Bank Of America Employee Reviews

they give you a chance
Underwriter/Home Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2018
I like many of the people that worked with did not have any experience. I started as temporary worker and after 3 months I was hired full time. Promotions come easy as long as you prove yourself by working hard. Overall I enjoyed working there. Was laid off due to the mortgage meltdown.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Micro-managing
Lots of learning oppurtunities
Mortgage Servicing Team Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I was provided an environment where I was able to learn consistently and advance at a good pace. Including Agile and Waterfall. They also provide reimbursement for college!
Oversight
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIJanuary 19, 2018
Scheduled breaks, no bathroom breaks, constant breathing over your shoulder. constantly monitoring. Management changed almost once a month. Hard for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Bad management
na
Video Client Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2018
it was a good job, co workers are awesome,my manager was awesome. there is no job security, but it is a good paying job and the environment was great.
banking
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Bank of America was a great company to work for. Banking in my opinion is still retail sales. You must sell accounts and credit cards as part of your job.
Great First Job
Teller Operation Specialist/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Working for BOA was a great first "real job". It taught me many skills that I still use today while advancing my career. I loved working and building relationships with customers.
Great Company to work for.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 19, 2018
In my 15 years with the company, I worked with and along side great leaders and teams who were focused on both the customer and employees.

There were many opportunities for advancement as there were several lines of business within the call center.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities
Great Culture
VP, Retail Contact Center Group Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Bank of America provided a great culture for their employees. They provided efforts to becoming "the best company to work for" as well as took customer service and employee engagement very seriously.
depends not the department your in
Lead Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 19, 2018
I was in 3 different departments mortgage, practice solutions and deposit account services. I really liked and enjoyed the first 2 but DAS there is no room for growth, management is not good
Great Place to work for
Research & Adjustments Representative Level II (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Management was great. Always organized and provided proper training. Vacation time is plentiful. It is fast pace and they demand a lot from you but the benefits and compensation make up for it.
very nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
it is a very productive. The people there was very nice and the busisness was great.I wouldn't mind going back there. I met alot of great people there.
Pros
pay
Cons
lucch schedule
Bank Of America
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2018
BOA is a great place to work. My typical day was opening the facility and getting my and helping others if needed open and designate teller positions .I learned to be a even better team player due to the face paced nature of the BOA location and flow of clients. The hardest part of the job I would say was really digging in and learning how to efficiently learn almost everything more difficult transactions for insistence stocks, bonds and foreign currency this can bedifficult because you don't do thos types of transactions onn a daily bases it takes practice.The thing I miss the most about BOA are my regular customers I would see often.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Advanceement
Nice people, pleasant environment
Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Good benefits, pleasant work environment, nice and well-maintained facility. On-line courses are available on many different subjects for personal and professional development
Pros
On-site cafeteria, free parking
Cons
Lay offs
Corporate America
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a sales and service specialist, but once I was promoted I felt I was not ready for the position I took on. I felt I ws rushed into the promotion without appropriate training.
It was descent place to work
Business Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
It was a descent place to work, the company pays well and they have some good compensation programs and incentives. I don't agree with some of the managing styles .
Fun Place to work and productive
Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  orange caJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bank of America! As a new member to the banking field altogether I felt like it was fairly easy to learn the ropes. I was immediately placed as a Merchant teller right after training which made me feel pretty confident that they believed in my skills.
Bank of America is a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoy working at the call center. The day would pass quickly because the calls came back to back. Fair breaks and lunch time and a supportive team and managers that care. My favorite part of the job was being able to help the customers with their issues. The hard part was the hostile customers, but you cannot take their frustrations personal and when you are able to turn the call around it's a great feeling. Great incentives for doing your best and being a top performer.
Pros
Great team and managers
Cons
Hostile customers
Absolutely love it
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
I love jobs that I can be challenged in, this was definitely one of those jobs. It was quick paced, very stressful and sometimes very cut throat. However, the Team work in the Department i worked in was AMAZING! GREAT leaders, great co-workers, great environment. A lot of advancement opportunities.
Pros
An hour lunch break paid, great benefits, potential for growth, great enviroment
work environment
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 18, 2018
The work place was a different environment. Many in charged were more concerned with numbers than quality efficient work. It was hard to get the Team Leads assistance in handling problems. A lot of them really were not knowledgeable in handling mortgage problems. They came from a collection background
Productive work environment
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 18, 2018
A Typical day of work was 8 hr of productive work with focus of quality work that benefit the company. I learn how to read and prep documents that were correct and ready for execution. Great place to work, didn't want to be laid-off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.