Balls Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Generally a good workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 1, 2018
This pharmacy is a good place for building relationships with patients, as that has been my favorite part of the job. The manager is awesome, and I have enjoyed my time here.
Fast pace and easy going.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 1, 2018
Overall it has a been an excellent learning experience. From learning new tactics on how to handle confrontation and gaining people skills. Employees generally come in fit for the company without any experience. Overall a good company to work for.
Nice teammates, very poor management
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 6, 2018
Please steer clear away from this grocery store. The management is lacking in almost every department, and you aren’t rewarded for your hard work. No training or direction is provided, in most positions ( especially the bakery department). You are expected to do a 2-3 person job , by yourself, and you’re expected to stay late. Take my advice, don’t apply at this store.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Horrible management
Good place to start a job.
NCR Hardware Mgr and Store Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KS 66106January 18, 2018
Good place to start a job. I don't know about staying til you retire. Raises were minimal. If you don't hit a brick wall with them then this company is for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of raises. and underpayed job titles.
store level was good, corporate level wasn't
General Accounting (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 7, 2018
I thought moving to the corporate office would be a step forward in a possible career with the company. Instead, I was left without much work to do and limited time for breaks, etc. The salary increase was very small for the transition.
Good job good people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2017
Not all job are peaches and cream. But with this job I'm able to do thing steady and work my own pace. People here are very friendly, maybe sometime not the customer that so friendly lol but others are. And that what make my job worth it. And the weekly pay for me as a full time cashier. I love it lol
Pros
Friendly, steady, and good hours.
Cons
Not enough Faithful workers.
flexible schedules
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 16, 2017
At times it can be real busy and I like it that way. If I am waiting on customers to come to my line I try to keep busy without wandering too far so that I may be able to jump onto the register when needed. This is not asked of me, but I do enjoy it.
a place to meet and see people every day
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 7, 2017
Communication is very poor. I am the manager but I cant control costs because of forced distribution. Upper management seems to be blind of what really goes on. Bottom line is managers at my level don't seem to compensated for how hard we work.
The hardest part of the job is the "curve balls that are thrown at you every day because of the lack of communication or breakdown In communication that occurs constantly. The best part is meeting different people every day. The daily interaction with customers can be both enjoyable and upsetting. The satisfaction of setting up a produce department can be rewarding but the amount of product that is wasted is considerable.
Pros
people
Cons
Wages and benefits are the lowest in the area
Meh
Promotions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 16, 2017
Very customer oriented. Not so much employee oriented.
The type of people employed at many of the stores are unmotivated, low morale because of low pay and erratic work hours.
fun plscr to 3o5k
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MO 64030September 25, 2017
part time position promised and only one day a week scheduled. Deceitful hiring practices. No reason to hire a person then hire full time workers to take their place.
Close knit group with progressive minded management
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  KSMay 29, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Wonderful, supportive management in a small, close-knit company. Progressive views of pharmacy and community pharmacists' role.
It was a great atmosphere to work in
Journeyman Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2016
Made sure my job duties were completed and i liked coming to work and learn new ways to set a case and make new recipes for the service case management was great co-workers could not ask for a better crew very kind a pleasure to work with always positive hardest part if the job was if the meat wrapper would act up or a saw or grinder broke down the most part i enjoyed of my job was cutting meat and the customers
A positive and supportive environment
Promotion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 16, 2016
I enjoy the staff of the deli that I work with. They are team players and are tremendous to support and assist me in whatever way I may need. They are wonderful to work with and that is the biggest positive of this position. It makes such a difference overall.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
standing on my feet all day. not enough staff
Positive Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 6, 2016
Each day is a challenge. You are responsible for so many employees and helping to keep each and every store running smoothly. There are so many skills you can learn from there.
Fun
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2015
Enjoy dealing with the diverse group of people. Customers were great, fun atmosphere. Co-workers were great. Nice place to develop work ethics.
Pros
Fun
Great Place to Work
Cash Office, Customer Service, & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSAugust 3, 2013
I have awesome coworkers. Management is fair. I typically help resolve issues and encourage coworkers as a team leader. It is often difficult to give coworkers directions when they are not following instructions, but with tact, discipline, and encouragement much has been accomplished. Everyday we search for different methods to improve our customer satisfaction.
Pros
great coworkers, 1st shift given
Cons
searching for more competitive pay
I have enjoyed meeting and talking to people.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityApril 17, 2013
The contract work experience is great for a part time job. I enjoy meeting people.
Pros
pick your stores
Cons
working weekends
A laidback and productive place to work
Pricing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 11, 2012
You work with some really laidback and fun people however the benefits are not very good and neither is the pay. If you have computer skills the job is simple and undemanding.
Pros
the work life balance
Cons
you dont get raises or reviews
Friendly and good training program
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2012
typical day is getting ready for the in bound transp.to come in,make sure all inventory is done by 7:00am. your co-workers is willing to help without complaints.
Pros
knowing what needs to be done for the week.
Cons
when co-workers don't show up for work.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Floral Manager (Former Employee) –  Prairie VillageJanuary 10, 2012
Great benefits! The schedule was very flexible. The work environment was comfortable and fast paced. Teamwork was always the best part about this work place.