Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 2,198 reviews matching the search See all 2,488 reviews
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CA 95035December 14, 2018
Banana Republic was very flexible with scheduling. There were very friendly people and you will get trained for almost every position in the store. Competitions made it fun to go to work to make the goal.
Fun place to work in SF
Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2018
Your team will influence your experience at any job but here especially. People put in hard work and sometimes long hours, but is a fun culture most of the time. Learned a lot.
Producive & Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 12, 2018
Everything was great. The managers, my fellow associates and the energy during a typical work day. We were all cooperative and understanding of each other.
Great people
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 9, 2018
This is one of the few companies I would recommend to work for. But I think is because of the management, very helpful and sweet, everyone helped everyone. It was like a family. I really liked it here, but it was seasonal only
Pros
great management and coworkers
Cons
it was only seasonal
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
I loved the culture and the relationship between the managers and the employees. They were always willing to help out in case one didnt know. Additionally, during the holidays they held parties for the employees to celebrate on holidays. They always motivated us to work harder.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
they werent consistent when we tried switching our shifts with others.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 7, 2018
Not all that great they kinda over price their clothes. They need to work on staffing and not being so rude to the customers and of course the employees.
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTDecember 5, 2018
I loved working with everyone there. They were very attentive and kind. I never had a bad day there and I was never pressured to sell sell sell. People would come in usually looking for something specific.
Banana
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 3, 2018
Working at BR has really helped me mold into a marketing and sales associate that I want to be. This really gave me a different perspective on how to work with customers and really helped me gain experience with high-end clothing.
The best place I've worked in all my life
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 2, 2018
Banana Republic, a division of Gap Inc. was bar none, the absolute best company I've ever had the privilege to work for. Their state lime line was you don't work for us, you work with us. They meant it.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LADecember 1, 2018
Banana republic is a very great company to work for . They make sure you not confused about anything always make sure that they employees are good and caught up and just help one another like a family
You Learn A lot During the holidays
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2018
Other than the holiday season, BR isn't that bad. its mostly quiet if you're in sales. Stock associates never stop. Holiday seasonal will get crazy but as far as how much merchandise you'll receive. The guest are still easy to manage
Pros
Discounts
Gotta try it out
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 30, 2018
Love the company. I would highly recommend this company. So many advancement nd recognition. This company knows just to hire to bring the best brand ambassador
a nice and motivating work crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2018
banana republic was a great place to work, most if not all of the workers were really nice people. work was well organized and it was always clear what job were you performing on a certain day.

the issue here was an over stressed manager in my opinion and lack of hours.
Liked working at Banana
Customer Experience Manager/Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79424November 29, 2018
Enjoyed the store culture and atomosphere but did not like the store managers way of being deceitful and not adhering to the company policies
Spoke with DM about my concerns and they were not addressed
Pros
Store and product
Cons
Store Manager
team
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at bR
It could be a challenge sometimes but mostly the customers were great and the team I worked with was full of amazing people...
productive and fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
A typical day at Banana Republic is coming in and getting right on the floor. It is fast paced and at times a little slow. i learned different communication skills, how to efficiently and effectively solve any problems that customers had. the management team there is very nice and understanding.
Pros
great work environment, reasonable hourly wage, and a nice employee discount
December 3, 2018

We believe in the value of investing in our employees and teaching them skills they can use regardless of where their career takes them. Thanks for sharing what it's like to work on our team in Chicago!

Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92008November 26, 2018
It was okay . Some staff were amazing . I did love the encouragement and environment, i loved how fast pace it was. It also taught me a lot and helped me with becoming who i am today .
December 3, 2018

One of our core messages at Gap Inc. is to be fast, be fearless, be better, and be bold. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the way we approach our work! Thanks for your review.

Productive & fun work place. Great management!
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2018
Working at Banana Republic for the past year has been a great experience. You get paid above minimum wage which is great for the people who are college students such as myself looking to survive. The management is also stellar, the team in general works very well together. No drama or favoritism. There is realistic expectations placed upon employees so you know you can achieve your goal, as well as opportunities to get a raise annually.
Pros
Great Management, Friendly coworkers, great pay
Cons
Short hours during off season
December 3, 2018

We understand the significant role our leaders play in the overall experience of all our employees. We're glad to hear you got the support and guidance needed to succeed in your role! Thanks for sharing.

Stressful and Lots of Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2018
- Managers were very catty, and treated customers who didn't want to get a card or already had a banana card,badly or ignored them
- Punishments if you can't push enough cards on time although you give great customer service efficiently and even drastically improve store surveys.
- Short breaks
-low hours available to work
Pros
reasonable wage
Cons
short breaks, pushing cards, low hours
November 28, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear this. We have always believed, since the very beginning of our company, that Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees feel welcome and supported. We work hard to activate this mission in real and tangible ways across our organization, every day. We offer comprehensive resources for our associates and our managers to help them succeed in their particular roles, and ensure that they’re supporting their team.

Ambiente
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 17, 2018
Un buen ambiente, todos cooperaban conjuntamente paralograr los objetivos de la compañia

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss