Banner Bank Employee Reviews

nice people
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Carmel Valley, CASeptember 28, 2018
banner bank has many nice people who come from Walla Walla Washington. The niceness has not spilled out too much into the branches where issues sometimes get lost between the cracks.
you meet alot of interesting people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Riddle, ORSeptember 26, 2018
Always learning something , always meeting very interesting people. you can go to dr when needed, the coworkers adjust to other workers needs.. there are always projects needed done, and reading.
Pros
health insurance is horrible
Professional work environment
Items Processing- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed having the opportunity to work with Banner Bank. Although I believe the company has grown to fast and too big, it's becoming more about the executives and money rather than the employees.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Employees are not cared for as much as they should be, lack of communication between departments
Productive work enviornment
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 22, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients understand and gain new knowledge about their financial needs. I enjoyed for this company.
Constant Catch up feeling
Reg-E Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 16, 2018
Was always feeling like you needed to catch up on the work load understaffed and the work done never felt like it was enough with how far behind the work load always was.
Good company
SVP & Retail Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 13, 2018
-Strong senior leadership; accessible with high integrity
-Conservative credit culture
-Balanced sales and service culture
-Growth oriented and community focused
Fun
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CAAugust 13, 2018
Banner bank is a good company. It pays well, they treat their customers and employees well I would highly recommend them to someone who is applying for a job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Client facing
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 13, 2018
The processing systems are old and in terms of efficiency lacking significantly. Staffing are held accountable for those processes which internal work arounds are established rather than fixing the system.

The culture was better prior to the acquisition of American West. Many of those employees were kept and they do not deliver on to the retail location.
Pros
Culture, work/home balance
Cons
Pay, software programs
Good place to work.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Carmel Valley, CAAugust 11, 2018
Banner has a lot of good people who are pro active and approach business in a fun and professional manner. So many branches but many people are good most really, the bad ones I did not get to meet.
Little room for growth
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 25, 2018
Little room for growth and advancement. I don't think management realizes that good employees what something to work towards. Promotions for mid management are few.
Consumer Loan (Current Employee) –  washingtonMay 17, 2018
Complete lack of follow through from managers on anything. If someone isn't doing their job, other people have to pick up the slack. They won't address blatant work place harassment
Stay away! Favoritism, racism, and hatred fuel this bank!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2018
Manager discriminated on an hourly basis. If you do not do what she tells you to do (even personal favors) she will make your life miserable at work, as long as you work here.

No room for advancement: Everyone hates eachother here. Yet, nobody has the courage to tell the truth to one another.

Code of conduct is violated daily: Client's are not treated equally: If the manager knows the client personally, she will do personal job endangering favors for that client.

Human resources has no idea how to manage the company when real problems arise.

Upper management is very negative. They are all best friends, which means if you are not in the friend circle good luck!

Other banks pay better, do not waste your time here.

Advice to management: Just because you hate your personal life, does not mean you need to transfer that hatred into the bank during business hours.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Negative Environment
Great training and values to help us grow.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAMay 15, 2018
It's great to work here, but sometimes the team is not there at the same level, and as my role in can make it stressful because I get more to do, I don't mind it but I don't like to get behind of my own duties.
Terrible place to work
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 15, 2018
This company is awful. They allow for a toxic culture and bullying behaviors. This place is like a junior high school full of gossips (sadly this includes management).Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.
Pros
clean restrooms
Cons
everything
Great place
Spokane - Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 25, 2018
I honestly don't mind working for this company. They really take their time in finding the best in employees as well as making sure they work their way to where they want to be.
Unlimited development opportunities
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2018
Banner Bank's culture is one that promotes employee development. If you are ambitious and are always looking for the next step in your career, these leaders will be your champion. They strive for client satisfaction and the core of that is consistency and happy employees. Newly established HR team has brought the bank to a place of paying to market for top talent. Great performance pays off!
Pros
Employee engagement
my particular managers were awesome
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 12, 2018
lets put it this way after being here for 4+ years my branch hired a brand new float teller with zero banking experience and his starting wage was more than mine at the time. so they pay really bad.
Pros
benefits, hours, schedule
Cons
pay
Typical Day
Teler/Back up PB (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 5, 2018
A normal day would be processing transactions. the flow of customers is steady and never overwhelming. there is time to learn new traits and expand your knowledge,
Maybe worth it. Maybe not.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 28, 2018
If you’re going to work here, be happy making what they offer because you probably won’t get a raise. Insurance is nice, benefits are decent, but it’s not worth the amount of stress this job can produce. No advancement opportunities either. At least not that I’ve seen.
I loved working for Banner Bank
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 1, 2018
It was a wonderful experience. Customers were fantastic, co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my co-workers and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight