Banner Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,309 reviews matching the search See all 2,316 reviews
Just full if bullies
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
It was a very uncomfortable position where human resources did not care to help you. Worked 300 hours in 35 days before being let go because a provider left a syringe in the room
Review Summary
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 14, 2019
Banner Health PFS PBO is a wonderful place to work in Colorado. Manager and supervisor of the self-pay team are caring and understanding individuals who take care of their team and their customers.
Valet attendant
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2019
As a valet attendant, when we were busy it was quick paced when it was slow the day dragged on. The customers were mostly lovely. I loved my boss they were very nice and understanding. My coworkers were great absolutely no drama. Unfortunately I was laid off because they contracted my job out. But in all I loved my job and everyone I worked with in Security. Cant talk for the rest of the hospital.
Pros
Payroll deduction for the cafeteria. 401k healthcare
Cons
30 min breaks
Not a good place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Let's just put it this way, the director of the hospital was put into the role due to him going to a certain church and being a certain religion. Also his Mom was the head of HR at the time.
Patient Flow Coordinator
PATIENT FLOW COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Set-up monthly schedules of residents to ensure it did not conflict with their rounds at the main hospital or other clinics.
Set up schedules for patients to be seen in internal medicine, or any sub-specialty appt.
Ensured office had obtained prior-author for all sub specialty visits.
a typical day at work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2019
There is lots to learn and great place to start as a new graduate or for anyone who is looking for a career change. There's lots of entry levels. Depending on the location you work at there isn't much room for advancement in working your way up the ladder. Some location have poor management and lack of leadership roles, leaves STAFF and PROVIDERS lots of open gaps and lose ends in making executive decision during complex customer concerns patient satisfactory. Must use PTO time for holiday pay or you can opt out for unpaid time. In addition, You get accrual sick time off to your PTO. Not much incentives working for Banner, nor will you get anything but a pay raise depending on your annual performance. Overall, great company that is competitive to compete with.
Pros
decent pay, decent hours
Cons
poor management retention and lack of leadership, no benefits as BSS
Friendly work environment
EVS Tech II (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Awesome place to work at. Everyone is kind to one another and very friendly. Always enjoy being around coworkers. As long as you do your job boo will be on you or over your shoulder
Pros
Accountability and recognition

Poor management and favoritism
Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2019
I work in patient transport, it is good if you like to have a physical job and walk all day long. The management is terrible and the manager clearly has favorites throughout the entire time I've been here. The manager also tends to find anything to write some up and then let the others slack off and make mistakes, which causes alot of issues between coworkers. You have your usual few good workers that always hold the slack of the rest of the department and then there is always a few that you have to motivate and remind them that they need to get up and work. The management and higher ups at Banner do not respect the employees (at least in transport) and could care less about any issues you have unless it was against a department that was on the bottom. There is an annual survey that has been made pretty much mandatory for each department to complete even though nothing you say has changed anything within the department. There are pay raises based on performance evaluations that are the bare minimum to the point of it being comical and whether you are the lazy ones doing the smallest amount and then the few that tried to work hard you are getting the same amount.
Transport is a good job if you want to get your feet into the door, but expect to not have anyone care that you are doing all of the hard work for them especially the nurses. Have had several experiences when nurses and doctors are pure evil to you in front of patients and nobody cares when you report it. Be prepared to get sick quite a few times from being exposed to patients especially in the common seasons, and
  more... then to make it worse we are not allowed to wear gloves when transporting.  less
Pros
Keep in shape
Cons
Management, Supervisor, Nurses, Coworkers
January 14, 2019

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

Stable job
Registered Nurse -Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  AZJanuary 11, 2019
This will be a stable job. This is a place to that will require you to get your ACLS, BLS and if you work in the emergency department your PALS as well.
January 14, 2019

Positive & Negative Review (Current Employee)

sad, unorganized, hostile environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant Care Coordination (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2019
Many changes in the leadership of the Care Coordination Dept, new Exec Director focused on any errors, never gave credit for a job well done, terminated 3 other Directors, Exaggerated issues, was not able to listen to her staff.
Pros
bebefits
Cons
huge turnover in dept with new model
January 11, 2019

productive and fun place to work.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2019
I love my job there the work enviroment was good and my experience working graveyard shift was good the pay at the time was pretty good as well. I give banner 5 stars all the way around.
January 11, 2019

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

An experience
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Working at this hospital you learn a lot as well as see a lot. It was definitely and experience and would recommend this for anyone who plans to go into the medical field.
January 8, 2019

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

fun and well educated people in charge of the student staff
Radiography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I was encouraged by the teaching staff to be confident and apply myself. The head Tech was available for any and all questions I or any students had , explained the process in a way we all were able to understand. Overall made this a positive and enjoyable experience.
Facility was clean and supplies were always available.
Pros
encouraged questions regarding anything
Cons
some workers were not as posititive as others

Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I love working for Banner! I would definitely recommend Banner as a workplace! The culture is great! You never have to worry about needing help as everyone on our unit is extremely helpful and excited to teach!
January 8, 2019

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! So glad to hear your great experience!

Typical day
Medical Assistant/OR Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2019
To work in a fax pace environment and schedule at least 10 procedures daily and show my spread sheet with my daily productions and had meetings with my boss every 3 months to show my production.
January 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

Committed to Excellence
Bedside RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2019
Banner Health is a company that really looks to process improvement and continuing education amongst its staff. Banner is focused on providing the highest quality, SAFEST, and most compassionate patient care its employees are capable of providing.

I feel that in a fast paced, high acuity, inner-city trauma center, my gripes about working there are not unique to this particular company. In other words, I face the same challenges and problems working for this company that I'm certain my counterparts at competitor hospitals also face.

My biggest issue with this company is the sheer number of mandatory meetings required to attend. Not only are there quarterly staffing meetings, but there are education days, education seminars, special talks from physicians looking to educate nursing units of new practices, as well as unit special projects you have to be a part of every year. In addition, in order to rank the highest possible raise (or achieve a raise at all) you must be a member of various committees or special staff projects. And that doesn't include the mandatory computer based education modules you have to do every year. And those BLCs are annoying. Every time I finally finish the darn things, new ones pop up shortly after which ABSOLUTELY MUST BE COMPLETED IMMEDIATELY.

And perhaps this above issue is also not unique to Banner, but it really creates problems with my work-life balance. And for a person who has 2 small children and a really bad history with child-care workers, it makes for a very difficult situation.

As irritated and Frustrated as I
  more... am about the never-ending meetings, Banner is actually a truly excellent company to work for. I've had amazing experiences, wonderful management, a great work culture, and been given the opportunity to advance my skillset as far as I was willing to advance it. I don't regret working here at all.  less
January 8, 2019

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

Office Politics
ORTHOPEDIC TRAUMA NAVIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2019
Fellow employees would not hesitate to stab you in the back if given the opportunity. Just keep you mouth and opinions to yourself. Management stretched to the limit and did not promote the best when it came to patient safety.
Pros
Many departments, potential opportunity for growth
Cons
Marginal leadership role models
January 8, 2019

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Mission driven
Emergency Room Technician/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoyed working at Banner Health. Working there was really what you made of it. It promoted being involved in the company but also valued the work life balance.
January 4, 2019

Great place to work and be part of a team
Provider Data Management Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Banner and would work there again. The management team was like family and really cared about me and my personal growth. Many opportunities to work independently and as part of a group.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Heavy work load

Amazing place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2019
Banner was the best. They provided ongoing training. Always a positive environment. It was fast paste.but never stressful. Management was amazing. She was always supportive. She did everything she could to better her team.
The doctors were also amazing to work with. It was a teaching environment si seeing the residents grow as doctors was rewarding.
Pros
Great work environment and work culture, management, pay rate and benefits
January 4, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Banner Health.

Powered by Comparably