Banner Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Consumer Loan (Current Employee) –  washingtonMay 17, 2018
Complete lack of follow through from managers on anything. If someone isn't doing their job, other people have to pick up the slack. They won't address blatant work place harassment
Stay away! Favoritism, racism, and hatred fuel this bank!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2018
Manager discriminated on an hourly basis. If you do not do what she tells you to do (even personal favors) she will make your life miserable at work, as long as you work here.

No room for advancement: Everyone hates eachother here. Yet, nobody has the courage to tell the truth to one another.

Code of conduct is violated daily: Client's are not treated equally: If the manager knows the client personally, she will do personal job endangering favors for that client.

Human resources has no idea how to manage the company when real problems arise.

Upper management is very negative. They are all best friends, which means if you are not in the friend circle good luck!

Other banks pay better, do not waste your time here.

Advice to management: Just because you hate your personal life, does not mean you need to transfer that hatred into the bank during business hours.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Negative Environment
Great training and values to help us grow.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAMay 15, 2018
It's great to work here, but sometimes the team is not there at the same level, and as my role in can make it stressful because I get more to do, I don't mind it but I don't like to get behind of my own duties.
Terrible place to work
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 15, 2018
This company is awful. They allow for a toxic culture and bullying behaviors. This place is like a junior high school full of gossips (sadly this includes management).Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.
Pros
clean restrooms
Cons
everything
Great place
Spokane - Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 25, 2018
I honestly don't mind working for this company. They really take their time in finding the best in employees as well as making sure they work their way to where they want to be.
Unlimited development opportunities
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2018
Banner Bank's culture is one that promotes employee development. If you are ambitious and are always looking for the next step in your career, these leaders will be your champion. They strive for client satisfaction and the core of that is consistency and happy employees. Newly established HR team has brought the bank to a place of paying to market for top talent. Great performance pays off!
Pros
Employee engagement
my particular managers were awesome
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 12, 2018
lets put it this way after being here for 4+ years my branch hired a brand new float teller with zero banking experience and his starting wage was more than mine at the time. so they pay really bad.
Pros
benefits, hours, schedule
Cons
pay
Maybe worth it. Maybe not.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 28, 2018
If you’re going to work here, be happy making what they offer because you probably won’t get a raise. Insurance is nice, benefits are decent, but it’s not worth the amount of stress this job can produce. No advancement opportunities either. At least not that I’ve seen.
I loved working for Banner Bank
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 1, 2018
It was a wonderful experience. Customers were fantastic, co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my co-workers and customers.
credit culture was difficult
Vice President Commercial Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 25, 2018
The credit culture at Banner was a challenge for me. There was a disconnect between our assigned credit officer and the executive credit administrator. The administrative support was problematic at best. My colleagues were good bankers and my team leader, Carole Bentley was great. It just wasn't a good fit and with personal life changes and relocation it was time to move on.
Yes, it looks great on paper, but don't be fooled
Teller (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 23, 2018
While it’s great that most of their positions are full-time jobs, they’ll tell you up front at your interview that there are no opportunities for advancement (or struggle to come up with a way of putting it nicely). They’ll cheat you out of your raises too. For example, if you start on January 2018, you’re not getting your raise until April 2019. Don’t find out the hard way that it’s not worth your time. There are far better places to work for that will start you off at a higher rate of pay. These folks will start you off at the bare minimum.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations For Low Wages
I was happy to work for Banner Bank
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 20, 2018
Banner strives to create a good work environment in order to attract and keep the best employees. In general, Banner is successful in this effort. There have been a few growing pains, but they have been mainly offset by more opportunities for the employees.
Worst place to work
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 15, 2018
If you applied to work at the Yakima main branch good luck with getting anywhere in the bank. I was hired for part-time but I always worked full time and had to work overtime. I was definitely not paid for working full time. The manager is the worst. She is super nice to you when you start and makes you feel welcome but once you've been there for a few weeks she starts treating you like dirt. The supervisor is really racist and it almost always making multicultural people feel bad by making snarky and unwanted comments. The company doesn't do anything about her though because she brings in clientele. Now the coworkers are really the worst of the worst about this place. The coworkers make you feel at home and make you feel apart of a team until you've been with them for a few weeks. They are really racist and have their own little cliques. They all try so hard to get each other in trouble and try to make each other look bad. It's like they have games of trying to get each other fired, which I've definitely seen happen before. This is a toxic workplace and I do not recommend for anyone trying to grow.

The only enjoyable part of this job is the free coffee in the lobby.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement, racist supervisors, competitive and racist coworkers, bad enviroment
Great to their clients
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 6, 2018
I had worked for major banks in the past and was thrilled to work for a smaller community bank. The major difference that I noticed is that the employees were not taken care of as well as I had seen at larger banks. It was a trade off.
Pros
walking distance
Cons
poor compensation
Great Bank to work for
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 30, 2017
Taking care of customers was #1 for the bank.

Getting to know the customers needs was beneficial and rewarding.

Banner strives on Customer Service.
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 7, 2017
I don't think Banner Bank pays fair/competitive wages. Management needs work. Good work/life balance. Industry is packed full of baby-boomers who think millennials are children.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Low pay, poor management, mediocre benefits
Very fast paced sales environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 5, 2017
A great place for someone to learn and grow in the financial industry. Many opportunities for training and advancement. Great benefits and fair compensation.
Trainning and promoting
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 20, 2017
In most training is good, and allowing promotion. Communicate in branches good and letting growth with in. Good heath insurance. Very strum. Knowing products and services.
Good place to work for fresh out of college
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 5, 2017
Good place to work for fresh out of college, friendly and professional staffs, but stressful industry since it's related to all information and money of other people.
Promoting
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 29, 2017
Always something to keep you busy.

They are great for promoting and help to grow.

A wide field customer services, sales, loans, problem solver, and operational.

They had a lot of pressure from their upper management.

Wide range.

The pressure that my manager had and then have to pressure her employees.

When my client ask my co-workers where I am, when not at work.
Able to make them happy, help understand the banking world, explain it to their level of thinking and being there for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight