Baltimore City Community College Employee Reviews

The environment was stressful and not conducive for productivity.
ABE Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from the Administration for classroom Instructors. Students were not held accountable for the attendance or conduct policies that they signed.
Good Entry level position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2018
I loved my job, but it had its pros and cons. cool environment with the different diversity and ethnicity of students and staff on campus.
Most of the people I met were a pleasure to work with. I got to build so many relationships with different people.I eventually go to start to take classes and enjoyed the professors I had during my time of studies. It was sad leaving all the great people I encountered during my time there.
good
Lab technician in chemistry lab (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2018
working in Baltimore City Community College very helpful for me to integrated to the life style and culture of the united states of America. I love to work at Baltimore City Community College of i get the chance.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
Not a goof culture to work in. Management is really bad, in experience, arrogant, rude, nasty, and very unprofessional. I would not recommend this place of employment on my worst enemy. All of upper management are crooks and if you are not part of a click within the organization they want have respect for you, are not acceptable to innovative ideas from the outside. Would prefer to hire someone off the street rather than hire internally, which will keep up employee morale.
Pros
Working for the State of Maryland.
Cons
Bad Culture
Productive place of learning to use essential learned skills for employers
Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore CityAugust 12, 2018
BCCC is a great College for students to gain the expertise of essential skills useful in employment. There are academic activities and groups to participate in and get involved in society endeavors. Learning of new skills for job placement are great.
Pros
Learning of new skills
Cons
Not guaranteed employment
secured job position, good pay, good environment.
Office of Vice President Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2018
at the Student Office Assistant, Office of Vice President Student Affairs, I Organized and maintained documents, Ensured office inventory is up-to-date.
Stay away from this school
Stay away from this place (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2018
The dental hygiene faculty at this school does not care about their student learning. They only care about their pay check . Few of the teachers are nice. But for the most part the rest of the instructor are very ghetto.
Pros
Stay away
Cons
Stay away
Flexible
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2018
Typical workday is none stressful. Hardest part of the job is motivation. Most enjoyable is helping the community. I've learned to enjoy working in an environment dedicated to higher education.
It was my first working experience as a tutor.
General Chemistry Tutor - Department Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2018
A day started with chemical equations, answering students' questions, solving chemical equations, explaining different types and shapes of orbitals, electronegativity and all.
GED Instructor
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2018
I typical day was frustrating. I worked with students who did bnot want to do their work.I learnt that God help those who help themselves. The management was poor because the staff did not keep track of the students. We workplace was tense because my students did not want to think. The hardest part was trying to explain a problem who had low self esteem. The enjoyable part was seeing the performance of the students who wanted to learn.
Pros
Being able to impart knowledge to willing students
Cons
Working with pugnacious students
Rewarding to help under served communities in need of career skills and employment opportunities.
Contractual Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2018
Initiative to support students, coordinate and initiate courses, recruit students and promote the training programs.
Provided employment opportunities to students.
Act as liaison between the colleges’ training programs, outreach centers staff and hiring managers.
Great school
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Baltimore City Community College and I would recommend this place of employment to others for future employment.
Learning opportunities are plentiful
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215May 17, 2018
Baltimore City Community College is an Institutional of Higher Learning that allowed me to increase my learning and enhance my skill capacity.
In addition, rendering customer service to a diverse population was a privilege, as well as, encouraging students and co-workers to push for success irrespective and in spite of minor hindrances.
Pros
40 hours of Professional Development
Cons
Parking on campus can be challenging
A miserable place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2018
Racist, corrupt, no one cares about the students, favoritism, cruel bosses because they can. Nothing good to say about this cesspool. I have never come close to working at a place this horrible. If someone did an audit of the financial aid office, the director and many staffers would be going to jail and everyone knows it!
Easy going
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
A pretty laid back work place. The people here are pretty nice. The job just doesn't meet my financial needs. Otherwise i would stay. Overall it's a great place.
Don't work here.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityMarch 25, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, significantly below par technologies. The GED program lacks leadership and good instructors. Accountability is poor and change is slow.
It is very evident the students feel the school's support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Most new leaders are very supportive of their peers, students, upper management. Hiring biases need to be addressed of the long-timers wo are complacent in their laid-back work ethics. People are not hired because of their excellent backgrounds but who they know and cultural connections. Unfortunately, the wrong people are in the decision-making positions, don't have the skills to interview, and stumble through reading the performance-based questions.
Pros
Cultural environment
Cons
Top leadership is not aware of the problems or are the problem
Room for growth
Contractual Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
There are a lot of changes needed in the policy about many things. Staff is great though. Good environment but there need to be more attention to security of livelihood.
Pros
Staff seems to want guidance, structure and change.
Cons
Need to have paid vacation and sick days for contractual staff.
Manging your time
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2018
The day went by fast and the work was steady each day the most unmanaged thing about the time was that I had to meet and greet new faces day in and day out however I had the experience of another work offer and daily class that had been given to be a receipt of the policy and known activities of the program policy thing ran a bit well and we made it through no arguments.
CADD TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day at work would involve creating spread sheets in excel. Sending and responding to emails and communicating with my supervisor and STEM students.
The other job was assisting students in the CAD Lab
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a