Banner Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,254 reviews matching the search See all 2,261 reviews
Volunteer Job
Liason (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 20, 2018
i enjoyed volunteering work in the ER , i was only cleaning and sanitizing the emergency stretchers and and emergency room beds and restocking patients cabinets with towels and am and pm care essentials.
Na
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2018
Does not like outsiders and can pose difficult for new employees, this lead to many leaving the organization, the company is still behind on the education
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85724November 19, 2018
Manager very helpful and customer very happy. Love to go work every day and cook for clients at the hospital. Liked the clean area of my work place. You will enjoy the company
Very stressful and lacked management
Retail Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 18, 2018
At first it was a good place to work for as UMC but then Banner took over and it was terrible ever since. They took extreme advantage of people who did good work and never held people who did their job poorly accountable, they just sent it off to you. While it was a problem I tried to express many times to management, no one seemed to care. It was a very toxic place to work at.
Friendly and Great work enviornment
PFS Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 18, 2018
Great place to work and I have learned a great deal of the health insurance process, I believe being here at banner will help me advance to greater thing within the company
Don’t pay well. Extremely busy and no paid holidays.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 18, 2018
The company is mostly interested in expanding rather then taking care of their employees. No weekend differential, no paid holidays, no bonuses or raises of any significance. They do recruit caring professionals that care about their patients.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 16, 2018
I enjoy working for banner. I plan to stay with this company for a long time. I am seeking part time work while I am out of leave. I do not plan on leaving banner.
Not There Long
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2018
I was here temporary and I don't have a lot to say about banner. My experience was not the best, although I do prefer banner hospitals over any other in the state I live in.
November 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

Fun place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZNovember 15, 2018
Great company atmosphere -Fantastic coworkers -The work is so enjoyable -The clientele -Wonderful communication and transparency -Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job is patient care
Great Team work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 14, 2018
Get the report from staff start vitals and check blood sugars from the patients. you get to learn new stuff everyday everything from equipment usage and proper care.
Pros
Great managers help out when needed
Cons
Nurses are Lazy and don't care about the CNAs

Revolving door
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
If you want a job where you can count on a commitment from your employer, this probably isn't the place for you. They make on-the-fly financial decisions without assessing risk. When they lose money, they simply cut jobs, then they fill the jobs again when they destabilize. They do this every few years.
November 16, 2018

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Worked here for 13 years, don't plan on leaving
Clinical Education Specialist NICU (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2018
Overall great people to work with, collaborative teams, good attempt to encourage work/life balance, lots of restructuring lately so that can be worrisome for some people for Job security.
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are privileged to have you as an employee for 13 years!

horribly
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
not good pay not willing to help with career advancement. They do not have competitive pay and what they pay their MA's is not enough for a single person to live off of
Good Experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Banner Home Care at the time. I suffered a back injury that would not allow to continue in the position I had. They were beginning to make some changes that would have a negative impact on staff, so the timing was good when I left

Excellent leaders
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CONovember 12, 2018
It's a great place to work! The leadership is great, coworkers are friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to help you achieve your daily goal, when needed.
November 16, 2018

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Work/Life balance is very difficult to achieve
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern ColoradoNovember 11, 2018
Workplace culture and colleagues on the management team can make or break an environment to succeed. Support of all contributing members is key to meeting metrics.
November 12, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

Productive, collaborative, anfast paced environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2018
My time at Banner University Medical Center was great and I sincerely miss it, however, the reason for my departure was due to lack of benefits. Upon my arrival as a new hire, I was told I was hired through a work agency called Banner Staffing Services, and for this reason I did not earn any benefits throughout my short time working as an inventory associate.
Surgical Nurse/IP Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
I feel that I am at the right place and all the hard work has paid off. I work with a very friendly and collaborative team. My manager is very helpful and eager to guide me. The position makes it available for me to learn much more, increase my current skills and obtain new ones. I am definitely thankful for this opportunity.
Pros
The people are outstanding
Cons
Compensation
N/a
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 9, 2018
The work was great at first now you are overloaded. 7-5 patient ratio for nurses 15+ ratio for techs. The staff is friendly. Good team work between nurses.
Pros
Nurses are family
Cons
Always contradicting, negative environment, patient to cna ratio is heavy
No afternoon breaks
RN (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 9, 2018
Low wage, no afternoon breaks ever! Very rushed. Always hurry, hurry, hurry! No time to breathe. Always pushed to go faster. It's not about the patients, it's about money.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
no afternoon breaks, too rushed, constantly pushed to go faster
November 12, 2018

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight