Bank of America Employee Reviews for Teller

Found 1,928 reviews matching the search See all 28,395 reviews
Great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2019
A good place to work for. I’d definitely recommend it. Apply, you won’t regrese working for Bank of America. The Benefits are also amazing and their flexibility is great
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 24, 2019
Very challenging position, managers help you thru out your journey, everyone is real respect. Loved to help the clients and see them leave with a smile in their face
Not very good, but it's ok.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAOctober 23, 2019
All depend on who's the boss. Many cases son people are more acceptable regarding Financial Status. Very flexible when the Emergency approach. Very Inconcider if you need to use the bathroom.
Pros
Close to home availabilty.
Cons
Insurace Coverage.
Great Learning Experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 7, 2019
Loved working here as a teller. I had a great team and we got along extremely well. I have no complaints about this specific branch. Would recommend it.
Stressful environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WASeptember 30, 2019
Management cares more about the number of sales. Micro managing is intense on a daily basis. Pay is low but expectations are high. No Christmas Party provided by the company
Pros
Cons
Micro managing, sell sell and sell
Terrible place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 27, 2019
Its a terrible place to work, They tell you to learn your first year but any mistakes you make could mean your job. The management all teach you different ways to do thing but you then find out from coorparate that your not suppose to do things the way management teaches you then they fire you for doing things the way they taught. I work there 4 months and got fired for mistaking mixing a 100.00 dollar bill in with my 20s.
Stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 13, 2019
I was excited working at the bank, but because of a poor management and unfair supervisor it was unbearable. Hours were unpredictable, never raised my salary.. At first they hired me as part-time and promised me a full-time position at the later time, only to cut my hours to 2 hours a day! Never made their promise of a full-time position with benefits even though a few people left who had those positions..
Pros
Paid holiday and breaks
Cons
Poor management
Will love to join the team again...
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GASeptember 11, 2019
Really enjoy working and even made life long friends with customers and fellow employees..
Your location is well thought out for you too, so your commute would be easy...
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
40 hours
Excellent
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 6, 2019
Excellent place to work and the people there is the best coworker ever and I hope apply again so soon and begin one more time, definitely is a good place
Hated this company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2019
They squeeze their clientele dry and recommend products or attempts at products that ultimately harm the financial security of their customers in the name of sales and client accrual goals.
Terrible job, very poor management. No support from managers. Unprofessional managers to employees
ATM Video Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2019
Terrible place to work for. The only thing I can say is that I needed medical benefits. I have worked for many big banks. The management was horrible and broke at least 4 HR rules every day. So happy that I got another job offer at another big bank and left without a notice. Good bye.
Pros
Sick time paid
Great Company
Professional Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2019
I truly enjoyed working at BOA. Everyone that worked at my branch made each day great. I had no bank experience before this job and within a few weeks I felt so confident after training. Very patent with each employee since everyone learns differently.
Boring, inconsistent job with poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVAugust 12, 2019
Inexperienced management, lazy employees, no training opportunities, lousy scheduling, unfair treatment across the board, unwelcoming environment, sold out to Washington Federal in 2014
It’s ok
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 12, 2019
Had a personal bad experience with a not so nice manager but it may have been different if located somewhere else. No room for advancement at the time working there
Fast pace very customer first job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2019
At Bank of America you'll see plenty of people every day. Some happy, some not so much. Either way we're tasked to help them complete their transactions as quickly as possible so that they can get back to their day to day activities. As a teller when the line is long there's can be a no talk policy to help quicken the pace and lower customer wait times. This can be hard with regular customers with whom you become quite familiar with. When processing over 20 transactions per hour mistakes can and will happen. Following the money trail is crucial to keep a balanced drawer, and this can be extremely stressful. If you're a people person you'll love getting to know the people you serve. I've found my favorite taco shop, car detailers, mechanics, carpenters, and many other professionals all on the job. Lastly be prepared for attitudes. When dealing with so many people eventually you're going to get an upset customer, and it can get pretty scary when someone is upset about money.
Pros
Meeting new people, competitive salary, bank holidays
Cons
Short brakes, attitudes(customers & management), merit based vacation
Stressful work environment
Full-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2019
I appreciate learning the banking industry, but it turned very stressful with very little training. Also, there were no paid sick days or vacation days.
Productive place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2019
Great environment to grow and work. Perfect for those looking into an economics or marketing career. One will learn what businesses are trending and the average pay of a worker.
Great company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2019
Benefits are unmatched and external candidate pay is EXCELLENT! How ever being promoted unfortunately doesn’t come with great pay increases. Work life balance is somewhat there but if Bank of America would go back to being flexible with working from home I would go back to corporate in a heartbeat. I just had a baby and I’m not comfortable having to put him in daycare this day and age. BOA does await with childcare in different ways for people that are interested in BOA.
New teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 13, 2019
Since I have started working for Bank of America I've been feeling very stressful and unappreciated. It's mostly computer training for 2 weeks, observe a teller that has been there for years which you won't learn anything bc they take short cuts and after a few days they put you on your own and expect you to be super fast and get bothered when asked questions.
Sneaky moves
ATM Assisted Video Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2019
The job itself seemed easy enough. You sat and talked to clients back to back for about 40 hrs a week. Of course if you have a bad call you're let go. Then come to find out a month later the department you are apart of is being closed down. So they avoid severance pay. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of working for them.
Pros
Pay and that's it.
Cons
overly strict metrics, timed breaks, no backing from management against the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight