Bancroft Employee Reviews

worst place to ever work
CRSA (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMarch 30, 2018
the managers are rude and uneducated.
staff are the worst!!!!!
they don't pay their staff
give out gift cards and not pay increase
they favor some staff and allow them to get away with things that should not be happening.
Pros
all bad
Cons
all bad
Upper management did not listen.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 27, 2018
Upper management was only negative with staff. They did not want any input from staff. Did not want to offer career opportunities for program associates. The company must improve program associate training.
Pros
Work Schedule.
Cons
Supervision was bias toward certain program managers.
Great Company
Program Associate (CRSA) (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJMarch 21, 2018
Bancroft is a company that's been around for years. The have group homes and schools in PA, NJ and DE that provide care for adults and children who have mental and behavioral disabilities.
Great experience, low compensation
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 17, 2018
The Bancroft campus is a wonderful stepping stone for those motivated to advance their career in a community of children/adolescents with autism and developmental disabilities. However, the staff that stick around are the ones dedicated to the people we serve. The compensation is low for the work we do. Laundry, cooking, cleaning up excrement/urine/vomit, organizing inexpensive/free activities, keeping high intensity individuals safe, working with stubborn or lazy staff, and undergoing a lot of emotional labor is up to us. However, the job can be fulfilling. The best part of the job is seeing the persons served happy or watching them do a new skill independently. The hardest part is having less than adequate support and an incredibly low pay. I've learned patience (not only with the kids, but with the staff) and I'm desensitized to things that seem gross or shocking. Another con is that some people I work with are unprofessional. If you're a humble person, you'll see the value of our work is priceless. You can take advantage of the great opportunities for overtime and moving up. Keeping a positive attitude and strong work ethic are imperative at Bancroft. If you can do that, you'll go far here.
Pros
Opportunities for personal growth
Cons
Coworkers, low pay
great place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJMarch 13, 2018
It's fast-paced most days. Schedules are great and over -time is easy to get. You can learn a lot in a short amount of time. Advancement is available to everyone willing to put in the time.
Needs Improvement
Senior Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I was an employee there for 3 years. I was able to move up pretty quickly, which was good seeing as the experience and care I had for the individuals. Working for Bancroft, there is a high risk of getting injured on the job. I was injured multiple times by the individuals, and proper corrected action was not taken. Many staff were injured at the job and not given proper treatment for there injuries. This place is great for experience dealing with autistic individuals with high intensity behaviors, but it is not easy work. As a staff, you need to understand that this is not the place to just sit around and "make money." As a staff, you need to make sure you are caring for the individuals served, as far as daily assisted living tasks, outings, goals, and following behavior plans properly. If you can manage the different types of intense behaviors on a regular basis, then this job is for you, but remind yourself that you are at high risk for injury.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your dedication to the individuals we serve for over three years! Staff safety and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. If you would like to share any additional information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Bancroft experience
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of helping the intellectually challenged with their day to day routine. This consist of cooking for them, cleaning for them, bathing/helping them, and occasionally restraining them. Working at Bancroft I've learned to be quicker on my feet, how to plan and understand people better, I've also learned patience and how to speak to people. Working at Bancroft was good The hardest part of the job was the occasional restraint because you had to pin someone down. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with the people in which I was helping.
March 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! As an organization, we believe in helping our employees reach their potential and supporting their career development. If you have any additional experiences and feedback you would like to share, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Fun relaxed work place.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 27, 2018
The kitchen is one of the cleanest one I've ever worked in. Kitchen staff is friendly and helpful. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work here. It's actually a fun place to come to great benefits . I can see myself retiring from here.
Pros
Great coworkers, Great Management, Job Security, Good start pay
Cons
Working weekends.
March 7, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and the role you play in supporting the individuals we serve!

Rewarding work, great coworkers
Sr. Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 14, 2018
I’m really able to help persons served, and coworkers help each other’s. Good opportunities for promotions. Good PTO and other benefits. Nice place to work.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Not sure
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your review and your time at Bancroft! We appreciate your feedback!

Back-breaking, Dishonest, Sweat shop
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 10, 2018
The consumer community they serve are well taken care of in some areas. Staff is not always available to give proper care all the time when employee census is very low; turn-over very high. Employees that work in direct care are treated horribly by management. The pay rate is less than $15 per hour, even with a degree. Direct care workers are physically beat on daily by disabled and special needs residents and day care consumers. All non-management employees are scheduled to work on major holidays in group homes, even when they are not hired or equipped to do so. Management does not hold themselves accountable when they are dishonest. Human resources does not look out for the best interest of any employees.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No lunch, No breaks, Daily Physical Assault by Consumers, Dishonest Management
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take the concerns of our employees very seriously and have an open door policy that encourages employees to raise issues at any time so they can be investigated and addressed. In addition, our organization is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the individuals we serve. If you are willing to share any specific feedback, please email hr@bancroft.org.

typical day
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 28, 2017
The fact that the majority of the classes do not help in a crisis situation is unsettling. I also do not like the point system that even if you have a doctors note you are still penalized for calling out.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. Staff training and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. If you would like to share any additional information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Rewarding seeing the clients progress and success, huge company, networking is a must to advance
Senior In Charge (Program Manager Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 25, 2017
Bancroft overall is a good program as far as the structure of each program. The direct care staff does not get enough recognition and pay increase for what they do. However Bancroft is working on making the company a better place for the Person's we served and staff.
Pros
Discounts in stores, apartment complex, phones and ect
Cons
pay rate for direct care staff is low, advancement depends on who you know and burn out
March 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! We have shared your feedback as part of our efforts to continuously improve.

Great clients horrible management
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJNovember 19, 2017
Don't treat the clientele with respect or honor. most Co workers are lazy and unwelcoming to new employees. Most coworkers were uneducated and disrespectful. Management unaware of the unruliness of their employees and if they became aware - nothing ever done to correct problems.
Pros
Liked working with the disabled
Cons
Co workers and management
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take the concerns of our employees very seriously and have an open door policy that encourages employees to raise issues at any time so they can be investigated and addressed. In addition, our organization is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the individuals we serve. If you are willing to share any specific feedback, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Productive, Home Setting
Senior Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 7, 2017
Accompanied clients on doctor appointments, clothes shopping, administering medications in a prompt and efficient manner, completed documentation efficiently that involve behaviors along with actually caring for the clients, has its' rewards and disadvantages. The work is not difficult however it takes a strong person to work with this population.
Although Bancroft is a wonderful company to work for unfortunelty I have learned all that I could and am ready for advancement in my career.
Pros
Flexible schedule, No micromanagement, Always overtime available
Cons
Little pay for the workload
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate and hear your feedback.

Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 13, 2017
The management was miserable and not understanding. She did not help when it was time to use PTO and she did not understand all tasks couldn't get done some days because their were more important things to assist with.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and hear your feedback. If you would like to share any more specific information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

Committment
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 10, 2017
Working at Bancroft has its rewards. In my opinion, most people that work for Bancroft are devoted and love working for the company. Bancroft has compassionate , devoted workers who make the atmosphere at Bancroft pleasant for the persons served.
nice place to work get your feet in the door
SENIOR Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2017
I've had a good experience with Bancroft. only been here 1 year and got a 2 dollar raise some where you can get your feet in and get the experience needed .
Do not apply stay away
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 25, 2017
They don't care about you or your health at all , their inconsiderate, mean and really disrespectful. One of the worst places to work! Do not waste your time they will lie to you and deceive you.
Bancroft
Senior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJSeptember 17, 2017
See , @ Bancroft , they have lack of staff , professional abilities , the staff hurt the individuals , it's just a hot mess. honestly , it's nothing but highschool and the staff there don't really care about the individuals. Leadership do NOT train you properly for the behaviors some of the individuals have. the hours are weak. the pay is even weaker. don't play yourself applying for this place. and that's at any location - PA , jersey and Delaware. it's all a set up. Not professional at all.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. The health, safety and happiness of the individuals we serve is our highest priority and we take your review seriously. I encourage you to contact us at hrsupport@bancroft.org to provide additional details so we can investigate the concerns you've raised.

Lindens can be mentally taxing
ABA Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJSeptember 12, 2017
Good environment but it can be very extensive work for little pay. The behaviors are intense and they do not initially warn you of the dangers of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bancroft. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight