Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Productive envicorment
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXJanuary 30, 2018
On a typical work day of mine I would review accounts that were over drawn, accounts that had mistakes when opening as well as helping other branches in need. Being a teller I handled a lot of cash flow between me and the customer but also with my co workers. I also did basic maintenance forms for customers over the teller line. If need be I would take them into the office for further assistance while being discreet.
The hardest part of my job was keeping a poker face when customers are upset. I understood they were not frustrated with me personally but with the situation that brought them to said frustration. The part I enjoyed the most is learning new things. The company has been around for many years and it was amazing to be there while they were evolving.
I would defiantly recommend anyone to work there,
Great Work Environment
Trust Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day at work was routined. I advanced my skills in Excel, with finding means of budgeting expenses. The management was great and wanted everyone to succeeded.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very productive work environment
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 10, 2018
Very fast paced, well run (fantastic branch manager), very positive workplace, great customer base and extremely rewarding 3 years spent at the branch.
Normally not too hectic. Regular hours worked were flexible. Management expected certain requirements from our department.
VP Leasing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 7, 2018
Was fairly laid back working environment. Hours were flexible at first. But later required more working hours, depending on our work load. Learned from the staff and customers. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Work enviroment was more casual than accustomed to.
Cons
Sometimes schedule was hectic and requirements were demanding.
Relaxed environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 4, 2018
It was a very friendly place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the people that I worked with and the customers that I served. The training was extensive and thorough.
Good bank to work at
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Overall if you in the financial world and want banking experience, this is good fit. I was employed with Bank of the Ozarks as part-time in their computer system. Over the next three months of my employment I quickly became a full-time employee working 40hrs and more. The problem became that I was working the hours, but still listed part-time in their system, therefore excluding me from all benefits of a fulltime employee for over 9months of my employment.
Pros
Pay is good, Hours are Good
Cons
Dont look for advancement, and Management is a lack their of
Overall banking culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 30, 2017
It is the typical banking culture in this industry. You can have very slow times and also very hectic and stressful times. It all depends on customer traffic. It is a fast paced environment that requires good knowledge of rules, regulations, and attention to details. Customer service is a priority.
Typical Day At Work
Head Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 18, 2017
My typical day at the bank begins between 8-8:30. It is pretty laid back unless it is the beginning of the month. You are only required to work one Saturday a month.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
horrible management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72223December 18, 2017
Horrible management. I was laid off with 14 others Nov 28th, a month before Christmas. Followed to restroom when i would get up from my desk. My manager didn't know how to do my job, everything i learned i taught myself. The most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers, I left Bank of the Ozarks with many friends.
Management is good
Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2017
Management is good.Investigator See job detail • Interpret results and present findings and recommendations,
• Complete Dispositions/Narratives as needed.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Decent job to learn and move forward
Teller/CSR II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 11, 2017
Decent job to learn the fundamentals of banking, and move forward to find a new position. The training is fairly extensive and thorough. There is a very structured environment, which is good for the workplace.
Great Bank to Work For
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 3, 2017
I loved my job and the people at Bank of the Ozarks. Everyone was super friendly and helpful in training. Hours were set hours and you had to make sure you were there on time or else you can get written up. But it's a bank so it is understandable.
Pros
Nice Management and Employees
Cons
Strict Hours
Not recommended
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2017
The work is challenging and makes you think. However, the management does not respect those below them. I would not recommend working at this bank unless you want to travel back to the 1980's way of banking.
Teller / New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Western Grove, AROctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Bank of the Ozarks and enjoyed my customers. A typical day at work included opening new accounts and making deposits for customers. The workplace was laid back. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance all job duties.
Pros
Disccounts with phone companies
Cons
Expenisve healthcare
I worked at bank of the ozarks jus for a job before I went to college to start my career
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Paris, ARSeptember 28, 2017
This particular branch was an okay place to work there was alot of tension between employees though. It had its busy and slow times but overall was a good job.
Decent Job but Not What I Was Hired For
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GASeptember 26, 2017
When I was hired I was led to believe the job was more of a customer service job/behind a desk. Wasn't that way at all. Was instead a glorified teller. Was told there was a ton of advancement opportunities, and several ways to improve yourself too. Discovered this was not the case at all. The stress from feeling like I'd made a poor choice in choosing the job added to the stress that I experienced when I was left on island in the teller window where I'd do upwards of 3/4's of the bank's daily business. It didn't help that I felt my manager hated me. When I started to struggle and no help came, that became pretty obvious. Mercifully the plug was pulled and I was able to get out.
Pros
Hour for lunch. Great time off. Decent benefits. Corporate Training.
Cons
Unreal workplace drama. Stressful.
One of the fastest growing most profitable banks in country.
Human Resource Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 26, 2017
Bank of the Ozarks is one of the fastest growing most profitable banks in the country. It is a good place to work. However, the banks benefits package is not very competitive.
Horribly run
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
The branch I worked at was horribly run. No work was done to help the financial rep bring in new business. No foot traffic, either. Co-workers did not cross sell at all.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat at, osphere
Bank of the Ozarks as a whole is good to work for.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I think with all of the different banks that Bank of the Ozarks buy, they need to get all of the employees on the same page to make a great work environment.
The WORST work experience ever.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2017
The management reflects small bank mentality. The majority of management are not qualified to manage the size or complexity of a large bank. They discourage new ideas in order to protect their jobs and major internal problems are hidden and not reported to protect the status quo. The worst work experience ever.
Pros
Not alot
Cons
Managememt mentality