Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Started out as a great place to work.
Assistant Vice President, Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 11, 2018
I started with them in 2014. When I started my manager and co-workers were great. Fun sales environment. You were able to run your own show and deal with your customers as you sought. The money was really good both on deals and hardware. As time went one the company fell into a space of just pushing products and closing deals just to hit numbers. Leadership was put in position that had no clue. Commissions declined and environment became toxic. Literally saw a shift to where the customers were number one to where the were just numbers.
Challenging days
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 24, 2018
Onsite at clients location. Not only did I understand the companies requirements of myself but I got to understand my clients culture and their program.
too much work and not enough pay
Commercial Services Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2018
Too Much work and not enough pay. I am working 15-16 hours for less and less money. They are constantly changing our comp plan and making it harder and harder to succeed.
Pros
remote and my manager
Cons
too much work and not enough pay, rules change on a weekly basis
Abhorred
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
Absolutely abhorred working conditions. Management is belittling and manipulative to downright hostile. Scheduling appointments is frowned upon, and any sick days are used against you upon your return. You are frequently asked to do things above and beyond your position, including personal tasks for management (getting lunch, scheduling appointments, booking camp for kids, etc.). Turnover reflects reality.
great company to work for
AVP; Relationship Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great company to work for and grow from within. great training and reimbursement for expense so you do lose. Great support and managers and colleague there to help you when you need them.
Pros
great benefits
Rewarded
Business Banking Southeast National Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
I was always rewarded with the level of team and organizational success I felt after accomplishing a task or ask of leadership. Being in an executive role it allowed me to continue to develop the act of servanthood and placing others interests first and allowing associate, partners and clients to prosper based off of my actions.
crazy expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 13, 2018
.ok place to work but crazy expectations and no compensation. Good benefits. I learned things I was not comfortable with and how to manage customer expectations
Pros
job
Cons
crazy expectations
Good Mid-Career Job
MD (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2018
I took this job looking for a permanent place to work thru retirement, but found out quickly that loyalty and input are not qualities the company rewards. I am happy to have this job and it can be substantially rewarding at times, but they have cut the commissions in such a way that financial comfort without overachieving is impossible.
Typical Sales Churn Position
Assistant VP, Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 19, 2018
They hired me under the auspices that I would be given support enough to get my feet off the ground, and that was a flat lie. They just hire as many people as possible, throw you all to the wolves & see who survives. They also cheat customers & cut corners at every turn while instructing you to do the same.
Pros
Compensation is good if you can cut it
Cons
Bad management, bad training, minimal support, outdated & confusing technology, you have to sell your soul to do it
productive place to work
Mid Market Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Supported merchants with account inquiries regarding deposits, funding and statement issues.
• Investigated and resolved disputes on behalf of the merchants such as locating missing deposits and verification of undocumented fees.
Lack of leadership and direction
VP, Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 29, 2018
Management at this company have been promoted from within, many of the managers only have banking experience and little to no sales experience. The mission is to put the client first but all key indicators to pay are opposite of that mission.
Bank of America Merchant Services
VP, Regional Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 19, 2018
It's a great company trying to find itself. It's a joint venture between two companies which brings it's challenges. Two great companies, Bank of America is a great name in banking and was a great name to leverage with clients. First Data was the technical engine with great products. Two companies had different cultures which made it difficult at the JV.
Not a Long Term Career / Bilingual Preferred
AVP, Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 11, 2018
If you are a "favorite" by Management, you will be assigned high producing, high quality referral Financial Centers and Bank Partners. However, if you are not on the "favorite list", beware of your job security and income potential. Under 35 and Bilingual seem to be preferred. Base is low. Commission is fair. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. - Good Teamwork.
Pros
Continuing Training, Pleasant Team Atmosphere
Cons
Low Base Salary, Micromanagement, Favoritism
Exceptional.
Interim Lead/Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 21, 2018
Overall, a very well organize and fun place to work. In my opinion there is no hard part of job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with teammates.
Great Company
Leader (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Career path is available for those that perform at a high level. Pay for performance environment. Great leadership opportunity.
Great Company
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for. Work life balance was very poor. Clients expected you to answer calls at all hours of day because customer service call center was overwhelmed with calls. All else was satisfactory until company eliminated our department.
Pros
Great company great pay
Cons
Eliminates Sales departments at any moment
Not a happy company
Regional Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 23, 2018
typical day at work includes dealing with 2 arguing co-workers on my team of 3. completing Qaing of applications and completing emails with an out of date SLA. Defending desicions made with a application.
Pros
WFH when needed
Cons
extremely stressful atmosphere with lack of competent management
Managers are awful instructors
Asst VP Merchant Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2018
The manager had no idea how to close a deal or train staff. Most are into the reports and micro manage while threatening to performance manage you daily. The atmosphere is doggy dog and branches are not given out proportionally to make you successful. Alot of fraud going on there as top notch guys get credit for churning clients but get rewarded as top performers.
Pros
free lance
Cons
expensive leased equipment, management, bad work tools technology and poor systems always going down
relatively easy and interesting
AVP Business Consultant - Small Business (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
definitely a self starter job, easier if you know the industry, a lot of comp plan changes, not too much support for growth. earning potential was ok however that may have changed.
Great job
AVP, Merchant Services Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
My job at Bank of America Merchant Services was a home based job and I home office. I was assigned Bank of America banking centers in my living area to partner with. The bankers provided me business merchant service leads. My jog was to sign them up.
Pros
Freedom and Flexability
Cons
Long hours, but the compensation was worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America Merchant Services. Our community is ready to answer.