Ball Aerospace Employee Reviews

mostly good atmosphere, great benefits and pride in what the company built, etc. advancement in my career
Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 20, 2018
overall work started well and started learning a lot of my position with consisted of mostly hard copy archives and lease management. loved both of them, I got to do research and help a lot of people and learn lease management.
Records Administrator was a great job I created, it was rewarding but could be intense and was very busy, and a huge accomplishment to develop a Records department where our records were well defined, categorized, and understood. Tough at times, as it became a two person job. lots of work to go around. However was given help and then eventually a Records Coordinator.
The culture was good and a dress code in the Boulder site as business casual. Worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
what we built, etc. employees, benefits
Cons
lots and lots of work, sometimes hard to bring help in.
Very good place to work.
Calibration Technician Senior (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 10, 2018
I liked the people and management there and the working conditions were good. I liked the culture and benefits. Their retirement plan was terrific and well put together.
Cons
Dynamic, drive for success and supporting our troops
RF Test Tech IV - 75' Anechoic Range Lab (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 22, 2018
Work is always dynamic, you learn new info. everyday characterizing multiple program's test specifications. I learned that pre-planning test scheduling before they show up will give you good results. Management is somewhat okay. There will be times where coordination needs improvement between shifts changes and program interaction. Vacation requests is great, you can always guarantee to get your time off.
The workplace is great with diverse people to work along with for a common goal. Very bright, talented and kind people. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough info. to perform your task especially working grave shift. There will be times when you need the program engineer's input to proceed on a failure that occurs without them being there or unable to reach them by phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are testing things to support and keep our troops alive during wars overseas.
Pros
Program luncheons, 401K matches, retirement pension, salary continuances
Cons
High Healthcare for spouses and children, long career advances
Was a great company, now an aerospace giant wannabe.
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 20, 2018
The company has many projects and no shortage of work. Yet the electrical engineering group, ran by a person without necessary experience, is going to destroy the company. Very sad to see a company with so much potential and a grounded, scientifically excellent culture, turned into another Lockheed or Raytheon. Just a paycheck where people are not encouraged to be a team, but rather an environment of lowering morale and expectations to work more to balance poor management, and placing the company over the individual in every case. But, if you are a diversity employee, well, you'll be welcomed with open arms and probably in for a quick rise to the top.

Stay away
Cutting edge and interesting civil and defense projects
Mechanical Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2018
Ball Aerospace is a great company. They support and value their employees. The pay is very competitive and has good benefits. The business of Aerospace moves painfully slow at times and a lot of time is spent on waiting on paperwork. But the people are great and generally there is a pretty chill vibe. Advancement is somewhat slow. After all, it is a big company.
Pros
good hours/ pay/ benefits.
Cons
progress is slow/ advancement can be slow.
It used to be a great place
MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 10, 2018
Change comes to all companies, but Ball Aerospace's change over the last 5 years have been particularly regrettable. The work is very interesting, the campus is pretty nice and the pay is good. But, that is offset by directors that do not care about their people and will actively lie and deceive their staff in order to further their careers.

If you're young, have a lot of physical and emotional endurance, and can stomach management that has a poor track record of telling people the truth, then Ball may be for you. If not, you may be happier somewhere else.
Pros
Very interesting work, good pay
Cons
Overt ageism, dishonest managers, no career planning
Productive and competitive work environment
Manufacturing Planner Senior (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 21, 2018
Great company to work for, they strive in excellence! Employees are treated like family. Benefits and vacation time are a plus. You truly feel like you are part of a greater purpose.
Excellent Company to Develop Engineering and Management Skill Sets
Project Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 17, 2017
Working at Ball gives you many opportunities to develop technical and managerial experience. Because the management structure is flatter than other aerospace corporations, this gives you opportunities to interact with upper management. The benefits of a Ball career is that Ball employees are recognized industry-wide as high performers. Having Ball Aerospace on your resume is like graduating from a prestigious university.
Pros
A lot of opportunity.
Cons
Because Ball has traditionally underhired to minimize downsizing job security risks, expect extended work hours and overtime.
Plenty of work when the aerospace industry is secure
Sr. Specialist, Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2018
typical day of work is what you make it, plenty to do and learn
management was never a problem for me
workplace culture could be "clickish" but easy to ignore if you are able
truly enjoyed my work
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
so many generations in the workplace are challenging at times
Work environment was mis-represented to me
Engineering Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 13, 2017
I have spent weeks when no one has given me anything to do. Then reprimanded for what I was doing when there was nothing to do. Some managers have no idea how to deal with people. In my interview, I was told that they (Ball) does not do stress. Since then, that same person has stressed me like I have never been stressed before. For the most part, I feel that I have wasted a year of my time when I could have easily chose to work for a better company with better benefits.Unless you can put up with the BS for a long time, your worth, and pay, are not that good even if you came from a prestigious company with many years of experience. Most of the people that have been there a long time will treat a new employee as if they were worth very little. Many act like Divas. After a year, I am no longer interested.
Pros
flex time, some decent benefits, internal training cerifications
Cons
pay, management communication, stressful conditions
Ball Atmosphere
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2017
The people are generally nice, but being a defense company, they are fairly favorable to the ex-military folks. Work here if you were in the military, but develop some communication between you and upper management.
Pros
Benefits Benefits Benefits
Cons
Rich political environment
Ball Review
Program Security Officer II (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 11, 2017
A typical day is reacting to the security needs for over 200 people as a norm. I have daily interaction with customers on both the east and west coast. The workplace culture is awesome.The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and being a part of a great company with an awesome history.
Pros
Great work environment and a very flexible schedule.
Cons
Lack of compensation in relation to responsibility.
Poor management
Accountant (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 1, 2017
Company benefits are great. They need better management training. Company top level managers don't have a clue what lower level managers are doing. Lower level managers are chasing good employees away especially younger employees.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Management and very stressful
Good
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2019
Great experience working a ball aerospace. Very cool technology and collaborative team environment. Everyone contributes to achieve the end goal.....
Most Ball employees were easy to work with.
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 9, 2018
The job was interesting, and I learned a lot about a field that was new to me. I would say the management for my group was poor, but overall I enjoyed my time there.
Don't touch this co. with a ten ft poll.
staff (Former Employee) –  WestminsterSeptember 15, 2012
Run and run hard from the his company. New leaders at the top have lost vision of what the culture is and do not care about their employees anymore. They did an employment engagement survey 4 mos ago and still have not released the results. They lost a lot of business from Pepsi resulting in a closure of two manufacturing facilities and will be laying off people in Colorado. Top mgt is very disjointed, and have no clue. The company used to communicate fairly well, now it is non existent. They won't think twice about kicking a 30 + year employee to the curb which is contrary to the Ball culture.
Pros
good pay, benefits, bonus
Cons
poor management and organizational culture.
Not a great place to work
Production Technician III (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 28, 2018
The work life balance was horrible and the management played favorites often. The goals of management and lower level management didn't always match and the work environment was very unpleasant.
Review
Team Lead/Group Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2018
Beyond what revenues and profits these aerospace manufacturing companies generate is the actual work that they complete on a daily basis. The top aerospace manufacturing and engineering companies are responsible for reaching new galaxies, developing next-generation aircrafts for personal, business, and military use. They also are tasked with generating advanced technology solutions for space, defense, and national security issues.
Alot of Growth
Communications Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 22, 2018
Working at Ball Aerospace was great.
I was in the marketing communications department and got to work with a lot of different people. Some young and some who have been with the company 30+ years.
Pros and Cons to both of those. Some people don't wan to change ever and some want to change too much...

There is opportunity to advance and create your own job if you see and role that needs to be created.

You get to choose your own hours. No one tell you what to do, you just got to get your work done.

Unfortunately, being located in Boulder there are not many people of color... so it is hard to find a community outside of work.

Ball is trying to build diversity but they could do definitely do better.
Pros
free lunches, choose your work week hours, not strict management
Cons
government contractor, lack of diversity, multiple generations.
Good stepping stone to the top, but don't stay too long....
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Pay is just average
Benefits are good
Culture - too much nepotism
Government contracting - not much job security
Management - needs a complete overhaul; poor decisions led to lost contracts, personnel losses (layoffs), poor products, etc.
They expect more from employees than they are willing to pay
Very sexist environment
Pros
Benefits: Medical, dental, discounts, education reimbursement
Cons
Nepotism, Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ball Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ball Aerospace.

Powered by Comparably