Banyan Health Systems Employee Reviews

Flexibility and remote opportunity, high rate of attrition due to poor management.
Community Relations Liaison (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2018
Overall positions are field based which provide for flexibility. I am highly motivated and appreciated the ability to achieve goals while helping others achieve theirs. Unfortunately there is no incentives, promotions, employee engagement activities or emphasis on retaining quality personnel. Communications from headquarters is non existent which is poor judgment on human resources. The only communications received are via email when an employee is re-classified without any warning - big mistake. If an employee resigns, no one is informed. Reports are generated and disseminated on a random basis and employees only notified when productivity is down. There is nepotism from the higher chain of command. If the CEO and CFO really cared about increasing profits, they would increase salaries, provide free ceu(s), pay increases, improve positive communications to apprise all employees of future changes and invest in marketing brand via online, email marketing and a single dedicated call center for all locations. Most importantly, HR and executive management should complete an analysis on how much it costs to hire, train, orientation to get employees up to productivity. Compare this report to the high rate of attrition. Simply put, invest on retaining employees rather than making them dispensable.
Pros
Flexbility
Cons
High rate of attrition
Awful
Behavioral Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 30, 2018
Their director was rumored to have been previously fired for harassment and creating a hostile workplace. Supposedly after five years they hired her back and she has done nothing but cause problems since then. More than 4 senior supervisors who had all been there more than 10 years quit. Banyan also refused to pay employees for actual work done. They are sketchy, and most likely committing fraud. They offer no benefits, and took advantage of the work force coming from Cuba. Do not work there.
Experience
Assist in skill development (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2018
I'm thankful for Banyan Health Systems because of the experience that I've gained with Case Management. The culture of the organization was not what I expected. The administrators are unorganized, They expect for you to know the position with limited training. I do not recommend ANYONE to work for Banyan Health Systems! EVER!!
Pros
Cons
Unorganized
A great facility if you like to help others
Mental Health Case Management (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of linking and traveling with clients. Taking care of clients personal business and building a bond to create a new person.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Watching people go back to prison
Stressful job and poor compensation
Acute Crisis Counselor, SPA (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Some days are incredibly slow, other days you have 4-6 patients being transported from hospitals all at once and you're responsible for admitting them into the facility. You also have the pleasure of having to deal with some of the rudest coworkers who make uncalled for comments about every single thing that happens.
Inmates Treated better than staff
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2017
If you have nothing nice to say dont say anything, If you are looking for long hours and negative reinforcement banyan is the place for you. I trust the inmates more then my coworkers
One of the best Mental Health Community in South Florida
Targeted Case Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 22, 2017
Working days was always busy at Banyan Health Systems. I learned a lot about the mental health community in South Florida. Banyan has a multi-cultural workforce, and they care a lot about cultural competence. Every body who holds a degree is welcome, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. BHS provides the best training for employees. IT some time didn't work well. Excellent co-worker. BHS always is trying to get the best in terms of evidence based practice on mental health and substance abuse. I will always be grateful to Banyan
Pros
Top notch on mental health and substance abuse
Cons
Salary
Okay
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2017
You work a lot; get a paid a little but the joy must come from helping people who don't really care if you help or not. IT was okay but once I'm out I m out
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
5 years no raise but increase in case load and job functions
Graduate Student Intern/ Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2017
You have administration assign cases to you and follow through with admission process, followed by AST/CAT forms and treatment plans, individual sessions, and group sessions. The workplace culture is diverse and the population is primarily adults with substance abuse issues.
Excellent place to learn about mental health community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 11, 2017
The working days were very busy, I learned about different kinds of mental health disorders. The management would hire the friend of their friends. The workplace culture was mostly Spanish speakers.
The hardest part of the job was trying to calm some patients that were inpatient. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we were all team players.
Pros
No raises or bonus
Cons
We helped each other.
Lead receptionist
Lead receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2017
Overall great work environment. Management always willing to assist with any needs. Great place to begin your career, and gain experience. Personally had a great experience.
good place
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
Banyan is a good place to work, i enjoy it very much. I do wish we were paid better and received better benefits. Would make my experience working here much better.
Good place to learn for newer clinicians, no place to stay
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2017
You will learn a lot here. However, they have a lot of meetings, you're considered an independent contractor and they pay a different rate for meetings than other services performed. Problems occur when meeting are frequent, they start late, then they only want to pay you for the hour. Your case load ends up being 2x what is originally stated when interviewing.
Pros
Great immediate supervisor
Cons
Overworked, too many meetings
Decent
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 14, 2017
Maintains a professional demeanor at all times. Becomes knowledgeable of E.D.specific behaviors, food rituals and dress restrictions as per policy and complies with these requirements. Participates with all training activities and maintains own log of training received.
Excellent place to acquire experience
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (RMHCI) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I believe Banyan is an excellent place to acquire experience in the mental health field. The population you see at Banyan, I'm sure you will not find anywhere else. The coworkers are amazing and very helpful.
Sadly, Banyan only offers PTO benefits to office employees. Therapist or case managers are hired per diem. Health insurance is extremely expensive.
Pros
population, location and co-workers
Cons
no PTO benefits, expensive health insurance
Great workplace with great coworkers
Supervisor of Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
This is a good organization that is working to get better. During my time there I came into a difficult situation that I was supported in changing and was recognized for my efforts along the way.
Pros
Healthcare coverage. Coworkers. Fulfillment.
Cons
Commute to work.
Very desorganize company
Director of Integrated Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2016
Very poor communcation between upper management and employees, that brings a lot of confusion in the lower levels of management and in the employes as consequence.
no no
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Good colleagues and co-workers, but the spirit of the company , the management is awful, they treat you as if you are guilty before you could say anything.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
everything else
Rehabilitation
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2016
Poor on the job training
over worked the staff to client ratio is unfair
I learned to be mean and say no
the individuals have the say of whats being done
good
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2015
overall good work environment, friendly staff, room for growth, flexible schedule, work environment good however not very well structured must obtain discipline to make own schedule and must have good organizational skills
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
driving