Banana Republic

Banana Republic Employee Reviews

United States3,008 reviews

Found 3,008 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,431 reviews
republicclothecustomamazesalediscountcardhour

Good first-experience with customer and sales interaction

I was able to improve communication skills working the costumers throughout my time working at Banana Republic. I was also taught to understand whats current with out clothing line and how to operate different positions whether it be sales associates or working behind the register.

Cons

Management was a bit inflexible to work schedules and did not discuss pay prior to hire.

Official response from Banana Republic

December 3, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! It's important for us to invest in our employees' careers and teaching them valuable skills they can use on and off the job. We hope you will continue to utilize the skills you acquired on our team throughout your career.

Very fast paced and engaging

Great place to work with plenty of advancement opportunities. Extremely focused on sales, up-sales, opening credit cards. Biggest negative is all of the black out dates, which are days you can't have off.

Banana Republic insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Good place to start

Compared to most jobs, the benefits are great and I was lucky to have great management and coworkers, but if you're a person that is not very good at socializing or sales, this is might not be the job for you. There's a monthly credit card sign-up quota, that is hard to reach if you're not actively and constantly pushing for sign-up to customers, which can become mentally exhausting over time.

Fun but not professional

Working at Banana Republic it was fun but it never was professional and even the management struggled to be professional and thorough when training new hires. It would always be up to former employees to train the new hires and none of the management were responsible or nice.

Pros

Coworkers

It was very fulfilling

Manager and coworkers were excellent and treated you with respect. It would get a little boring at times when there wasn’t a lot of customers and all there was to do was fix clothes, but was fine other than that.

Pros

Fun place to work at

Cons

Pay was alright

Get experience and leave

The management team still has a long way to go in terms of learning how to work as a team. The main management person has micromanaging habits and does not really care about the team. All that person cares about is to get rewards/cards. I understand that it is part of the position. Pushy environment. Saying that they want the brand to be more "High End." What they don't understand is that "High End" brands do not have cards/rewards nor and their sales associates are not pushy. Instead of learning about each individual's strength and utilize the best of their abilities, they expect us to only take orders and perform like robots. Same script, same pushy questions. They expect you to keep pushing and following customers around even if the body language is saying no. They also expect you to have your availability open 24/7 even though they might only give you 12-20 hours a week. You cannot expect people to act like peasants and giving high class service while you are paying your employees minimum wage with no benefits whatsoever.

Liked it well enough

Fine place to work. Fun first job after high school. It was a part time position and felt very low stress. I enjoyed the flexible hours and management was always very nice and helpful.

Best job for students who have free time in their schedule!!

I worked here during my spring semester of college since my schedule was pretty light. I had never worked retail before, and this was, honestly, the best entry experience I have had. I loved the management team (miss y'all!) and the other employees I worked with. It can be a lot at times, but whenever you expressed that you were overwhelmed or needed help they were there for you. Also, the pay REALLY helped me with college expenses as well as personal needs. The customers were overall really nice, and working weekdays was pretty easy. Besides the understaffing issues that we had for a while when I was working there, I have nothing to complain about! If you're considering this job, APPLY NOW!

Nice place to work

I enjoyed working there. The management and co-workers were great to work with and very supportive of each other. They were flexible with scheduling.

Standard minimum wage retail job

I worked at BR part time through college. I found it to be a typical minimum wage retail job- expect to get treated poorly by management and customers alike.

Fun work environment

Part time = 5 hoursFull Time = 5+ hours great workmates. A lot of folding, customer focused, managers are second to none. Managers were amazing, fun co-workers and It was a good place to get work experience.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Great Work Athmosphere

some of the people in this environment were good to be around while others werent

spending everyday with bipolar people and competition for a pat on the back without any commission odly (some of them) while others r so sweet n fun to b around ..sometimes

Dreadful having to come in

Cut hours and kept hiring people to only work 4-hour shifts. With a constant rotation of employees leaving, management has favorites. Felt like high school. Made you work for your minimum wage, worst job I've ever had.

Pros

Snacks in break room

Cons

Short breaks, Lack of hours

Productive place to work

Working here has taught me so much about customer service, and having the ability to learn more on enhancing the atmosphere for customers experience. I only wish the managers would treat others fairly amongst themselves, and our employees especially. I do feel there is a lot favoritism within our company as a whole.

Not a bad company to start

i think that company is moving in the right direction and is a pretty good place to start your first job. However the management at my store was better than most so i could be bias

decent if looking for retail work

worked there for around a year or two. they were very flexible with my schedule and i loved the people that i worked with while i was there. minimum wage job but what did you expect.

Great place to work. Very friendly and nice environment. If you love clothes this is definitely the place to be. Your customer are appreciative and friendly. There’s always a sale.

Fun work place

I worked part time at banana republic and had great managers who were able to accommodate my hours there around my main job. The employees benefits are great and overall it was a fun place to work at part time.

the best

had so much fun here, learned lots of things.great for a first time job ! you will learn how to fold, register and all about fashion. Apply if you are in college and need money !

Fun and enjoyable part time job

Great Management and staff, made my time at this location very desirable and you could work as many hours as you wanted to. Life long customer and fan of this product, quality is still good when J.Crew and others have started failing.

Pros

staff and management

Stellar Company!

I worked at Banana Republic from 2018-2021. One of the best jobs I’ve ever had, and would have loved to go further but schedule conflicted with my beliefs. My team was one of the tightest knit families and I believe our store was one of the best, even during Covid crisis. It’s a great starting job and if you put in the time room for growth. :)

Common questions about Banana Republic

Answered by current and former employees at Banana Republic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Banana Republic.
Powered byComparably