Bank of America
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Bank of America Employee Reviews

Found 28,498 reviews matching the search
handling cash and transaction the correct way follow procedures to follow every transaction management varies by location enjoy working there because of regular customers
It was an ok place to work, healthcare benefits were great, nearly impossible to move around in the company to better opportunities, location was good
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
MicromanagementEveryday there was a teammate crying because of the pressure and stress.Traveling to different branches everyday we had no way to connect with client to build a relationship, but we were pressured to show results, schedule follow ups meetings, it make no sense when you don’t know where you will be next day.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement to the limit
Great place to learn all about the banking world. Learning did come from being left without a manager multiple times. Having to research Answers on my own.
Associates do a lot of work with little to no appreciation, at least in my market, and the clientele is very difficult. I really liked my team though, and I learned a lot that I definitely appreciate but I'm never going back
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
BofA is a great company and I moved up and around to different roles throughout my time there. Over the years, the work life balance became something of the past. We were short handed so much that when you needed to call in for being sick, needs of a child etc, you felt guilty. Requesting time off was difficult because you had to manage it between other centers who would be helping in your absence. The benefits were great and maternity leave is the best I’ve seen with any company. If I didn’t have young kids, I would probably apply to work there again.
Pros
Benefits, room to advance
Cons
Short handed and work life balance
work load is ok. There is no opportunity for advancement.politics everywhere. slow to move to new technology.low compensation compared with tech companies
Pros
work life balance. decent benefits
Cons
boring work with not much opportunity for advancement
No team spirit, no sense of belonging.This was a poor choice for me and BofA. It was made worse by the COVIDManagement poorIn nearly 2 years, never met any other team members.BofA responsive to COVIDHard to understand what is expected form me.
Pros
2 paychecks each month
Cons
Working relationship, poor management willing to and blaming employees for
First, there is a lot of helpful people and a lot of support recently to grow your career through internal moves and promotions. They fully support moving between business and operational functions of your skill set translates. If you can prove your worth, you really get an opportunity to personally stand out and represent yourself.But there are drawbacks. Mainly the company pays slightly below peers, and the company also is stubborn about investing in people processes that will foster job quality improvement. It is very bureaucratic and siloed. You team may be spread out around the country and you may rarely personally meet your direct manager or direct reports; therefore, some roles lack culture.
Pros
Fringe benefits, career mobility
Cons
Compensation, Inefficient Processes, Lacks Culture
From the beginning was very stressful, it is not the best training. If you don't have any bank experience, the training won't help that much. Depends the market that you are working at, and your coworkers, you could like or hate this company
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Very stressful
Bank of America seems to care more about making numbers then their associates. When I started working at Bank of America, I love it! After 3 years of working for the company new call center leaders came in and ruined it all. They put so many restrictions and unattainable numbers on the associates it was no longer a fun place to work. My stress level went through the roof along with my co workers. Many of my co workers left feeling overwhelmed and unappreciated for the hard work we did day in and day out. I witnessed many associates in tears. What a disappointment!
Pros
Good benefits, honest co-workers
Cons
impossible numbers to meet, coaching is done to tell you how much your letting down the entire team, because you can't meet the numbers .
Bank of America is a great place to work that offers many benefits to fit your needs (tuition reimbursement, childcare reimbursement, ability to WFH, competitive insurance and 401K). Working at BofA I do feel appreciated and many of the managers work with you to accommodate you and what you need so there is a good work/life balance. Sometimes it is a little frustrating with the customers you interact with, they can be a bit aggressive but there is always someone there to help you succeed.
Pros
Personal/sick time, pay, schedules
Cons
Short lunches, rude customers
I've been working here for the past few years. Pay is very good, as well as the benefits. Overall a very solid employer. However, the job can be extremely stressful mentally. You feel like the back office never really communicates down the chain about what they're plans are. The corporation itself makes it hard to defend its products to customer's when they have a complaint because, you yourself will end up agreeing with the customer, but the bank expects you to advocate for them. They monitor way too many stats for us reps to keep up on and hold you to a very hard to reach standard. They rate you based on the Surveys that client's take about you and how long you spend with the customer's on each call, which is understandable to a point. However, if the customer rates you anything less than a 9 out of 10, the survey counts as a 0. This leads you to basically begging the client to give you a good rating, even if your hands were tied due to bank policy or lack of a logical system. The system as a whole needs to be revamped. Instead of working on improving the parts that need improvement, they keep adding new stuff, making it harder and harder for most of the departments to keep up. There's a large feeling of miscommunication amongst each department that's within the bank which almost feels like no one knows how to truly do their job. Even when these issues are brought up in meetings, or to the higher ups, it feels like management just brushes it off as no big deal and keeps adding new features that cause new problems for the client's.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Sick Time, Vacation Time
Cons
Everything else.
This job is ok if you like working from home. The customers can be really angry and upset at times but if you’re great at de-escalation then this is great job for you.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Hours are not flexible
Overall average company to work for they do give you the tools to succeed. Every Branch and Branch Manager is different. Internal culture is great. I would add you do have sales goals to meet offering credit cards. Mortgage and Financial services are required.
Pros
They offer you training and tools to succeed
Cons
Advancement opportunity is not properly evaluated
The employees make it fun, there are a lot of changes in management. Work life balance is hard as sometimes you have to work 6 days a week. Every branch is always understaffed
Pros
Benefits, Healthcare, 401k, childcare reimbursement
Cons
No work like balance, more like work work and work again due to always being understaffed
I've been with Merrill Lynch/Bank of America for 15 years and I am currently looking to leave as the workload is too much and unsustainable. Pay and benefits are what keep people here though everyone seems to hit a breaking point at some point due to the amount of work that is put on invidividuals.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Workload, Training is poor
Overall, I enjoyed my time at BOA. I honestly miss it. I just did not like having to work second shift. In my department, the majority of the first shift opportunities required weekend work; and I was uninterested in that.
Pros
Great Managers; Good Base Pay
Cons
Complicated bonus structure; phones never stop ringing; I just did not like my shift
Excellent benefits. Small work stations. On-site Cafeteria that is expensive with poor food quality. Nice break rooms. Lack of female managers of color and difficult to get promoted or change jobs.
Pros
Paid time off!
Cons
Annual layoffs twice a year, especially if you are over 50.
Terrible place to work. Upper management was always the worst. They hired people with no financial background, promoted people based on politics. Made me go into work the second day of maternity leave because auditors were there and no one knew what to do. All day BS conference calls. Horrible place
Bank of America is a great place to work but there is no loyalty, no family atsmosphere, so if you're looking for a nice check and taking thousands of calls per week non stop back to back then go for it. Also your job depends upon your metrics , for example the survey if you dont meet 90 or above that's considered a fail and possibilities of discipline action, so if the client gives you low scores on the survey that can get you a written and put on a 4 week plan to improve or separate. So this is aGood place to work because of some of the people, are so nice and kind.
Pros
30 mln
Cons
If your team lead is giving you a hard time.
  1. Employee Reviews