Play YouTube video button

Bankers Life Employee Reviews

United States1,743 reviews
Found 1,743 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Bankers Life selected this as a representative review
Great career opportunity that grows with you if self-motivated
Amazing time to start a career in this field as the market place is constantly expanding as is the opportunities. Ability to set your own schedule so you can decide what events in life are important for you to attend. Unlimited income potential. If you want to make more all you have to do is work more. No need to ask for more hours/overtime approval. This is why I enjoy a career that is 100% commission based. My income is completely tied to my effort. I know I never have to worry about being paid the same as someone who doesn't deserve it because everyone gets the same commission rates. You have to earn it. Local and international trips available for business and pleasure that the company sponsors and pays for. Management/Leadership opportunities are available within your first year. Training and opportunity available for you to become a financial advisor within your first year. They will give you 125% of your tuition costs for taking certification classes for your insurance career upon completion of course. You receive renewal commissions just for keeping your current clients every year. They contribute between 7-15% of your income each year into a program similar to a 401k that you can contribute to as well, but you don't have to to get company contribution. Quarterly bonus program ranging from $600-$60,000 every 3 months. New agent bonus programs available that help jump-start a career. Great training available in person and online. Trainers actually go on appointments with you so you can learn by watching.
You must be self-motivated and hard working. You are becoming a
 - more...
Not a sustainable industry for most people.
This industry is very competitive. Lots of promises of potential but not much for support. Lots of blame if you are not successful. Similar to MLM where management benefits from your sales. Very disappointed with nepotusm rampant.
Fun and Productive place to work.
Lovely, inclusive family culture at Bankers life. Ability to set your own schedule so you can decide what events in life are important for you to attend. Unlimited income potential. If you want to make more all you have to do is work more. No need to ask for more hours/overtime approval.
commission only
Commission only, hours put in does not compare. Long hours with little pay. Nice employees and nice meeting people. I enjoyed working there just wasn't lucrative for me.
expect high pressure productivity
the training you receive is essential to move to another more flexible broker. It is closer to a sweatshop than a contracted employer. Great training place for rookies.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Good place to start off in insurance industry
Good place to start out in insurance industry lots of leads and training good practices of getting new agents business but some people can be selfish so be careful
bad company
the manger in savannah is a liar if your a young female you are good mark and cletois are only care about themselves dont trust them they set people up to fail i they cant keep managers or agents high turnover
Don't do it
Not a good place to work. No help from management. They play favorites. No adequate training. More time and money spent than received. Extremely clicky.
Good training but terrible company
If you want to begin a career in the insurance industry this is a great place to start. I will say, their training was amazing but that is all the good they have.
Their monthly premiums are so high compared to their competition (so selling will be very hard)

No work life balance for the fist at least six months probably more.

the residuals are only paid to you for 6 years instead of for the life of the policy

You will be doing a lot of door knocking
I got scammed
They made me believe that I would make so much money (40k-60k), but I spent 3 months there making cold calls and knocking on random people's doors. Not only did I not get paid a dime, I lost so much of my time, money and motivation by being there for 3 months. They basically scammed me. I graduated from a top college and did not even get paid minimum wage there. Couldn't sue them because they somehow convinced me to sign this contract that I'm just an independent contractor, so technically not an employee. But I worked there 8 hours a day for 3 months. They got everyone working for them for free. A company like this shouldn't even exist.
Cons
dishonesty, exploitative, greedy
Job sucked
Not a good experience , manager was not people skills not what I was told not for this girl the experience was with the wrong manager company was not wort working for go somewhere else
Pros
Other agents
Cons
Manager
Waste of time
Very disorganized unprofessional management, renewals dont last forever, environment was uncomfortable due to management. They charge $200-300 just to work there vs other companies don’t charge anything. This place holds you as a captive agent so you can’t go anywhere else and make more money. Management will talk and say they will help train and develop you but they don’t they sit by and watch the new agents struggle while the higher ups piggy back off sales. They also offer prizes that they write off with their takes and claim they are doing you a favor when they take 2-300 from you every month.
Management lacking
Micromanagers. Most leads are recycled and are sometimes years old. Lack of people skills.They provide supplies and training, however, they expect you to stick to an exact script.
Progressive and supportive work environment.
I absolutely love working here. Since day one I've had the support of all of my co-workers and managers. There is so much money to be made with this company, I can't wait to see where I am in 6 months. The company not only pushes you to be a great agent by guiding you through the licensing process and thorough trainings, but they also motivate you to become your best self all around.
Great Work Environment and Company
I really enjoy coming in to the office to work. There's a flexible schedule available to us and the incentives always seem to be growing. If you put in the work, it shows when you get paid. Very nice fellow employees and they are helpful and make training much easier than I anticipated
100% commission
You don’t get paid while training! Unfortunately you better have money in bank as it takes time to earn money. Some of the top producers are like used car salesmen
Pros
Cons
No money
Awesome Place & Environment To Build & Start An Insurance Career
I have received all the tools, incentives, and direction from management and staff to begin a successful career in the Insurance business. The culture is great and everyone cares about your success! Sky is the Limit!
Not a good place
They have you working all hours of the day seven days of the week. It is a commission job. When it comes time to pay they skim you out of your money, not paying you everything that you're owed. Then when you leave they say that you owe them and add a charge on your account so you can't work for another insurance company.
Great place to enter the insurance industry
A typical day at work consisted of making cold calls to obtain a fair number of weekly appointments with clients. Learned a great deal of regulations related to insurance industry.
On your own
I was introduced to a field trainer that was supposed to help me set my goals, understand the company, products and culture and provide me with the tools to be successful. I could rarely get them to spend any time with me and was basically on my own for the first month and a half which is a critical time for reaching the fast start goals. (Which, eventually, another manager told me about)) I realize that every location is different and I sincerely hope that my experience was unique. It was just not a good fit for me at all. I have moved on and am very happy. I’m grateful for the experience as I was more clear on what I did want in a career
productive work enviornment
Job interviews were very straight forward.
Bankers will higher 90% of people that apply

High turn-over rate as an insurance producer

Great training process
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bankers Life. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.5
2.5
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight