Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Stressful
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 20, 2018
Of course customer service is a key here at BofA but there are the times that you wish that you did not have to take it. Also the Bank asks a lot of "extras". A lot of up sales.
Very Structured
Processing & Verification Intern (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 20, 2018
I worked in the process and verification center where I checked checks and counted cash in front of multiple cameras facing multiple stations. Everything was recorded and documented. It was a very structured environment.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
no flexibility
5 Years at Bank of America...
Wire Transfer Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
During my 5 years with Bank of America, I repaired and verified international and domestic Swift Telex Payments. I verified customer accounts prior to releasing Swift Telex Payments. I also verified customer accounts utilizing BOSS FAST, COINS, GTS, HOGAN, NATS, BOA Global Directory and Thompson’s Directory. Processed, verified and transferred CRM claims cases. Daily investigated and determined method of payments for high risk countries. I processed OFAC and foreign exchange payments, Drawdowns, return items and advised customers of routing instructions from Hotline calls. When on the day shift, I contacted customers and correspondents to seek clarification of documents. I often trained prospective employees of money transfer payments processing. I learned to prioritize my duties and functions. The workplace culture is fast paced. The hardest part of the job was when the Federal Reserve Bank would extend past 6:30pm, which meant overtime, sometimes past 8:30pm but we were provided with car service home and take out dinner. The most difficult part of the job was not knowing on 09/11/2001, if all of my coworkers who start their day between 6am - 9am, were going to make it out the building which was 1 WORLD TRADE CENTER, safely. Thereafter, we were transferred to Secaucus NJ. The most enjoyable part of the job were some of the people and holiday parties.
Pros
The commute, some of the people, the stock options, the healthcare benefits and flexible hours (when necessary)
Cons
Lack of compassion
Fun environment work is what you make it
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
Depending on your position and workplace friendships, Bank of America can be highly fun. I really enjoyed working here. Honestly the best call center in my experience of working.
Pros
free lunch, great balance. Fixed schedule
Cons
cant think of any
good people to work with
Group Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
fast-paced environment with a diverse group of people. driven to meet toe goals and objectives of the work units. help managers and staff strive to achieve our production goals.
Pros
people, teamwork
Cons
lack of opportunities
Don’t plan on moving up- ever
Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 20, 2018
Easy enough to work for, good benefits. Not for those who want to get ahead. No good raises ever, no advancement. Management is stuck in the past with no innovation. No recognition.
Bank
EAC Compliamce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2018
I was very busy everyday and the job was very fulfilling. I learn a lot about the department that I work in and how important is was to do my job correctly everyday.
Good place to work if you have the right Manager
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 20, 2018
Bank of America can be a good place to work if you have a good Manager. I've seen the pressure to cross sell bank products can sometimes lead some people to do some unscrupulous things to attain their goals. Coercing customers to open multiple accounts or obtain bank products because it's good for your goals, and not necessarily for the customer is morally wrong. Banks in general need to reassess ways to maintain profitablilty without touting more fee laden products on the backs of their customers.
Pretty nice job
Financial Center Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 20, 2018
Working at Bank of America is a little like working at a grocery store. You help one client do something that they could easily do themselves, then move on to the next customer. When you do discover a need, then it's time to refer them to a specialist. I like that I really don't have to think, but it kind of takes the human touch out of the job when I'm never actually allowed to help customers with their needs.
Pros
banker hours are awesome.
Cons
Low pay, low specialization
Relaxed and Inclusive
OJT Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2018
A relaxed environment where management is willing to listen and learning more is always an opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly co-workers and the hardest part of the job is the call volume.
Bac
cbmm (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2018
Pretty good company. Really depends on who your manager is...if you have someone who is vested in you, then the sky is the limit. There are a lot of opportunities...especially if you are willing to travel. If your manager hordes her/his talent, you are not going to go anywhere....
A typical Day at work
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 19, 2018
I helped people keep their homes by avoiding foreclosure proceedings by setting payment arrangements, Load modifications, and payoff through refinancing at lower rates.
Pros
Helping People Keep their Homes
Cons
Sometimes people lost their homes due to situations beyond their control
office job with rrom for advancement
Home Service Specialist/Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 19, 2018
Typical office set job. handling of up to 30 home loans daily. handling and protecting sensitive customer information. plenty of room for advancement.
Fun workplace, everyone helping each other
Data Entry, Windows, Excel, and Outlook (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 19, 2018
Learned a lot, everyone helps each other, company does fun picnics for threre employees, for employees can meet other emplyees from other departments.
work enviroment
Title Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 19, 2018
This department had and exceptional working enviroment. Everyone always went above and beyond to help each other achieve all of our goals. Bank of America was always looking to continue our education for advancement.
Pros
Monthly lunches were we each brought a food dish in.
Bank of america
Teller/ Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nowhere, WAApril 19, 2018
Banking just wasn't for me. It was early in the morning you have to make your quota by bugging clients about their financial life and be pushy. They aren't really customer service focused they take money from non-clients cashing checks. Its not worth the pay or the stress.
Pros
Cons
Pushy client service representatives, bankers, and relationship manager
Great team culture and benefits
ACH Corporate Return Claim Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
The pace of change is the most difficult part of the job. Constant change within a line of work is common and stressful, but the team culture is a fantastic counter balance. Excellent team managers are common throughout the company. Company provided benefits are really good, and I would recommend this company for employment.
Pros
great diversity and team culture
Cons
fast paced change and short accountability ramp ups with limited communications
low pay but good benefit
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 19, 2018
Great benefit, 3 weeks paid time off, health dental insurance,
low compensation to against what they ask you to do, high stress, micromanagement, low morale.
Pros
benefit
Cons
compensation
Geat environment and work hours
Senior Fraud Analyst Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2018
I started as a regular fraud specialist, worked myself up to a different position within a year and then became a team leader /supervisor. I had 20 people under my management.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short breaks, lack of comunicatin between manament and alot of gray areas.
productive and fun place
Application Programmer V (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2018
Good people to work with, productive and fun place to work at, I will definitively tell people who want to go and work at this place to go ahead and apply for openings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight