Banner Health Employee Reviews

Great culture and good people
Director, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Banner Health! I worked with great people and for a company that was determined to be successful during a very difficult time in the healthcare industry.
Good to work for
Outpatient Surgery Coder (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Banner has a good education department and keeps everyone current. They have monthly and weekly coding meetings and updates. They provide good benefits for their full tie employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
I found that there was a lack of communication with remote coders
Hostile Work Environment
PACU Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2018
Managers getting promoted who are hateful and on witch hunts and somehow they continue to keep their jobs and climb the ladder. It's very concerning and Banner changed their benefits this year and screwed employees out of a lot of benefits.
Overall great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 18, 2018
Banner blue is definitely a team to be part of. Taking care of patients is truly a team sport and all personnel of the care team as well as ancillary staff contribute and are recognized for their part in caring for patients, their families, and coworkers as well.
Overall a really good job
PSYCH RN (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Supportive management, awesome team, flexible self-scheduling. Pay and benefits are OK, but not great. I wish there was more opportunity to grow at Banner. Tuition assistance, certification pre-payment, etc. would make it a better place to work if you want to advance your career.
September 18, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com for more information on employee programs.

Good company
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Banner was a good company to work at and gave scientist possibilities to present their work at conferences. Possible to advance your career to the next level, but it could take years to move anything beyond that,
September 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

Banner Health does not allow for a balanced work life lifestyle
Patient Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Banner Health has several policies that are fundamentally wrong and a culture that I would not encourage anyone to commit to. To allow a manager who has numerous personnel complaints and noted infractions to remain in position is baffling, but that’s the Banner culture.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Holiday hours are funded through your PTO bank
September 17, 2018

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

Registered Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AzSeptember 16, 2018
I’ve worked with Banner for over a decade in various roles and facilities. It’s nice to have options in a company this size. I’ve worked full time, part time, PRN, close to home, further from home etc. the options are out there if you are willing to move around to better yourself.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, stability, coworkers
Cons
Need to consider paying staff a more competitive wage
September 18, 2018

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as an employee for over 10 years! . I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Banner/UAHP Health Plan
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 15, 2018
The health plan was a great place to work for the first five or six years. I found that after that time incompetent people were put in management positions and the folks that actually had time in, knowledge and experience were pushed to the side. I blame that as much or more on UAHP.

I agree with previous reviews indicating that if you bring issues to your manager you are labeled a trouble maker.

Very sad. I loved my job but two years of incompetent management and getting dumped on because I knew more than anyone else was enough.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Incompetent management in Health Plan
September 16, 2018

Welcoming team members
Expressive Arts Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tuscon SouthSeptember 15, 2018
I recently came on board (PRN) and instantly felt the positivity and professionalism of all staff. Employees are supportive and compassionate which can be challenging in this medical setting. It is evident that this positive collaboration transcends all levels of Banner.
Pros
Flexibility to accommodate personal commitments.
Cons
Long commute (but it’s worth it)
September 16, 2018

Welcome to the Banner Health Team!! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Loved most of the staff, the managers is some areas are ill equipped to manage & have absolutely no experience on the area they are managing.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  AZSeptember 14, 2018
Worked for the company for 12 years. New management comes in to wipe out older nurses to make way for new grads with no experience to replace you after you have trained them. They allow harassment by managers & other staff even when reported. They do not follow their own policies. If you speak up about issues you are considered a trouble maker. I’m sorry patient safety comes 1st but they say they are all about it yet it’s very unsafe. Joint comission comes around & then they start moving things around & hiding things & general “clean up” to look good for them but the rest of the year haha! HIPAA vilotations & nothing done about it when reported!!!!
Pros
Some of the Nurses are the best I’ve ever worked with
Cons
Managers expecting you to get off on time in order to do that you would have to forgo your charting, Major HIPAA vilotations!!!!
September 15, 2018

fairly flexible
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 13, 2018
allowed me to work in various setting . Ultimately merged with another private company in the setting I worked in, which changed the work dynamics. Coworkers were wonderful.

Poor team work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Employees are very clicky. They are unable to work as a team with employees who are not a part of their group and are unhelpful to newbies. I was encouraged by my manager to ask my coworkers for help and when I did I was asked why she should help me. I was often left alone in the front office while my coworker would spend her time in the back office talking to the staff back their. Very frustrating place to work.
September 14, 2018

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Friendly, willing to work with your schedule
Banner Baywood Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Banner has a very friendly staff and I did feel comfortable in this environment. I enjoyed working at Banner because my schedule was flexible and I worked when I wanted to.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay, high expectations
September 14, 2018

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Poor management and leadership
Financial Navigator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 11, 2018
Very poor communication between management and office staff. Unwilling to provide the necessary tools to complete the required tasks associated with the job.
September 14, 2018

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Banner has become a very competitive environment
Senior Director Design and Construction (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
A very busy environment , you had to make due with the current structure in employees with the addition of billion dollar projects throughout Banner.
The culture had changed with everything being on team work with placing individuals who were working in a different set of goals and processes that were not a part of the departments goals and processes. It became a difficult place to work as the VP did not enforce that everyone needed to follow the current change management process and the current process that were written to understand the work flow of the department . To many people were given the opportunity to work out of the box.
September 14, 2018

Banner has been a good company for me to work at
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Banner has been a good company for me to work at. They are fair and I enjoy working for them. They like to promote from within and hire family. They have an extreme amount to facilities.

good company
Radiology Technologist student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2018
I spent 8months at this location acquiring knowledge while I was a radiology student. Strong management team. good size hospital with relax atmosphere.

Banner Page Hospital
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Page, AZSeptember 9, 2018
Banner Page Hospital has a great group of people working there. There is some room for advancement if you are in the right place and the right time. Page Hospital is a small 25 bed hospital which serves rural Northern Arizona, Lake Powell, many tourists to the area and also the Navajo reservation.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing! It’s great to hear about your experience as an employee at Banner Health.

Depends on who you are working with
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2018
Like any job, clicks are formed and if you are not part of it, it can make working there uncomfortable. All in all, like working in any company you have your good days and bad days. Sometimes good out-weight bad and vise versa. That's part of being an employee
September 10, 2018

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Banner Health.