Banner Health Employee Reviews

New Call center
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 23, 2018
I worked inthe Health Center for a while and everything was great, then there were people who took over our department for schedulers and it has not been a healthy work enviroment since then.
April 25, 2018

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

Great coworkers, but management is ever-changing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2018
Great coworkers! Management is ever-changing. I personally have had 5 managers in just over 3 years. Salary is lagging behind other facilities in the area, and health insurance is costly.
April 25, 2018

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Great place
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2018
Banner health is a great place to work.When I started at Banner health,i was very nervous because I never had worked at a hospital before .But then I learned everything I could and the rest turned into history.
April 25, 2018

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Secure and content
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 18, 2018
As a Security Officer, I have become more proficient in resolving a wide range of customer problem; by applying diplomacy. I work directly with hundreds of visitors and customers in assessing and advising to their needs.Effectively handle emergencies and customer inquiries to ensure outstanding service to customers, patrons and visitors,
Pros
Greater work experience
Cons
Salary
April 25, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Busy place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Busy place, some managers were great (and left), some not so much. Workplace culture work, work, work ,hardest part of job was working with missing staff, management not being sensitive to personal problems/uncaring
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some managers need to learn how to manage.
April 25, 2018

Staff and the environment and atmosphere they provided was wonderful to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 16, 2018
Would start your shift with a shift briefing as to the happenings that took place on the auction. Would interact with medical staff and Mesa PD on a daily basis. Working nights upper management for the security department was not available.

The hardest part about the job was communication between upper management and staff in the security department.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the medical staff. And assisting with the security and safety of Staff, patients and visitors.
Pros
Staff and meeting new people. Helping people.
Cons
Management and advancement
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Great opportunity while in school
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2018
Great opportunity while balancing work, school and life. I worked every Saturday and Sunday, paid slighter higher d/t schedule. I was able to work in triage, observing PA's and NP's, learning from them while in school. Experience was extremely valuable.
Pros
benefits, schedule
Cons
no advancement, at that time Banner did not hire Nurse Practitioners

Stable, collaborative, fulfilling
Mental Health RN, full time pool benefitted (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 14, 2018
My time with Banner thus far has been educational and fulfilling. Management is supportive. Compensation is appropriate. Work environment is pleasant.
April 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you are a part of the Banner Health Team!!

I loved my work there and found it very rewarding.
Part -Time Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 13, 2018
BTMC is a 500-600 Medical Center & Level 1 Trauma Center, with a 40 bed in house Behavioral Health Unit.
Most of my hours, I was the only chaplain on duty with the full responsibility to handle all spiritual care requests from patients, families and staff. I was required to respond to all life-threatening traumas as an official part of the Trauma Team. I was also badged for Behavioral Health consults of which I completed 700 in 2017. I considered my shifts, intense ministry. I learned to draw from the Lord's strength often going from a death and a trauma to more deaths and traumas and hurting loved ones. I felt honored to be working with a very caring, committed, and professional staff, and an amazing management. I loved my job as a ministry of serving the Lord and others. The most enjoyment came from knowing that I was making a positive difference in people's lives by giving them comfort, encouragement and hope.
Pros
Making a positive difference in people's lives
Cons
Being the only chaplain on duty with multiple deaths and traumas with no back up chaplain to help.

The best
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
Banner is one of the best places to work. I started with their staffing crew and was quickly hired into the RMA full time position. (within a month) The pay is great, benefits are great, and I love how quick paced and fun it is to work in their clinics.
April 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your employment experience and providing a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Lab Assistant very busy hospital
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  glendal , AZApril 11, 2018
I Worked nights so really I drew blood all night long Morning Labs Start at 3 am from there is hyped till 6:30 am.. hard sticks I loved the patients. loved the night crew i worked with overall if you are a fast hard worker then great place to work.
Pros
the patients I love
Cons
timed draws

Typical O.R. Environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
The job itself is what you would expect in for an O.R. environment. It has it's good and bad days. The company itself is very cheap and although the benefits are better than some places that's about all you can count on. In my experience they offer incentive and never follow through. There has been no wage or cost of living adjustment in years. Lowest paying facility in the valley.
Cons
low pay, self scheduling
April 17, 2018

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

Productive learning environment
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 8, 2018
All around great working environment. Enjoyed the cor-workers and the Pathologists and the Manager. Gave plenty of opportunities to continue education and improve the position
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
early hours

Hostile work environment
HIMS Senior Chart Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2018
Management was awful, did not allow for education to be considered for advancement. No appreciation of years of dedication and abilities. Very low morale throughout hospital.

Collaborative, Heterogenous, Professional approach
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2018
Banner health is a heterogenous community of healthcare professionals with a healthy, positive interest of patient's safety. It's style of CBT and REBT integration makes it one of the best behavioral health hospitals in AZ.
April 9, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

typical work day
I.T. desktop technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85012April 5, 2018
On a typical work day, me and my coworker would go to an area of the hospital and do an inventory check. After scanning in each machine on that floor or suite, we would replace all the machines that were needed to be decommissioned. We would then make sure all the information in our inventory program is inputted correctly.

BTMC is great
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 4, 2018
Great CEO at Banner Thunderbird. She has made great improvements!! Changing the culture is a slow and steady process. Patients are super happy with the care they receive there. I am proud to work at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center.
April 9, 2018

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you for being part of the BTMC team!

it's a cool place to work
Housekeeper EVS (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 4, 2018
My experience working at Banner Health was very interesting. Learning to work with your coworkers, management, as well as all the other departments was very different than my other jobs that were more one on one. The work is very enjoyable and I love coming in every day to clean rooms and talk to patients and my coworkers
Pros
discounts on lunch, go at your own pace
Cons
not much of a voice

ultrasound tech
ultrasoud tech (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 4, 2018
great place to work in heart of Arizona people were awesome nice case load plenty of help great equipment this was like working on vacation every one in the banner system was great
Pros
nice place
Cons
out west
April 9, 2018

Financially great for single people
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 3, 2018
Unkind and unfair workplace. Long hours. Not kind to employees who have a family. Understandable at times, but workplace can tired one out when they are the only one where all the pressure is only on one person.
April 9, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Banner Health.