Banner Engineering Corporation Employee Reviews

I choose not to answer
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 10, 2019
I am choosing not to answer this question. I had personal issues with a couple of the employees who made me feel inferior and made it difficult to work at Banner.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJanuary 2, 2019
Aprendi a soldar pequeñas partes , a comunicarme con el equipo de trabajo , y trabajar todos juntos para llegar a nuestras metas.
Stretching beginnings for a productive day.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDNovember 24, 2018
Starting the day with 5 minutes of stretching, which give us time to interact, get prepare to work, give us an update about of what do we need to do in that day, respond questions and make decisions.
I learned that it's important to have a good communication in presence of doubts. Patience and good aptitude.
The hardest part that I had in my job was interact with other people and learn how to deal with differents personalities and moods for maintain a peaceful and enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches and good support.
friendly place
Soldering technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SD 57401October 22, 2018
Great place to work! family oriented, understandable to unforeseen situations with family. Co workers were very friendly and willing to help answer questions.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
not always flexible hours
Best company I have ever worked for
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDOctober 18, 2018
By far my favorite company that I have ever worked for. Absolutely loved everyone i worked with besides one manager but that was only because we clashed heads. Will not name his name. I worked 4 pm-3 am Monday through Friday and they offered overtime which is mandatory. The night shift is very relaxed but also needing to hit certain numbers. The night shift manager is one of the greatest supervisors that I have ever had. It was nice to have a supervisor that actually cared about you as a person and wasn't constantly strict and uptight 24/7. I started working there beginning on day shift which is like 7 or 8 am to 3 or 4 pm. I did not mind it as there were a lot of people working day shift compared to night shift. I enjoyed the night shift because i felt more comfortable and wasn't so crammed in there like day shift was. Things were more hectic on day shift. I got trained very early in a lot of different areas, which really helped me get my foot in the door to Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. I went from working in fast food to now being in Aerospace. I couldn't thank this company enough for teaching me so many different things. Everyone who works at Banner are amazing people. This place isn't cliquey at all. This place felt like a family. There would be free food sometimes in the break room and even have work picnics and get together's. Banner was always clean. It wasn't loud at all either. You could talk to people in a normal voice and there wouldn't be any other noise around. Everyone watches over each other and continues to grow every single day. I worked there for approx.  more... 3 or 4 months and i was trained in soldering, testing LED lights and sensors, building sensors from start to finish, lasering housings, packaging, assembling, and testing circuit boards. I was somewhat called a "floater" because wherever they would need work done, they would put me. Its not like that for other workers though. Workers are usually assigned to one area and they stay there but that wasn't really the case for me. Night shift was more relaxed and I could hop around, and i enjoyed learning new things. 10/10 would recommend Banner Engineering.  less
Nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNAugust 6, 2018
It was a nice place to work, but when the economy was slow back in 2009 they closed this plant. It's too bad that the jobs went to China. I guess profitability was the driving force behind this decision.
Pros
Very nice place to work.
Cons
Plant closed.
An ok company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 7, 2018
Banner has it's ups and downs like any other company. The biggest problem is rapid growth meeting with a severe lack of training. Most people have to figure things out on their own within the first few days. Banner is also not great about making a career path clear to employees. Employees who express a career interest that is outside the current situation are ignored.
Cons
low pay; lack of options for higher level careers
I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 4, 2018
Banner Engineering was a very pleasant place to work. I had quite a lot of experience when I went there so I didn't need much help.
The management was excellent. I was asked if I would come back if business picked up again, and I said yes.
A solid, simple job that is easy to catch on to
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 9, 2018
I would help restock things on shelves, fill out orders, pack boxes, and ship orders throughout the day. Sometimes I would be asked to do odd tasks like cleaning or assembling things. Since I have worked there off and on during summers and winters between school semesters, I am rather knowledgeable on the job and find it a good place to work.
Pros
Paid company picnics/parties, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Heavy lifting required somedays
Ok place to work
Electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDMarch 14, 2018
Its like any other place you might work at. Depending on the shift and what you might do there, is the hours you will get. You will get a full eight hours no doubt! Unless there is bad weather of course. Other than that; its a place of business and they pay you.
Pros
most of the job you sit all day. I loved that part!
Cons
Computers don't work and don't bother asking for help!

Want to know more about Banner Engineering Corporation?

Ask a question
Lack of management and direction
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 14, 2018
Good working atmosphere. Friendly and great co workers.

Organizational changes every 6 to 10 month.

Changing from a small work place to a cut throat larger company.

Micro management. Keeping track on phone calls, when you come in and leave.

I don't trust managers.
Pros
Friendly people, except a few managers
Cons
micro managing
I was happy to goto work loved the work I was hired to do
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDFebruary 19, 2018
I was happy with the career I had for short stint, I had a medical appointment and staff didn't take it into consideration. Duties such as soldering and assembly made me feel content and happy ever day to come to work.
Pros
Nice environment in relation to duties and parts.
Cons
Other employee were vulgar in behavior and vocalizations.
Stressful
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJanuary 24, 2018
The hours weren’t too bad provided you don’t want a family life outside of the plant. Was hard to get days off. Worked a lot of overtime which made it very hard to plan vacations or doctor appointments. They go through a lot of help.
Pros
Daytime hours
Cons
Lots of overtime
Stability
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 25, 2017
It's a good stable place to work. They are focused on providing good quality products for their customers. It's a very laid back easy going environment. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Incentive program
Cons
Stuck in a chair 9 hrs a day
Great workplace, Great People, Great Company
Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 20, 2017
I am learning new things everyday with new tasks and new challenges arise. With personal ideas being acknowledged. They see the worker i am and put that to the test with bigger better things to see and i am treated well like the people who have worked at Banner longer then i have.
Pros
Lots of activities, softball company outings
Cons
Have not witnessed any yet
great environment in a vastly growing company
materials handler II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 13, 2017
the opportunities for advancement and cross-training are great; the hourly wages are exceptional; a lot of new procedures and equipment to accompany the growing customer base
Non Supportive of Employees
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 13, 2017
There is little to no training available to educate staff. Systems used are cumbersome and again, no training. The company is stuck in the past, not willing to move forward. Upper management is out of touch what is happening the ranks.
Good pay, easy work.
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 29, 2017
The pay is very nice for the work being done. The benefits are crazy affordable. You could do a back braking job and make less. I get to work with some pretty cool machines and I get to see the electrical components on the boards and what they make.
Poor managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMarch 8, 2017
Management has their favorites, time off is impossible w/o pto, pay not great for what you have to do, better not miss work w/of pto or you probably get fired
Pros
Day shift hours are nice
Cons
Benefits are spendy, favortism, time off nearly impossible w/o pto
Excellent company to work for!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 23, 2016
This company had great benefits, and really knows how to take care of the employees. The only drawback was their rigid hiring guidelines. It can be difficult to move to a different department within the organization if you don't have exactly the right experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Engineering Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight