Baltimore Medical System, Inc. Employee Reviews

Competitive and challenging work atmosphere
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
Great atmosphere and g to rest learning experience as to the diverse culture and population of patients we serve. Room to grow within company between administration and clinical
High turnover rate for employees on all levels.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
It need to be better teamwork in school based health. Some school based health staff allow students to hang out, cut class and disrespect the health suite, while other schools have better structure and control.
Pros
Consistent hours and good pay.
Cons
The students control the environment in Some schools
Job Summary incorrect
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Extremely low morale. Hostile. Inexperienced management.
Care management is not your primary responsibility.
You will monitor coumadin patients
Visits- teaching, LTBI patient monitoring, triage nurse, wound care, medication administration
Asking phones
Responding to inbox messages..
Extremely high nurse turnover
Pros
Benefits, worklife balance
Cons
Management, pay, toxic work environment
a good job have to be on your peas and q
Medical Assistance / Immunization Specialiscl (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I had a big responsibility as a Immunization nurse it was a learning place most Doctors are fair to work with co worker was fine to work with but some was not pleasant
Poor Leadership
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2018
Turnover of several key c-suite positions in a short period of time. Each replacement seemed less competent than the last. Provider-driven culture. Little recognition or development of middle management or key staff.
Pros
Resources abundant for patient care.
Cons
Lack of recognition for staff
Wonderful place to work
Corp. Comp. Officer, Office Mgr, Exec. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21213June 20, 2018
Baltimore Medical System was a great place to work. I hated to leave and only did so because of moving. Gave me a great opportunity for advancement, very fair and a great workplace culture. I would recommend this as a good place to consider for employment.
Pros
Gives their employees a chance for advancement within.
Workplace culture
Employee Health, Vaccine Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2018
The workplace culture is diverse and everyone is treated equally. There is advancement at BMSI and if you are looking at another position within, you will need your supervisors approval and championship in recommending you for the desired position you are searching for.
Mismanagement, Politics, and PR Come Before Patients
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2018
I reported to a great leader although in a smaller department. My pay, from the beginning, was not commensurate to 25% of market, but this is a known sacrifice to work in these highly financially challenged FQHCs. The pay started to matter more and more though as I received more tasks and responsibilities outside my role and had upper leadership deny various requests for growth opportunities to ensure we could work these skills. In the meantime, practitioners received at or above market on a non-RVU basis creating a clash between seeing patients at a rapid clip and just getting done their administrative work, let alone have management provide adequate time for both. This type of practice and others like sudden arrivals and departures of leader and almost randomly changing operating abilities and locations made it seem a constant state of chaos even when calm. By the end I kept my head down and was told honestly I would never be able to advance, so I departed. It was sad. I had good friends there and a wonderful manager and I loved our patients. I would have stayed if my leader asked because of my trust in them personally. But now, later, I still receive messages from old colleagues that the holes in the ship have never been plugged and it is taking water on so rapidly that fear is a daily reminder.
Pros
Work hours, schedule, job I was hired for was interesting and worthwhile
Cons
The jobs I wasn’t hired for weren’t great, expensive healthcare with low acceptance to specialists, management, staffing, growth, compensenation, sense of planning
Skip this place
Physician (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreApril 14, 2018
There are many good people here who are dedicated and caring about patients but managent is not supportive and constantly critical. You are not given enough time to s patients and do what could pass as average care... forget about giving people good care her, management wants you to see as many people as possible, make as much money as possible for them. They are not supportive ,and just want the patients to be"happy". which means giving them what they want, not what good care would be..... The staff are nice but overworked. Pay is barley average. You'll be happier some place else!
Pros
Interesting patients
Cons
Lack of appropriate support and admins will throw you under the bus in a flash, poor pay
Great work enivronment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2018
Baltimore Medical Systems is and was a great organization which focuses on giving professional care in the communities that they serve. Was a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Great with serving the community
Cons
pay scale
Dont waste your time in an RN position
Former IM/FP Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD - HiglandtownMarch 5, 2018
Unrealistic expectations.
Poor and frequently changing management.
Threaten disciplinary action for areas out of your direct control.
Lack of support.
Pros
Pay was equitable
Cons
Very Stressful
Good Place
Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2018
If you're a person that really enjoys helping and working with others BMS is definitely the place for you. Working @ BMS it is always something to do or to learn.
Cons
Parking
Over worked Management sucks
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2018
It's always something. They are a federally qualified health center. So it's alot of red tape and alot of work. They don't appreciate their staff. Management is a joke. People are miserable and bullies.
Pros
Cons
Immaturity, back stabbing, cliques, too much gossiping
Transparency
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2018
- My immediate supervisor is okay.
- The director is a lost cause.
- The environment lacks professionalism.
- Overworked and underpaid.
- Meetings with management are a complete waste of time.
- HR = nepotism.
Pros
Immediate Supervisor
Cons
See body of the preview.
Friendly staff and environment
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with BMC. Busy clinical duties.Fair management.
Enjoyable environment and always learning something new. Worked in school health and clinics.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low pediatric caseload in area where I was working.Mostly adult.
good place to work location is ok
Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2017
you have to be strong to work there do not get caught up in the clicks
some folks are ok the doctors are great I loved my job it was awesome my coworker was great some folks have a lot of personal junk
Pros
a good palce to work
Cons
to much confusing
Great work culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2017
Great work culture and vacation roll over
Great people to work with and benefits are good
Overtime is rarely required
Company assist under served community with health care
Pros
Vacation Rollover
Fast paced.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
You will utilize all of you skills. Must be willing to adapt to all changes that take place daily. Have to be very patient with the pediatric group. Have to have excellent veinipuncture skills.
Pros
Utilize all skills
Cons
Low pay for busy practice
Good place
Pharmacist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Good place to work. Medium paced environment with great co-workers. No issues like working here. Would recommend to others. Good experience with 340b.
poor management
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2017
Management does not value employees security and safety. Constantly management demonstrated a lack of value and care for patients and staff. At the end it was much easier to move on than to try and make a difference.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work culture, and poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baltimore Medical System, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Baltimore Medical System, Inc. Reviews by Location