Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 2,140 reviews matching the search See all 2,416 reviews
good part time opportunity
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 11, 2018
good for high school/ college students
no real advancement unless you are focused on hospitality management.
its retails so expect the unexpected.
don't stay for too long.
Busy place, always please customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCOctober 11, 2018
Its a great place for shopping not so much if you want this to be your primary source of income. Some coworkers are nice to work with some feel like they dont jeed to work.
Pros
Shift app
Cons
Play with hours
Fashion Coaching
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Banana Republic. An excellent place to be since in the meeting the managers really teach about the fashion world and how to improve and do better by coaching on sales techniques.
Pros
Fashion Coaching
Cons
short breaks
can be a productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJOctober 10, 2018
productive when employees decide to work together with department heads. Free meals when you work over night or early in the morning.Can be a bit overwhelming.
Pros
employees are pretty cool always available to help one another when needed
Cons
scheduling is not the best, the managers tend to schedule you on days you already told them you aren't available to work
Great company to represent, if under the right management
Assistant Manager/ Head Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 10, 2018
I loved gap inc as a whole, it’s a wonderful company to work for.... if you happen to get under the right management. I would recommend they look into their staff more and store personnel more, in regards to store visits and relations, etc.
Pros
Positive influence on community
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, raises, unfair management
Terrible salaries
Sales and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 10, 2018
Terrible salaries for personnel part time and seasonal, low pay gives less incentive to some employees . Most staff employees were lazy and performed below the average quotas and or job requirements. Staff members left quality and quantity of workload for temporaries and seasonals.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Not a bad place
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 9, 2018
it was the people that made working here worth it's wild. Working everyday to provide service was decent but being force to get customers to get a banana card by management creates a stressful environment and unnecessary competition among employees. It's needs to provide great service with great clothes.
Pros
The co-workers and the discount.
Cons
Not even pay for provide high end clothes and service.
Don’t schedule enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 9, 2018
I got hired and the week after us new hires weren’t on the schedule yet so we picked up open shifts. 4 hour days, 15 break. They don’t give hours but they will cut the ones you have, yet you’re still hiring people. Nothing but a rotating door for this store. Everyone quits because it’s a joke. Leads have their favorites and speak their native language around us so nobody understands. They try to push this credit card that nobody wants or you get no hours. Our store doesn’t meet the goal because nobody really comes in or buys anything.
Pros
Cons
The job
My Favorite
Brand Ambassador/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2018
Banana was my first job. I love this company and everything it stands for. They care about their employees and their customers. It is and will always be my favorite place because it taught me so much.
Pros
The 50% off at all Gap Inc stores!
BR Ambassador
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 3, 2018
Banana Republic is a great place to work. Flexible hours and great management. Customers can be rude but the management is always willing to help solve any problems for associates. The motto of the store really helps for a nice and kind environment. Recommend working here!
Pros
management, flexible hours
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Banana Republic?

Ask a question
Great work environment, fun, upbeat and simple!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 3, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working with this company! The management was stellar and the job was enjoyable. Working with clothes really opened my mind to cool new trends, especially at BR stores. I worked at both the outlet and retail shops. Definitely a remarkable place to work.
Pros
Stress free work, meeting new people.
Cons
Slow days during the week.
A bit of time has passed but from what I remember..
Sales Assoc (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
I was very young working at BR/Gap and it was a very typical mid level sales position, with sales goals and bonus paid per goal tier. I was ambivalent about the job and basically working to buy clothes and pay bills. I cant really speak on the employee experience now it was at least 10 years ago that I was a member of the company.
Great place to work- huge focus on talent development
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2018
Best job I’ve ever had. Skills learned, opportunities given I will always be great fun for.
A work environment where the priority was me.
Worked for some of the BEST leaders in the business.
Offers great employee discounts at 3 leading brands.
Pros
Employee Discount
eh
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
It's a retail clothing store so the work life for someone who is looking for better opportunities, would have to live to work here. The management was never consistent either, was there for about 2yrs had 4 different GM's
Hated it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2018
Worked at Banana Republic for 2 years and in the beginning it was great then management changed and it became horrible. Things became stressful they started giving less hours. When working overnight the didn't even want you to talk the money and the drive was not worth the stress.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work, especially if it is your first job. hard work required but helps build skills in areas useful for someone who has never worked in retail setting before like cleaning skills and organization skills.
Productive and Interactive place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 30, 2018
Working at Banana Republic was a great experience. I was able to make great relationships with my fellow employees and consumers. By learning how to assist customers I not only feel confident in my communication skills but also in my skills as a sales representative.
Wonderful atmosphere for the more mature person in retail
Lead Stock Associate/Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I worked with Banana Republic for approximately 10 years. The more I worked there, more the company grew on me. The merchandise, the pace, the expectations etc. The flexibility of the hours worked for me. The merchandise discount is good, as it can be used across the brands. Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. Including the Outlet stores, too.

I was given some opportunities to learn different rolls, so that was a plus.

Occasionally there was lack of communication between managers.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, for the most part
Cons
Hours constantly get cut. Unreasonable project goals, time wise.
Fun place to work
Commission Sales & Visuals Team (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 29, 2018
Loved working here learned a lot great environment fast paced great clothes and employee discount.
Only downside to this job is the hours , expect to work weekends, holidays, nights .
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Working weekends nights overnights
no comment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 28, 2018
i don't have any comments for this job or any other job i will not talk down or up bout a palace i had to make my own opinion off of and will not spread it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight