Baltimore City Community College Employee Reviews

secured job position, good pay, good environment.
Office of Vice President Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2018
at the Student Office Assistant, Office of Vice President Student Affairs, I Organized and maintained documents, Ensured office inventory is up-to-date.
Stay away from this school
Stay away from this place (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2018
The dental hygiene faculty at this school does not care about their student learning. They only care about their pay check . Few of the teachers are nice. But for the most part the rest of the instructor are very ghetto.
Pros
Stay away
Cons
Stay away
Flexible
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2018
Typical workday is none stressful. Hardest part of the job is motivation. Most enjoyable is helping the community. I've learned to enjoy working in an environment dedicated to higher education.
It was my first working experience as a tutor.
General Chemistry Tutor - Department Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2018
A day started with chemical equations, answering students' questions, solving chemical equations, explaining different types and shapes of orbitals, electronegativity and all.
GED Instructor
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2018
I typical day was frustrating. I worked with students who did bnot want to do their work.I learnt that God help those who help themselves. The management was poor because the staff did not keep track of the students. We workplace was tense because my students did not want to think. The hardest part was trying to explain a problem who had low self esteem. The enjoyable part was seeing the performance of the students who wanted to learn.
Pros
Being able to impart knowledge to willing students
Cons
Working with pugnacious students
Rewarding to help under served communities in need of career skills and employment opportunities.
Contractual Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2018
Initiative to support students, coordinate and initiate courses, recruit students and promote the training programs.
Provided employment opportunities to students.
Act as liaison between the colleges’ training programs, outreach centers staff and hiring managers.
Great school
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Baltimore City Community College and I would recommend this place of employment to others for future employment.
Learning opportunities are plentiful
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215May 17, 2018
Baltimore City Community College is an Institutional of Higher Learning that allowed me to increase my learning and enhance my skill capacity.
In addition, rendering customer service to a diverse population was a privilege, as well as, encouraging students and co-workers to push for success irrespective and in spite of minor hindrances.
Pros
40 hours of Professional Development
Cons
Parking on campus can be challenging
A miserable place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2018
Racist, corrupt, no one cares about the students, favoritism, cruel bosses because they can. Nothing good to say about this cesspool. I have never come close to working at a place this horrible. If someone did an audit of the financial aid office, the director and many staffers would be going to jail and everyone knows it!
Easy going
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
A pretty laid back work place. The people here are pretty nice. The job just doesn't meet my financial needs. Otherwise i would stay. Overall it's a great place.
Don't work here.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityMarch 25, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, significantly below par technologies. The GED program lacks leadership and good instructors. Accountability is poor and change is slow.
It is very evident the students feel the school's support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Most new leaders are very supportive of their peers, students, upper management. Hiring biases need to be addressed of the long-timers wo are complacent in their laid-back work ethics. People are not hired because of their excellent backgrounds but who they know and cultural connections. Unfortunately, the wrong people are in the decision-making positions, don't have the skills to interview, and stumble through reading the performance-based questions.
Pros
Cultural environment
Cons
Top leadership is not aware of the problems or are the problem
Room for growth
Contractual Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
There are a lot of changes needed in the policy about many things. Staff is great though. Good environment but there need to be more attention to security of livelihood.
Pros
Staff seems to want guidance, structure and change.
Cons
Need to have paid vacation and sick days for contractual staff.
Manging your time
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2018
The day went by fast and the work was steady each day the most unmanaged thing about the time was that I had to meet and greet new faces day in and day out however I had the experience of another work offer and daily class that had been given to be a receipt of the policy and known activities of the program policy thing ran a bit well and we made it through no arguments.
CADD TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CityFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day at work would involve creating spread sheets in excel. Sending and responding to emails and communicating with my supervisor and STEM students.
The other job was assisting students in the CAD Lab
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good co worker
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2018
Need,s inprovment with class room size and new building needs to have more pins and not temp for years and years . also needs better management and work place culture is down.
Not a good place to work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2018
No room for growth or advancement, Alot of chiefs, too little indians! Very cutthroat, backstabbing, underhanded things that go on in the department. They want you to break your back for very little pay.
A stressful environment
Management Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm typing because I'm usually alone. I've learned that management only advance people they like. It does not matter if you have a higher education than the person they want for the job. The hardest part of my job is getting your point across in meetings even though you're part of the leadership team.
benefits
Cons
can not advance on the job
Fun Position, Making a difference in the lives of students and the overall community
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2018
Thus far, I love my position at BCCC. I teach Pre100, one night per week. I love the students, and teaching this class gives me great pride. Sometimes communication is a little off, but it’s nothing too major.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Making a difference, Supportive Program, Helpful Colleagues, Paid on time
Cons
Wish I could teach more classes, hours per semester, told about training and contracts at the last minute, training isn’t really specific
i had a good time working at BCCC
Student Success Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2018
Was a good place to work. Experiences a family type atmosphere. Everyone seems to like one another. The students take the education they received very seriously.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Area