Ball Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good co workers but terrible upper management
CET (Current Employee) –  Wallkill, NYAugust 21, 2018
Great people to work with,but management holds grudges.no personal or sick time and excessive favoritism.Cannot trust many managers because there being controlled by HR manager.
Great learning experience
Front End Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 18, 2018
Learned countless skills and responsibility during my many years employed there , great pay, awesome benefits, friendly environment, always held events for family.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No longer in business
Production is priority
Industrial Control Electrician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
A typical day goes super fast, 12 Hrs with the multiple support calls through out the day to assist Machine operators. Must be mechanical incline since usually everything is overlook and immediately is addressed as electrical. It means do not overthink the problem.
Management usually maintain a focus on maximum production and magically wants problems to disappear or desire a push button to fix any issue.
Here you can find a mix of early 1900's and state of the art technology but it is preferred to be obsolete when the company gets it.
Pros
4 on 4 off, Pay is decent.
Cons
if you are young is all good. Lot of OT.
loved Ball
Can Lid Tender and Rework Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAAugust 14, 2018
plant closed but i also enjoyed the self supervised environment and open door policies they provided for all of us.I also enjoyed the shift rotation and the swap days ,,,
Pros
day shift
Cons
union
Great pay and Great group of people to work with.
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INAugust 13, 2018
Great pay and benefits. Long hours 12 hour days. 4 days on 4 days off. 3 months days 3 months nights. Fellow employees are great to work with they become part of the family.
Nobody really likes their boss, this place tho...
Maintainer (Current Employee) –  MaintainerAugust 11, 2018
I’m a maintainer in the coil/coat building. The management on this side is terrible. We have been through 4 managers in the past year and a half. The supervisors are laughable at best. I have seen a lot of people quit recently because of management and because of manpower issues. This place has failed to adequately staff the building. The night shift crews pretty much are looked at like second class citizens. They do pay well, that’s about it. The expectations are very unclear. The one thing that is clear is what they want: HITTING STANDARD, QUALITY, DONT GET HURT. That’s it. Expectations are not the same and there is some type of double standard issues they should work on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, understaffed
Good Benefits
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 9, 2018
Excellent benefits that include pension and 401K. The tuition reimbursement along with vacation times were also decent. However, the traveling was too much.
good co workers poor upper management.
Millwright Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 8, 2018
My mornings consisted of taking air compressor running readings, to ensure optimal performance. Checking the scrap baling system for function and hydraulic leaks, repair as needed. After the morning meetings, my supervisor would task me with either line call or project fabrications/ safety repairs. some tasks were high paced, some were time critical, other would be as time allowed. The hardest part of my job is explaining my job to management team members, who weren't educated in maintenance capabilities. Most enjoyable part of my job is when I make a repair to a piece of equipment quicker than expected.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
No climate control on the production floor, temperatures regularly around 10-20 degrees above outside air temperature.
Very conservative company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 7, 2018
This company has a long history in our community and is well established. The job I held was contract. The staff were friendly. It was not a happy place to work, but you just go in and get the job done type of place. It was not a place I wanted to be long term. I also didn't like being told how to vote in elections coming from the top.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Conservative company, pushed their political agenda
Intensive travel for plant engineers
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 1, 2018
Engineers supporting plant operations typical travel most weeks of the year to 26 plants. It can be a brutal schedule, especially during startup, and is hard on families.
Cons
Health plan is very expensive as you must meet a large deductible, Dental and vision insurance offered covers almost nothing
I love working for this company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 31, 2018
It’s very fun place to work but can be very stressful. It’s also it union plant so makes it more difficult to work with as a production supervisor. But we work through the good and bad times.
Pros
Cake for birthdays and lunch
Cons
Lack of maintenance
fast paced competitive high ceiling career
Machinist/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA 91311July 30, 2018
working at ball has been an experience. with room to grow and training available I've been able to reach goals that most companies can't offer. I highly recommend this company as a career for the worker that's capable and ready.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
Great company I would still be there if they haven’t closed
,journeyman moldmaker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 23, 2018
I had a government approve apprenticeship to becomes moldmaker for glass molds.I thought I had a great job and great experience I would do all over if possible I have the most respect for Ball Corporation.
Muy buen patrono
Mecanico Industrial (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 17, 2018
Excelente compañía y beneficios. Uno de los mejores patronos del mundo.
Good pay with good benefits
End Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJuly 14, 2018
Good working conditions, 12 hour shifts, union shop. That Ball plant where I worked closed, sending some jobs to Mexico and others to Colorado. Otherwise, I would still be working there.
High Speed Production
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2018
You can make a beer or pop can from start to finish in 45 minutes. Very high spped and noisy production facility. Great pay but the swing shift can cause havic on your sleep habits.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Very loud enviorment to work
Company that used to be a great place to work and stopped caring about their employees.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 7, 2018
Even if you worked very hard on projects, promotions became very difficult as it was based around who you know not what you know. There was a lot of nepotism within the organization.

The outsourcing of many jobs to foreign countries has become the way at Ball and it is sad to see all the good employees just dropped like they were nothing.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Outsourcing, lack of leadership, nepotism, lack of help from HR
Terrible
Machinist (Current Employee) –  DeForest, WIJune 29, 2018
i would not recommend this place to anyone. Full of bad management and everyone wants to stab you in the back. Would not recommend to anyone. Look elsewhere.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad managment
Like a trip back in time
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 22, 2018
The pay and benefits are outstanding. Its also nice working for a company that has been around so long. It gives you a false sense that they always will be. Ball could be a fantastic place to work. A game changer. But they seem to be struggling to blend their old school manufacturing environment into this decade.

If you are used to any other corporate environment, or a Fortune 500 company, you might struggle here.

This company is very laid back. And while there are aspects of that culture that are good. The majority is bad. It takes forever to get anything accomplished. Everyone at corporate is very silo'd in their job and one area doesn't talk to the other. No one sees the big picture. No one owns, or wants to own, any process. Its just assumed you will figure it out. SOP's are non existent.

The policies are all very old fashioned. Job titles are old fashioned. Every system is outdated and old fashioned. Its like working in the 1980's. Almost all of the senior management has been here far to long. They are set in their ways and are not open to new ideas, or improved processes.

A lot of time wasted doing very old school stuff. Everything is very very manual. Heavily male population adds to the "Old boys club" feel.

Someone at the top needs to take a good hard look at things and make some drastic changes.

Corporate is very out of touch with all the separate manufacturing plants as well, and there is ZERO consistency among the plants or the divisions.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Pension
Cons
Environment. Policies. Lack of future vision.
Pretty good place to work
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 12, 2018
Recent changes/acquisitions have caused a shift in company direction with some positions being contracted out. Overall the company is very solid as can be seen by its longevity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ball Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss