Baptist Health - Alabama Employee Reviews

Horrific
Physician Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 9, 2019
Too much to type but basically you are treated like trash!!! From being bullied, minimum pay rate, to poor management. Discrimination at an all time high!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything under the sun
Fun place to work with terrible management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 27, 2019
A typical day at work consist of cleaning and helping coworkers. You learn that management doesn't care for their employees. They are always short staff and employees have to rush through their work and extra work to get off in time. The people who get hired don't know how to clean or do not want to clean, leaving the work on someone else. Some employees get overtime but only do half the work, leaving whatever else behind for other coworkers. It's nice to work here, but the management team consist of liars and will lie even though you did nothing wrong. Some employees can get away with anything, but if another did the same they would get in trouble. The team leader always harasses new employees. The team leader doesn't care about the work, complains all the time, and degrades people. Another thing is if you come here for career advancement think again. They will tell you that after six months you can transfer to a different department, but they will block your applications because they refuse to hire people when they are already short staff. I don't recommend working as a housekeeper because the doctors and nurses are some of the messes people there and will make a mess on purpose just for the housekeeper to clean.
benefits
Cons
Terrible management, hold on career advancement
Awful Environment in PBO Billing
Physician Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery AlabamaJune 14, 2019
Management is awful, they are jealous hearted. Don't come in there and look like something they aiming to get you fired. They don't listen to other people ideas because they don't want to admit they are right. This was the most stressful job I ever worked and they don't pay enough. You can apply there but you won't last long unless you a kiss up.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Low Pay, Awful Management, stressful
Great work place
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 12, 2019
Very pleased great co workers and friendly staff nice place to work and get to be at very great hospital and management staff .........................
Enjoyed working
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 28, 2019
Was told no Rn position available if cannot lift
Over 30 lbs
Worked here 20 years as an rn enjoyed my prn job greatly could not return due to health issues.
Pros
Team
Excellent
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2018
Working at BHS you were given the opportunity to advance and pursue a career. Many options were available and compensation was good. Working conditions were excellent and management was helpful.
Pros
benefits, advancement
Cons
occasional restructuring resulting in position elimination for non-management
Wonderful people - wonderful company
In-House Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 7, 2018
Baptist Health Systems was a wonderful place to be employed. From the folks/co-workers to the benefits and working environment, it was a daily joy to go to work.
Good palce to work
Registered nurse - Cardiac /Med surgical floor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 4, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Great managers in my area, some of the best I have worked with. Hated to leave but a better opportunity came along. I still keep in touch with former colleagues and managers.
Did job i was hired for
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 3, 2018
Initial mgnt was good until stiore changed locations and we moved into pharmacy. Workers were hostile mgnt racist favored her workers over us. Fostered negative hostile work environment to force us to quit our jobs .encouraging fights and sabatoged job performance written up. Resigned 9/11.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Hostile work envirnment
Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Montgomery,ALSeptember 24, 2018
Can be stressful at times due to have a production schedule to meet which Is more about the quanity of claims that are worked instead of quality. In my opinion this causes the more difficult accounts to be overlooked.
Pros
Most managers are easy to work with.
Cons
Producton causes time contraints.
Ok poor management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 12, 2018
Poor management as far as floor supervisor. But overall great company working environment and staff. Great food. Nursing staff and doctors are great. V
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
productive
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 1, 2018
Working at Baptist South has been a great experience, recommend anyone who is looking to work in healthcare, apply here! There is always a constant need for nurses, so if you are new grad seeking employment, this is the place for you.
Pros
able to learn
Cons
n/a
Great place to work , made many friends
Surgical Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 3, 2018
This was a good job for me, they had great benefits, this job was not able to pay me the money needed to support my wife and two kids. I worked there from 1996 to 2006 and had two jobs from 996 to 2996 , not because I wanted to but to earn the income needed.
Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2018
Baptist Health is a hospital so having stressful long days are expected and acceptable. What's not acceptable is how often rules change without notice and the rudeness of many of the management teams. The accommodation for the staff should and could be much better with benefits. At this particular location, there isn't enough staff to fulfill job expectations
Pros
job availabilities, healthcare
Cons
healthcare, pay rate, cleaningness
Work Place
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 2, 2018
Enjoyed patient interactions and collaboration with other departments and resources. Enjoyed my nursing career intensely. Day began with list of patient care and then prioritizing. Priorities changed throughout day. Direct patient care and correlation of discharge needs with other departments.
Pros
Enhancing
Cons
Hours
learning curve
Maintenances Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2018
this was an opportunity to lean many different types of jobs, the chance to get to meet many people as well as the place to learn how to use my various skills.
Pros
oppertunity
Cons
not structured
done
NICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117February 24, 2018
Perform nursing care on term and preterm infants/neonates which included admission assessment, dubowitz, and lots of other skills. I worked with a great team of nurses.
Hours didnt work with school
LPN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed this job but due to the hours I was scheduled at work I could not manage going to school full time as well. I could not work long hours and maintain good grades
Productive working, family oriented environment
Computer File Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 4, 2018
a nice place to work and retire from, great employee relations person on staff, and excellent coworkers to work with. Family oriented and Family Friendly.
Pros
management untrained
Cons
smoking environment
Summary of day
RN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 28, 2017
12 hours shift. Depending on floor teamwork is good. Normally slammed with admission 30 minutes before end of shift. Good doctor to nurse relationships.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
staffing