paced

Loved my job at NAPABALKAMP sure it was like any other job but I couldn't have asked for a better group of ppl to work with. I was able to be crossed trained on other jobs if needed.

Pros

free lunches, they cared for their ppl

Cons

too many chiefs not enough indians

Decent pay for the work but management is a joke

Wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy. They make you think your getting paid more than enough, then all management sit up front and shoot Nerf guns at each other and and eat snacks and lunches all day. They have personal parties and invite the co-worker that kiss thier butt then treat everyone else like worker monkeys by riding you to get higher standards but they don't know anything about the job. Parts are junk and they are scared of Amazon!! Then they take any bonus money and buy more Toys like remote control boats and basketball hoops. What was once a great place to work is now a JOKE and the HR manager is not there working for the employees she is there to stab you in the back

Cons

Working at Balkamp is like working for a family that cares

Working at Balkamp is like working for a family that cares about you and the work they do. Coworkers are very supportive both with work-related projects, but also about you as a person. We all pull together during crunch time to get the job done.

Alright job but the employees get you into trouble

Alright job. The workload was very unorganized and they seemed to not care about the temp service employees there. Was never given a reason why I was let go

Overall great organization to work for

Environment is becoming more employee friendly. Hard work pays off in the ability to work without being micro-managed. Senior leadership helps to prepare you for advancement, but need to help persuade hiring managers of the asset they could be acquiring. I have a great team to lead and day to day operations are smooth. The hardest part of my job is getting third party logistics companies to provide us the goods in the manner we request.

not a good place to work if you are looking for something permanent

you have no job security and they do not care about their employees if you get hurt on the job because they do not care about safety at all they will throw you away like you never existed

good place to work but management kept getting changed around and no one was sure of anything

balkamp is a place that if your buddies with the boss you got along well and if you wasn't they rode you hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balkamp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Balkamp