Baltimore City Community College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great school
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Baltimore City Community College and I would recommend this place of employment to others for future employment.
Learning opportunities are plentiful
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215May 17, 2018
Baltimore City Community College is an Institutional of Higher Learning that allowed me to increase my learning and enhance my skill capacity.
In addition, rendering customer service to a diverse population was a privilege, as well as, encouraging students and co-workers to push for success irrespective and in spite of minor hindrances.
Pros
40 hours of Professional Development
Cons
Parking on campus can be challenging
A miserable place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2018
Racist, corrupt, no one cares about the students, favoritism, cruel bosses because they can. Nothing good to say about this cesspool. I have never come close to working at a place this horrible. If someone did an audit of the financial aid office, the director and many staffers would be going to jail and everyone knows it!
Easy going
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
A pretty laid back work place. The people here are pretty nice. The job just doesn't meet my financial needs. Otherwise i would stay. Overall it's a great place.
Don't work here.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityMarch 25, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, significantly below par technologies. The GED program lacks leadership and good instructors. Accountability is poor and change is slow.
It is very evident the students feel the school's support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Most new leaders are very supportive of their peers, students, upper management. Hiring biases need to be addressed of the long-timers wo are complacent in their laid-back work ethics. People are not hired because of their excellent backgrounds but who they know and cultural connections. Unfortunately, the wrong people are in the decision-making positions, don't have the skills to interview, and stumble through reading the performance-based questions.
Pros
Cultural environment
Cons
Top leadership is not aware of the problems or are the problem
Room for growth
Contractual Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
There are a lot of changes needed in the policy about many things. Staff is great though. Good environment but there need to be more attention to security of livelihood.
Pros
Staff seems to want guidance, structure and change.
Cons
Need to have paid vacation and sick days for contractual staff.
Manging your time
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2018
The day went by fast and the work was steady each day the most unmanaged thing about the time was that I had to meet and greet new faces day in and day out however I had the experience of another work offer and daily class that had been given to be a receipt of the policy and known activities of the program policy thing ran a bit well and we made it through no arguments.
CADD TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day at work would involve creating spread sheets in excel. Sending and responding to emails and communicating with my supervisor and STEM students.
The other job was assisting students in the CAD Lab
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good co worker
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2018
Need,s inprovment with class room size and new building needs to have more pins and not temp for years and years . also needs better management and work place culture is down.
Not a good place to work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2018
No room for growth or advancement, Alot of chiefs, too little indians! Very cutthroat, backstabbing, underhanded things that go on in the department. They want you to break your back for very little pay.
A stressful environment
Management Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm typing because I'm usually alone. I've learned that management only advance people they like. It does not matter if you have a higher education than the person they want for the job. The hardest part of my job is getting your point across in meetings even though you're part of the leadership team.
benefits
Cons
can not advance on the job
Fun Position, Making a difference in the lives of students and the overall community
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2018
Thus far, I love my position at BCCC. I teach Pre100, one night per week. I love the students, and teaching this class gives me great pride. Sometimes communication is a little off, but it’s nothing too major.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Making a difference, Supportive Program, Helpful Colleagues, Paid on time
Cons
Wish I could teach more classes, hours per semester, told about training and contracts at the last minute, training isn’t really specific
i had a good time working at BCCC
Student Success Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2018
Was a good place to work. Experiences a family type atmosphere. Everyone seems to like one another. The students take the education they received very seriously.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Area
Severing the community
Media service Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2018
This Job was a good starting point but doesn't offer a lot of growth; at least not for me. Getting in young and receiving the full benefits is the best thing you can do.
Loved it!
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 18, 2017
I would recommend, attending the school as a student as well as joining their workplace. Everyone is flexible and realistic about what they expect from you.
supportive place good hard working
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
I loved it meeting new people and just learning new things knowing that helping people are an enjoyment to other people .
I loved the environment it was a learning one
and and seeing new things come about
Largest ESL and Adult Education Program in the State of MD
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2017
I had a challenging job and two challenging bosses. Luckily, neither bosses are there anymore. It is a very diverse organization in and urban setting. This position doesn't exist anymore as it was a grant driven position.
Pros
It is a State position
The Power of wholeheartedness
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  2901 Liberty Heights aveNovember 1, 2017
It is humbling to know and see the environment you work at and the customers you serve are changed for good and pleased by your passionate service and contribution. Open mindedness, team work and education are the core key to success.
Pros
Greatfulness
Cons
Intolerance of profanity
Worked with student by helping them to meet their needs at career Development center.
Receptionist and Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2017
I worked with students at the from desk in the office of career development I answered telephone and notified students about the job fair by giving out the flyers.I also directed them to the manager and supervisor if they need him and her.