Bank of England Employee Reviews

Productive and good leads
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2019
Great products for our Veterans/ completive rates / on time closings. Manager has a wealth of knowledge and was always willing to help and help us when needed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Employee values not recognized
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 12, 2019
Make sure you are secure in your initial position you were hired to perform and that you are the only one to do the tasks you were hired to do.
Management did not value their most experienced employees but focused on themselves only and what was best for them.
Benefits really we're unfair. Paid time off was
extremely less than your regular MTG company.
1 week paid vacation and no federal holidays
acknowledged. Only 5 paid holidays a year.
Pros
Cons
Employee value is not recognized but only ignored
Productive workplace. Fun atmosphere.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Bank of England was a strict company, but also loose and a fun place to work at. I learned great customer service. A lot of leadership skills as well as working in teams. Management was tremendous from the bottom of the ladder all the way to the CEO.
Pros
Free lunch and Benefits for production
Training
Part Time Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCNovember 9, 2018
I had no official training but when I first started and honestly it was due to personal issues of the Manager had outside the Company, Also my Father was terminally ill and had to leave.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Training
Toxic & Horrid
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Bank of England San Diego is absolutely horrid. The office its self is dirty and no one cleans it. The people who work there are slobs, walking around barefoot and in pajamas. Management will go one 3 hour lunch breaks and come back high and drunk. Sometimes some of them will even sleep at the office. Constant yelling and cussing, constant meetings of management yelling and pulling staff down. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Great place to work it is a growing company
Senior Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 30, 2018
Bank of England is a wonderful place to work.

Management is great and willing to help when needed.

I have learned a lot from this company and group of professionals.

I would strongly suggest working for this company.
Pros
Great support staff
Cons
Market is shifting
Work review
ENG Lending (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 23, 2018
The Bank of England company was a wonderful place to work and further a career. The company is large and well managed. Working with the staff in the main office was always friendly and professional.
Pros
Well managed company
Cons
Nature of the industry- rate go higher which causes slow daons and layoffs.
very nice people
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIAugust 27, 2018
Leads were very bad. No room to improve and workers were put on a draw. Not able to pay your bills. There should be a salary based pay including commission.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
very bad leads, very low morale
Salary is not competitive and the training is poor.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2018
Most of the people are good to work with. Most jobs are stagnant with no room to grow, unless you move outside the realm and learn the mortgage industry. The accounting department does not offer a whole lot of growth, as the controller trains very little.
Pros
Most of the people are good to work with.
Cons
Medical benefits, training, climbing the ladder, salary
Typical Net Branch business
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  DublinMarch 26, 2018
Your experience will vary based on whatever branch Manager you are working for. These are net branch by nature and Corporate is only interested in volume and not how the branch is operated even if outside of the laws.
Pros
50 state platform no licensing
Cons
Clueless amatuer management
management
JR LOAN ORIGINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2018
The branch manager was extremely intelligent and was able to show me the in and outs of the mortgage business from a-z. it was a very fast paced call center type of office averaging about 200 calls daily located in NY,NY a few blocks from time square so transportation was very easy and accessible. Management here was very very good which was a huge plus.
Pros
management
Cons
lack of follow through and closings
Confidential
Mortgage Banker/Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  N Ridgeville, OhMarch 16, 2018
Bank of England Mortgage is a division of Bank of England, a locally owned community bank located in England, Arkansas. We provide our clients with the expertise and services that are traditionally offered by the largest financial services institutions in the country - with the integrity of a local community bank.
Working from home was a plus
Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora OhioFebruary 28, 2018
It was a nice plus to be able to work from home. Management could have been more helpful when it came to problem solving. Pay/bonus was not what was expected. Work load seemed to advance with no extra benefits.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Great place to lean on banking guide lines
ENG Lending (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
We offer not only great benefits, but also the benefit of working as a team, with an openness between departments in a rare family-like atmosphere. That is why employees make The ENG Bank their career, not just their employer. See which of our openings could be your niche, and work where you have the satisfaction of making more than a salary.
Pros
incentives
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed the work environment. It was fast paced where we were encouraged to make sales calls and meet with Realtors, Divorce Attorneys, CPA's etc.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
I have spent the past 20+ years as a loan officer in Atlanta, GA, but have decided to return to my hometown of Portland, Maine.

A typical day at Bank of England consisted of me making at least a dozen sales calls daily then scheduling meetings and appointments with various Realtors, Attorneys, CPA's, etc. to get referrals from them. I would then meet with the clients and work up loan proposals for them to review. From there, I originated the loan and begin the loan process.
I learned various additional computer skills and sales techniques. Our branch was one of nearly 60 nationwide and we were consistently a top producer. My branch manager will forever be one of my closest friends.
The hardest part of the job honestly was the Atlanta traffic. With over 6 million people in Greater Atlanta traffic is typically heavy throughout the day. This could make it difficult and frustrating to schedule and get to meetings. Plus my commute was nearly an hour and a half each way.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a loan closed on time with all parties being 100% satisfied.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
New government regulations have made the loan process very tedious.
Poor working conditions
SR. LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Trying to get a loan closed was very hard and there wasn't a lot of help in trying to get it funded on time. The management helped out very little and with very little name recognition it was hard to market the company.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Hard to close loans on time
how my days run
Final Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2017
Worked 8-9 hours a day. I learned how to work the backside of the mortgage. My management was the hardest part of my job. I had three managers within two years, The work culture was very cut throat. my hardest part of my job was trying to get the corrections needed on the documents once they had already been signed and recorded, I enjoyed my co-workers and working with other banks to get thing complete,
Pros
being within walking distance of places to eat for lunch.
Cons
Having to walk 7 blocks from our work office and having to cross a very busy street to get to work..
Manager works well with office employees
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe AZDecember 6, 2017
Typical Outside Loan Officer duties

was told company provides Lending Tree leads daily

that does not happen

workplace culture was okay

hardest part of job is not getting leads that was promised
A typical day was great
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEOctober 19, 2017
I was very happy working for this company but this was a division decision to leave . I went but it has not paid off for me .If I had it my way I would have stayed at the Bank of England . The flow was great and everything was going great
Steer Clear
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2017
zero to little training. loan officers untrained and clueless. terrible loans with lots of fallout. poor management at ohio branch. very secretive management. very little communication. dishonest with employees. i would not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of England. Our community is ready to answer.