Bank of America logo

Bank of America insights

Based on 3,711 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 4 reviews matching the search with 16 related reviews.See all 30,489 reviews

good in products

handling cash and transaction the correct way follow procedures to follow every transaction management varies by location enjoy working there because of regular customers

Excellent Opportunity

Excellent job opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Great benefits great management. Learned a lot about how to retail banking system works and how banks make decisions about credits , loans etc. work environment depends on what branch you are located and also is constantly changing with employees transferring and moving up

Great place to work at Bank of America in Ashburn, we learned a lot and continued to strive for customer excellence. I would definitely go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Review

Good benefits but management is not good. Company direction was not what I was expecting moving toward technology and less stuff regardless of traffic

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Jobs at Bank of America

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

16 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Fun environment until laid off

Work was very busy and challenging on a daily basis. The volume of loans to the process was large and things changed regularly. I learned a lot and the opportunity for advancement was available.

Pros

Fun, Challenging

Cons

No job security

This company is diverse and culture sensitive.

Great company to work for been here 14 years. All places and good and bad but the good out way the bad. Excellent benefits!! Great networking activities.

Financial Solution advisor also known as FSA

Bank of America will pay for you to go to Maryland or North Carolina for training. They will book you in a 5-star hotel and will provide you with free meals. They will even pay you per diem every day. In other words, you get free meals and per diem. The training lasts about 5-7 days. The trainers claim that Bank of America has the Best Training Program in the WORLD. In my opinion, it is below-average training. I asked other FSA what they think about the training and they said it was below average or average.Most people come out of training and cannot remember what the training was about. If you are a new FSA but worked in the bank of America as a relationship banker or held other positions in the Bank of America then you have an advantage. Furthermore, you may succeed as FSA because of that. But if you are a new FSA and never worked for Bank of America then I wish you good luck. It is a lot of work and pressure on the job. In other words, this is a high-pressure sales job. Most people cannot remember what the training was about. Every 2 hours or so there is a 20-30-minute break. I think the trainers want to finish their duties as soon as they can because they only have 6-7 days to do it Most people do not learn by just looking. Most people learn by doing. But trainers are more concerned with the visual process but not actual hands-on. Remember they have to go over so much stuff so hands-on experience takes time. Therefore, the visual process is faster. I think that is why most people are confused. The FSA computer crashes from time to time. You need -

Pros

401K, Insurance, Perks

Cons

Training and Job security

Excellent Opportunity

Excellent job opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Great skill builder, great benefits, management help you and always found some to help you

Solid place to work

If may not be the most exciting but they do make an effort to have events and lunch’s there are great people who work here and are extremely dedicated

Client centric focused on driving sustainanble growth responsibily.

Our company is driven by our client centric focused across all lines of business where employees are empowered to do the right thing for our clients and our company. The culture is diverse and inclusive, and every employee is set up for success through on going training, and on the spot coaching. We truly do focus on driving sustainable growth responsibly.

Great people and management

I had a great Sale's Manager but the monthly goals were extremely aggressive. Really enjoyed the technology and people I worked with but BOA runs a bit of a churn and burn operation.

Other than the additional expectations of having to stay late 3 days a week for calls and appointment setting, the job is straight forward and compensation is great.

Bank of America is a good place to work. It has great benefits and it is a great place to build your career. Also, you can find a job with stable positions.

Bad culture

Corporate feel and very much dictatorship. Management does not care about employees. Manager was actually trying to refuse time off to go to my own wedding. Sales Goals very unrealistic and Training almost Non Existent. Very Stressful.

n/a

I enjoy my job at Bank of America. The work culture is good. We have benefits that are better than my previous company. The pay is good. Management is pretty good too. The only constructive criticism is that they should hire more people.

Typical corporate setting

Sales goals are unrealistic for First-time Advisors. The development program is a mess. You will end up figuring everything out for yourself. Be prepared to cold call and attend pointless meetings. People are very friendly until you end up competing with them to get on teams. Be ready to sell your soul.

Perfect Place to Intern

Learned quite a bit and enjoyed a team environment A lot of pressure to include diversity and make the work environment pleasant There is no nepotism and every is treated equally

Not a place i liked to work

Unfortunately bank America does not want to do mortgage loans,but they have to, so they don't they do everything they can not to complete a loan. From my experience management was not focused on the client or the employee but always on the bottom line. There definitely is a balance between all 3 but not at BOA.

Great team and manager doesn't always get you ahead

Even with strong success, an awesome manager, and a great team, sometimes the environment restricts career advancement. Competition for the next level in intense, and only so many options exist beyond a manager role. Also, the lack of outreach programs involving financial literacy and teaching was disappointing as I love to do that and assist where I can.

Sales Driven and High Levels of Stress

A typical day consist of checking email and following up on client needs and making a sale. I've learned that everything is about numbers and meeting quota. Management is strong and goal driven, workplace is varied with strong sales objectives and professionally driven. Hardest part of the job is overcoming objection and making a difference. Most enjoyable is making a difference in people's lives and exceeding expectation.

Pros

Company wide recognition

Cons

Working with difficult clients making a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.4K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

54%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Bank of America with

Learn about Bank of America in Ashburn, VA

See Bank of America ratings, salaries, jobs in Ashburn, VA
  • Bank of America
  • Ashburn, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?