Bank of America

United States411 reviews

Found 411 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,258 reviews
americabenefitcustomboaco-workeramazetrainsale

Review

Good benefits but management is not good. Company direction was not what I was expecting moving toward technology and less stuff regardless of traffic

Great company to work for

It’s an amazing company especially when you work in the back office not so much in the branches even though you get fairly paid more to be in the branch. Great benefits, one of the best companies to work for. The ceo is a great guy!

Bank of America insights

Based on 5,564 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great people to work with.

I loved working at the location that I did because I was able to make so many connections with the people I worked with and also the clients. The only thing that made not give this 5 stars was the fact that it was hard to advance there.

Stressful

If you’re planning to work for BOA, forget it. They promote who they want, it’s all political. New hires come in making more than you. And they ask you the veteran to train them. Lots of cold calls to customers to try to get them to come in the bank, calls calls and more calls to make everyday. It’s never enough. Management has favorites. Customers are awful especially the ones with a little bit of money. They think they are all that and a bag of chips. Long work days and no work life balance. The benefits are great and that’s about it.

On your feet all the time and stressed

Close to 3 year top seller with advanced degrees and skills still making a minimum wedge. Leadership change frequently and you will have to start over with another one for your promotion. Cut big money to come to banking and regret it badly.

Pros

During bad time of Covid 19 the allowed working from home and it was nice

Cons

Stressful and always on your feet hard to grow or step up

You’re just a number.

It’s all about sales, cold calling, sales pressure, labor exploration, understaffed and micromanagement. Benefits are good and reliable but many of our people have left to either chase, Wells Fargo, or a complete different industry because of the nature of Bank of America.

Zero work-life balance, terrible mangement

The management was awful on two levels. Horrible understaffing issue. Management doesn't care about you or clients/treats both horribly. They will make you work Saturday's and expect you to leave the bank 5:30-6.

Understaffed, Poor higher up management

Great Benefits - Poor management (Market & Regional management) Customers have become very angry & you will get screamed at all day everyday. BofA wants you to be a robot and is only worried about sales and not actually bettering their financial lives despite what they may say.

good pay

good pay for entry level and 3 weeks vacation for entry level. hardest part of the job is the customers who yell at you for something that cannot be controlled by you.

*NEW TO ROLE* Okay place to work with great benefits.

As a Relationship Banker, there is a lot you have to learn. Working behind the teller window becomes easy over time. The CSRs at my financial center are very friendly and helpful whenever I have a question. Working at the lobby and helping guests can be tricky because sometimes they throw hard questions at you. And with me having no banking experience, I find myself asking my peers a lot of questions in order to get the right answers for the guest. I learn fast and can answer commonly asked questions, it’s only the curve ball questions from time to time that still get me. The MAJOR con to this place, at least for me is having to reach your quarterly goal. You can finish a day at work feeling accomplished for helping guests and being a useful member of the team. Only for the accomplished feeling to be replaced with worry and stress for not getting a sale that day. I’ve felt this way many times and it’s for that reason I’m looking for employment elsewhere. I knew this was a sales job when I applied and didn’t know what to expect since I’ve never worked in sales before. But after working here for awhile, I now know that sales is not for me. In conclusion, as a Relationship Banker you’re a glorified teller with slightly better pay but also a under payed Relationship Manager with all the stress included.

No place of advancement

Have degree? Doesn’t matter. Hard worker? Stuck on the teller line. Great with numbers? Good for you! Toxic environment? You got it!! If you want to be under paid, feel like stepping on eggshell as soon you walk into the branch. This is the place for you! District Manager in East Texas is the worst! And the problem is when they discover a good District Manager, their coworker on the same level try to get rid of him or her, because bad management is the key to success in BOA Consumer banking!

Great benefits and room to grow

The company has amazing benefits and a lot of room to grow in other areas of business. However, the job itself felt like a sales job most of the time. Every morning, we would have a meet about our sales goals and how many accounts or credit card applications, etc. we anticipate to open that day. A lot of sales pressure.

This is a great bank to start your banking career. BOA is well established and the systems are advanced. The hours are good, pay is competitive, and good work life balance.

Stay away from that company

Market leaders will back up the managers not the employees. They don’t care about you, you’re just a machine. Micro management at its finest they will count the minutes you go to the restroom. Force you to do things to clients you don’t want to do or is not good for the client. CEO gets a million dollar raise and employees $0.20, yes cents.

Good company to work

Young team, very easy going, good communication with everybody. Company gives us a lot of training to do the tasks with quality. Company has a lot of ways to succeed.

Benefits

Cons

Dificulta clients

Productive Work Environment

Would have to love to be client facing to enjoy this role. Decent compensation. Decent work environment. Meeting new customers is what I enjoy the most.

Good to start off but no future

This a great job to start off but they don’t care about their employees. Facilities are short staff and they expect you to hit goals in these circumstances and when you ask for a raise or at least a fair pay they don’t give it to you. They don’t treat employees fair in the sense of pay if you been there for a while they pay new hires more then the employees that been there more time this is why they don’t want employees talking about pay among themselves.

I recently left Bank Of America, I have a lot more positive experience working there.

I would say that truthfully, I’ve enjoyed working at the company for the most part. The leaders that have made positive impacts in associates lives are the ones that matters most. I was inspired by them. Shared many success stories, and practices as One Team. I would not change anything about working at Bank Of America, because the positive aspects are that after working there, my knowledge and skills have truly improved. Many awesome passionate people, diversity and ability to learn and grow from your roles with guidance.

Pros

Work life balance, Teamwork, diversity and resources

Cons

No cons

Great job with excellent benefits

BOA is a great company to work for. They really care for their employees and have great benefits and there are many opportunities to grow. Of course depending on your manager you can love them or not get along. However, higher ups are flexible with transitioning. I was able to move out of state and transfer and then moved back and transferred back.

Great job but can be very stressful

Bank of America is a great place to work. You learn many things and the benefits are top notch. However the job is very demanding and there is little to no room for error. If you have a good branch you may have a good support system. You have to be hungry in any role because everything has goals you must meet.

Get treated like a number

Not a place to grow. They just care about coverage in the branches & toss you around where they need you, and then blame you cause your not hitting your goals where there is NO stability. Managers leave left and right. And no advancement opportunities. They do not promote people that have worked 20+ years to a management title, but hire outside people into that position, who don't even know what a 401K is ? This place is a joke.

Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss