BankUnited Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 15, 2019
I was fortunate to work with some of the best people I've met. It wasn't for very long but this was honestly the best job I've ever had. I left because I moved away but had I not I would still be here. This is a great company and they only hire the best! It has been a privilege working here.
Pros
Management, Working Conditions, Benefits
Goal Driven Across the Board
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Very goal-oriented bank, because it is a demanding work environment the compensation can be better than comparable positions (this was not the case when I worked there). If you like being driven like a racehorse, you will enjoy the work environment.
Former Employee
former branch employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Orlando, FL area-Branch Service Leader in particular is the worst I have ever seen. Micro managed, lied to, very manipulative. No wonder the employee turnover is so
High there. Run and don’t look back they make it sound awesome but it isn’t. One year was more than enough for me when I worked there.
Pros
Pay, time off
BankUnited
Customer Service Rep I (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I can honestly say I have learned a lot from BankUnited, they gave me my first real opportunity and chance to learn banking at only 18 years old. I have gotten knowledge not only on the retail side of the bank but I also received some knowledge on residential and commercial loans as well.
Good environment
Vice President Business Relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2019
The typical day consisted of reviewing client portfolio and following up with client calls to discuss sales opportunities. My manager was helpful and supportive.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellent and Positive Work Environment
AVP Residential Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2018
A great opportunity to work with some of the top talent in the industry. Motivated to go to work every day, and to get in early. The workload is heavy, but there is a lot of support to get it done.
Pros
Too many to name
Best Place I've worked.
Bank Operations Activities Committee Chair (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
I have been with BankUnited for 11 1/2 years. The last 9 1/2 have been the best as I have had the privilege to work with one of the most amazing Executive Vice Presidents for Mortgage Servicing any bank employee could hope for.
Pros
Flexibility in hours, leadership and co-workers.
Life of a Branch Quality Manager
Branch Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 20, 2018
A typical day consists of assisting clients in the lobby and the tellers This includes opening accounts and authorizing transactions. I have learned that no two clients are the same. Their needs may be the same but the approach must be different. The hardest part of the job is not always being able to fully satisfy the client due to policies or Federal Regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to satisfy the client and they, in turn, refer a friend or a family member to you.
Pros
Personalized service
Cons
no scope for advancement
It's actually a good place
ABC Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLNovember 13, 2018
The problem is where it's located: Whether you live 5 miles or 30 miles away - still takes 30 to 50 min to get there. The last 3 miles take at least 30 min; whether you come from the south, north, east or west. I stayed at a hotel less than a mile away and it took 15 min to get to work, So I walked the rest of the week.
Pros
GYM. Cafe
Cons
Drive and location
Woudn't even bank here
Client Care Rep II (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 6, 2018
Forget recommending people to work here, I wouldn't even BANK here. This bank is more in the business of catering the wealthy then providing services. This is coming from someone with over two years experience working at one of the largest banks in the US. Anyone looking to work for this company better be ready to make cold calls to businesses and former account holders as this bank does no traditional marketing to attract new clientele. This is a financial institution that refuses to provide its employees with direct deposit to any external bank account but will never mail your paper check on time. Think about that for a minute. This is a bank that rather spend money on postage in 2018 and delay your pay as much as possible through mailing it out on your "pay day" in what appears to be a soft retaliation against employees who rather bank somewhere else.

Do yourself a favor, you can earn just as much working at a place like Walmart or Target without the pressure of making sales while being offered better benefits. I only accepted this job because of how well the bank I previously worked for treated their employees and I thought it would be similar throughout the entire banking industry but boy was I wrong.
Pros
No customers, practically a free paycheck.
Cons
Time passes like watching paint dry unless you're being asked to complete busy work, Constantly unsure if they will layoff employees because of how slow they are.

Want to know more about BankUnited?

Ask a question
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 28, 2018
BankUnited is a very professional place to work. They do things right. However, it is very rigid in work rules. Advancement seems to be based as much on who you know as the quality of your work. There are quality people there. Good managers and bad managers. I enjoyed my time working there and would consider returning if the right opportunity came along.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Rigid work rules, Limited advancement
Good Company
Small Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 25, 2018
Set me up for success! BankUnited offered an amazing opportunity to work with some of the top professionals in the industry. Really enjoyed my time there.
They have a gym and cafeteria in the corporate office
Branch Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 22, 2018
I work at a branch off site don't have the pleasure of taking advantage of freebees. Overall BankUnited is a good company to work for. Bankunited pays fifty percent of healthcare benefts.
Pros
They pay 50% of health care
Cons
Lack of staffing branches
Funder/Post Closer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 20, 2018
Managers are very professional and easy to get along with. Good relationship with management and coworkers. Clean work environment. Overall good place to work.
Bonus is sometimes good
Sales/Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 18, 2018
Meeting goals could be stressful. Co-workers are wonderful. I learned cross selling and customer service. Bonuses are not bad. Overall, I will give this company 7 out of 10.
contract job
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Few month contract job, this was my first contract job as Oracle DBA which is exciting and learning experience. Great environment and team member and the company was bought by other company.
Poor Management
Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 17, 2018
Poor culture, management does not treat workers fair. Peoplle are not very helpful. I would not recommend bank united if you are concerned about work culture.
Corporate culture lacking
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 4, 2018
Good company to gain work experience unfortunately the company does not place much value in it's employees, culture heavy based on cronyism and values sycophants.
Pros
Good place to gain experience
Cons
Great environment and great people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 25, 2018
The People at BankUnited are very nice but still professional .
Great place to advance in your finance career. They also offer tuition reimbursement for those interested in advancing your education.
Pros
environment
Cons
Healthcare
Relaxing and slow-paced environment
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2018
Interning at BankUnited was a great experience. I had the opportunity to learn more about the banking world. If I could do it all over, I would. It was such a calm and slow-paced environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BankUnited. Our community is ready to answer.