Bank of the West
55Below average

Bank of the West Employee Reviews

United States1,300 reviews
Found 1,300 reviews matching the search
I have no complaints. The company has lots of room for growth as long as you do what is asked of you and has nice quarterly incentives. Benefits are also very nice.
Horrible
Over all technology was old and not a positive work environment at all. Keep your eyes open, everything was poor from little to nothing. A lot of turn over.
love the working environment
nice working environment .
friendly colleagues.

Achievable goals.

i love working at the bank , i wish they give more wages/ salaries to their employees,
Terrible managers
They've got new managers that have been there for about 7 months. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing and make things up, and make you do illegal things to try and undermine you or get you fired. If I needed any help, most of the time they'd ignore me. They will not have your back and will try to keep hr out of things and make stuff up against you so
they can fire you. HR is never there to help. The work is easy there. But the managers are absolutely horrible. My entire time I there I dreaded it.. even if your a stellar performer, if yours not Hispanic, or a female there, they wont like you.
Nice Work Culture

Visa Sponsorship for Analytics profile

Nice 401K option even for new employees

Healthcare benefits
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Commitment
Worked there 18 years. A company who stands behind their employees. They are appreciative for everything that is done. They are very open minded should an employee want to speak out
Pros
Good working environments
Cons
Communting
Great pplace to work
I started there years ago and the culture and team were great, it went down hill a bit as culture slowly changed from BoW to BNP. Many of the top people left after.
Fast track Company
You will have fun and need to be quick and punctual.
The work will become repetitive but ever changing.

Nice people and understanding management all around.
Gave a 2 cent raise after a yr
Manager was terrible just ruled I’m sure other branches were great but mines wasn’t employee can and went because of the work environment customers were great some weren’t the gifts from loyal customer and nice words were better than the job it self
Terrible
Horrible place to work i was there for one year and four months management if very poorly people would quit very often I wouldn’t recommend it at all.
Good company to work for
I have enjoyed working for the bank for the most part. Management is great and helpful but customers can be rude at times. A con would be the poor pay.
Pros
Great place to work for and get banking experience
Cons
wage pay and annual pay raises
If you like the status quo you'll like it here
Not much to say about this company, other than it's a very outdated bank, senior leadership has a hard time adapting to new business practices, and ideas. If you like technologically archaic, close minded, traditional environments, you'll like it here.
Work place diversity
Overall, very poor leadership of the current executive team. Could not find a balance of prioritizing workplace inclusion and diversity, while at the same time alienating long time loyal employees and managers, who grew the bank over the last 20 years prior.
Pros
Inclusion
Cons
BNP & US executives can not execute and deliver the needs of customers.
Sales Culture only
Bank culture to sell credit cards and additional products to existing customers that appear in que on computer. Customers were encouraged to close one existing credit card to open a new BOW CC. Talked via telephone and in person to customers at drive-thru. Encouraged by branch manager to meet quota and then let go from my job.
Management does not care for their employees
If you are a male, do not apply for the northeast Colorado region. The regional manager is vindictive and lies about things you have done with zero proof. HR does not step in they don't even answer the phone. You might want to look at US Bank first before going to Wells Fargo 2.0 and being told to slam products.
Worst Bank in the Dallas/Ft.Worth Regions
Poor customer service and overall business practices. Treat bank employees with a total lack of respect.
The officers have a low priority when it comes to servicing the community needs. That is true with all bank branches.
Needs to improve in technology and personal
Support it’s a huge key for success and I was not getting the support. Processing department too slow and lock of personal
There is a lot of delays and appraiser can’t schedule the appraisal right away due that they don’t have enough appraisers
Productive and fun workplase
I appreciate my job and the working environment. I look forward to coming to work every day and learning new things. I have a great manager that keeps us informed and updated
Work environment
I am always learning here. The bank is always challenging and co workers sre very supportive and helpful when assistance is needed. Work from home options are available and the benefits are good
Not what it should be
My first manager was very knowledgeable but called in or left early all the time, my second manager was the best she was very knowledgeable but also a strict manager but it was what we needed however when I switched to a different branch my manager sat on her phone all day and didn't care to learn about the company at all. She wanted her tellers to hit their goals so she could get a pay out but we didn't feel it was necessary to do the work anymore. She didn't care, she was only hired on because she knew the branch manager from her old job. Thankfully she is not in banking anymore. I feel like the up selling and goals are hard to meet and it puts too much pressure on the employees. Thats why a lot of people quit.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
They will hire anyone, a lot of up-selling
n/a
Time was short their but they had great break room and great culture. Training needs to be longer and more concise it was only a week and they expect you to learn everything a lil to fast.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the West. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bank of the West.