Banfield Pet Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,440 reviews matching the search See all 1,443 reviews
Work
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 20, 2018
This job does have a lot of room for learning new things and growing. It does not have as much room for advancement in roles. But I have developed a passion for this.
It sucked
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
This company is always speaking of how much money can be made instead of how can we help our clients. It is very sad to see a company be more concerned about how much time is being spent with a client and not the quality of care. I was always being rushed while an animal was under anesthesia. In total I worked for the company for 2 yr and 6mo. I would not recommend that anyone work there.
Compassionate
Client Service Coordination and Vet Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2018
It is wonderful to work in a place where you feel you are making a difference in the life of pets and their families and helping pets.
The team connection is strong and everyone is very compassionate and loving towards the animals and clients.
The hardest part of the job is the emotional and physical strain.
It is a high stress environment and not for the squeamish.
It can get dirty.
There is lots of room for on the job training and advancement.
If it weren't for my allergies developing into asthma and the strain that does to my health I would probably be staying in the field.
Busy busy, Small clinic for a big team
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJuly 18, 2018
Overall a great place to work, i wouldnt have the experiences I get here at any other clinic. The docotrs take on amazing cases, and i learned a lot in a little time. But the only downside is it's a small space for a team of 30+ people, way too tight.
Pros
Wellness plans for your pets
Cons
Minimal work/life balance, no overtime
Banfield Pet Hosiptal
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 17, 2018
Banfield is a great company to work for, I learned what it takes to care for your animals. I learned to read labs, how to assist with surgery, how to perform an x-ray.
Great team and atmosphere
Veterinary assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 16, 2018
I loved the quick pace of being a veterinary assistant and also working with animals. My team was helpful and encouraging. I wish there was a Banfield in Northwest Arkansas!
Great place to work given the right hospital
Veterinary Assistant and Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Mantua, NJJuly 16, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Banfield. I never saw myself leaving but given unforeseen circumstances I have. I will continue to bring my pets to what was my hospital and recommend others do the same. Even in a corporation every hospital is different, you just need to end up in the right place.
Pros
Dedicated and caring employees, great benefits all around, generous PTO, security of having sister hospitals.
Cons
Open 7 days a week, Hours range between 7a-7p. Time off not always respected in certain roles.
It's fast pace, but you are left alone with little to no help.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAJuly 13, 2018
The back and front of the office has no communication what so ever. Several vets are rude and it's like pulling teeth to get an answer from a tech for the client. Just a small group that doesn't want to help or let others in.
Pros
1 hours lunch, paid time off.
Cons
Rude staff, can't get a break to use the rest room, ignored or talked down to.
Good to get experience in the industry
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 13, 2018
Everything felt very "cookie cutter". Not much room for veterinarians to be innovative. Banfield is basically the Kaiser of animal medicine. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on your opinion.
busy environment, not always enough staff
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COJuly 12, 2018
Almost always busy, learned how to better draw blood, great team to work with. Hardest part of the job was euthanasia. Most enjoyable part of the job was having a great team to work with.
Great challenging environment that provides growth professionally
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 11, 2018
If you are a person who likes challenge this may be for you. No two days are the same. You have a ton of support from the company if you reach out when needed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Slow moving decisions
Has changed so much
Veterinary Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCJuly 11, 2018
As a manager, the days were long and hectic. There was an unreasonable expectation of things to accomplish, and not enough time allotted to complete it.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company culture, however, not followed at the hospital level by upper management
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 9, 2018
Great associates but all are over worked and under paid at the hospital level. Hospital associates do not have the same advantages as those working at the headquarters.
There is a great disconnect between the two.
Pros
Excellent benefits and discounts.
Cons
unrealistic expectations with amount of staffing.
No work/life balance, corporate sucks
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 9, 2018
You can’t have a live while working for Banfield. Banfield is all about the money and they constantly push the stupid wellness plans over on the owners. Corporate runs Banfield and corporate is never a good thing.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no work/life balance, stressful environment
Hospital pet numbers
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 8, 2018
The focus of the company is to see as many pets as possible to make a profitable revenue. This overwhelms the Dr, and the staff which results in poor quality and hostile work environments.
Pros
Opportunity Advancement
Cons
Overworked staff, poor scheduling
Banfield
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GA 30096July 6, 2018
I love working at Banfield because of what I am able to do for pets and owners. I have made many friends there. However, the environment is sometimes hostile and management has favorites.
Mistrust
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 6, 2018
This company trusts their employees as far as they can throw them. Any step out of line and you are berated as to why you're not doing your job and how it should be done and why aren't you doing it yet.
Can be great if you work with a great team
Vet Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
My team is awesome, so I have no complaints about my hospital. I learn something new every day from the pets and my coworkers. My only big complaint is corporate cutting hours and not giving part timers a lot to work with.
Pros
Great place to learn, hour lunches
Cons
Not a lot of hours for part timers
Hospital Team is a hit or miss
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 5, 2018
I've worked several roles at several different hospital locations, and the biggest key is the hospital team when working for this company. Some locations have a great team that works well and willing to help and work as a TEAM. Then there are some locations where there is no team effort and in the environment, it makes the work day hard and nearly impossible. Also the practice manager is a big weight on that team effort, I have had some GREAT PM and also some sh*tty ones also. If you're able to find a team that works well, it's a fun environment with great opportunities to move around the practice. I started as a CSC and worked my way to VA, wanted to move up to PM but changed career paths.

Lastly although the veterinarians are technically not your boss, they have a huge impact on your environment at work. If they suck, work that day will suck and be stressful. If they're awesome, everything is awesome (cue the Lego movie theme). I've worked with both, i've seen people quit because of sucky vets and that's a bummer. Upper management needs to work on checking up the vets are much as they do the rest of the team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Small teams means less flexibility in scheduling
Awesome job
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 4, 2018
Banfield was honestly one of the best jobs I've ever had. As most veterinary practices are this place is fast paced and the employees are honestly amazing. They are willing to train you and improve your veterinary knowledge. Every day is not the same. New patients come in and emergencies (as expected) happen. At my Banfield, my team and I have huddles everyday to better improve ourselves and although at times it can be inconvenient, it helps. It shows the company actually cares and I always feared going into a veterinary clinic or hospital where staff do not really care for their patients and I scored a jackpot here. The benefits are great as well. My Rocky gets an OWP that covers proactive preventive care along with dental cleaning, spay and neuter. I am hoping to move up in this company and one day become a Veterinarian here. I have so much more to learn and so much more to experience here and I don't think one description would even describe how working here is. There are good days and bad days (as in every job in the world) but the team I have works as a team and I love it. If veterinary practice is your dream, apply apply apply.
Pros
Animals! Animal Lovers! Veterinary knowledge development
Cons
Long hours, no set schedule, some animals bite and scratch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banfield Pet Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight