Bank of Cardiff Employee Reviews

Free Lunches
Commercial Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2016
Ceo is very knowledgable of the industry. Co-workers are kind. Industry is ever changing. Depending on what department you are in depends on how honest upper management will be with you.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
A lot of cold calling.
Good jumping off point
Senior Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2016
Cardiff gives an opportunity to make uncapped commission, but the office is under managed, little support and no advancement
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No room for advancement
Not telemarketing, inside sales in more challenging.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2016
I did some telemarketing before and I can say that the job we do here is not at all similar.

There is a lot of face to face meetings at trade shows or conferences to put a face to a name. Besides this most of the work we do is remote and seems to be working for both parties.

There is a lot of emphasis on technology and on us workers being savvy, there is no way we could do this without that knowledge.

I have a background in social sciences and psychology which helps a lot at the time of dealing with customers. Sometimes just the right choice of words can make a difference.

The hardest part is to keep if fresh and be always vital. Some days you don't feel as energetic and the customer can feel it. Those days are not the best, but we get the job done for sure.
Pros
Cohesive team with pretty much total support from management.
Cons
San Diego is expensive and salaries are not moving up.
Small innovative/productive company with a lot of products and room for advancement.
Commercial Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2016
Bank of Cardiff is a great company to work for with room for advancement and a slew of financial products at hand for reps to provide to their clients.

Lunch is provided daily and encouraged to attend as a team/moral building stip.
Different from a non profit.
Funding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2016
I did not know what to expect when I jumped from working at a non-profit company to Bank of Cardiff. Overall it has been a really interesting shift. It is true that it is not as rewarding as a non-profit but it is a job where you learn a lot about different areas of the business.
Pros
You feel the personal growth. Good salary and exceptional benefits.
Cons
There is a lot of math involved and I hate it.
Strong company, a step up in my life.
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Sadly the day starts early around 6 am. Time to get some feedback about projects, check ton and tons of emails and see what's schedule for today. We try to get things done the day before so we don't have to take care of any loose details.

I like to be able to work with a cohesive team of people and that come from different parts of the world.

The best is the satisfaction of knowing that the project we are working on went ahead. We did our job well then.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, San Diego location, hip office
Cons
Some workers complaining about too much work
From entertainment to...
Commercial Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2015
I changed careers a few years back.I had been working in the entertainment industry for years. I owned a small company, and everything went well until the recession. Then it became clear to me that I had to look for a living somewhere else.
I had majored in economics in college, so I figured that trying to find a job in the corporate world would be the wisest thing to do. Stability, benefits...those type of things.

I remember the anxiety, the feeling of uneasiness, and the pressure of knowing that you have a lot to learn. A friend of mine was working for Cardiff. He only had good things to say, and he encouraged me to apply there. I got an entry level job with them. Due to my years as a business owner, the people there rapidly realize that I had a lot more to offer that what I was doing at time. I switched departments and got promoted within the first year. Things have been somewhat following that that pace ever since.

I am very happy with the decision I made a few years back. I love my job, they pay me well, and more importantly, I feel appreciated here.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
can't think of anything
I happy that they gave me this opportunity
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2015
When I first applied for the job I was kind of unsure if I was a competitive candidate. I had a some (not much) experience, but I was by no means a super accomplished, super experienced professional. On top of this, I am a woman, and we all know what that means when it comes to the corporate world.

They ended up hiring me. Deep inside I know that someone must have seen a good prospect in me and that is why I got hired. I see how many candidates we interview on average, so I am sure there were plenty of good candidates when I applied.

Since day one I made sure I worked hard to prove them that they did the right thing hiring me. I learned everything possible about our products, I made sure I had adequate rapport on each and single call...and it paid off. I received lots of praise from day one. I feel appreciated, and professionally fulfilled.

As a side note. There are plenty of women at the office (an not just as administrators)!. That gave me extra motivation to work hard. So, in short...we are a great company, and I am happy to be part of it!
Pros
good vibe at the office
Cons
I wish I had an extra week of vacation.

Dear employee,

Thank you for kind review. Our company values promote the integration of competent professionals independently of their gender, creed, race, or sexual orientation. We believe that it is our duty to promote a healthy environment, so our employees can reach their true potential.

We appreciate your comments, and we assure you that we will continue to work hard to satisfy both our customers and our employees expectations.

If you are familiar with the finance industry, you know it is not an easy one
Commercial Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2015
Things have changed a lot since the global market crash. Lenders and borrowers are subject to an entirely new set of rules, when compared to, lets say, the early 2000's.

It may sound crazy, but I think that this entire paradigm shift has helped us a lot. In the past we were making a ton of profit without really revising our strategies. The crash forced us to be much more careful in the way we approach business. From risk management to customer service, everything got scrutinized.

I think we are now a much better company than we were before. We are growing much faster than our competitors, we have established long lasting, solid relationships with our customer base, and even the workforce itself has gotten better.

I feel I will be here for the years to come, and I am absolutely happy about it.
Pros
excellent business prospects, high salaries
Cons
Tough industry, not for everybody
Tremendous improvement
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  IrvineSeptember 25, 2015
As an inside sales guy, it is important that I manage my time efficiently. If you have experience in the sector you know that communicating with clients is an art in itself. It is crucial to have a proven system when it comes to going through the list of people you have to call that day.

The company has taken a step forward when it comes to facilitating the process. We switched to apple recently. We were all given an ipad mini loaded with some very useful apps. As silly as it may sound, not being confined to my desktop has made a big difference for me. One of these apps allows me to make calls from my personal cell but through my office number. This has been a true blessing to me, since now I can take care of stuff on the go, and make calls without having to be at the office.

I feel like, as a company, we are really in tune with the what the industry demands nowadays. We are doing pretty good, and that is something that can be felt at the office
Pros
Nice coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
Comission bonuses not as big as I hoped for
October 13, 2015

Dear employee,

We are excited to hear that you are enjoying our new telecommunications package. Our software developers have worked tirelessly to make our system as user friendly as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact the corporate communication department if you have any suggestions/comments regarding the new apps.

Dear employee,

Thank you for your kind words. We live in a very dynamic environment. As a company with international operations, we are keenly aware of how important it is to incorporate the latest technology in our daily operations. Our surveys indicate that the recent tech upgrades were well received among our employees. We are happy to confirm that through your review.

Busy but fun
Commercial Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  IrvineSeptember 18, 2015
I am quite pleased with the leadership at Bank of Cardiff. I know that some people may think that this statement is a supreme act of brown nosing, but I really mean it.

As a finance analyst, I tend to look at things from a multidisciplinary approach. Number crunching is a powerful tool, but it my opinion it fails to capture some other subtle trends

. I always wanted to have a fluid relationship with our HR department. I always wanted to look at stuff like "employee morale" and some other less conventional factors. The leadership here has been quite flexible. They have given me plenty of freedom to go about my business as long as my analysis are spot on.

I really enjoy the open minded approach that the company radiates. It makes my job easier, and helps me to stay focus and motivated.
Pros
Good communication between departments
Cons
Office far from where I live
September 20, 2015

Dear employee,

Thanks for your contribution. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the company's culture. As a 100% employee owned company, we believe that providing open channels of communication among our employees is a fundamental requisite for success.

Thanks again for your comments, and if you have any suggestions for us to continue improving, please let us know.

Numbers don't lie
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
As a senior accountant, I now where the company stands every quarter. You get to hear all sorts of stories, but numbers don't lie, I know exactly how things are going.

That is why I am not surprised by the company's latest trend. To make the office the ultimate "working space". Their latest addition?, a golf machine so we can practice our swing on our free time. Just brilliant.

Other than the furniture upgrades, there are other indicators that, if you have a trained eye, can show you that the company is overall healthy. There is very little employee turnover. People are staying here for the long run, and that says something.

I feel like we have finally found our spot in the market. My guess is that by the end of the year we are going to have our best numbers ever. Hope things stay this way!.
Pros
Very solid business model
Cons
I wish they had an office in LA
October 13, 2015

Dear employee,

Thank you for your contribution. As you mentioned in your review, the numbers show that Bank of Cardiff has raised the industry standards. We are leading the industry thanks to our loyal customer base and our devoted employees. We feel like helping you to improve your swing is the least we could do to thank you for daily efforts.

Bank of Cardiff

Camaraderie at the work place
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  san diegoSeptember 8, 2015
Bank of Cardiff is one of those rare institutions in which you find yourself surrounded by cool people. I have developed long lasting friendships with several of my coworkers, and that is something that I was not expecting when it took this job.

We have created a happy hour "gang" of sorts. This allows us to take the junior stuff out, and to talk about work related stuff in a much more relaxed environment. I feel this has helped the team a lot to bond, and to have a more collaborative attitude in general.
Pros
Very welcoming, friendly environment
Cons
hard to keep up with the tech upgrades (I'm old school)
October 16, 2015

Dear employee,

Thank you for your contribution. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at Bank of Cardiff. We strive to maintain a benevolent work environment. Our goal is to make a difference in each an every aspect of our operations.
All our employees were selected after analyzing their background in a holistic manner. We intend to match their professional background with the company's culture. It seems like your experience here is a testament of these values.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Bank of Cardiff

Busy is good, entertained is better
Funding coordinator (Current Employee) –  san diegoSeptember 4, 2015
I am pretty happy with the company's new vibe. In the past we had to go to some training sessions every now and then. Those sessions were supposed to keep us "sharp and tuned with the market". I personally dreaded them. Although useful, I thought they were terribly boring.

The company recently added a "corporate training" department. They are basically in charge of not only getting us up to date, but making the training itself fun. They started implementing some video training in a sort of game like fashion. At first I thought it was going to be silly, but I found myself having fun while going through them!.

I think the company has made a good effort to update their in house practices. Things are more fluid, more techie, in sum, more efficient. I don't mind being busy as long as I am not busy-bored, I am pretty happy with the changes
Pros
Improved work space
Cons
I have to go to the office every day

Dear employee,

As you noted in your kind review, we have been working hard to update our telecommunication systems. The demands of the modern market are such, that any company not trying actively to keep will be left behind. Our ability to adapt an evolve is one of the reasons why we continue to be market leaders.

Constant expansion
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 31, 2015
The company has put a fair amount of effort on exploring new markets. Right now we have a presence in 4 different countries. The bank feels young and vigorous, we keep growing, which makes the whole experience quite thrilling.
Pros
Dynamic business philosophy

Dear employee,

One of our main strengths is our ability to adjust to new markets and outperform the competition. Bank of Cardiff's international expansion is a direct result of those values. Our location in Southern California proved to be a pivotal element when we decided to expand to Mexico. Given the success we have experienced on each and every one of our international ventures, you can expect the company to keep growing and capturing greater portions of the market share.

We thank you for your hard work, and your kind review.

Continuously Expanding
account executive (Current Employee) –  san diegoAugust 18, 2015
I am happy to see that the company has left the "financial crash related" hard times behind. We are growing very fast. We have offices in Mexico and the UK now.

I have to say that I am pretty happy with the new phone system. The app they have created for us makes conference calling a breeze. I can log into the company's network anywhere and connect with all our offices worldwide. This is a major step forward compared with the traditional Skype approach.
Pros
Excellent business prospects
Cons
Having to deal with different time zones
Prodcutive and fun environment.
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  San diegoAugust 15, 2015
In the last few years we have changes several of our procedures to optimize the transaction flow. The new CRM for example makes working through transactions a much efficient process. Since everything is now neatly organized (we are using tabs instead of having to scroll), our interactions with the customers are significantly more fluid.

Given how fast the industry moves nowadays you have to stay updated if you want to keep up with it. Bank of Cardiff has proven to be a very dynamic environment in that regard. Big thumbs up!
Pros
good environment, perfect place to learn new skills
Cons
Very high expectations towards the employees
Office space greatly improved
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2015
For quite some time we heard the rumor that the company was hiring a "work psychologist" to work on the office layup. I personally thought that it was just a rumor, but turns out it was not!.

We all got some really comfy Herman Miller Aeron Chairs, the space got completely rearranged in a way that "makes sense". Right now things are organized in a very efficient way. My personal favorite however, is the fact that they added a TrueGolf simulator!. No I can work on my swing during my breaks haha!.

Sometimes little details are what end up making the biggest difference. I am happy to see that the company is willing to spend money on making things easier for us.
Pros
Good communication with the management
Cons
limited bonuses
August 31, 2015

Dear employee,

We are happy to hear that our recent efforts to improve the work space are being appreciated. We believe that in order to provide the best service to our customers, it is imperative to show our employees that without them we would not be here.

Bank of Cardiff

Good example of a customer oriented corporation
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Every company markets itself as "customer friendly" one. I have worked for a few of the big names in the industry, and I that is not what I saw while I was there.

Moderately big companies tend to write a number of guidelines and implement them on each an every case. Normally things work well for the customers, but there are times in which the do not. At that point the customer is up against a big bureaucratic animal.

I was pleased to see that Bank of Cardiff holds weekly meeting to analyze customer "complaints and recommendations". Our guidelines get constantly updated to make the company more "customer friendly" using our own customers feedback. This gives me a sense of fulfillment, and motivates me. I consider myself a happy employee.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
Jr employees don't have that much experience in the field
September 20, 2015

Dear employee,

Thank you very much for your comments. Bank of Cardiff prides itself on being a dynamic company. We strive to stay tuned both with the industry and our customer base. Customer satisfaction plays a pivotal role in our operations, and we believe that is one of the main reasons we have become an industry leader.

Bank of Cardiff

One of the most foward thinking, and adventurous places I know
Account executive (Current Employee) –  san diegoJuly 24, 2015
It is invigorating to know that from the top down people are not afraid of trying new marketing strategies. I see companies sticking to a particular plan for ever just because it is moderately successful.

The leadership here encourages us to research the latest trends in marketing strategy. We have plenty of freedom to implement this strategies and evaluate the results. When things are run with an open mind and a willingness to take action, things go well. At least that is my experience!
Pros
Open and creative environment
Cons
stressful at times
August 18, 2015

Dear employee,

First of all, thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to see that our efforts are appreciated by our team. We firmly believe that a flexible approach to problems is the best way to succeed at solving them.

Best regards.

Bank of Cardiff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Cardiff. Our community is ready to answer.

Bank of Cardiff Reviews by Location