Bank Independent Employee Reviews

dont do it
Teller (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALNovember 16, 2017
Would not recommend working here. They do not care about their employees. They make you work pretty much every Saturday and late nights, especially if you arent one of the "favorites". Extreme favortism. Very hard to move up from teller. Branch managers generally suck.
Best job I have ever had
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 1, 2017
I work as a software developer for Bank Independent. We support Interstate Billing Service and it is a joy to go to work every day. The work is challenging but not excessive. Everyone treats you like family. The benefits are excellent, the technology is top-notch, and the management team is wonderful. The ownership and leadership of the bank look to experts for advice and listen to their employees.

I never plan on leaving this wonderful company.
Pros
Everything. Especially benefits and pay.
Best Job Ever!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 18, 2017
Bank Independent is an amazing company to work for! The pay, hours, and benefits are wonderful and there are always opportunities for employee growth and promotions.They are very flexible when working with employee schedules, especially college students. Employees are friendly and helpful. Bank Independent truly cares for each and every one of their employees.Working at this bank has been by far one of my best working experiences.
I loved working for Bank Independent.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Bay, ALMay 18, 2017
Bank Independent was one of the most rewarding and challenging jobs I have ever had. They gave me flexible hours and considerable pay. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with their banking needs.
Pros
clean and stable working environment
Be prepared to stay in a place of constant politics and discrimination
Teller (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 11, 2017
It wasn't a good place to work. I dealt with constant gossiping and discrimination while working there. If you plan on advancing, be ready to kiss up to get there because you will not get it on good work ethic or educational background. I would not recommend working there to anyone.
It's an ok college job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALMarch 15, 2015
The hours are really long. Sometimes management doesn't understand that college students like to focus on college. They will work you so much you have to choose between college and work. It is a good job to get experience. Upper management is a lot more understanding about things than middle management.
Professional but minimum stress workplace
Item Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ALFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed all of my co-workers. We always worked as a team to finish the day. I learned team work is very important and that everyone learns at a different pace. Some need to be trained in different ways. The hardest part of the job was when we lost power, software or hardware failure because no matter what we had to stay and meet the deadlines that were the same if we started at 8:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. but those were also enjoyable days because of how everyone pulled together as a team to get the job done. I enjoyed any work day that I was scheduled to learn something new.
Pros
awesome people and interesting work
Cons
dress code was to strict
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AlApril 27, 2014
Handling customer transactions
* Deposits
* Cashing Checks
* transfers
* Loan Payments

The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers who were trying to commit fraud.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people everyday. I love interacting with others and I love cash handling. I want to pursue a career in the banking industry.
Great place to get your feet wet
Desktop Services Technician Level III (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, ALOctober 1, 2013
BI is a great place to start your career. They are very helpful with placing the "right person for the job". The only real downfall is pay rate. They don't pay any different for those with higher education. I've worked with the company for 7 years and still make less than some people without a college degree. The co-workers are great, and the community makes working here like working with family.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Pay rates
Great Bank
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ALSeptember 24, 2013
A cutting edge organization with great management. Good opportunities for advancement within organization.
Pros
great management
Billion Dollar Community Bank
Customer Service and Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 12, 2013
Excellent management and upper level executives. Challenging and forward thinking.
great people, great "bosses"
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ALJuly 29, 2013
At BI, you feel like part of a family. Your co-workers are your friends and your superiors are their to help you each step of the way. Nobody feels like a boss. Great place to work!
slow pace and i had to sit at a desk all day
account management (Former Employee) –  birmingham al,January 16, 2013
a work day consist of answering calls and handling accounts for buisnesses
Pros
greats employee savings plan
Cons
was not active and everyday was a repeat of the day before

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Independent. Our community is ready to answer.