Bank OZK
63Average

Bank OZK Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews
Good place to work and great people don't get raises but maybe once a year. Lots of rules which is nice keeps things in order. Love alot of the customers.
N/a
I absolutely love working here. I love my co workers and management. Job and everything is fantastic! Everyone is so nice and respectful! They are very understanding
Lack Of Upward Mobility, Ok Benefits, Wages Do Not Meet Industry Standard
OZK offers ok Benefits to FT employees, almost no benefits for PT employees (5 vacation days/year, no holiday or sick pay). Upward Mobility almost impossible. If you are good at what you do, they will do whatever to make sure you don’t move up. If only they could see that the little people are a reflection of themselves as managers. They should want to mentor and see employees move up creating stronger teams and dedication to the company long term. You can be the perfect employee and it’s not good enough. Great entry level company, learn what you can, move on. OZK has the potential to be so much more, if only they trained and mentored the little people (who are the face of OZK retail).
Pros
Great entry level company
Cons
Not built for long term employment. Divide between management and front line people
I have worked for Bank OZK twice.
Working at Bank OZK is very exuberating, to say the least. This is a company that not only cares tremendously about their customers but they respect their employees just the same. The company is growing and becoming better with time!
Catty
Seems great at first. They don't want you to advance or succeed. Be careful after being there for a while, they will find a reason to can you with a smile on their face.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Horrible because of management
Horrible management - a lot of gossip & drama - do not properly train their agents - the managers are quite condescending - if you ask for extra training do not expect it to actually happen - expect too much from their agents - they do not appreciate their employees - managers can talk inappropriately to you, but will scold you for having a innocent conversation with a coworker when the que is empty
Stressful and solemn place to work
Management needs to be reevaluated, they are NOT team oriented, they allow for drama and other issues to go on. You can report harassment and nothing is done about it, HR will turn it around on you and make you feel as if it is your fault you are being harassed or are making it all up in your head.
Lots of cons
They should pay you for your performance & be fully staffed. No room for advancement within the Branches. Pay scale could be more competitive as well.
Thought job was great at first, but no room for contribution
Thought job was great at first, but no room for contribution. Senior management take any suggestion for improvement as a personal attack on their good old boy network.
Communication with upper management does not exist
Upper management does not talk to the employees unless they want to complain about things. There is no motivation because upper management doesn’t know how to motivate. They have favorites and if you are not one of them they don’t help you succeed at anything you do. You don’t feel appreciated.
Growing Bank with Major Issues
If you are working outside of Arkansas you will be better off. Don't recommend working for the HR department. Managers/department heads are micro managers.
Shady
Management will stab you in the back. Do not fairly compensate. Shady and cliquey. As a manager I was making the same as a data analyst clerk, who worked about 20 less hours a week than myself.
Bank ozk
I worked there for 3 years, but I didn’t feel like I had room to grow at that company, so I left for more career opportunities in which I found. I guess it depends on who you know and the department that you work in.
OK place to work...
A typical work day is mostly predictable. The job is simple enough, not hard to figure out. Personally feel like this is a good opportunity to gain experience in banking but advancement appears to be limited, depending on the branch. Culture here, particularly, can be described as sort of a herd-like mentality. Initially enjoyed working here but now it feels as if I hit a wall.
No work life bal /no benefit to officer title
They want to hire people with experience for the closing team but they dont want any input on their choppy process. They let the closing manager run the show like a mortgage processing bucket shop. It is all about how fast you can get loans out the door. Arrogant atmosphere and say they are type A personalities which is their way of justifying the abrasiveness. Plan on having no work life balance. Pay was ok.
Bank management cares to hear employees' concerns and input concerning technologies and work improvements. Good work environment, benefits, and good opportunity for advancement.
It’s a wonderful place to work!
Bank OZK is a wonderful place to work. My branch manager and co workers are awesome, they are always there to help me in any way possible. I love it there!
Great people. Good culture
Good job in AR, happy people love to work with them. Compensation could be higher but is good for the area. Managers I worked for were very receptive to feedback and fair with staff.
Bank Ozk
Great place to work but know that upward mobility is extremely limited. Culture is great, excellent leadership, training, and opportunity if you are a cut above the rest.
Bad management in coweta county
Very hostile work environment. Management is awful and upper management is oblivious because everyone is afraid to complain for fear of losing their job. If you do complain, your head is on the chopping block. There is absolutely NO loyalty to the employees....it doesn't matter how many years you've worked for them.them.
Only advance if you play along
i have managed to work there since january of 2018 and have made it a point to reel men in and make them work for me. My husband and i laugh and destroying this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything. especially finance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank OZK. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9