Banc of California Employee Reviews

I was a happy employee while at Banc of Cal.
SR. PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 22, 2019
As my title says, I was always a very happy employee while working for this bank, I was always super busy and I loved that, I was always willing and eager to help others with whatever they needed, I always went the extra mile and stayed longer to ensure every employee got paid on time.
great place
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 11, 2019
i loved working here it was a team, we worked together to accomplish our goals. We got paid bonuses for campaigns. the customers were great. I loved the management. They loved their employees.
Pros
great place and hours.
management structure is questionable
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAOctober 24, 2018
playing favorite employee is not a game i chose not to participate. having to select person on how well they have a friendship is wrong and should always be look at job well done.
SBA Underwriting
Vice President - SBA Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 25, 2018
Handled new SBA loan applications interacting with customers and internal sales dept.

Management - cut corners in order to meet goals from senior mangement
Pros
Remote work options one day a week
Cons
Management team had frat boy mentalty
divisive workplace
Anon (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 20, 2018
My experience was not the greatest. There were few in middle management that were experts. Each department argued and issued ultimatums. Executives were unaware of the actions of middle management.
Great Environment, Team Building
Funder / Correspondent Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2018
Banc of California was a great working environment and promoted team work.They offered work opportunities to participate in company activities they sponsor.
Stay away
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Use to be a great place to work back when we were a smaller bank. Then with new upper management things changed from a nice personal bank to the big bank life where they don't care about the loyal employees and its all about numbers. Most of the uppers that beat down on you for not hitting numbers never hit their goals either back when they were managers.
growing pains
Relationship Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
There has been a lof of turnover in management, making morale and continuity of service very difficult. The hardest part of the job is meeting the client's need in a timely manner.
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership
Company Struggled to Recover
AVP, Senior Construction Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 5, 2018
In Q4 2016, the CEO was portrayed by investors in a negative way, and the company saw immediate damage. From that point, the company struggled to regain shareholder value, and shed hundreds of jobs over the next 8-9 months.

I was a top performer for the first 9 months of 2016, but changes in C-level credit admin resulted in steep drops in loan production across the board. My business dropped 80%.

Benefits package was the worst I've ever had.
Pros
Company knew how to celebrate employees
Cons
Poor C-level management
It was OK.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2018
Average company to work for. Nothing especially bad to say about my experience here. I worked remotely, but the new corporate headquarters is a very nice building.
I dont have any comments at this time
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAMay 29, 2018
This company was growing at the time I was there. Systems were new to me navigation was somewhat cumbersome. Management was good, my immediate reports.
Pros
new culture from previous, positive
Cons
developing policy guide lines as we went along
Like working here
Teller II (CSR) (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 1, 2018
First banking job and I have learned a lot with the little time I have been here!

If you want to get experience this would be a good first banking job.
Very dysfunctional place to work.
Vice President / Credit Officer III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2018
Extremely dysfunctional place to work at. Any promotion is based on who likes you and not your skills or even your ability to speak perfect English. The company also very disorganized with very bad culture of communicating important things with employees.
Fun Place to Work
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. It was fast-paced, challenging and rewarding. This is a great group of people to work with. I would highly recommend working here.
Company that thought me the most
Client Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2018
I worked in this company for 4 long years. When you work in a small office like this you become family. As a family all comes with good and bad times. But, none the less I feel that I grew the most in this company for my future career.
Pros
family like
Cons
HR will tell who you report.
Would not recommend it
IT Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 25, 2018
Not a great place to launch a career. Low compensation, no benefits. Management is brainwashed. Employees are always wanting to leave. Turnover extremely high. Retention rate is extremely low.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2018
Management does not know what they are doing. Would throw other employees under the bus when audits came up. No one could ever help with simple questions about how products work. Just terrible place to work
overall all a great company compared to other big banks
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAMarch 6, 2018
management was great we always worked as a team, the pay was right for my position and no issues ever with management or HR or payroll they were very on top of things at this company
FHA Insuring Specialist
FHA Insuring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 27, 2018
It was a great place to work. The culture was great. I enjoyed and adored all my colleague. To be honest I'm pretty sad that my journey end it soon due to the huge layoffs.
upper management is weak
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Promised a new office moved out of the Ghetto and never received any help from the Sales Manager

Manage Loan Originators pipeline, periodic motivation, training, and day to day operations in conjunction
with recruiting. Prescribed and implemented procedures for managing builder subdivisions as well as
overall customer service for clients and agents. Originate FHA, VA, Conforming, 203k, Jumbo and
Portfolio
Branchupper managers.
Pros
They have a great smooth process from origination to funding
Cons
No help from management...