Ball and Buck Employee Reviews

Very driven independently owned. Good for competitive individuals
Senior Brand Specialist / Lead Training Mgr (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked for Ball and Buck for 5+ years with a significant amount of success and advancement. It is a great place to work for individuals who are driven and have a clear idea of what it is they want to accomplish for themselves.
Pros
Great discounts and company culture
Cons
Demanding hours and work load
Casual, one-on-one intereaction with customers detailing our brand
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2012
As an up-and-coming company, my job was to continuously learn about new products in an effort to educate clients on the "Made in America" theme that Ball and Buck was inspired on.

Management was sup-par. The owner is 24 and attempts to rapidly grow a brand without organization and planning. Too large of load was put on one person to maintain schedules, payment times, and supplying information to the associates including when new products were arriving and what these were going to be. Random "events" would also be set up on a minute's notice, also unbeknownst to the workers. And as an apparel company, it was unknown to all as to why we were selling boots and heavy denim during the summer and waiting for light-button up shirts to arrive in September. This had a hugely negative effect on the profits, or lack-there-of, for the Ball and Buck company. As a result, our staff of eight was reduced to three in a short two weeks.

Co-workers were great. It was a laid back atmosphere and we were highly focused on team work.

Hardest part of the job was selling expensive items such as the products stated above when there lacks any interest in these during the warm months.

Most enjoyable was working with clients. The one-on-one interaction was nice as I was able to build relationships. That is a skill one continuously tries to improve on in the retail industry and always the most important learning experience for me.
Pros
causal
Cons
no benefits, a consistently changing schedule, and minimum wage without the opportunity for commission as we made no profits