Baptist Health Care
63Average

Baptist Health Care Employee Reviews

United States168 reviews
Got let go after 7 years with no real explanation other then COVID 19 loses. Middle management never reached out. Completely unprofessional at he end.
Baptist promotes an environment that is supportive and encouraging. In my interview I was told how wonderful the management team is, and a place of welcoming people. This could not be further from the truth. There are several people that do represent this but all I’ve experienced is others pointing the finger and a culture of shame if you make a mistake.
Benefits
Cons
Human Resources
Many of the people I work with at this company are lovely and I enjoy working with them very much. However, given the incredibly taxing and stressful work environment, compensation is minimal. Patient Care Technicians only make about $10/hr to take care of 12+ patients. This includes toileting, feeding, bathing, taking vital signs, and anything else the patient or RN deems necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Very rarely see/interact with any management. Minimal communication between floor staff and any management. Little to no room for advancement or transferring. Limited benefits. A LOT of great floor staff.
I have alot of bad reports on Baptist hospital, I'm unhappy to come to work cause I get bullied everyday, I'm to slow cause I take proud of my work I'm slow cause I go back to check my work to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do,
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The company comes with a lot of unexpected circumstances. The communication between workers are poor which make the work much complicated. The hours are good and they are willing to work with you.
Great place at the beginning. I wish to grow but have been stymied.
There are too many people quitting. Management is not cohesive, nor nurturing. We almost need a union.
Hard workers are under paid . how can you build a new hospital when you got workers wiping butts for $10.00 pay your hard working employees more mone. Most nurses are sitting on their phones making all the money.
I enjoy helping patients process their payments, help resolve the issues they have with their bills, and making sure accounts are being taken care of.
I worked here for many years and was very happy. The doctors were a joy and very helpful to the staff. The patients were very nice and all of the surgeries were elective so people choose to come there. Very clean facility with great productivity among staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baptist Health Care?
I felt like upper management actually cared about their staff, we were paid accordingly and based on the amount of work we were doing. It was a great working environment
I've never worked in a place that cherishes their employees as much as Baptist. The pay is lower than everywhere else nearby, but people stay because it's rewarding to work here. You get to know and love each individual working here and you truly form the best bonds with them. I love having a sense of belonging while working here.
Procedures differ at every facility, no congruency of policy, management is not competent, and management is unwilling to work with the employee. All in all not a job I would advise taking.
My biggest and only complaint was that my department was desperate for people so they hired us on quickly without telling us it was a call center environment. Personally I can’t handle that type of atmosphere, but the job was a good foot-in-the-door for healthcare. What they told you in training and what was implemented in the department were different but they were working on better communication The position gave me a lot of transferable skills and looks good on a resume The reason I left I’s because we moved out of state They say they like to hire from within, but I didn’t have any luck I was desperate to get away from the call center but was turned down every position I applied for Of course they typically already have a candidate in mind If you’re comfortable with a call center, you’ll like this job very much
A decent place to work. The benefits are ok, if you like the baptist health care system to be your provider. The work place culture is very open among the different departments.
It is a good company to work for and I enjoyed working for them and I would recommend the company to my family and friends and I loved the hours of work
I loved it there at first then they started to treat me horrible. I hated that. They only care about what you can do for the company and they is never high school when it comes to management ever one knows each other. If one don't like you the click doesn't either and that all the head of the departments.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No advantage or incentives
Employees are not taken in consideration for any decisions made about their jobs. Management even told employees that if they didn’t like it, there is the door. Culture expectations are only expected out of certain groups. Not everyone. Teamwork is only expected out of certain groups. Micromanagement is prevalent. Was once a great place to work when Quint Studor was there but all the culture and values he taught has gone out the window.
Pros
Can’t think of any.
Cons
Micromanagement. Favoritism. Poor management.
Baptist in our area has been growing over the past two years which has caused some growing pains. In general it is usually a good place to work and is pretty competitive in pay. We have dropped in the pay department under the market value for many of the nursing positions, which they are in the process of reviewing.
The entire organization is committed to quality patient care. The mission is to "Help people throughout life's journey" and they certainly do that in many ways. Each job is tied to providing quality care.
Company could use serious review of compensation across the organization. Many changes for improvement of equality and standardization across the board.