Bank Of America Employee Reviews

11K
Found 20,577 reviews matching the search See all 21,789 reviews
Always work to do.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 17, 2018
Bank of America is a very large organization. I learned that you had to know people within the organization in order to be promoted to a management position. The hardest part of working there was being placed in positions that you knew and management knew you were already qualified for. I was looking for challenging positions. I enjoyed working with my peers.
Pros
Working with my peers.
Cons
Some managers were under qualified.
fun, competitive and diverse
PERSONAL BANKER III (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 17, 2018
I loved the diversity and inclusion culture at BOA. Although stressful at times, especially during the financial crisis of 2007-2009, our teams were made of of hardworking and good people.
Sales oriented company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJuly 17, 2018
Bank of America can be a great company to work for depending on your direct manager. The company is big on sales, goal are pretty high and they do push you to get sales
Recommended
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great opportunities for advancement. Lots of networking events and many different positions. Layoffs are frequent but besides that overall good place to work.
Experience
Specialist-Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 16, 2018
Recent college graduates are encourage to seek opportunities. Excellent place to work for novice employees. Work life balance is great for positions that do not require 24x7 support.
Pros
work life balance.
Cons
compensation does not align with industry norms (education background and experience).
Great benefits! Good opportunities of advancement also!
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 16, 2018
Really good company to work for. Fantastic benefits as far as great insurance plans and 401k options! Going towards a digital way of banking which is taking the customer service aspect away from certain clients.
Overall Satisfied
Fraud Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Bank of America as a whole was a good company to work for. There is room to advance if you are willing to put in the effort. I would work for Bank of America again.
Learnt alot
SAS DI Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
The work life at BOA was brilliant and learnt alot from my managers and colleagues. It was quite a tough environment to work. But it get the best out of you.
A Good collaboration of knowledge and expertise within the group
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2018
I have my previous experience working with the same group while I was a full time employee with the bank. As my recent work as a contractor I felt the same collaboration of knowledge and expertise shared within the group. It was a good and enjoyable year and the project ended with a high mark.
Pros
working remotely is great!
Good to work there
client services advocate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 16, 2018
Good to work there. it was a friendly environment. room for advancement. great training to prepare for responsibilities. thankful for the opportunity to be apart of the team.
Fun people to work with. Had an excellent Manager.
Call Center Rep / Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 16, 2018
If you liked an atmosphere where you wasn't sure what type of phone call you would receive and liked wearing several hats a day at work then it was the job for you. I was placed in an escalated role which I didn't sign up for so the job went from bearable to stressful. But the company was good to it's employees.
Pros
Location was great.
Cons
Many irate people.
n/a
Account Manager Credit Card / Mortgage Collections (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 16, 2018
a wonderful place to work if i hadnt got laid off i would still be there. the sight closed down unfortunately . bonuses and great pay . daycare onsite.
Pros
great pay and bonuses
Cons
about 400 people on one floor
Productive and Rewarding
Independent Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 16, 2018
I was a Vice President at US Trust where I was responsible for the gathering and documentation as it related to the implementation of an Investment Policy System application. The was actively in contact with the third party development team, US Trust technology and internal clients
Pros
Was allowed to navigate freely within the working group which resulted in meeting our end goal
Bank of America
Team Manager- Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
A great place to work and grow in a career. A typical day in my position was always different. Being quick to adapt to change was a must and kept every day new and exciting. My management team was supportive and driven. The company truly values the client and employee experience.
Varied experience depending on the management
Senior Architect (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
Poor work culture in technical areas.
Most managers do not have technical skills and make decisions based on politics, dates, cost. Then want to blame technology when things go wrong.
Pros
Salray
Cons
Politices, favoritism.
Its a good company
Financial Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2018
I really don't have anything bad to say about the company, the only reason I left was that the commute became to long and you can only take the gridlock for so long.
Fun and fast-paced place to work
FULL-TIME TELLER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Bank of America. We had a tight-knit "family" of employees that were eager to learn and help in any way. I would definitely work here again if the opportunity arose.
Bakn of America
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 15, 2018
managed sales and services associates to accomplish bank objectives. Main activities included personnel development and coaching. Building the right team to achieve sales and service targets while remaining operationally/legally compliant. Learned how to Build rapport and relationships with clients to deepen our wallet share and build a referral base for future sales expansion. Manage expectations of clients and associates to help everyone achieve their goals. the workplace culture is that of dependability of each other in order to be successful. the hardest part of the job is asset management. the most enjoyable is tking care of customer's needs.
overall bank of america is a good company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 15, 2018
I loved working at Bank of Americaa, however the customer service side was not a good experience for me, 8 hours on the phone was not ideal for me, no breaks off the phone, pressure to get 9 & 10's on surverys . Management could care less about you. All about the numbers. Time off was based on a website. When i worked for the back offices at the bank it was wonderful, management wanted to see you succeed, work/life was good. i was in the back offices for 16 years and than they relocated and i chose to stay with promised on one job but of course that lasted 3 months and then on the phones i went. It was not a good experience for me. I was just a person in a chair.
Pros
good benefits, compensation
Cons
management was horrible, no breaks off phone, pressure with meeting quotas
Supervisor- Karenski Nolan (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2018
Bank of America cares about providing the best products for it,s clients. They constantly update their mobile banking and ATM features. Bank of America tries to make banking easy for customers.
Pros
Great Health Insurance and other benefits
Cons
Do not have enough full-time tellers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss