Ball Corporation Employee Reviews

Just sign your life over and get it over with
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 21, 2019
I averaged about 50 hours per week through career.

Would lay people off and then force others to work overtime. I would volunteer to work overtime all week and then be forced to work weekends as well.

Little to no chance of promotion. To get promoted you had to buddy up with the bosses.

Employees that would work would be expected to do more and those that wouldn't work would be expected to do less.

As soon as times get slow then you get laid off. It was hit or miss for 6 months of the time. As soon as it picked back up it was mandatory 60 hour work weeks.

A lot of shift changes as well. Often ask you on Thursday to work Saturday and Sunday. Then, would post next week's schedule on Friday.

Worked with a lot of people that complained and were generally unhappy.

Felt like high school
Very toxic environment.
Pros
health benefits, 401k, dental, and vision
Cons
a lot of bickering and manipulation. Supervisors best friend if they needed you
good job
Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 19, 2019
this was A great job. the only bad part of it was the pace and stress level of the job. everyone was stressed all the time. you are involved in making 6 million cans per shift
Pros
great money
Cons
long stressful hours
Just feel new management not doing the best for the company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dandridge, TNJanuary 14, 2019
Pays good hours ok Chance for advancement low planning and coordinating poor reducing employee morale to the point of lowering the quality of the finished product therefore lowering the respect that the company used to have from the customer
Pros
Health care
Cons
Bad planning
I liked working there co-workers were like family
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WV,January 10, 2019
Clearly the best job I had in my lifetime people where great benefits were good worked there for 21 years till they closed the plant up I worked various positions in the plant shipping and receiving the longest miss it
Pros
Good pay great people to work with
Cons
They closed
Security
Lieutenant of Security (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 5, 2019
It was ok i liked it in some ways but would not highly recommend to anyone mundane work environment and low pay for the position would suggest looking other where.
Production oriented
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 29, 2018
I came to Ball as a supervisor and oversaw 12 lines. Being a union facility, we had a shop foreman assist with the operation of 10 lines. This involved hands on assistance with any crew member. Being a seasoned facility, most every employee got along real well with each other and new their roles. The company moved managers around departments quite often, so you got a chance to work along side a number of individuals. This aided in gathering more insight and ability to draw from their experience in the plant.
Hardest was getting use to getting around such a large facility, safely and quickly, so lines didn't spend much time waiting for assistance.
I enjoyed meeting new, professional employees. Plus learning the finishing end to making cans, since Ball was a complete facility. Birth to product.
Pros
8 straight with relief members to enable keeping lines running through breaks/lunch.
Cons
plant closure
Springdale plant
Operator/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 24, 2018
I hated everyday going into that place! I would get physically sick everytime I had to report back to work after my 4 days off! The Management were a bunch of Bullies Harassing employees by the management was a daily occurrence! I thank the good Lord I don't work there anymore

Limbo Parks
Pros
No working for this Company
Cons
Having to work for this Company
Great Employees
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 21, 2018
Great co-workers. Everyone very friendly and a relaxed atmosphere. Typical day is regular admin duties travel, calendar management, etc. Only upper management can work from home. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers and being a great team.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Not allowed to work from home. Can't take unpaid time off. Not a good work/life balance
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2018
Lots of overtime, but overall pretty laid back environment. Management is decent. We were just bought out by an investor and things might be going downhill from here.
Was a great place to work until changes
Human Resources/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNNovember 26, 2018
Was a great place to work while it was Ball Corporation but when it was bought out by Platinum Equity on July 31, 2018 and called Ball Metalpack almost all of the Management Team has been terminated or demoted, leaving no one for the employees to go to for help.
Pros
Was a great team to work with, good benefits.
Cons
Took away pension.
Great place to work. Great place
Supervisor Plant Engineering (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVNovember 19, 2018
Ball was a place that everyone was family. Due to some bad corporate decisions the closed the Weirton, WV plants down. I was not the workforce or the present plant level management it was a decision from corporate. The plant was coming out of the bad management ant flourishing when the closed. A decision that ultimately caused the to sell the division. I was a great place to worl
Pros
Unbelievable people
Cons
Bad Corporate Decisions
Cutting jobs to savemoney
Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 7, 2018
relocating jobs by cutting employees to go to another country does not help with morale. Management does not communicate with employees for future employment..
Pros
Good wages
Cons
communication
very enjoyable due to i was my own boss
Coil Line Mechanic/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 5, 2018
very productive and relax .I learned how to perform diffrent setups on the line .management was very professional .very fun place to work .the hardest part of the job was when we had to do many change/overs on one single day .very relax environmental and friendly coworkers.
Great Management
Plant Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 27, 2018
I am working for Ball Corporation at Verona, VA since the end of June 2018 to now. I am a salaried employee and I am glad that I chose this place to continue my career. Ball has strong management in Verona, VA. The job environment is friendly and at the same time, they treat everyone fairly and respectfully. Everyone will receive an equal opportunity to be recognized. Promotions are handled fairly which make you a hard worker and a good learner. Attendance and commitment to work are important aspects for upper managemnt. They have a perfect training program for every position that they hire. They invest in training fairly more than the majority of companies. Job security is at a high level as long as you do your job and you have a good sense of commitment.
Pros
Fairness, Training
Cons
Workplace is loud and noisy, summer time is hot too.
Dirty and noisy with many potential safty hazards
Weld maintainer (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 6, 2018
Outdated equipment and poor management are just a few reasons i no longer work there.the company has sold the food can division and the 401k will no longer be matched beginning January 1st 2019
Productive and fun atmosphere.
Coordinator, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 30, 2018
Loved working with my team. Manager was great. Ball also has many opportunities for employees to take advantage of. The office itself was also great. The provided us with a gym.
Pros
The different resource groups, training offered, and benefits.
Cons
I felt they favored people and helped certain individuals succeed, Didn't feel the higher ups were out to help everyone.
Good Place to work but we got shut down!
Purchasing Agent/Storeroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there but my plant was closed down as soon as it was purchased from Rexam. So now everyone has to find a job. Ball does not like Unionized plants so that's what they do, buy them and close them down. It also helps them to eliminate the competition. The only problem with that is that they are eliminating jobs and couldn't care less about the local communities or the people who are affected by it. So NO, based on MY experience I do not recommend this company if you are hoping for a long term career,
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Very little job security if any at all...
Not a fun workplace at all
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
People have poor attendance. Horrible management. People with poor attendance they report off too much and your workload doubles. Supervisors are not allowed to help out.
Pros
money is good
Cons
poor management
Ball is a good place
Project Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 6, 2018
Ball has a mentality of work first. When I was there the travel exceeded 75% and they wanted more.
If you learn fast and can dedicate yourself to the job, it is the place for you. The training, the opportunity is there if you can handle the work life split they offer,
Pros
Good benefits and salary.
Cons
Always away from home.
Don't waste your time
Casting Associate (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAAugust 29, 2018
By far the worst company to work for !! If you have a choice go somewhere else there are a lot of people there that will smile in your face and stab you in the back ! Casting is the worst the people that been there for years will tell you how bad the job is and there's no money there !
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Short breaks/and a lot of work for the amount of money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ball Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss