Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 2,301 reviews matching the search See all 2,607 reviews
Cool environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 23, 2019
The banana I worked at and the people I worked with made the experience worth it at times but everywhere is different. The pay was minimum wage, the place was often fast pace, management was okay. For someone with no job experience or in need of extra money it okay
Fun job
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2019
This was my first retail job and I love the experience of working at a retail store. Friendly co workers and schedule is flexible. Although the management seem strict, but I understand that as an associate need to do a lot of sales. Especially the manager sets up a goal to beat other locations, which kind a cool that we work as a team to beat the goal.
Pros
Flexible schedule
sales manager
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2019
globe. Banana Republic is a subsidiary of Gap, Inc., which generates over $15B in revenue and staffs over 150,000 employees.
• Strategic Operations & Sales Leadership. Contributed and was instrumental to the launch of the first Banana
Republic Superstore in Chicago (40,000 SF) in the Magnificent Mile, which generates ~$30MM in revenue (annually).
• Talent Development & Retention. Managed the hiring, training, and success of over 50 FTEs, including everything
from developing training plans for store leadership, to meeting and exceeding business goals in every quarter employed.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Productive and laid back workplace.
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
Learned how to process transactions over hand-held devices. The customers were laid back. Management is there to answer any concerns regarding scheduling and training.
n/a
Key Holder/ Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2019
most of the times is busy with costumers and tourist coming and going.
with this job a I have learn how to manage my BA's during busy hours and make sure we can reach our daily goals
Pros
great peers
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMarch 19, 2019
Laid back work day, busy on weekends. Great management with decent employees. I would highly recommend it as a high school job. Very flexible schedules.
Pros
Fun
Cons
slow sometimes
weak leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 18, 2019
working for Banana Republic was my first job, and it was a middle of the road experience I had little guidance from managers and team leaders. Very little was explained and I felt left out much of the time. In a teamwork driven environment like retail that can be terribly unnerving. The overall culture of the workplace culture was good if you had already been acquainted with the staff. The management also lost one of my checks and did not bother to do anything about it, that was very upsetting and extremely nonprofessional. I did not have a good experience working there.
Banana Republic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 18, 2019
It just depended on the day on if it was going to be a good day at work, or just a bad one. If I showed up and my managers were not their normal selves, yeah I could tell it was going to be a bad day. Luckily for me all my managers liked me so I did not really get in trouble for much things. Hardest part of the job is trying to make money even if we do not get the amount of customers in to buy items. Or trying to get people to sign up for the banana card. I loved all my managers and some of the the associates, but I'm glad I left.
Pros
worked with my schedule.
Cons
associates
The worst
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 18, 2019
Management sucks here, they are super unorganized and don’t promote working as part of a team. Employees get disciplined for talking to each other, even if it’s work related. They really need to reevaluate their management team.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, lack of team work, lack of trust
Ambiente Tranquilo pasivo
ventas y atencion al cliente (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CA. U.S.A.March 18, 2019
aprendí a ser buen compañero de trabajo, comunicarme correctamente con otros y a desarrollar nuevas habilidades dentro del trabajo a como me lo pidieran, siempre las cosas primordiales eran la atención al cliente, tener una buena actitud, el orden y la limpieza.
workplace culture
Operations Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2019
encompasses diversity and culture. Opportunity to develop within, and given the tools to advance in career. Need to be highly driven and able to adapt to the fast pace business. Able to engage with customers through multi channels such as; mobile, tablets, and face interaction.
Bad management and environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 17, 2019
If I could rate the management a 0 star I would. Bad management & lots of favoritism here. If you’re not their favorite dont expect hours! Enviorment is not clean and workers do not take work seriously! Very stressful.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
My reveiw is good employee employer reationship, caring and comfortable envirement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 17, 2019
I loved working at banana and I plan to go back I worked with people that worked together to get the job done we looked out for the company and each other.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fun but unfair team members.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2019
I really enjoyed what I used to do like being a sales a ssociate and cashier, but the management and some team members were unfair and tought that just because I was underage I wouldn’t have done great at accomplishing my goals for the store.
Pros
50% Off
Cons
15 Min Break
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 16, 2019
If you are trying to apply at this job, just don't. Bad manager once they dont like you for whatever it is the case they won't schedule you. Favoritism a lot! If you don't get schedule or enough days is cus theirs other ppl more important
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management, favoritism a lot
Great culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 14, 2019
Awesome culture. Great benefits.

Can be a little bureaucratic and political at times but what corporate company isn't? All around, a great experience.
Fun environment but low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
The people working there are very nice and easy going.

It's definitely a job for students and not so much for people that want a career.

It's a lot of work for very little pay. You do get a good experience of sales environment and I am glad mine was Banana Republic.
Fast paced
Stock Crew (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2019
We have very busy days as well as slow days. There are days when we have to deal with rude customers. But my team and I handle it very well. I love the people I work with.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
bad pay
Easy, fun,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2019
Very easy, sometimes boring but if you like interacting with people and helping people find what they want to wear! Very easy going and fun place to be apart of
Great work culture. Company is very demanding
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2019
Company demanding. Lack of development opportunities. Better pay for external candidates than internal candidate. Great benefits. Great work culture. Great teamwork. Great discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss