Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 21,694 reviews matching the search See all 22,948 reviews
Toxic, unrealistic sales goals and reprimands you for not hitting said goals
Relationship Banker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Redford, MINovember 11, 2018
If you were lucky enough to be with a good manager, you could survive. Mostly extremely stressful. constantly short staffed. Would give us sales goals, though we would get the applications, the goal itself counted when the applications were approved. This was rarely happening considering they had very conservative lending policies and didn't even educate us bankers on what those were. No change to really help the client. All about product pushing.
Pros
Bank Holidays
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals, stressful, management
good place to learn lots of new things
Liaison between Branch Personnel and Programmers (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2018
learning new policies and procedures, developing written documentation and training, teaching new and existing employees, learning computer systems and languages and using them to provide feedback to management, but constant travel while single parenting was too difficult for me and my daughter
Pros
helping folks learn new things and solve problems
Cons
too little time with my daughter
temporary
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2018
I was not at this company long enough to rate it fairly. The environment was comfortable, training was not long enough. The trainer did not assist once out on floor.
Not Bad
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 11, 2018
Great!!! If you're in the right departments, choose wisely, and be sure to network when you get in. Be sure to joins all of the clubs, and take advantage of the tuition reimbursement programs. Also utilize the toastmasters programs to help well round you. Good luck!
Pros
Benefits!!!
Cons
Choose Wisely
Very great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2018
wonderful, helpful, friendly, love this job, learned a lot, great management, willing to teach and grow, love my costumers and very big thank you to my team
I enjoyed my time with Bank of America
Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working in the cash vault. Very secure and time moved quickly because you in a face paced environment.You were able to listen to music while processing your deposit. Helped to make it a great day.
Loved my customers
senior teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2018
Loved my regular customers. I did opening and closing procedures. Balanced atms and helped out with audits. We had to do various reports for different transactions.
Great Place to work however...
Internal Recovery Services (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 9, 2018
Supervisors are usually not present when needed or required. No one will be at there assigned desks.
The company however tends to care about there employees health.
Very good company to work for
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 9, 2018
I had a great time working at BoA. Very good new technology to learn. A lot of great people to work with. The Load Balancing technology and configuration was a great learning experience.
Pros
People, technology, professionalism
Cons
Large Company with many layers
I was only in the training part of being a processor and got a job offer for a bank closer to home.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
I had to go to class every day for several weeks. We learned their policies an procedures. I really enjoyed learning this information and learning their system.
Pros
It was good to learn their processes.
Cons
Class was for several weeks.
Very busy work environment but it was for a sad reason...people losing thier homes
Admin Asst II - Mortgage Service & Ops (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 9, 2018
Typical day: I supported over 100 associates and was very busy all the time. The day went by quickly.
I learned about the mortgage industry/Deed in lieu/Short sales and how people who were losing their homes were offered assistance to be able to keep their homes.
Workplace culture varied. It was very clicky. If you knew the right people your environment could be very fun & rewarding or if you were on the wrong side it could be miserable.
Management was great in some areas and difficult in other areas: see previous comments.
The hardest part of the job was learning that people were losing their homes and in some cases nothing could be done to help them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping and supporting customers, managers and coworkers.
Pros
Full benefits, corporate sponsored events
Cons
constant management and organization changes
Great company with great benefits
SR. FRAUD ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 9, 2018
Bank of America is a great company to work for with great benefits. I have yet to work for another company that compares. Despite being laid off by BofA, I still consider it a great company to work for.
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MONovember 9, 2018
Each day was filled with new opportunities to fine tune your skills as a underwriter. Offering the opportunity to underwrite conventional, and portfolio loans
Pros
new opportunities to fine tune your skills as a underwriter.
Cons
lack of incentive plan
Good company to work for but high employee turnover rate
Senior Analyst/Data Security (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Bank Of America is a good company to work for with great benefits and a good culture but their turnover rate is high. Everyone is constantly worried about job security. More than once my department had to retrain new employees in the same job function that the previously laid off employees were already experienced in. In addition, too many daily meetings hinder production.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Job Security, Reorganizations, too many daily meetings
Too competitive even tho I excelled!
Customer Service Specialist - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
Call Center environment with daily hustle. I was the one to follow; became leader and rose very fast; promoted to sales in 6 months. The spifts and constant back biting became a hassle to me. The team spirit was promoted in meetings and rally's, but when you return to your team environment the manager turns production into a contest.
Benefits
Cons
Co-workers
it was nice, but not enough employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
It was nice working here, the problem was the lack of employees for every branch and the volumes of customer overwhelming for only 2 tellers. The pay could be better , especially when there is only 2 tellers for the amount of customer that comes to the branch,
Awesome place to work!
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
Bank of America is an amazing place to learn, develop, and enhance your professional skills. I was given the chance of a lifetime to gain the skills that I would need as a new and young customer service professional during my years as a teller for Bank of America. Thanks B.O.A
stressfull environment
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 8, 2018
so much stress put on the associates, it makes working as a team difficult. They company has gotten too big. Takes a long time to move laterally within the company.
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
stress. huge workload.
Was able to advance my career
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXNovember 8, 2018
Worked almost every position in the bank. Was able to work myself up to several promotions. After 20+ years was laid off. The hardest part was being laid off after working there for so long. I loved getting to work with others. Was also able to work the last years working from home.
Pros
Working remotely
Fun work place
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
• Process incoming Internal Revenue Service’s checks to lockbox accounts
according to customer specifications.
• May also be asked to assist with reassociation and mail out package
preparation.
• Separates pre-encoded checks removing non-system items,
preparing batch cards, and examining checks for quality of inscription.
• Proves packages of checks and deposits and inscribes in magnetic ink
information required for automated processing.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Dont be tardy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight