Bankers Life Employee Reviews

Found 1,211 reviews matching the search See all 1,214 reviews
Hello
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 22, 2018
Working at the Care’s is good but it’s a commission only job so I am looking for a position at night to for fill my bills.I am hoping to find something in the evening. But bakers five is a good culture
Pros
Flexible hours nice management
Cons
Commission only
mindnumbing
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 22, 2018
it is mind numbing to dial 600 numbers everyday before you go home and not have one answer. not to mention your pay can always be taken back if the customer cancels.
Cons
mindnumbing
Not a good company
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Seems to take advantage of old people. Its main business is in Insurance for the elderly. The products and management are not trustworthy. Once educated in the business I realized they are not a good company.
Pros
Independent
Cons
No Benifits
Amazing culture, great training, unlimited earning potential.
Sales Agents (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2018
Amazing culture, great training, unlimited earning potential. You have plenty of support behind you. Everyone wants you to be successful. Great management team. It is a good career! If you are currently job searching Bankers is a great option.
Pros
Amazing culture, great training, unlimited earning potential
Commission Only??
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 18, 2018
This job wouldn't have been terrible if you were paid hourly. But it was commission only, which is terrible. They teach you through computer videos, touch up on it, and then go over ways to sell the product. You literally learn more from the training material that you have to do to get an insurance license. Speaking of said license you have to pay for that too, but at least the study materials are free. You get to make your own schedule which is great, but it doesn't matter if you're not making money. Unfortunately people don't find the importance of life insurance.
Good Insurance Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTSeptember 18, 2018
My reasons for leaving have nothing to do with Bankers life.
The company is focused on doing the right thing by clients.
There is a strong emphasis on complying with rules, regulations, and ethical standards.
The hardest part of the job is prospecting, and the company could do more to ease the learning curve related to prospecting and dealing with prospect objections:
While competitive, it is all taken in perspective, and collaboration with other agents is encouraged and supported.
The most satisfying part of the job is working with clients and solving problems they didn't know existed before meeting with you.
Pyramid Scheme, Scam-like Organization
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Bankers Life is the organization that you work for while you are waiting for better opportunities to surface. It's a very low-skill environment, which reflects the management style to a T. You receive no benefits package, unless you manage to climb the corporate ladder, and everything is commission based only. In our area, the only people who stayed in this position were High School drop-outs that were wanting a get-rich-quick scheme, and house moms who needed something to pass the time while their kids were at school. This is absolutely not a professional career, and you will not receive training, nor will you be rewarded for your efforts. There are significantly better options to pursue if you want to make a commission off your work--Bankers Life is NOT it.
Pros
Cons
Low skill managers, no benefits, commission only, no training
Right fit for my career objectives
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 16, 2018
Needed an opportunity to make a good living without the constraints of a full time salary position. I still put in full time hours but I set my own schedule and the opportunity to sell will continue as long as people get older.
Pros
Culture of training and collaboration, opportunity to make above average income
Cons
No guarantees. Requires contacting people and scheduling your own appointments.
Bankers Mtg. Review
Life Agent (Former Employee) –  Chico, CA 95928September 16, 2018
After receiving your Ins. License, you tag along with a more seasoned agent to learn the trade. It's difficult and you spend a couple hours each day calling on leads. Very hard work and like network marketing, only the gifted can achieve financial reward
Bankers changed my life
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Clarkston miSeptember 16, 2018
I started bankers the same as everyone else. I got a call to interview from my posted resume. I had ZERO sales experience. Worked as a restaurant manager for 15+ years. This career changed my life. No more weekends and holidays. And I can advance as fast as I want to. You have to work hard, but the work itself isn’t hard. After one year I doubled my salary and was promoted. It’s 100% commission so when I need to make more money I work more.... it’s that simple. There is a ton of money in life insurance sales positions, but only if you want to work for it. The leads are leads, they are what you make of them. All sales jobs are the same the weak quit and the determined flourish. If you don’t have the ability to learn and grow and just want a 9-5 job this isn’t for you. If you want and incredible opportunity that is rewarding and can change your life financially... you should look into it. Don’t listen to everyone who quit cuz it was “hard” or the “the leads were bad” listen to those who worked hard and made a TON of cash
Pros
Flexible hours. Growth opportunities
Cons
Hard work
Bankers life
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 15, 2018
do not feel as if the stated salary was honored. everything is commission. unbelievably difficult to enjoy this type of job. culture was miserable to work in and was very dry.
Poor managed company
LIFE INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CASeptember 15, 2018
Job required sourcing leads. Leads provided were of poor quality and inconsistent. I learned the insurance business and sales. Initially my direct manager was excellent but eventually there were changes which degraded the local staffing and opportunities. Culture degraded and a Sr. manager left and took 14 agents and started his own company. This led to eventual shut down of facility. Working during reorganization and shut down of facility made it difficult to focus on sales. Leads stopped. I met many young motivated people and the technical negotiations of the sales process was interesting.
Pros
interfacing with coworkers and external customers directly in sales meetings
Cons
Management turnover
Enjoyed meeting new prospects
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 15, 2018
Bankers Life did not turn out to be at all what I was expecting from the briefing I attended. There was NO training or assistance in learning the products, and they expected you to be working on your own after only a week or 2 of poor training. The leads were cold and often recycled amongst agents. You’re expected to work 12 hours a day and still turn up with nothing, because there’s no travel compensation. Everything is purchased from your own pocket. The BSM was very negative and wasn’t very motivational at all. They stated it was basically self employment, but had us doing a lot of competitive teamwork. The only plus is, I met a great network of people and even some good coworkers to help deal with the condescending BSM. I’d rate my total experience, a 5 out of 10. If they would be more hands on and helpful in training, the office could be successful.
Pros
Flexibility in hours to work around personal schedule
Cons
Long hours and no guaranteed pay
Good Company
Field Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Company is good. Products are 3 steps behind competition. Products are over priced. Technology available for use is lacking, have to use your own computer or laptop. Pay is commission only, no hourly or salary. Must use own vehicle.
Bankers Life is a great company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  My Home in Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working from home setting appointments for the agents. I was able to help people by answering some of their questions and was able to meet my quota from the comfort of my own home and never had a complaint. My calls were mostly joyful.
Pros
work from home and care for my handicap child
Cons
not any really
Poor management skills
Agent/ Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2018
The training is great, you get your license, which is a great tool to have for future potential opportunities. However, management threatens you to come in to the office for unnecessary meetings, when we are not employees we are strictly 1099. They also charge you for your leads and say that those $100 a month go towards keeping the office open, when we are paying for our leads and the managers keep all the leads and only provide us agents recycled leads which makes it harder to prospect, having us use all our money on gas and time and leaving us to make no money. The El Paso office are thieves and are unfair and are willing to suck you dry for their benefit. I do not recommend this company to NO ONE! This office will not grow with management like this. So the posting when it states that your income is at 60k to 100k it is a lie, because the managers are stealing your money and ruining your chances of becoming successful.
Pros
License, training
Cons
Too many to list
It was an okay job. I was not prepared for the pay backs.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2018
You worked on your own schedule. The lead that were given were not given equally. You meet a lot of different people. You are not tied to a desk all day.
To Good to Be True
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 12, 2018
The training they provide you is on the business model they prepared but they do not help or provide any training on how to actually become a good agent. You are thrown to the wolves and immediately expected to become a top seller.
Pros
Not Many
Cons
To many to list
High risk no reward
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Unfortunately with this position there just wasn't enough follow through in all the opportunity that is talked about. You will have to spend a lot of time working that you didn't intend to in the beginning
not for everyone
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Working here, you have to have a specific type of personality. You must be very passionate, hard working, detail oriented, able to teach yourself, and willing to push through the hard times. This company does offer an amazing opportunity,however, you must work very very very hard to reach that point.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bankers Life. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight