Banner Health
61Average

Banner Health Employee Reviews

United States3,169 reviews
Found 3,169 reviews matching the search
Overally I really liked this job. I got to learn a lot, work in many different departments, and be exposed to new things. My biggest complaint would be the lack of equal treatment between the doctors and nurses and the EVS, culinary, and transport teams. They have a huge sense of entitlement that gets in the way of my job. You can definitely feel the difference in treatment based on what color you are wearing.
There was also no chance to move up without moving to a different department. The work could be really draining, but as long as you don't mind being on you feet for long hours, it's a good position. The managers can also be really difficult to get in contact with and don't take problems or concerns seriously. You really had to fight for what you want.

The benefits package was really good. The main downside is that they now require all prescription to be filled at banner pharmacies.
Pros
Lots of room to learn
Cons
unable to move up, doctors/nurses tend to treat other staff poorly.
Expect to do more with less at Banner. People in most positions are generally inexperienced because the company refuses to pay for experience. There's ample opportunity to move up, but don't expect to make much from the salary floor. Raises are once yearly and abysmal: between 2-3% annually. No reevaluation after probationary period. No cost of living adjustments. Equipment that you work with is all 10 years old. Health insurance is nothing special, which is disgraceful for a health care company. You'll see the dark side of healthcare too, that the clinical care staff is equally ill equipped and inexperienced.
Pros
Air conditioned environment
Cons
Weak leadership. Poor raises. Poor equipment.
Reserve comment for an interview. An insufficient period of time has elapsed in order for me to share objective information about what stands out as good or bad.
They have the most outdated, inefficient, non user friendly computer system I have ever seen or used in over 20 years of EMR systems. They are not up to the competing hospitals standards in any way shape or form. The benefits are also atrocious. Too much money out of pocket for very little medical coverage. Other then that, job is extremely enjoyable. Just needs an update to a way better computer system and better health benefits that the employees dont have to pay an arm and a leg for for such minuscule coverage.
Pros
Good hour pay
Cons
Benefits and outdated computer system
Seemed like every shift I worked there, they pulled staff away from our unit to cover somewhere else. Every unit in that hospital was constantly short-staffed and then they would get on your case about tasks not finished or taking too long answering call lights. Well, when there are only 2 CNAs for 26 patients, what do you expect?!
Pros
Cafeteria open at night
Cons
Never enough staff
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Yes is very toxic I reported an incident that happened on the job the supervisor went back and told and the employees retaliated against me stole my purse with my house keys in there. And it's supervisor or the manager did nothing about it that was their friends. The manager he supposed to be a manager he running around telling people on the job he going to fire me he don't like me him and this supervisor hang together walking around talking about people they're not doing their job they got somebody else doing their job while they sit around and eat and talk about folks. I thought you were supposed to quarantine for 14 days but the people that used to work there they only quarantine for 10 days an they back at work and still had a virus.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Short breaks for the work you do they burn you out.
August 6, 2020
See resume. I have been fortunate enough to use my skills to be able to provide the best care to patients and establish good relationships with the Providers and other employees
August 6, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for being a Banner Health team member.
Good opportunity to gain experience in healthcare, but limited support from management and units vary in their willingness to work with case management.
A lot of knowledge and easy to find your work ethic fast paste but they will work with you all takes time but overall good experience excellent place to build and connect.
Management needs better training and focus on employee development. Drama and gossip was always an issue. Appointing Team leads without training and not qualified for the job.
Overworked and underpaid. Management is toxic and creates problems between coworkers. Very Early on you see the workplace is all politics. Extreme favoritism on a regular basis. Health insurance isn't even that great with banner. Banner looks decent on a resume, but becomes very tiresome after about a year. You realize working there isnt worth it anymore. Definitely way better paying tech jobs. Banner is definitely on the lower end of the pay scale and would recommend NOT applying there.
Pros
Morning schedule
Cons
Management, pay, and benefits
August 5, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.
Company with very good values. Stable industry. Accounting department has a great team. Is a big company and it has everything set to work between departments.
Pros
Working form Home program
Cons
Some times stressful but not always
July 25, 2020
We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.
I’m in EVS. And the team do a great job. Our manager however is awful.
There is no accountability and no where for staff to actually voice their complaints and have them heard.

The housekeeping staff do a tremendous amount of work and are treated like children. Banner needs systemic improvements! It needs to appreciate all staff - not just educated professionals.
I realized after only a few days that this company does NOT care about anyone; not it's patients, not it's employees. It care only about the bottom line. They cut corners (which includes employees hours) to make a bigger profit (despite being a "not for profit" organization). They tell us regularly that if we don't like how things are, then we should just leave; i.e, Don't the door hit you on rear on the way out. Management has no clue how to manage. People move up the ladder through bullying, or butt-kissing. Health insurance costs go up every year, while raises are barely given, which, in effect, means that the longer you work here, the less you're actually making when also adding in the rise in cost of living.
Patients are subjected to tests/exams that they don't need in order to charge them more. Often over and over again. Doing "the right thing" is never a sentiment Banner expresses. As I said, this company cares about one thing, money. They DO NOT care about people!!! And during the COVID pandemic, this has become even more clear. No PPE given, despite having plenty of stock and resources for it. Employees being furloughed and/or called off their shifts and not being allowed to work in other departments even though there is a need.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many to list here
July 20, 2020
It is very disappointing to hear this. We would like to address your concerns regarding the issues in your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team review and follow up with you.
After seeing a listing for an IT Service Desk position on Indeed, I applied on Banner Health's website. Two weeks later, I received an unplanned call from an HR rep. About fifteen minutes later, he offered me the job and I accepted. During the interview process, I only spoke with HR and never dealt with anyone in the IT department. Two days after that, I had to go to a Banner facility for a drug test (urine screening) and blood work. It is important to note that Banner requires a copy of your immunization records. Blood work and immunizations are required, even if you're working in the corporate office where there are no patients. Three weeks after that, my lab work and background check completed, so I had a day of new hire orientation. A week and a half after that, I finally started my new job...only to find out they used the wrong job description and told me false information. Instead of an IT Service Desk position, this was actually an IT Operations position. Instead of being the first point of contact for internal IT support issues (like the job description said), this position was more like an IT Administrative Assistant role. This role required printing out checks, hands and eyes support for systems administrators, scheduling on-site visits from certain vendors, building access control, etc. During my interview, I was told I would be working day shift during weekdays. When I started, I was told this was a 24/7 operation and I would have to work whatever shifts they needed (including weekends and holidays). I was also told this position would occasionally require traveling - more...
Pros
It was a temporary job through Banner Staffing Services
Cons
Inconsistency, poor communication, long wait times to start working, zero benefits (not even PTO)
Challenging work environment due to increase and surge in Covid19 patients .excellent annual training. Good vacation PTO.Exellent proven health care philosophy and professionalism
Pros
Excellent management relationship
Cons
Short break
One of the worst companies I have worked for in my entire career. The most dysfunctional HR department, and it starts from the top! The Talent Acquisition metrics are unrealistic, and stressful. Managers are constantly badgering the staff to meet the goals, at any cost. This is a position for a new grad, who has no other frame of reference for how a professional HR department is supposed to function. It was like a revolving door with the number of people we hired. It really didn't matter if they were qualified....all that mattered is that you met your numbers for the week (10 hires/week or 40/month) It was my decision to hire quality, or just hire bodies so I could meet my numbers, and keep my job. Pathetic!
Pros
Nursing Managers
Cons
Cost of healthcare, HR leadership, toxic enviornment
July 15, 2020
At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment @bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.
management= d-
pay is low, benefits are expensive and employee is not covered

no shift diff, no weekend shift diff, pto accrued at half the rate of other companies, no holiday pay

no supplemental staff coverage ie no unit secretary, no cna/pca, charge nurse mia

Pros
supportive coworkers, supplies available
Cons
pay/benefits, no supplemental staff coverage
July 11, 2020
Thank you for your review. We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.
I enjoyed my time as an employee there back in 2006. Great company, great atmosphere, great benefits. OT was always avaliable. I had an awesome boss! Professional, friendly, & understanding. She was a great leader.
Pros
Cons
N/a
July 11, 2020
worked in the urgent care
1 provider NP

management would not let us triage, we had to out every patient in a room abs check them in even if we were not going to be able to help them

poor orientation and training

constant staff turnover

do not recommend
Pros
able to have xrays and ekgs read by docs at umc, could consult with specialist at umc
Cons
no PTO, at times dangerous unsafe, long hours
Banner is horrible. It’s all about politics. Management sees everyone as replaceable. They don’t care about patient ratios often times making it dangerous.
Pros
Working 3 12 hr shifts
Cons
Benefits, patient ratios, management and politics
July 9, 2020
At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.