BANCORPSOUTH Employee Reviews

No Opportunity
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  ARJanuary 26, 2019
executives, presidents, and other leaders are way too concerned with growth of the bank by acquiring more assets than investing in their current assets, including employees. Not all the employees i have come across in my local area are bad but for the most part there is just a disconnect between most departments, from the deposit side to the loan side to operations, from local leaders up to the top executives. There simply isn't much of a "culture" here. Everyone just does their job.
Pros
regular 8-5 schedule
positive.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 26, 2018
i enjoyed working here, the pay was fair. the members of my team were more than helpful in training me. I enjoyed it greatly. it was a family atmosphere.
Very happy as BXS employee
Management Trainee | Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 17, 2018
Typical day includes financial analysis of financial statements provided by officers and customers. Workplace is corporate. Hardest part of the job is learning all the exceptions. Most enjoyable part is learning something new everyday.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Middle Management
A day as Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed Bancorp South. We made it a great place to work and tried to make it enjoyable for customers. We always greeted everyone with a smile.
Image Specialist
Image Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 21, 2018
I scanned and prepped loans for BancorpSouth. I enjoyed trying something new when working here. It was a very friendly environment, even though it was slow and repetitive work. I would like to have a more upbeat work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Repetitive work
Ok
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 30, 2018
Ok. The job was ok. The money was not good but ok. Good work hours from 8 until 5, Monday thru Friday. Lower payments on loans. That is all I have to say about it.
fast paced
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, LAJune 21, 2018
This bank is fast paced and a friendly enviroment. I like the people i work around it is a team effort and we work together to get all of our work done.
Fantastic Work Environment
MORTGAGE LOAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the bank. I had great co workers and a positive work environment. I enjoyed my job and felt challenged often. I also felt there was advancement possibilities.
Fast paced work in commercial drive through window
TELLER II (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 6, 2018
From the time I clocked in until it was time to go, there was always something to do. Most of the time it was handling commercial and personal customer transactions in the drive-through, but during down time we had online training, call lists to complete, paperwork retention, and much more.
Pros
Great starting pay
Cons
short staffed most of the time
Great job
ATM/DEBIT CARD SPECIALIST, MORTGAGE (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 23, 2018
Great place and people to work for. I just needed a break for health reasons and decided to pursue a different career. It's secure, stable growth oriented company
A great place to work
Teller, ATM Custodian, CSR (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for BancorpSouth Bank. It was a very great place. I would love to work for this company anytime. I would recommend this company to anyone. I have bank with this company all my life. There rates are wonderful. The staff is very friendly and they all great you by your name. That is a plus for me. I would love another opportunity to work for this company again.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Relaxed
underwriter
Processor/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 18, 2018
This was a Bank where it was me and the Loan officer, who I reported to. It was great in the beginning. I was processing and underwriting his loans. But then he started not doing his job and playing golf a lot and going out for long lunches. The office got slower so I was laid off.
Just the perspective of some but not all employees
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LA 71111April 3, 2018
As a whole, BXS is a good company to work. Great benefits, flexible hours, and you get plenty of paid time off. The reason I rated it the way I did is because they have a problem with getting rid of or reprimanding problem employees. There are managers that are more concerned with Words With Friends or new romantic relationships than they are their jobs. When something happens in their branches, they throw fits about how they need to know everything that's going on. In addition to that, people in this area feel as though there is no one they cam turn to when they have personnel issues because everyone is so close. Nothing is anonymous and many managers have absolutely no problems with talking about someone to another manager with no discretion. It also not a great environment for minorities. There aren't many and they come very few and far between. It's like a boys club. The people who are truly valued are white men.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule, ease of job
Cons
Lack of management, lack of leadership, lack of training, lack of follow through
good
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 6, 2018
good
would reccommned
fast past
great managers
cross training

this is ridiculous that it makes you write a certain amount in this box. This is exactly why people dont give reviews.
Not much room for growth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Louisville, MSFebruary 6, 2018
There was not a lot of room for growth, if I wanted to grow with the company I needed to move to a different city. Our busy days were the 1st, 3rd, and 15th of the month and of course on Fridays. It was a job which was what I needed at the time.
Decent place to work but not a great place for a career
Mortgage employee (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 19, 2017
great people to work with on a daily basis but tenured employees do not seem to be appreciated. You will be more likely to advance if you know someone to pull strings rather than based on work performance. Do not believe in taking care of their employees unless they make them money in a big way.
Pros
great co workers and benefits with great hours
Cons
not invested in their employees
enjoyed working with the public
BANK TELLER/VAULT CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working this part time position. I like helping people with their banking needs. Its a good feeling when people begin to trust you and want you to help them.
Pros
working with the public
Great Hours
Teller (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 28, 2017
The hours are great and the jobs are easy to learn. The benefits are great as well. But with recent advancement in technology the branch often remains pretty slow. I am looking for work in a faster paced environment.
Pros
Benefits, 1 hour lunch, Schedule
Cons
Slow pace, Need higher salaries
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALOctober 16, 2017
this was a great place to work. everyone there was super nice. breaks and lunchs were awesome. hours were very good especially for someone with children.
Pros
good hours
Cons
sometimes slow paced
a good place to work except that they try to get more work done with fewer employees
Lead Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job working in the imaging dept. The main problem I had was with the promotion process of the bank in that people seemed to be promoted on a seniority basis alone instead of on an experience level.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
promotions seem to be based more on seniority than experience