Baptist Emergency Hospital Employee Reviews

Staff get along well. Employer gave opportunity for professional growth.
Inpatient Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2019
As a part-time employee, I regularly get my hours as promised. Management is very accommodating and considerate with employees work and personal lives.
Pros
Very helpful and pleasant coworkers.
Cons
Short staff
great coworkers
xray/ct tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249April 4, 2019
Great coworkers and doctors. Loved working here. My schedule was great. Pay was decent. Equipment was decent. Facility clean. Close to where I lived. Learned a lot from Baptist Emergency Hospital.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
changes quite a bit
Good people
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2019
I like my coworkers whom I worked with. They where always willing to lead a helping hand at all times. I like what my job duties are and the number of hours I worked.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Fast past environment. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients. Hardest part of my job is asking patients for payments when they don't have ins.
Great Career
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Workplace culture is amazing! Staff works together daily in a team nursing approach to ensure the best quality nursing care. Management is also always avaliable
A once great company, sinking in greed and bad management
Current employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2018
The original Emerus was an amazing company and a great place to work.
The doctors that started the company have all left and sold their stock because they saw what was happening.
Emerus has become exactly what they origanlly set out to avoid.
The only thing that matters to the higher ups is money.
Employees are disposable, and patients are simply a source of revenue.

There is still a great subculture of fantastic, skilled, experienced, and passionate docs, nurses, techs, etc....
But they are all realizing what is happening and bailing one after another, week by week.

Don’t work for Emerus, you will end up leaving with the same view expressed in this review.
Pros
Nice facility, good equipment
Cons
Greed, greed, and greed.
Wonderful coworkers, terrible upper level management.
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Besides the terrible health benefits, as the years have gone by upper management has cared less and less about the workers on the ground. It has become more and more about money and less about the patient experience.
Work is steady
ER Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Work is steady throughout the night. Working with a small crew, but teamwork goes a long way. I have learned how to run lab tests and result them. Busy, but not as busy as a big emergency room at a big hospital. Most patients come in with complaints that are really not emergent, therefore we see a lot of non-emergent patients.
Pros
a 2 week set schedule and close to home.
Cons
No overtime available
Great Team
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
The team atmosphere at Baptist is great. However, the contract to staff providers was changed in Jan 2018 and compensation was significantly cut which really hurt morale.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2018
I was PRN, able to pick shifts up based on my own availability so scheduling was on my terms. Long shifts (12 hours), but allowed for more days off. 3 different shift times, and multiple locations allowed for flexibility. Fast paced ER during peak times, but chill during low patient volume times.
What I've learned
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2018
Excellent pay, great teamwork. You must be a strong nurse because in some locations you are the only nurse at times. Health insurance is provided but has high decuctibles.
Excellent Company
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Baptist Emergency Hospitals are centered around the nursing profession. They are very focused on employee satisfaction and offer quarterly bonuses, staff snacks, gourmet coffee, and a generous benefits package.
Pros
Focused on employee satisfaction
Cons
Changed manangement
Get people to work with
Patient Access Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Working for the Baptist has taught me a lot of management tools to use with other employees. I have learned how to use excel and doing and shared programs and reports. How to deal with difficult situation with patients. Certified BLS/ACLS DECOM etc.
Baptist Emergecy Hospital is the best facility I have worked in/for in my nursing career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2017
I have worked for BEH for a year and have not had one issue with the company or staff. BEH treats employees fairly, care about staff morale and staffs appropriately. Best job.
Pros
Team oriented, fair ratios, good pay, good benefits
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2017
THE ER is a small but modern dept with all the tools needed to perform safe patient care. I enjoy the small group, shared nursing concept. I would recommend anyone come work here.
staff and doctors are professional, courteous and empathetic to all patients.
Pros
staff snacks and well equipped nurses lounge
Cons
small er
Enoy working here. Co workers are like family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2015
I love working here and would recommend this position to any CNA looking to move up. Great benefits and pay. Exoerience and skills you will definitely pick up here.
Baptist Emergency Hospital at Westover Hills is a great place to work.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasOctober 17, 2014
Baptist Emergency Hospital at Westover Hills is a great place to work. The teamwork includes the MD, RN, Tech, Registration, Radiology and Lab Tech. Management gives us the resources we need to properly care for the ER patients. We typically see 50--90 patients a day in our 8 bed unit. We transfer out to local hospitals if the patient requires more intensive care than we can provide. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you actually have the time to answer the patients questions and provide information that ensures accurate follow up care. Management frequently provides lunch. They also sponsor numerous events that are free and fun. Such as taking the staff to Sea World, 6 Flags, Xmas party, and many team building events at local establishments. This is the most enjoyable job I have ever had.
Pros
Excellent resources, outstanding teamwork, enjoyable and fun atmosphere
Great Work Environment
Front Officer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day involves registering patients, verifying insurances, entering demographic information and all other duties that come with registering for an emergency room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Emergency Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2