Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management covers self, but not employees in medical record department
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 15, 2018
Medical record department management too gossipy with extremely negative and untruthful talk about co-worker's personal issues to other co-workers. Ballard does offer flexible hours if needed. Unit staff, nurses, and doctors very polite and helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Supervisor back-biting to employees
overall good place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Relaxing environment but lack of support to employees. Small facility and the workflow and communication system was not set up properly. However, the place is a less stressful place to work for.
very stressful. lots of gossip
Registered Nurse - Staff (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92411January 16, 2018
I stayed to myself, my patients came first. I learned a lot about computer charting. A typical day included admitting patients, doing a full body assessment orient patient to room and facility. Create nursing care plan implement MD orders, medication administration and wound care, feeding tubes and trach patients. The hardest part of the job was finding a free computer to chart also getting staked with more than 1 or 2 admits at a time as well as my regular 6 patients including discharges. I like fast pace but not when it impedes with the quality of care i can give my patients.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my patients feel better even getting a smile from them made a tough day better .
Pros
occasional treats in the break room
Cons
no team work
Great facility to work for
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 14, 2018
RN's, LVN's, CNA's, PT's, OT's, RT's, ST's and even administration all help each other out. Teamwork go hand in hand. Definitely can learn a lot here. Everyone treats each other like family. Its a very happy place to work. Loved my time there.
Pros
Lots of functions and incentives for staff, Family oriented facility
Cons
Dietary needs a desperate make-over
fast paced hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 27, 2017
fast paced work environment involving patient care, phone calls, patient admits/discharge working with patient charts etc. This facility is incredible in both nursing and therapy and I would recommend it to just about everyone.
Productive work place
Staffing Coordinator/ Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 9, 2017
I staff for a 60 bed rehabilitation hosptial. 3 Eight hour shifts rn,lvn,cna. Do do payroll for all the medical staff on a daily bases. This is a physical rehabilitation hospital. For stroke patients and car accident, tramac brain injury. This is a very aggressive rehb hospital.
Rewarding
Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 21, 2017
Patients stay an average of 2 weeks, so you get to know them and see their progress. Being a small hospital, it is easy to become close to your co-workers.
Cons
Low pay
it was an internship
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 6, 2017
I did my internship approximately 11 years ago. My experience could be so different from what it would be today. I learned so much from the therapist that was not my direct clinical supervisor. My direct supervisor did not help me at all.
Pros
good support staff
Cons
n/a
great place to work when I was there.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 18, 2017
I I'm currently working 10 hrs a week as a peri-diem staff. However when I was there full time it was a great experience. The supervisors and manager were very supportive to staff. It was like a family
Pros
great staff
Cons
could be stressful at times
good place to work at
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 8, 2017
always interacted with employees and patients. A fast pace job sight. always. Supply rooms kept neat. Helpful with all employees and and patients assisting supervisor

Want to know more about Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital?

Ask a question
fast work place and great people
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 1, 2017
great place,not much of a job of a job security, under staffed and sometimes not enough help at night.what i learned was that some patients have disphgeia and dimenetia and i got to meet great people
I would recommend this workplace whole heartedly
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 6, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Family-Like atmosphere. I had the chance to learn new skills. The first 2 yrs I was the staff educator, employee health Nurse, and the infection control professional.

There are many long- term employees and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Family oriented atmosphere. Valued as an employee
Cons
Long days lots of driving.
Work environment was not very great.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 5, 2017
The co-worker that I worked with was always in a bad mood. It made the work place environment very hostile. Management was good. A great place to move up.
Very helpful and fun environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2016
So far it has been a very nice place to work. The days are long, and fast paced. I learned that others are willing to help and have you learn what you do not have. My co-workers are really concerned about everyone being on the same page. The hardest part of the job for me was. In the beginning to remember things maybe but after a while it comes easy. I enjoy my job.
Pros
Free luch and patient satifications
Cons
Short breaks
Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital has a (5) star rating with most patient reviews. It is continually updating survey ratings for patient care.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 17, 2016
A typical day at Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital can turn into an atypical day. We are admitting patients with acute rehabilitation circumstances such as strokes, total knee removal, hip replacements, brain injuries, speech impediments and other physical impairments. What begins with census reports, insurance verifications and hospital referrals, can become interrupted with patient distress, or family disturbances or patient's leaving against medical advice. I have learned to be sensitive and insightful with patient care and coworker interactions. The hardest part of my job is keeping a level head in a fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people who understand teamwork and patient care.
Pros
Working with professional and caring employees
Cons
Keeping our census rate in a range that is approving to our corporate office
Great Place to work.
Physical Therapist License Applicant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Great work place. Co-workers are willing to share and teach.Learned a lot from my student internship and wanted to come back.
Job Stability but Low Pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 31, 2014
It's an okay place to work. The management is incredibly lazy, but you have job stability even if you're incredibly lazy and the pay is very low for a hospital.
Great People
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2013
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Not very sure on the management team.
Pros
Co-Workers