Baltimore County, MD Employee Reviews

fun
Senior Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  MDNovember 4, 2018
it was a pleasure working there. Sometimes people have to make a very tough decision in their life and i did. I always looking for the best working place
Great Flexible Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2018
I worked as a substitute teacher in Baltimore County. It was an excellent, flexible job. I'd recommend it to anyone with a second job at night as the pay comes out to four hundred per week before taxes, but I'd also recommend it to anyone who needs flexible work and a good way getting their foot in the door with a solid educational system.
Pros
Flexibility, Work environment
Cons
Lower Pay rate than counties closer to DC
I enjoyed my job very much and would loved to have advanced, my learning skills.
Data Entry, Filing, Printing, and Scanning (Former Employee) –  700 East Joppa Road Baltimore Co. 21286September 27, 2018
I recieved an Excellent letter of recommendation,
from the Director, who said although I was a temporary employee, performed my job, as well their regular employees. I Loved my Job, and if my assignment had not ended, I would loved to have been an employee right down to this day.
Pros
Working night shift you really don't need to eat that late at night.
Cons
The work environment was comfortable.
Great police force
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 18, 2018
One of top police forces in country. You are paid while attending 6 month accademy. You are trained, disciplined, very well in regards to laws, driving, shooting, self defense. Academy is stressful, but 6 months.
Pros
Free coffee, court overtime
Cons
Homicide may have you working 48 hours straight. Naps, showers, eating obviously
stressful job
911 Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 11, 2018
911 call taker is a job developed for a certain skill level and I applaud the people who can master it. I developed some great workmates
and received great advice on learning the job. Unfortunately I could not type fast enough to get the required information to the dispatcher
Pros
benifits
Cons
stressful
Baltimore County government is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I worked for Baltimore County government for 5 years and loved it. We had to move out of the area which was why I had to quit. The people I worked with were great and there was a chance for advancement.
Pros
Monday to Friday workweek, paid holidays, great benefits
Cons
Advancement depends on who retires or if you transfer to another department
Awesome place to work where you connect to the public
Administrator/Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 15, 2018
Baltimore County is an awesome place to work if you're into public health. The diversity of the company proves to be both fun and exiting. Paid Holidays and a good benefit package is a plus.
Pros
meet good people
Cons
no room for advancement
Stressful but rewarding job.
Fire Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MD 21204June 4, 2018
Stressful but rewarding job. Answering 911 calls and dispatching emergency equipment is very educational in terms of public safety. Also can be both rewarding and stressful. No staff cohesion.
Understaffed, Underpaid, Overworked
Unfriendly employees
Poor training
Weekends off
One early day a week
Opportunity to take classes for free
workplace culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 20, 2018
I had a great experience working with Balto. county gov Meeting
nice workers and the public everyday was enjoyable working there
set me up for other positions
Not supportive to teachers.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 15, 2018
Taught 4 different classes. Two grades and four preps daily. Little support from principal who created the job for me after substitute teaching for five years at Catonsville Middle. Principal used inappropriate language and did not promote collaborative relationship among faculty.
Pros
Engaged students and parent, good curriculum, equipment suitable
Cons
Long hours due to 4 daily peps, lack of support, pricipal disliked by community
I didn't work at a real company
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2018
While tutoring I learned even more information than i previously knew, as I didn't work at place associated with the government or corporate my schedule was lenient, the hardest part was constantly reviewing information, and the most enjoyable was actually being able to teach people.
Former baltimore county 911 technician
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 11, 2018
When I first started out it was ok but overtime it grew to be too much, for one during training if you was a minute late you got called into the office and disciplined. You wasnt allowed to have a life at all, this job is your life regardless if you have kids and a family, The pay and benefits were good but that's about it.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Schedules, atmosphere, petty people
job
Housing Associate II/Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 4, 2018
It is a good job and works well for me. Some things could be changed but it is a good standard job for the county. Good pay and everything else. Raises happen pretty frequently.
Great Place to Work
Constituent Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 30, 2018
I like my good because each day is something different and I am getting to help the constituents of a wonderful County. I have learned a lot working for Baltimore County these past 15 years.
A waste of time
Generalist-Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMarch 28, 2018
Don't waste your time poor management staff act like children. He say she say. No room for growth opportunity upper management will hold you back. This Office is the by far the worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
State Benefits
Diverse Location
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 1, 2018
Diverse location to work. Depending on the area, not a lot to do or age diversity. Great place for families but not young professionals. A lot of local corporations.
Baltimore County is the best to work for.
Office Automation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJanuary 5, 2018
Good management. Good benefits. Competitive salary with the private sector on an hourly basis. Good job opportunities for those who wish to work hard and continue their education.
A day in my school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day in school is loud constant movement but the kids all worth it teaching mentoring motivating and most of all nurturing these beautiful kids loving them like your own encouraging them that life is bigger than what society perceives it as so yes I'm grateful.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay
Secure Employer
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2018
The Employer itself I cant judge I worked in the Police dept, that job is very stressful, emotional and demanding. I would have a better review if I had worked in a different department .
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful, demanding, bad work hours