Baltimore Medical System, Inc. Employee Reviews

a good job have to be on your peas and q
Medical Assistance / Immunization Specialiscl (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I had a big responsibility as a Immunization nurse it was a learning place most Doctors are fair to work with co worker was fine to work with but some was not pleasant
Wonderful place to work
Corp. Comp. Officer, Office Mgr, Exec. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21213June 20, 2018
Baltimore Medical System was a great place to work. I hated to leave and only did so because of moving. Gave me a great opportunity for advancement, very fair and a great workplace culture. I would recommend this as a good place to consider for employment.
Pros
Gives their employees a chance for advancement within.
Workplace culture
Employee Health, Vaccine Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2018
The workplace culture is diverse and everyone is treated equally. There is advancement at BMSI and if you are looking at another position within, you will need your supervisors approval and championship in recommending you for the desired position you are searching for.
Mismanagement, Politics, and PR Come Before Patients
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2018
I reported to a great leader although in a smaller department. My pay, from the beginning, was not commensurate to 25% of market, but this is a known sacrifice to work in these highly financially challenged FQHCs. The pay started to matter more and more though as I received more tasks and responsibilities outside my role and had upper leadership deny various requests for growth opportunities to ensure we could work these skills. In the meantime, practitioners received at or above market on a non-RVU basis creating a clash between seeing patients at a rapid clip and just getting done their administrative work, let alone have management provide adequate time for both. This type of practice and others like sudden arrivals and departures of leader and almost randomly changing operating abilities and locations made it seem a constant state of chaos even when calm. By the end I kept my head down and was told honestly I would never be able to advance, so I departed. It was sad. I had good friends there and a wonderful manager and I loved our patients. I would have stayed if my leader asked because of my trust in them personally. But now, later, I still receive messages from old colleagues that the holes in the ship have never been plugged and it is taking water on so rapidly that fear is a daily reminder.
Pros
Work hours, schedule, job I was hired for was interesting and worthwhile
Cons
The jobs I wasn’t hired for weren’t great, expensive healthcare with low acceptance to specialists, management, staffing, growth, compensenation, sense of planning
Skip this place
Physician (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreApril 14, 2018
There are many good people here who are dedicated and caring about patients but managent is not supportive and constantly critical. You are not given enough time to s patients and do what could pass as average care... forget about giving people good care her, management wants you to see as many people as possible, make as much money as possible for them. They are not supportive ,and just want the patients to be"happy". which means giving them what they want, not what good care would be..... The staff are nice but overworked. Pay is barley average. You'll be happier some place else!
Pros
Interesting patients
Cons
Lack of appropriate support and admins will throw you under the bus in a flash, poor pay
Dont waste your time in an RN position
Former IM/FP Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD - HiglandtownMarch 5, 2018
Unrealistic expectations.
Poor and frequently changing management.
Threaten disciplinary action for areas out of your direct control.
Lack of support.
Pros
Pay was equitable
Cons
Very Stressful
Over worked Management sucks
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2018
It's always something. They are a federally qualified health center. So it's alot of red tape and alot of work. They don't appreciate their staff. Management is a joke. People are miserable and bullies.
Pros
Cons
Immaturity, back stabbing, cliques, too much gossiping
Transparency
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2018
- My immediate supervisor is okay.
- The director is a lost cause.
- The environment lacks professionalism.
- Overworked and underpaid.
- Meetings with management are a complete waste of time.
- HR = nepotism.
Pros
Immediate Supervisor
Cons
See body of the preview.
Great work culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2017
Great work culture and vacation roll over
Great people to work with and benefits are good
Overtime is rarely required
Company assist under served community with health care
Pros
Vacation Rollover
Good place
Pharmacist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Good place to work. Medium paced environment with great co-workers. No issues like working here. Would recommend to others. Good experience with 340b.
poor management
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2017
Management does not value employees security and safety. Constantly management demonstrated a lack of value and care for patients and staff. At the end it was much easier to move on than to try and make a difference.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work culture, and poor management.
i can't advance in my position
Insurance verification specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
too many things change at one time sometimes without notice. need to bump up the pay! I'm not happy that I can no advance on to something else in my field.
Poor management and no communication
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2017
There is very poor communication between management and staff. Management is not open to ideas or suggestions from employees. Benefits are pretty good, but the pay is terrible and you are only allowed to get up to a 2% raise now, which used to be 3% under the previous CEO (still only peanuts, but better than 2%).
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
attitudes of management
good place
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2017
good place and nice to work for, far away from the city but if you live locally that should not be a problem for you. Overall nice people and a rich experience.
Enjoy the patient population
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2017
Enjoy the patient population; culture not so much. MA's basically run the clinics a climate of intimidation where the RN's do not ask them to do anything...cannot keep RN's
Pros
patient population
Cons
culture
work is over whelming
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2017
work over whelming and no support. work is very over whelming with no management support. work is very overwhelming and employees are not appreciated to much favoritism is shown
OK place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
It was a little unorganized but if you are motivated and are truly there to help the patients, then you will be just fine working here. The Health Administrator at the St Agnes sight is the BEST and she is the reason why that center is still functional !!
I loved this job
Pediatric Nurse/ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  St AgnesMay 4, 2017
I have been at this position for over a year. I loved the combination of community based health care and how important it is care. Extremely rewarding everyday. I will love to take everyone with me as I move.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Cant find any
If you are an RN keep looking
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2017
Heavy workload between direct patient care and case management.
Management is inexperienced and "cliquish". Very low morale.
Not worth the drama and behavior displayed by staff.
High turnover rate.
Keep looking.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Ineffective leadership, punitive atmosphere, limited job growth
New, progressive leadership is making many improvements
Clinical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
The leadership team at Baltimore Medical System is focused on patient satisfaction, quality and making BMS an employer of choice. Recent market adjustments in compensation, very competitive benefits and management training have all been recently implemented. The new CEO is very dedicated, a great listener and truly cares about all levels of staff. It's a pleasure to work at an organization where there is so much passion for improving the healthcare of the disadvantaged communities we serve.
Pros
Leadership's values and dedication, mission focus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baltimore Medical System, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8