Bankers Trust Employee Reviews

Na
Client Services, Private Placement Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
It was my 1st job into Corporate America, therefore it was a lot of material to cover as well as performing the daily functions. It was a priceless experience.
Productive work place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
There was room to grow within the company. The benefits were great, the flexibility was outstanding and management took care of the employees. The company would hold Christmas parties (holiday) and would give away trips.
Change of pace
Closing Supervisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 4, 2018
I had been advised it would be leading a change within our area and that I would be re-vamping our process and procedures and introducing change. this did not happen. It is the good ole boys club. Lots of exceptions to the procedures depending on who you know. They do care about their people and are VERY inclusive. they are slowing getting upto speed with updated benefits and extras for their employees. I think over all a good place to work, regrettably I was in a department that was not a good place.
Pros
Caring people you work with- good work friendships
Cons
management is not good or open to change
It was OK
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2018
Very formal atmosphere. Not stressful. Upper management is not accessible. My immediate manager was OK. It's downtown, but Bankers Trust allows for free parking.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management not accessible
Internship was very informational
Internship (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2018
The internship I was involved in was very eye opening. I got to experience what it was like to work in a bank and for a bank, I also go to meet with some of the higher ups involved in Bankers Trust.
Very good company for women to work.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great financial company to work for. It merged with Deutsche Bank. It had many perks after disaster recovery testing. I was very generous with vacations and family leave.
retirement plans
401k Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 10, 2018
first job out of college and it was a learning experience. Learned much about the retirement plan cycle. month end and quarter end are stressful times
Old line wall street merchant bank. Now part of Deutsche Bank.
Manager, Commercial Paper Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Old line wall street merchant bank. Now part of Deutsche Bank. Don't have any experience with the culture of the new organization. Good reputation both in Europe and the US.
Decent place to work
Electronic Banking (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bankers Trust. The people are friendly and make work fun. There are few advancement opportunities. Senior level managers are good to the company and want everyone to succeed. Mid-level managers struggle to help their employees advance their careers. A lot of stagnation.
Great Coompany
Workgroup Leader (CSS (Former Employee) –  NYC/NYSSeptember 5, 2017
The best and longest job I had. I miss it. it was like home. It still is!!! I love you XEROX, Always and Forever!!!
You guys were and still are THE BEST!

A Great Company!
Pros
All Good
Great Company to Work For
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 10, 2017
I wish managers were friendlier with people below them. Amazing benefits! I have worked with them for 12.5 years and have noticed it difficult to advance.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Advancement and managers
A terrible place
Vice President - Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I hated my time at Bankers Trust. The co-workers were the worst I've ever had and the management group was either indifferent or outright hostile. My best day there was my last day.
Fun work place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 25, 2017
The bankers trust i have worked at had excellent management almost no drama between customers, overall it was a pleasure working for bankers trust at the time.
Okay
Dive Now Project (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 4, 2017
I barely even worked here it was a required part of my school. I'm going to use as many characters that I have to use. Bleh Bleh Okay whatever. Am I done yet?
unorgainized no longer exists
Manager, Frank Russell Client Service Team (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2017
Company has long since been acquired by Deutsche Bank, I was only there a short time and found the departmentalized approach to their organizational model made it difficult to resolve issues.
Good place to work. It simply is a good place to be to earn your pay and to be of service.
Foot Messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
I was entirely satisfied with the workplace culture. It was a
fair, measured place to be re employment. I did not have any complaints at all. Training was provided on where to deliver items and packages.
Pros
Fair Mgmt.
Cons
N/a
Very productive and nice place to work. Offered a sense of community
Bank Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Located in the heart of New York CityApril 20, 2017
Excellent place to work. Offered an opportunity for advancement and was overall a great opportunity to grow as a professional. We dealt with international money transfers. Gained a lot of knowledge of other countries currencies.

Bank merged and I was laid- off.
Pros
Was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Cons
Nothing negative to say.
Excellent Company
Institutional Trust Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
Largest private bank in IA. Love the vision and direction of the CEO. I've always enjoyed seeing him around the building - he was very visible to all employees.
Was a good company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Purchased by another bank so no longer operating as Bankers Trust.
Worked on a cutting edge system in a legacy computer environment.
Management determined that there were many fails on trades being done where the trader scribbled a ticket after having done a deal and the back office had to interpret the traders handwriting.
System was developed that I participated in where the trader had to enter the key components of the trade into system( transaction type, counterparty, amount, rates and dates).
Fails reduced drastically after system implemented and volumes increased as well.
Pros
Cuting edge
Cons
Budgetr issues
Excellent Employer.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2016
Bankers Trust offered employees the ideal work place environment. Employees were completely satisfied with the overall job experience. Training was excellent and assisted in developing employees skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bankers Trust. Our community is ready to answer.