Banner Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,394 reviews matching the search See all 2,410 reviews
Banner will abuse you, then spit you out when you complain!
Registered nurse cardiac Cath lab (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 25, 2019
No work life balance. Benefits are ATROCIOUS, and extremely hard to use! If any of your dependents on your insurance has an unpaid bill to banner, they take it out of YOUR check after 100 days. There’s no way to dispute it! All Banner is worried about is itself.
Pros
Bad pay
Cons
Horrible benefits
Fun place to work
PATIENT ACCESS CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2019
Great company to work for, great team members great managers staff patients are wonderful you get to build a repor with them, commute is great overall fun place to work
Pros
Great peers
Cons
Gossip
customer service manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2019
overall good hours nice staff good people no complaints would recommend this job to others good off days near the freeway short distance from home good pay as well
managment
Clinical Manager in the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMarch 20, 2019
Poor leadership at all levels. I enjoyed the staff but did not feel supported by management. I was constantly made to fell band and bullied by my supervisors.
Pros
Cons
managment
March 21, 2019

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Its a great organization.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 20, 2019
The culture can be difficult when you start there. Once the staff get to know you and trust your abilities you will fit in. I learned a lot their. They offer many classes and training opportunities.
March 21, 2019

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Phlebotomy Extern (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed my externship and would love to be hired here . All of the employees are very nice and helpful. There were a few days when lunch was provided for us and the lab manager Mildred was very nice and showed me the ropes
March 21, 2019

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

fun place to work
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2019
good , best place to work
love my coworkers very help, always there for me when i need help
management are very helpfull good place to be again banner
March 21, 2019

Great place to work and grow
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVMarch 18, 2019
New to the position, but have found every one to be helpful and kind in teaching methods. Love the culture and work atmosphere. Encouraged education with conference reimbursements and online classes to cove CEU's
Pros
Small Hospital-know everyone
Cons
cafeteria only open lunch hours
March 21, 2019

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

days
Registered Nurse-RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2019
every is the same no what matter what day its. I work and hassle everyday. I work hard and harder. I meet the mission and the goal of the company. I smile and lough no matter

I love my job!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2019
I love my job & co workers! Management really needs some work though! Lots of favoritism, gossiping & sleeping amongst each other (thats only management) well the rest of us are left to play acting managers without the pay or acknowledgment of the hard work we do! And when we question anything we get nice little write ups because you are not following banner values! Their outlooks on banner values differ from person to person depending on who you are! Also very hard ro get a promotion if they just dont like you.
Pros
Friendly employees, decent pay
Cons
Horrible management
March 17, 2019

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com.

Patient Care Tech Review.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2019
At the time of me working at Banner, no one ever told me about medical leave when i was sick in the hospital. Had all notes from doctors and they fired me based on sick absences according to management. Another as PCT they like to spread the techs thin with patients. At time they had PCTs at 1:15 at night and sometimes during the day. Banner was way too top heavy in management. Loved the people I use to work with. They were very good with teamwork and making sure the patients were well taken care of.
Pros
Always learning!!

My review at Banner HealthCare
Oncology Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 15, 2019
I have been working at Banner Health for more than 10 years. I think this is one of the most productive workplace in the U.S. I like to stay here until I retire. I have an office at BDMC and home office to work. The work hours are very flexible. We do have monthly ODM Meeting to understand more about program and learn a lot of new things.
March 17, 2019

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as an employee for over 10 years!

Best healthcare company ever
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2019
Banner Health Desert Ridge was, by far, the BEST healthcare company I could've ever hoped to work for. I loved literally everything about my job: my schedule - 4/10s(very flexible), the people, the physicians, my supervisor, my salary (2 years experience at the time of hire = $16.50/hr), benefits (dependent care account, HSA, FSA, etc.), and they even give you 60% of your check for 6 weeks while you're on maternity leave. My favorite thing about the clinic I worked in was that all of the physicians were personable, warm, and friendly. They all got along with one another and they all treated the medical assistants and other staff with respect and dignity. Nobody acted as if they were better than others and it was refreshing. If you're looking for a place to work while getting your education, Banner is definitely the place to do it as they do help with tuition assistance and they can make your schedule as relaxed as you need it to be. I would definitely apply for the Desert Ridge clinic in Phoenix, AZ. You won't be disappointed, and if you are, you're doing something wrong.
Pros
Competitive pay, Benefits, Great work environment
Cons
Short maternity leave, Fast-Paced patient flow, Must be very knowledgeable in Medical Terminology
March 17, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

Great company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2019
I’ve worked for Banner since the beginning when Samaritan bought Lutheran, Banner has always been a great company to work for through the years, the people that have bad experiences are the ones that don’t want to be the best! Yes! Banner expects best care for their patients. I truly love working for Banner and am greatful for all they have done for me.
Pros
Great opportunity
March 17, 2019

Banner Health is a good company, well organized with great professional employees.
BHT (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 14, 2019
Banner Health is a good company, well organize with great professional employees, and a excellent place to work. Just a little bit of improvement in Behavioral Health Management.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
More improvement
March 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

It all depends on who your coworkers are.
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 14, 2019
Banner is a huge company so your experience will depend on where you work. I had a great group of coworkers who were dedicated to our particular environment in Emergency medicine. Great staff makes or break a workplace environment.
March 17, 2019

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

It’s ok
Transporter duties (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85037March 13, 2019
No opportunity to grow I would recommend a better place where they value you. You can be the greatest for years but as sonnets you messed up you almost out the door
March 17, 2019

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Good
Certified Retail Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 13, 2019
Fast paced healthcare setting. Banner strives to live out their stated mission and values by empowering their employees. Employees are engaging and caring for each other and patients.
March 17, 2019

Its a decent place to work. Count my blessings daily
Enviromental sevices housekeeping aide tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2019
Its a decent place to work. No complaints. Been employed here for about 14 yrs now. Growth is here if thats what u want to do. Overall , im grateful to be working.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
More effective teamwork. The work moral amongst housekeeping crew could be alot better.
March 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are privileged to have you as an employee for over 14 years! We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

Great Place to Learn
Certified Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 12, 2019
Banner has been very helpful with me on learning and striving to understand the department that I'm currently in. They have seen me grow since day one and even though I know lots of quality information their is still room to grow and learn.
March 13, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Banner Health.

Powered by Comparably