Baltimore County, MD Employee Reviews

stressful job
911 Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 11, 2018
911 call taker is a job developed for a certain skill level and I applaud the people who can master it. I developed some great workmates
and received great advice on learning the job. Unfortunately I could not type fast enough to get the required information to the dispatcher
Pros
benifits
Cons
stressful
Baltimore County government is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I worked for Baltimore County government for 5 years and loved it. We had to move out of the area which was why I had to quit. The people I worked with were great and there was a chance for advancement.
Pros
Monday to Friday workweek, paid holidays, great benefits
Cons
Advancement depends on who retires or if you transfer to another department
Awesome place to work where you connect to the public
Administrator/Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 15, 2018
Baltimore County is an awesome place to work if you're into public health. The diversity of the company proves to be both fun and exiting. Paid Holidays and a good benefit package is a plus.
Pros
meet good people
Cons
no room for advancement
Understaffed, Underpaid, Overworked
Unfriendly employees
Poor training
Weekends off
One early day a week
Opportunity to take classes for free
workplace culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 20, 2018
I had a great experience working with Balto. county gov Meeting
nice workers and the public everyday was enjoyable working there
set me up for other positions
Not supportive to teachers.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 15, 2018
Taught 4 different classes. Two grades and four preps daily. Little support from principal who created the job for me after substitute teaching for five years at Catonsville Middle. Principal used inappropriate language and did not promote collaborative relationship among faculty.
Pros
Engaged students and parent, good curriculum, equipment suitable
Cons
Long hours due to 4 daily peps, lack of support, pricipal disliked by community
I didn't work at a real company
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2018
While tutoring I learned even more information than i previously knew, as I didn't work at place associated with the government or corporate my schedule was lenient, the hardest part was constantly reviewing information, and the most enjoyable was actually being able to teach people.
Former baltimore county 911 technician
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 11, 2018
When I first started out it was ok but overtime it grew to be too much, for one during training if you was a minute late you got called into the office and disciplined. You wasnt allowed to have a life at all, this job is your life regardless if you have kids and a family, The pay and benefits were good but that's about it.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Schedules, atmosphere, petty people
job
Housing Associate II/Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 4, 2018
It is a good job and works well for me. Some things could be changed but it is a good standard job for the county. Good pay and everything else. Raises happen pretty frequently.
Great Place to Work
Constituent Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 30, 2018
I like my good because each day is something different and I am getting to help the constituents of a wonderful County. I have learned a lot working for Baltimore County these past 15 years.
A waste of time
Generalist-Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMarch 28, 2018
Don't waste your time poor management staff act like children. He say she say. No room for growth opportunity upper management will hold you back. This Office is the by far the worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
State Benefits
Diverse Location
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 1, 2018
Diverse location to work. Depending on the area, not a lot to do or age diversity. Great place for families but not young professionals. A lot of local corporations.
Baltimore County is the best to work for.
Office Automation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJanuary 5, 2018
Good management. Good benefits. Competitive salary with the private sector on an hourly basis. Good job opportunities for those who wish to work hard and continue their education.
A day in my school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day in school is loud constant movement but the kids all worth it teaching mentoring motivating and most of all nurturing these beautiful kids loving them like your own encouraging them that life is bigger than what society perceives it as so yes I'm grateful.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay
Secure Employer
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2018
The Employer itself I cant judge I worked in the Police dept, that job is very stressful, emotional and demanding. I would have a better review if I had worked in a different department .
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful, demanding, bad work hours
Corrections
Correctional Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 19, 2017
Corrections is a stressful job, it is up to you to decide what you make of it. There is no summary for this job because everyone makes their own impression and fit.
Good Work Environment
Customner Relationship Manager - OIT (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 5, 2017
Great place to work ... easy to focus on mission ... strong support from senior management ... a lot of flexibility to pursue innovative strategies to achieve goals.
Pros
Collegial atmosphere
Cons
Reluctant Customer Base
Receptionist for Baltimore County
District Court Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
I think working for Baltimore County is great and everyone that knows their job always tries to help one another. I think that it is ga great place to work and you always get to know who you are working with and how they feel about the company itself.
Pros
it would be closer to my other job
Cons
no cons
Ok
Management Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 28, 2017
It was a fine place to work. Good benefits Good amount of time off. Depended on what department you worked in. There were promotional opportunities. Opportunities for training and networking. All positions were in Baltimore County.
The county is run very poorly.
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 15, 2017
They don't care about attracting the best and brightest. They don't want to pay market rate. Their work practices are antiquated and take too long to help the end user.
Management will not fight to get you fairly compensated. If you are motivated and work hard they don't recognize your work or provide positive feedback. You are expected to do the work of others when they leave and then they drag their feet or decide not to hire a replacement.