Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Fast paced and unorganized workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 24, 2018
A typical day at work included working with customers, setting up displays, organizing shelves, checking inventory, and communicating with co-workers.
Pros
50% off clothes
Cons
No routine work schedule
Fast paced environment
SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 23, 2018
Must be a fast learner and always something new to learn when it comes to presentation and fashion, plus fabric qualities. Also a platform to build long term with regular customers.
I love the Banana Republic the employees are extremely friendly and kind the management is wonderful their understanding the store is organized .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 23, 2018
It's a Wonderful store to work at full of gross and opportunities management is there to help you grow teach you always room for improvements higher positions in the company but just not enough hours.
Pros
Part of a wonderful team
Cons
Part time
It was fun while it lasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 23, 2018
It was not bad working here at all it was just that later on managers where so rude , and the way they would talk to you wasn't okay however I loved working with the people I made plenty of friends there.
An enjoyable few months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 23, 2018
For the most part I did enjoy working here until new management. The pay was fantastic along with the hours, only thing is that they didn’t tend to listen to your availability and when you couldn’t find coverage for that shift and call out they would get upset with you and not give you as many hours the next week.
Pros
pay
Cons
availability scheduling
Good for a flexible job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
Very flexible scheduling and have met some of my very best friends as employees. Company and store management policies can change often. Can get annoying with the push to sell company credit cards heavily.
Pros
Always loved fellow employees, always something to do, flexible
Cons
no pay increases, management inconsistencies, push selling credit cards
Good Discount @ the gap brands
Customer Lead and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 22, 2018
A typical day : you might be busy or no
the company is not doing too good. you learned to work w a lot of people and learned a lot about fashion. managment is ok
Pros
great discouts
Cons
No loyalty
Ok job
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 22, 2018
Scheduling was flexible, managers were helpful and considerate. Raises were every 6 months but could be small. Company discount was a major perk of the job
Not Great!!
Lead Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2018
By far the worst place to work. It was you like you are completely disposable. They dont care about their employees. The management is terrible all they care about is money.
Exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
Very customer oriented company. The part I enjoyed the most was assisting the customers and exceeding daily goals. Co-workers are very respectful and polite.
Great company, great growth potential, excellent leadership
Sales Associate/Stock Supervisor/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 19, 2018
I loved working for Gap, Inc. My two store managers were huge influences on my development, and are people I strongly admire. I started as a sales associate, learned stockroom responsibilities, got promoted to stock sup when our old one left to work at J Crew (they carried men's XS, and he was a little guy). Spent a year and a half leading a team to completion of markdowns, promos, and shipment. Due to some personal reasons, I had to step down, but stayed on as an associate for another year and a half.
Fast forward a year, and one of the assistant managers messaged me asking if I'd be interested in coming back as stock sup. It's a better job at that point than it was when I held it (it's classified as full time, so benefits). I of course said yes, and talked to the store manager about it. A week or so later, he informed me of a sister store that was looking for an assistant manager. It was actually closer to where I lived at the time, so I applied there. I interviewed with their store manager, the district manager, and another store manager before getting the job. I worked at that store for almost a year and absolutely loved it. It was by far my favorite job that I've ever had. I only left because I moved halfway across the country.
The people, the culture, the job itself, were all fantastic. Gap Inc is a brand that truly values their employees, and in my experience, both of my store managers were all about developing talent within the store, and promoting from within. I know of at least two associates who became members of leadership since I left the last store, and I know
  more... that's due primarily to the store manager.  less
Pros
Company culture, leadership team, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Lack of overtime
Proactivity
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Banana Republic. Very challenging task. Customer was very courteous and great leadership team with co-workers and manager. Able to utilize my skills in other areas
Love the Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 17, 2018
I enjoy working in the retail world. There is always something to and a lot to learn. From the company to one self and reaching goals for ourself. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Overall, a great company
Assistant Store Manager - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
Didn't like the District Manager. Snob. Some of the employees were like that as well. Otherwise, customer base was nice, lot's of folding and perfecting. It's a great company that offer superb benefits and discounts.
Pros
Benefits & discounts
Cons
Lower pay rates
Just a standard clothing retail job
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2018
The hours were not great after the holidays and inconsistent work schedule. The hardest part for me was not making enough money to pay bills and buy work clothes even though the discount is good.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
No set schedule
If you like clothes, the discount can help
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, COMay 15, 2018
Gap Inc is a great company to work for, they really go out of the way to train managers not only to manage, but to be better people. If the pay was better, I might still be there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Pay
great first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 15, 2018
i learned about the business. payroll, merchandising, all of it. you got great discounts and the people you work with are fun. the only thing is youre constantly on your feet so be sure to wear comfy shoes.
Great Staff
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 14, 2018
Well organized management, Great discount and great hours, Hardest part of the job is pushing for banana cards. Credit Cards are very important to them.
Pros
Free 15 minute break
Cons
pays twice a week
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2018
The company was a mess. Constantly changing everything like they were lost. Good pay and PTO and merchandise. I learned a lot but do not regret leaving.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
The Company is a mess
Great place
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2018
The store where I work is gradually changing it's personality as newer employees bring a fresher perspective to the table allowing for a difference of opinion or approach to achieve cohesiveness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight