Balls Foods Employee Reviews

Stressful and never enough help with more work daily
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 12, 2018
I used to have a passion with my job . Over time it’s become harder to enjoy due to labor cuts . I’ve become overwhelmed and stressed. I have expressed my feelings to upper management they do not seem to acknowledge my concerns therefore I have not been interested in being in management anymore . They have made the bonus program unrealistic and Unachievable . Something that salary workers look forward to. I am very disappointed in this company that I once planned on retiring from .
Pros
Hours and health insurance
Cons
No work life balance
Balls Foods/Hen House
Hot Case Cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 5, 2018
I learned how to cook following recipes and cooking standards. Followed all safety and health dept. regulations.I was responsible
for maintainng proper temperatures of food, and freshness of all
product. Worked BOH and FOH as well.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
short breaks no room to advance
Good place to work, room for advancement.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSSeptember 6, 2018
Ball food stores provided many opportunities for growth within the company. I began work there as a Starbucks Barista and worked with a great team. This job was sometimes stressful but they were flexible with my schedule and treated their employees well.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
stressful work environment
Very fast paced work during rush periods then slow otherwise
GRILL CHEF (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 11, 2018
Management was extremely rude to other teammates at times and understaffed us a lot. It was hard for people to stay. Pretty physically demanding job and rushes were super busy. The most enjoyable part was having a pleased customer. Typical day at work consisted of a busy lunch and dinner period, cleaning procedures, prep work, and helping out in the deli. I learned a lot about how to cook.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Understaffed, hot, received many burns, stressful environment at times
Starts off good but becomes worse
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 24, 2018
The job has its upsides in the beginning but the longer you work their the less the people treat you with respect, which is opposite of how it should.
Pros
Earn vacation even part-time
Cons
Short breaks
Generally a good workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 1, 2018
This pharmacy is a good place for building relationships with patients, as that has been my favorite part of the job. The manager is awesome, and I have enjoyed my time here.
Fast pace and easy going.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 1, 2018
Overall it has a been an excellent learning experience. From learning new tactics on how to handle confrontation and gaining people skills. Employees generally come in fit for the company without any experience. Overall a good company to work for.
Nice teammates, very poor management
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 6, 2018
Please steer clear away from this grocery store. The management is lacking in almost every department, and you aren’t rewarded for your hard work. No training or direction is provided, in most positions ( especially the bakery department). You are expected to do a 2-3 person job , by yourself, and you’re expected to stay late. Take my advice, don’t apply at this store.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Horrible management
Good place to start a job.
NCR Hardware Mgr and Store Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KS 66106January 18, 2018
Good place to start a job. I don't know about staying til you retire. Raises were minimal. If you don't hit a brick wall with them then this company is for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of raises. and underpayed job titles.
store level was good, corporate level wasn't
General Accounting (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 7, 2018
I thought moving to the corporate office would be a step forward in a possible career with the company. Instead, I was left without much work to do and limited time for breaks, etc. The salary increase was very small for the transition.

Want to know more about Balls Foods?

Ask a question
Good job good people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2017
Not all job are peaches and cream. But with this job I'm able to do thing steady and work my own pace. People here are very friendly, maybe sometime not the customer that so friendly lol but others are. And that what make my job worth it. And the weekly pay for me as a full time cashier. I love it lol
Pros
Friendly, steady, and good hours.
Cons
Not enough Faithful workers.
flexible schedules
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 16, 2017
At times it can be real busy and I like it that way. If I am waiting on customers to come to my line I try to keep busy without wandering too far so that I may be able to jump onto the register when needed. This is not asked of me, but I do enjoy it.
a place to meet and see people every day
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 7, 2017
Communication is very poor. I am the manager but I cant control costs because of forced distribution. Upper management seems to be blind of what really goes on. Bottom line is managers at my level don't seem to compensated for how hard we work.
The hardest part of the job is the "curve balls that are thrown at you every day because of the lack of communication or breakdown In communication that occurs constantly. The best part is meeting different people every day. The daily interaction with customers can be both enjoyable and upsetting. The satisfaction of setting up a produce department can be rewarding but the amount of product that is wasted is considerable.
Pros
people
Cons
Wages and benefits are the lowest in the area
Meh
Promotions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 16, 2017
Very customer oriented. Not so much employee oriented.
The type of people employed at many of the stores are unmotivated, low morale because of low pay and erratic work hours.
fun plscr to 3o5k
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MO 64030September 25, 2017
part time position promised and only one day a week scheduled. Deceitful hiring practices. No reason to hire a person then hire full time workers to take their place.
Close knit group with progressive minded management
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  KSMay 29, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Wonderful, supportive management in a small, close-knit company. Progressive views of pharmacy and community pharmacists' role.
It was a great atmosphere to work in
Journeyman Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2016
Made sure my job duties were completed and i liked coming to work and learn new ways to set a case and make new recipes for the service case management was great co-workers could not ask for a better crew very kind a pleasure to work with always positive hardest part if the job was if the meat wrapper would act up or a saw or grinder broke down the most part i enjoyed of my job was cutting meat and the customers
A positive and supportive environment
Promotion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 16, 2016
I enjoy the staff of the deli that I work with. They are team players and are tremendous to support and assist me in whatever way I may need. They are wonderful to work with and that is the biggest positive of this position. It makes such a difference overall.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
standing on my feet all day. not enough staff
Positive Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 6, 2016
Each day is a challenge. You are responsible for so many employees and helping to keep each and every store running smoothly. There are so many skills you can learn from there.
Fun
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2015
Enjoy dealing with the diverse group of people. Customers were great, fun atmosphere. Co-workers were great. Nice place to develop work ethics.
Pros
Fun
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balls Foods. Our community is ready to answer.