Baptist Health Arkansas Employee Reviews

Good place, but HR likes to hold people back
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2018
Good place to work but HR feels like they know more about applicants than the actual hiring managers, keeping highly qualified applicants from being interviewed. Especially if you are already an employee.
Pros
Free lunches every month depending on work station
Cons
Low advancement opportunities, HR isn’t the smartest
Stressful job
Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2018
Some days you can't get a lunch break cause of short of staff.. Great place to work but just need be paid more money. Need to learn work as a team.. some of employees need to understand that bad work ethics can cause many problems..
Place sucks
Es utility tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock ArkansasMarch 10, 2018
This place sucks Overworked but underpaid
Management is inconsiderate and only cares about themselves
Supervisors harasses you constantly even on break
Hostile environment with management that could care less about you as a person.
RN (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARJanuary 17, 2018
Have worked for Baptist for over 3 years. Management sees you only as a warm body. There are no leaders only people who think they can manage. Staffing ratios do not put patient care and safety first but rather suit the organizations agenda. Supposed to be a non-profit but yet is ran like a corporation that is only concerned about the bottom line.
Pros
Worked with some great people who took pride in their patient care.
Cons
No control over schedule you are given, lack of direction and reinforcement from managers, awful nurse/patient ratios.
would not encourage others to apply
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 23, 2017
working in ER. nurses and management have favorites and others suffer, "charge RNs" are not helpful, they were always busy with their phones or doing personal businesss on company time. Doctors were only friendly to certain nurses..the nurses who worked the least!!!
Pros
drive was close to living situation
Cons
staff in charge has favorites
Baptist Health is a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Heber Springs, ARNovember 29, 2017
I like working for Baptist Health Heber Springs. Even as a small hospital they have an environment conducive to learning. The nurses I work with are eager to help me learn as I progress through school. I also like that if I want a change of pace, the Baptist Health system has several options for me to choose from!
Pros
Good learning environment, small, comfortable atmosphere
No raises in years
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 26, 2017
We get no raises while other hospitals have given raises. The mentality is that we should feel lucky to work there. The staff is inexperienced at a nursing level. The directors hire new grads over experienced work force due to low wage availability. Getting a normalized schedule is nearly impossible.
Pros
Lots of jobs available
Cons
Low low pay
High volume hospital
Certifed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here lots of opportunities and things to do. Down side is having to work 12 hour shifts. Those times did not work for my schedule. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Work family
Horrible company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 9, 2017
My coworkers were great for the most part. Baptisit as a whole is horrible they should really stop claiming to have christian beliefs because they sure dont stand by it. It basically all comes down to makeing them (ceo and other top dogs) MONEY!!!! they do not care about the small pple that make the company run!!!! would not recommend working or even going to any of their facilites!!!!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
baptist, managment
Fast paced and very knowledgable
Point of Care Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 21, 2017
I worked in the emergency room testing blood. I had to learn how to properly operate the machines and calibrate them as well. It can be very fast paced so you have to be able to work under pressure and fast accurately.
Physician's Scribe (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2017
Scribe Life is a great learning experience for anyone pursuing health care career. I was able to see a great deal of pathology and had physicians who were willing to explain a lot of what I was seeing.
Nice Coworkers
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Heber Springs, ARJuly 20, 2017
Fast paced workplace, very challenging when there is a lot going on. As a patient rep, they make sure you have enough time to learn the job before putting you by yourself. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Long Orientation
Cons
Fast Paced
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2017
Cleaning patients rooms in having good customer service When their are patients in the room. also cleaning other areas like ublic
Bathrooms in meeting rooms i really loved working in bein a employee at batist health
Baptist Health
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2017
I love my job and my co-workers!! Baptist Health offers me the opportunity to do what I do best every day. I never would have left if we weren't being re-located with my husbands job.
Prn
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 7, 2017
Good place to work. Good PRN hours, My supervisor was excellent. Equal opportunity employer. Comfortable work environment, nice co-workers, Christian atmosphere .
Nice benifitts
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 5, 2017
When staffing is adequate techs are given opportunities to independently research improvements and procedures to efficiently increase testing menu and volume.
When staffing is not adequate there was pressure on techs to work over and stay past shifts to get test results out on time.
Pros
Professionally Exempt status
Cons
delay in filling vacant positions
All YOUR best begins with Baptist
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 5, 2017
Working as a patient care technician at Baptist was remarkable. With little health experience baptist taught how to care and nurture patient with serious and extreme illness. Making patients feel good and nurturing them back to health is rewarding in itself.
Pros
Flexible schedule/Patients
Cons
N/a
Very rewarding place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 30, 2017
Baptist is a very rewarding place to work. People come into surgery and are at the mercy of the employees and doctors in surgery and we all take great pride in caring for them. We treat patients as one of our family members
Best Place to work
Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the different departments, coworkers and controller at the time. They encouraged advancements in my accounting career. Great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I had to relocate to a different state
Encouraging atmosphere with good staff relationships
Resident Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2017
Working with the Chaplain staff as well as the various hospital disciplines has been life changing. All of the disciplines work together to provide holistic care to the patients. Observing and participating with the various disciplines I have developed an appreciation for the diligent work of health care professionals and become increasingly aware of the vital significance spiritual care is to patient, families and to hospital staff. The work culture is of a high standard, employees are valued and encouraged to share their perspective on how this organization can better serve its patients. Coming to work each day is a pleasure due to the positive work environment. The most challenging aspect of my position is walking through people's heartache when a death has occurred, despite this challenge, the chaplain's role is one I enjoy.