Bancroft Employee Reviews

May Return Home To Come Back
Day Program Senior Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 21, 2018
The best place to work in this field. I appreciated this place so much more once I relocated to FL. No job like this who cares for both individuals AND staff.
The most life-fulfilling experience of my life
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 19, 2018
Working at bancroft has provided me with an opportunity to make an impact in the life of those that are either looking for a second chance or the first chance due to unfavorable life circumstances. It has been a challenging, eye-opening, growing and fulfilling experience for me. Through Bancroft tuition assistance, I obtained both my bachelor and Master's degree. This place has been more than just a job, it has been one of a kind moment in my life.
Pros
Fulfilling and rewarding
Cons
Long commute. Short vacation
Residential
Advanced ABA Associate, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 25, 2018
This is okay place to work. It is like any other residential center. If you've worked in residential you know what to expect. education is supported here.
An organization that truly cares
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2018
This is the type of job that no matter what you will go home and be thankful for the life you have and know that you are making an impact. You truly have the opportunity to see how the little things make a big difference, and after working so hard to see the breakthrough makes all the hard days worth it. They offer tuition discounts and repayment towards your student loans if you work in certain programs. They also have a fully paid masters program for ABA with Rider University. If you are ambitious and truly want to advance your career, Bancroft will provide you with a path.
Pros
Tuition assistance, benefits, Paid Time Off
Cons
hard work and requires a lot of patience to work in program
Fun to work because of the clients
program associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstown, NJMay 4, 2018
Nice play to work. staff was sweet and clients definitely made it interesting. Management at the time could have been better and communication through staff could have been better as well
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lack of communication
good company
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 26, 2018
Foreman was fair and stern

The pay is awesome

The team players were great

Very strict rules

Policy driven

Down time was good but busy time was real
Provide care for those in need
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJApril 26, 2018
-Seeing the smile and joy on the people served
-When the people served are going through rough days and you have to help/give them space to get through it
-Communication is key but at times is lacking
-Schedule is up to you but be mindful of required working weekly hours
-Hygiene, Medical, and Emotional support are to be provided for the people served
Pros
Outings to movies, restaurants, company-wide recreational events (free), Providing care to those in need, Creating a difference to a population
Cons
Difficult work days, Frustrating co-workers, Lack of communication and organization, Long hours
Good Company
One to One Staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 19, 2018
But no day pay off, I really want to advance in my career...The work with the kids a enjoy it, but some stuff like benefits are not enough. I wish to find a job with better pay.
Pros
Better installations recently...
Cons
no days pays off
worst place to ever work
CRSA (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMarch 30, 2018
the managers are rude and uneducated.
staff are the worst!!!!!
they don't pay their staff
give out gift cards and not pay increase
they favor some staff and allow them to get away with things that should not be happening.
Pros
all bad
Cons
all bad
Upper management did not listen.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 27, 2018
Upper management was only negative with staff. They did not want any input from staff. Did not want to offer career opportunities for program associates. The company must improve program associate training.
Pros
Work Schedule.
Cons
Supervision was bias toward certain program managers.
Great Company
Program Associate (CRSA) (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJMarch 21, 2018
Bancroft is a company that's been around for years. The have group homes and schools in PA, NJ and DE that provide care for adults and children who have mental and behavioral disabilities.
Great experience, low compensation
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 17, 2018
The Bancroft campus is a wonderful stepping stone for those motivated to advance their career in a community of children/adolescents with autism and developmental disabilities. However, the staff that stick around are the ones dedicated to the people we serve. The compensation is low for the work we do. Laundry, cooking, cleaning up excrement/urine/vomit, organizing inexpensive/free activities, keeping high intensity individuals safe, working with stubborn or lazy staff, and undergoing a lot of emotional labor is up to us. However, the job can be fulfilling. The best part of the job is seeing the persons served happy or watching them do a new skill independently. The hardest part is having less than adequate support and an incredibly low pay. I've learned patience (not only with the kids, but with the staff) and I'm desensitized to things that seem gross or shocking. Another con is that some people I work with are unprofessional. If you're a humble person, you'll see the value of our work is priceless. You can take advantage of the great opportunities for overtime and moving up. Keeping a positive attitude and strong work ethic are imperative at Bancroft. If you can do that, you'll go far here.
Pros
Opportunities for personal growth
Cons
Coworkers, low pay
great place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJMarch 13, 2018
It's fast-paced most days. Schedules are great and over -time is easy to get. You can learn a lot in a short amount of time. Advancement is available to everyone willing to put in the time.
Needs Improvement
Senior Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I was an employee there for 3 years. I was able to move up pretty quickly, which was good seeing as the experience and care I had for the individuals. Working for Bancroft, there is a high risk of getting injured on the job. I was injured multiple times by the individuals, and proper corrected action was not taken. Many staff were injured at the job and not given proper treatment for there injuries. This place is great for experience dealing with autistic individuals with high intensity behaviors, but it is not easy work. As a staff, you need to understand that this is not the place to just sit around and "make money." As a staff, you need to make sure you are caring for the individuals served, as far as daily assisted living tasks, outings, goals, and following behavior plans properly. If you can manage the different types of intense behaviors on a regular basis, then this job is for you, but remind yourself that you are at high risk for injury.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your dedication to the individuals we serve for over three years! Staff safety and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. If you would like to share any additional information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Bancroft experience
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of helping the intellectually challenged with their day to day routine. This consist of cooking for them, cleaning for them, bathing/helping them, and occasionally restraining them. Working at Bancroft I've learned to be quicker on my feet, how to plan and understand people better, I've also learned patience and how to speak to people. Working at Bancroft was good The hardest part of the job was the occasional restraint because you had to pin someone down. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with the people in which I was helping.
March 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! As an organization, we believe in helping our employees reach their potential and supporting their career development. If you have any additional experiences and feedback you would like to share, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Fun relaxed work place.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 27, 2018
The kitchen is one of the cleanest one I've ever worked in. Kitchen staff is friendly and helpful. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work here. It's actually a fun place to come to great benefits . I can see myself retiring from here.
Pros
Great coworkers, Great Management, Job Security, Good start pay
Cons
Working weekends.
March 7, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and the role you play in supporting the individuals we serve!

Rewarding work, great coworkers
Sr. Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 14, 2018
I’m really able to help persons served, and coworkers help each other’s. Good opportunities for promotions. Good PTO and other benefits. Nice place to work.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Not sure
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your review and your time at Bancroft! We appreciate your feedback!

Back-breaking, Dishonest, Sweat shop
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 10, 2018
The consumer community they serve are well taken care of in some areas. Staff is not always available to give proper care all the time when employee census is very low; turn-over very high. Employees that work in direct care are treated horribly by management. The pay rate is less than $15 per hour, even with a degree. Direct care workers are physically beat on daily by disabled and special needs residents and day care consumers. All non-management employees are scheduled to work on major holidays in group homes, even when they are not hired or equipped to do so. Management does not hold themselves accountable when they are dishonest. Human resources does not look out for the best interest of any employees.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No lunch, No breaks, Daily Physical Assault by Consumers, Dishonest Management
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take the concerns of our employees very seriously and have an open door policy that encourages employees to raise issues at any time so they can be investigated and addressed. In addition, our organization is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the individuals we serve. If you are willing to share any specific feedback, please email hr@bancroft.org.

typical day
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 28, 2017
The fact that the majority of the classes do not help in a crisis situation is unsettling. I also do not like the point system that even if you have a doctors note you are still penalized for calling out.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. Staff training and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. If you would like to share any additional information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Rewarding seeing the clients progress and success, huge company, networking is a must to advance
Senior In Charge (Program Manager Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 25, 2017
Bancroft overall is a good program as far as the structure of each program. The direct care staff does not get enough recognition and pay increase for what they do. However Bancroft is working on making the company a better place for the Person's we served and staff.
Pros
Discounts in stores, apartment complex, phones and ect
Cons
pay rate for direct care staff is low, advancement depends on who you know and burn out
March 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! We have shared your feedback as part of our efforts to continuously improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bancroft. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight