Baptist Health Arkansas Employee Reviews

Great patients care and staff
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2019
Love it. Baptist is an incredible place to work. It has worked with me and my schedule. Managers and administration is awesome. Pay is competitive. It is my hospital of choice as a patient
Fair
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Little rock ArkFebruary 5, 2019
I love working for Baptist Health, have been here for a few years and plan on being here longer. The Staff is amazing and so is the Manager of the Hotel.
productive place to work
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2019
i loved interacting with guests an different varities of foood an desserts an design them for sales prep an restock for next shift or day everyone who you interact with is friendly some not because some are there not for good news
Pros
got discounted to hospital
Cons
short breaks constint line for lunch an dinner
Mangement
PRN Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working twelve years for this company. There were lots of benefits and room for growth. The company was a great place to work and continue my education due to tuition reimbursement.
Great place. Work pleasant staff very decent hospital
Newborn nurse and pediatric nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2018
Very productive experience loved the atmosphere very nice people they go the extra mile with patients and helping there families I love the feeling of family there also doing our best to see to the needs of our patients as well as their family seeing to their needs
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Time management, documentation, self motivated
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for Baptist with my unit manager. She was excellent, encouraging, and helpful with all tasks. The patient care I was able to provide was more than rewarding.
Pros
Excellent unit managar
Cons
Terrible administration
Typical Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 4, 2018
Nice mission but just like any other hospital when I comes to ratios. Baptist is one of the lower paying hospitals but has awesome benefits. They try to let you make your own schedule which is nice.
Unprofessional
Es Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2018
Not worth it, I loved the job at first, but they started firing all the old people who was there for years just because they hired over 12 people .. it was very unfair
Baptist Health is a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2018
Baptist Health took a chance with me coming straight out of Remington with no background work history. I will tell anyone that. I didn't think I would be able to get a job because of the no experience and I Thank them so much for doing that.
get to move around
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 26, 2018
great management, co workers are great and the interaction with the patients. I love making people laugh and smile. Some of the clinics are way out and not a good place. I have learned about a new system and a typical work day is phones ringing and patients steadily coming in and helping the nurse with labs
Pros
my awesome coworkers
Cons
lack of help
great company
Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 1, 2018
Baptist is a great health company to work for that helps hundreds of thousands of lives a year. The staff is very friendly there and also the facilities are top notch. The bosses always make suere to have your back as well.
Pros
helping others in the time of need
Cons
Possibly getting sick when it is flu season.
Okay Place to work
Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2018
Baptist is a good place to work. Pay grade is below that of other hospitals. Most days it is fast paced setting with lots of needs from patients and staff. Most are friendly, however there are some that should never work in healthcare
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 16, 2018
A typical work day is serving patients with all of their needs. Management was nice and very flexible with whatever you needed. All the staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive and flexible working opportunities
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2018
Baptist Health has given me the knowledge and determination to complete my Nursing degree and grow within the company if I decide to stay there after I graduate from Nursing school.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Poor morale between employees
Terrible Place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 4, 2018
I am an honest person. I liked the nurses I worked with. But anything above the nurses was awful. They told you what you wanted to hear, if they took the time to even speak to you. They offer flexible schedules to those of whom they like and their pay scale system is not fair by any means. I worked on the Cardiac Floor 9B. The patient to staff ratio was TERRIBLE. Nurses worked 5-6 patients all the time (Arkansas state max is 6). CNA/Techs worked 10-12 patients as well (Arkansas state max is 12). They always talked about trying to get those numbers down. But, when they were down. For instance nurses would be at 3 or 4 patients and techs would be at 7-10. They would start sending people home and bump the numbers right back up. Thus, going against everything they just said they were trying to accomplish. On top of all of this, They are the lowest paying hospital around the area. I do not recommend this hospital for employment or care.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2018
When i worked at Baptist health Center is was a very great working experince. I learned lots of different ways to handle certain situations. management werenice people nevr had an issue with anything on their ends.
Religious based organazation
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 13, 2018
The pace is slow to moderate
The people who hold strong religious views sometimes cannot be trusted
Management only cares about the bottom line
Find the energy to walk in the front doors
Leaving.
Pros
Centall located
Cons
treatment of employees
Top notch employment.
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARAugust 11, 2018
I enjoy working for Baptist. The management and co-workers make going to work enjoyable. They are genuinely caring employers that take your well being into consideration. I would highly recommend anyone to work for Baptist Health.
was not enjoyable.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2018
Its an OK place to work, I would not work there again, it has poor management. The workers break the HIPPA Law on a daily basses. Also they mix up the patients charts, and give out the wrong information.
Cons
Enjoyed working and helping people.
Patient Representative I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2018
Admitting people for things from blood work, x-rays, to surgery.
I learned quiet a bit about different types of insurances.

The hardest part about the job was when people weren't wanting to pay, or didn't want to give certain information that was needed. Or, when they didn't have the money to give, but needed the treatment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was people who were being admitted to have a baby. Or, those who had successful surgeries and families coming in to see them.
Pros
Work environmentment, coworkers, was very good.
Cons
Moved to Clinic and working back to back 12 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.