Baptist Health Floyd Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great
Hospitality Aide (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 8, 2018
depends on the day on what my work day is like. I've learned the other end of the medical field besides being bedside. The management are great and will do anything they can to help if able.
Love This Organization
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 5, 2018
BH Floyd has a very family-friendly culture. They have a Christ-centered mission and are committed to proving the best possible care for patients and employees.
Excellent place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 20, 2018
I love working here! It’s a great environment. The people are professional and friendly. They are supportive. It’s a place I hope to retire from one day!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hard to schedule time off
Good Experience
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 28, 2018
Overall good experience, but the company does not recognize a balance between work and home for their employees. Experienced nurses are not valued for what they can bring to the table, but rather frowned upon as being someone with habits they do not want to retrain. Nurses are viewed as expendable/replaceable. There is no value placed on job retention.
Pros
Cons
Nurses are not valued
Was a great company until purchaced by Baptist Healt
Manager of Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 16, 2018
My Direct Director has been through 5 managers in 7 years which speaks for its self. Lack of support from senior leadership a lot of lip service about support however all real decisions must pass the HRD department.
Pros
Family feel of staff
Cons
operating to lean spread to thin
poor administration
immediate care center md (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 14, 2018
Worked there for a year and then couldnt take it anymore-- very poor administration-- top down-- no communication. dirty facilities -poorly stocked-- cut corners-- trying to replace MDs with NP s-- people working there are unhappy. Saw 60 patienta aday 12 hours a day
Pros
Cons
administration
A Good Learning Experience
OR Scheduler/Medical Secretary/Surgical Orderly (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 27, 2018
I learned a lot working at Baptist Floyd. The hospital strives to make patient experiences the best that they could be. While there I managed the schedules of many doctors and patients
Supply chain
Supply (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 23, 2018
The manager of supply chain miss-manages inventory and we were always out of necessary supplies. There have been numerous complaints to HR about him nothing ever was done. He doesn't have a clue how to relate to people.
Pros
Good people work there
Horrible management
LPN (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 18, 2018
Management very rude and approachable. Very unprofessional and do not treat employees well at all. I loved the coworkers. We all worked very hard. Med surg is very hard and fast paced. Too many patients per nurses/techs.
Pros
Coworkers
Negative coworkers, management
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 12, 2018
Patient Access is an easy job. However, the processes put in place do not make you successful. Most of the time, we didn't know for sure when we would get off. Management had poor communication with employees, acted like high school kids, and would not explain policy and procedure in a proper manner.
Busy but Productive days
C.T. Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 8, 2018
Busy but Productive days!!
Very busy in the Radiology Department
The ER can be very busy but we have the right team to get the job done and that includes staff that can work together.
great place for staying busy!!!
Tech ER (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 4, 2018
very fast paced ER. Not a lot of major things rolling in the door, but never bored. Never really hovered over. Go in to work and really the day is based on what you can get done when. Most of the day is walking and getting patients in and out of the rooms.
Supervisor Duties
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 4, 2018
Supervises activities and personnel in Emergency Department Registration, Insurance Verification Representatives, Financial Counselors, and Medicare Coders.Timekeeper/Update and submit Payroll review, that may include additional calculations for "on call" , "call back", and monthly bonus incentives. Administrator to update securities or access to systems and payor websites for updates.Schedules for Monday-Friday positions and 24/7 schedules for Emergency Registration Department. Monitors and audits the accuracy of all information obtained by Registrars to enforce that all registration work flow processes are done properly. Responsible for providing good communication with other department Managers to keep positive work flow.Monitor front end collections, previous balance collections, financial charity applications, proper authorizations for services for designated areas and ensures that goals are being met.Promote collections and insist of attempt of collections payers that verify of copay/coinsurance/deductibles.
Hands-on with the registration process and help wherever the workload dictates. Responsible to keep staff informed of system, work flow changes and/or compliance issues through weekly Huddles. Daily, weekly and monthly metrics. Submits reports of events in the Registration areas to the Director and Assistant Regional Director of Patient Financial Services. .Weekly Incident reports for Patient Access Team, resolution to our Department, forward to appropriate parties if not applicable to Patient Access
Order Supplies for all areas of Patient Access among 3-4 Vendor's
  more... depending what is needed (i.e. patient required forms , information brochures, and/or office supplies,  less
Pros
building a good team that worked hard together
Cons
upper manangement
Unvalued hard workers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 29, 2018
I really enjoyed this job at first, but I made the mistake of sticking up for myself. I refuse to be bullied around by a physician or any staff that had a vendetta against me due to an outside personal situation with a relative of mine
Pros
close to home
Cons
do not value employees that are low on the scale
Productive place to work but a horrible stafe.
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Floyds Knobs, INJanuary 6, 2018
Horrible place to work! The staff was two faced. Some of them would smile at you and then tell the manager horrible things behind your back, while others were just plain mean and nasty to your face and when you told your manager she didn't believe you. I have been working in the medical field for 15 years now and I've never worked some place as awful as that place and I will never go back!!
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Sometimes no breaks or really late lunches
Supportive Family centered care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 4, 2018
Amazing emplyee support and recognition of good work.
Administration was true and supportive of setting and supporting improvements in patient and family care.
Managment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2017
Management is very supportive. They always want you to succeed. They are willing to do anything to keep you a part of the team. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking medical experience.
Great coworkers and clients
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 29, 2017
I loved the coworkers we are like family. The patients are great also. Fast and fun environment. Management treats us normally well and likes comments on how they are doing.
new management since i left
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 9, 2017
Management-- if you are not in a click or are an older nurse they will find a reason to let you go, as in 2013 they terminated all nurses over age of 50yrs older or older
Pros
Good Education nurse
Cons
do not like travelers or older nurses
Good
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2017
decent place to work if your looking to get into healthcare. I mostly enjoy my job day to day I just wish I could advance without having to get a degree.