Bank of America Employee Reviews

Found 25,692 reviews matching the search See all 27,299 reviews
Bank of America overall - offer great insurance. However, they have not met the pay scale yet of our competitors
Senior Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 15, 2019
A typical day at work. Multitasking incoming calls alone with reviewing debit card activity for possible fraud. Weekly, there are meetings to discuss fraud trends and strategies. Management team! Some are Awesome! Bank of America is very diverse in culture. The hardest part of the job - dealing with unhappy customers that use very abusive language and the inconvenience caused when customers are traveling international . Most enjoyable, employee recognition and overtime.
Pros
Great Insurance and vacation package
Cons
Keeping up with the fraudster's.
Contractors weren't really part of the group
Shared Integration Services Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2019
As a telecommuting contractor, I didn't really feel like I was part of the culture here. I enjoyed my required duties and felt that I was appreciated.
Great place to do contract jobs
DBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2019
I am not sure how it would be to work as a permanent position, but as a consultant, the people that I spoke to were friendly. Sometimes it would take some creativity to explain techincal ideas but overall it was good experience.
Difficult Experience
Officer/Loan Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 14, 2019
While employed at BOA there was very little room for advancement at my location. Because of a very lengthy commute, I looked for a position in Boston to utilize public transportation, or closer to home, but at the time there was a hiring freeze. There was a Career Mentor program I fully enjoyed, and was thankful to be a part of. My mentor was at the opposite side of the country, but she inspired me to make positive changes that allowed me to continue my career in a move that would benefit me and lead me to new experiences.
Great Company
Financial Center Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJune 14, 2019
Bank of America is a great company to work for if you want to stay in the financial world. This personally was not the field of work I wanted to stay in but they have great benefits for their employees.
mortgage sales
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2019
i did not like this company i was only there for a year... they were the worse mortgage group that i ever worked.I was not happy there and their operations were out of hand.
Pros
Cons
too many to talk about
great company to work for, progressive
Technical Project Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2019
great company to work for, progressive, awesome benefits.
They are willing to invest in technology. The are moving all technology to a Lean Agile methodology.
Electronic banking
Financial Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  AZJune 13, 2019
The company and their benefits are great. But the overall direction Bank of America is going isn't going to last. They have been closing more centers and are going more digital for retail banking. It's all fine until you need help escalating a problem. Even in a busy vacation town which is in a tristate area, they really only care about the bottom line.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, technology
Cons
Short staffing, business processes for banking programs
Normal Office Call Center Job
Tech Support II Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2019
Beginning of the day, I'd log in, start taking back to back calls immediately, till my first 15 minute break, worked another 2 hours till lunch and so on. Job had moments of being mentally stressful, but as a whole and the fact you sit for most of your shift is easy on the body. Most coworkers are friendly and helpful, and help make the day go back quicker. There did seem to be a lack of communication between upper management and on floor management.
Pros
Easy on the body, there's a nice cafe in the building next door.
Cons
Non stop calls, lack of communication or training.
Office Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2019
Busy every day but great people and support from management with a fun and inclusive environment. There are great opportunities within the company and always a new resource to be leveraged for additional learning and development.
career geared, great benefits, fun work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2019
I love working for Bank of America, and thankful for the opportunity given.
Now that I have made it to a assistant manager role I am finding it very difficult to move up to a higher level.
I love working for BofA
Foreclosure Documents/ Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 13, 2019
Working for Bank of America was one of the best experiences I ever had. Really nice place to work felt appreciated and would love to work for them again.
Great place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow!
Technology and Operations Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2019
Bank of America is focused on doing the right thing for customers, employees, and shareholders. The company strives to deliver outstanding customer service, providing enabling environment for employees to contribute, speak up, learn and grow. Executive management encourages diversity in the workplace. They are also focused on strong governance and risk management to protect shareholder interests and maintaining high ethical standards.

I have enjoyed my extensive career at the bank. I am grateful to management and my colleagues for all the opportunities and allowing growth during my tenure . This is a great place to work!
productive and fast
Digital Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 13, 2019
The internship was great I had met people that helped me advance in the world of finance and business. The internship is great working experience for anyone interested.
Business Coordinator/Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2019
I worked with some great people who wanted to be successful in their Job.
the workplace culture was enjoyable and we bonded as a team of professional looking to help each other prosper.
Great company to make a career.
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CA 93065June 13, 2019
I have held three different positions at Bank of America at 3 different sites. The company is very structured. They follow their model, promote within, and have plenty of opportunities to improve.
Great place to work as a student
Client Representative II (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 13, 2019
It is production driven and so the time expected to be seated and taking calls is a 5 minute window due to the systems being so slow when beginning the day.
Pros
Free lunches during holidays
Cons
No opportunity to interact with peers because it's a production driven environment.
Work/Life/Balance
VP Financial Center Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 12, 2019
Great company to work for. You're provided with the tools and resources to be an effective manager. You're supported by your managers and given proper training to complete tasks.
great place to start a career
Wealth Management Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2019
great company with a great mission.great place to begin a career but limited potential for advancement. as long as you produce and meet the standards for work, you have job security.
A bank that doesn't train, listen or really care
Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 12, 2019
Bank of America, for the Small Business Banker Role went through an upheaval in 2019 with a total "Change" to the structure.

They essentially want highly trained, highly qualified, highly skilled banking professionals to fit into a system of paint by numbers. The problem with that is, you cannot recruit people who are at the top of their job/career and expect them to follow an unproven model, with inconsistent underwriting and inept management. they will continue to burn through people until they understand that business/commercial banking is NOT like retail/consumer banking, even if the two worlds overlap.
Pros
Competitive pay, brand recognition, plenty of customers to call on
Cons
inept or unqualified managers, inconsistent policies, too many chiefs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight