Banner Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,353 reviews matching the search See all 1,355 reviews
productive, fast pace, learning experience
Service Representative/Registration (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
I come in to work and make sure my area is cleaned and sanatized. I turn on my computer and pull up all web sites I need on my computer. Working in the emergency room is a fast pace environment. I am responsible for verifying patient's insurance onsite and collect all money due including copays, deductibles, and coinsurance before patients leave. Management will then look through patient files/charts to check for any errors. My workplace did respect any and all cultures to each patent's need.
I think the hardest part of my job is seeing many patients in need of medical attention that are in pain and are waiting for the Dr/provider to attend to these patients in the emergency room.
What I like and enjoy about my job is kknowing that I did everything possible to my knowledge to help everyone in need.
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
short breaks/lunch
Gutted benifits that cost you thousands out if pocket with the lowest hospital wages statewide.
Rn (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 12, 2018
The insurance used to be amazing with cigna, banner switched to aetna and left the rates the same promising the same packages, yet aetna's out of pocket costs are thousands more per year than cigna. Couple that with poor raises that do not even cover cost of living increases, and the lowest wages statewide for hospitals because as upper management put it, they have no desire to be competitive with wages because they own most of the market. Absolutely hands down the least compassionate company to work for.
Pros
Decent coworkers to be around
Cons
Everything else
good company
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 11, 2018
Management truely cared about the employees needs as well as the patients. Was able to advance within easily. Pay raises were done annually and were typically decent amounts
Full time hours
Secretary / Business Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2018
It was not easy to advance in the company. I worked as a front desk secretary and for a short while a Business Support Coordinator, which I enjoyed but they phased the position out. So I went on to look for a different position with another company.
Pros
Liked my Co-workers
Cons
Full Time with NO BENEFITS
Terrible experience!
Endoscopy RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2018
Terrible training program and supervisor with no leadership skills. Tried to work within the system to make changes but instead was treated poorly by supervisor and some staff for communicating that a poorly trained employee was thrown into unsafe situations.
Cons
Too many to name. Big company that does not take care of employees!
Good Place
Plant Mechanic II (Stationary Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2018
I worked at two separate locations for Banner, and my only complaint at either was the pay. I felt the work/life balance was excellent with the PTO available, and you’re probably not going to beat that in any comparable job. Pay on the other hand was sub-par by comparison, and cost of living raises don’t keep pace with the cost of living increases in Colorado. Management in my department was fantastic, and I enjoyed working with all of them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay
July 9, 2018

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

It was great.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. The company, employees, schedule and everything about it made it a great job opportunity for me at that time.
July 9, 2018

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Fun place to work
Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2018
Fun place to work and grow. Management works with employees and welcomes everyone's ideas. It is a good stepping stone for entry level jobs and developing

Entrenched managment
RRT-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
The management is incompetent, willing to fabricate/ falsify documents, went to HR about my manager taking a low pressure hose out of the trash and putting it on a BIPAP machine...nothing happened! the "Leadership" always postures to protect their position rather than doing the right thing. If you raise your hand,-they rise against you.
Pros
Huge organization
Cons
Huge organization-a lot of weak people to weed out
July 5, 2018

It is disappointing to hear this. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Horrible place
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJuly 3, 2018
If you are willing to turn a blind eye to the atrocities that occur then you'll have a great career at Banner. If you have no morals, then you're perfect for Banner. If you can lie about your co-workers, hate on them, etc ... apply for Banner.
Pros
Cons
Banner
July 5, 2018

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Great Company Reputation
Customer Service Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 2, 2018
Banner is a large organization with several entities. Hospitals and Post Acute. They are the largest non profit organization in the Arizona area with a great reputation in the major metropolitan Phoenix area.
July 5, 2018

A safe and innovative place to work. Banner is a leader in healthcare
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
Banner is a leader in healthcare. It is a safer hospitals than most of their competitors. Overall I have learned and grown my career with this organization
Pros
Safer practices good collaboration with physicians and co-workers
Cons
management problems

Great hospital
EP (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 28, 2018
Great hospital with a great culture. Career advancement and overall competition are worrisome. With other hospitals moving into the area the long term view is not definite.
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback.

Productive workplace and fast pace
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
Very stressful, management kept quitting or getting fired. It was great to meet new patients but wasn't great to ask for money when they are very sick.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful trying to meet a quota & No steady management

July 5, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great! We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

If you work well you're more than likely to bump shoulders with other like-minded individuals
Radiology Technologist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 27, 2018
It is true working hard does pay off. I enjoy the higher standard of healthcare that Banner is representing and streamlining for the rest of the healthcare companies
June 28, 2018

Overall I have enjoyed my time working at Banner Desert.
Registered Nurse, (RN) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 27, 2018
There have been a lot of changes lately because of the growth. Some of the changes I felt of been very appropriate and good. Some changes have left me with some concerns.
Pros
Lots of dedicated people who are concerned with patients.
Cons
Seems like the growth has gone too fast and the company was not prepared for it.
June 28, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

June 28, 2018

Summary
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
Nice office to work in, friendly co workers. The health insurance plan was a bit expensive for employees and families but great medical coverage is offered.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Awesome Place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
What can I say I would love to be back at this facility. The experience you obtain allows you to go work anywhere. If I was still in Dallas I would go back to this company in a heart beat.

Good Place to work
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2018
Banner Health provides a good environment to work at. Management team support their employees and help them to grow. At Banner health, you feel that you are making a difference in people's life everyday.

Healthcare
Manager, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2018
Accounts Receivables, fast pace, managed many team members. system updates was the hardest part of the job. Enjoyable work workplace with great team members.
June 28, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight