Bangor Daily News Careers and Employment
You’re seeing all 5 jobs at Bangor Daily News because we can’t find any available jobs at Bangor Daily News close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Pro: good pay for the area. Con: Working nights, hard on your vehicle, driving in snow storms to deliver and having no sub made it hard to get time off.
You have to pay for everything including the bags they want you to put their newspapers in. They don't compensate any milage. Your car will constantly need repair because of the ridiculous roads they have you drive on. Very rarely do you get tired but you are expected to put the paper exactly where the consumer wants it. That will include you getting out of your car multiple times because people are lazy.
A good place to work overall, pay is better than most other equivalents in Maine (although the health care is very expensive). Still, good opportunities to move up within the company.
This was my big break, but not my first job. I’ve had so many, but this was by far the best company I ever worked for. I left because I moved from Maine to New Mexico to be closer to family, but I wish I could have brought the whole company with me.
no support no follow through from management will not give pay subs when asked many, many times will not help work with difficult customers will not back employees with difficult customers
What would you say about your employer?
Insights from 17 Indeed users who have interviewed with Bangor Daily News within the last 5 years.
What do you want for salary?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- Bangor Daily News