Bangor Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Stay Far Away
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 3, 2019
Stay far away, they love to talk about "culture" but the only culture that exists is one of backstabbing, gossip, and senior management taking advantage of everyone else.
Great Company
Electronic and Corporate Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 31, 2019
I left Bangor Savings Bank for a new job, but I would highly recommend the bank to anyone. The leadership is strong at the bank and the operational aptitude is excellent!
Good company with no way to move up
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 3, 2019
This company is great and really appreciates their employees but management needs additional training as they constantly do things that are against the Bangor savings “culture”.
Pros
No breaks, good pay, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Current culture different than past culture
AVP (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 1, 2019
This company was a wonderful place to work. Over time, with management changes, made the culture not as positive as it once was. More emphasis on growth over service. Employee loyalty,experience and years of service is not recognized as an asset and service is not put above growth making current goals of company not as attractive of a place to work for service oriented employees
Pros
Good benefits. Good pay
Cons
Poor development or overview of managers
Good Company
Mortgage Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEDecember 25, 2018
Good time spend there. very flexible hours. great work environment. always felt like they were extremely invested in my growth potential and truly cared about me
Pros
great leaders
Cons
not enough money
JD Power and Associates wins X3 says it all
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEAugust 22, 2018
I love working for this company, the culture is accepting and understanding. One huge thing I LOVE about BSB is how dedicated they are to their employees. You don't find that sort of dedication everywhere.
You DONT Matter more!
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 20, 2018
UW department had a culture of talking behind everyone else's back, including Manager. NOT what they want everyone outside the bank to believe. They previously had issues and had a mass exodus in UW/processing because management had people skill issues...still exists.
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, MEAugust 3, 2018
The benefits are beyond amazing! Everyone is happy because they are well treated and they're all about the community. Their training regimen is fun; they pay for your hotel stay, food & gas and even travel time!
Long time ago
Escrow Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 18, 2018
I worked at Bangor Savings Bank almost 20 years ago. The pay and advancement opportunities at that time were pretty much non - existant. I believe that they have changed now though.
Customer focused company
CX and Product Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 7, 2018
Customer focused company, great management, great benefits. They will have a new beautiful office on the riverside opening soon. Enjoyed having an internships with BSB in 2017.
They provided a great life for me and my children
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bangor MeJune 12, 2018
I had a great career there I do feel the HR Director at that time cheated me out of my pension by suggesting I get done. I wasn't realy ready to leave and I felt a little discriminated against
Pros
great group of fellow workers
Cons
I feel like the personal director kept me from receiving my pension
Customer Service Specialist, Teller & Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 18, 2018
Bangor is a great company to work for. They have benefits for those 30 hours or over. Plenty of ability to grow within the company. Wonderful management and employees.
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Healthcare, wage
A wonderful company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 1, 2018
This job certainly has its challenges - there are a lot of complex details that you have to understand because consumer banking is so heavily regulated by law. The company culture is great, and they do active work in the community to help people.
Bank Teller
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Bucksport, MESeptember 29, 2017
Being a bank teller was harder than I thought it would be. We received good training and continued to get training. I loved working for this company. The only problem I had at the time of my employment there was that the pay was low, it has since been raised and I was only part time.
Loan Services
Consumer Loan Servicing Specialist I, II (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 29, 2017
Work on the all the different loans in the banks portfolio. I have learned how to multitask in a fast paced environment. This job has been a great intro into my professional career.
Summer Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Bucksport, MEAugust 18, 2017
My Co-workers were fun and helpful an always willing to teach me new things daily. I was well informed on products and services so that I could inform customers about them. I absolutely loved working here. It's voted one of the best places to work in Maine and I can definitely tell why!
Pros
Good Hours, Paid time off, Friendly co-workers
Overall great company
Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 15, 2017
Bangor Savings Bank is a wonderful employer. Unfortunately, the department I worked in was very unorganized and had poor management. Otherwise, the job was wonderful.
Pros
I learned a lot about investments and trust management
Cons
Poor management and unorganized systems
Good company, bad manager
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 27, 2017
Bangor Savings Bank treats their employees very well as far as compensation and benefits. They care about who is working for them. However, the branch manager I worked under did not help at all, she always passed work off to other people, she never took initiative to fix any problems, and lied to the employees a lot. If it weren't for this manager, I would definitely still work there!
One of the best places to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 23, 2016
Bangor Savings is an ideal place to work. I have yet to find something I don't like about it. The people I have met throughout the company, have all been wonderful. Bangor Savings cares about all of their employees.
Pros
Pay, work/life balance, benefits
Poor Hiring Structure
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 13, 2016
This company uses a 3rd party screening software to hire candidates. This explains why they just cant seem to find the right people for the job. They have the same jobs advertised over, and over, and over. Even if your qualified if you dont use the exact words the screening software is looking for. Good Luck! Nice to work if you can get it! And by the way dont be over 25
Pros
Co-Workers, Pay
Cons
Human Resources-Recruiting-Screening