Baptist Health Kentucky Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYNovember 13, 2018
Does not properly train employees and if you do not fit in their clique then they will do anything to make your job harder. Poor management in office administration is reason why I left. Administration expects nurses to do work of 3 employees
Pros
schedule
Cons
too much expected from empolyee
very fun place to work would go back in a heartbeat
Floor Tech Team Leader / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 12, 2018
most fun job i ever had. typical day was very laid back they give your task for the day and off you go to complete them with little hassle from management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
too long out of hospital
CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
i have been away from the hospital to give a good review i worked with the company in 2012 and alot has changed since then including managers and staff
Pros
idk
Cons
idk
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
Baptist Health is a good place to work....ideal for job enhancement and job growth. They provide job security, advancement along with any training that is needed. Although, it is up to you the individual to excel in their position and to make sure that you are able to advance at the rate that the management has set. What I learned is that you need to watch out for any red flags and to respond appropriately.

Being successful at Baptist is easy, you just need to work and stay focused in the fast moving technological environment. They are constantly updating, upgrading and project driven to stay current.
Good job with fair pay and benefits. Required working hours and shifts were my major complaint.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 2, 2018
My entire time there I worked mandatory third shift and mandatory 13.5 hour shifts. This did not allow me to me present for family events even if I was off work I was too exhausted to enjoy them.
Pros
Quality work
Cons
Long hours and third shift
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2018
Good management, benefits, and work environment. Lots of onsite perks such as day care, food services, and a retail pharmacy with lots of discounts on routine medications.
Pros
Benefits, pay, perks
Cons
Long days
Overall, one of the best!
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2018
The varied backgrounds of the staff help to shape the culture of diversity at Baptist. As a Magnet facility, excellence is encouraged which is refreshing. Not many companies are as invested in their employees.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
CERTFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2018
I was a CNA here. I loved it so much. The work was tough as it is for all CNA's but our work loads made it manageable and the nurses helped tremendously. I would recommend all CNA's to work here.
Solid Organization that i worked for over 20 years
ASSISTANT VICE-PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2018
Really enjoyed my tenure at Baptist Health
I was fortunate to work at Baptist Health for over 28 years
I had great leaders and an amazing team I worked beside
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 23, 2018
The hours seem to drag by on night shift. The food could be better for the workers at night like it is during the day. Some of the floors have very short staff
Great working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I was able to shadow different departments as well as people and every day was exciting fast paced and full of a new adventure. I loved working in each setting and the employees seemed to communicate effectively.
Money doesn't match the responsibilities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Most employees know their job, some not so much. Customer Service in some areas needs work.

The salary doesn't pay what it costs to live in this area. Bank tellers make more than I do.
Pros
Has health insurance
Cons
pay needs work
Medical Assistant Floater
Travel to BMA physician offices (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Baptist as a Floater. For the first 2 to 3 years I was in love with my job. I met and networked with a lot of people and gained a lot of experience. I learned new and adventurous medical break through's. As time has gone by I have grown in experience and knowledge. However, I am at a stopping point where I don't feel like I can grow with Baptist any more. While it has been a great experience. I am proud to have worked at Baptist but I have outgrown Baptist and I am eager to move on to something better that suits me.

A typical day at Baptist is very spontaneous. As a floater I travel to many of the Health practice within the health care group trouble shooting, working through staff shortage as well as clinical and administrative needs. Although I have a schedule it can change at a moments notice. I have established amazing work relationships that will continue after I separate.
Pros
Perks, auxiliary sales, free lunch
Cons
inability to advance due to family and friends networking.
Excellent workplace environment
Regional Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 5, 2018
Baptist Health is a patient driven opportunity with excellent benefits. the management understands and gives autonomy to each employee. I believe that they have the best interest for each patient and the goal is to treat every person entering the building as family. We always try to help with financial difficulties with compassion. My role is to recruit, develop and trouble shoot with the regional independent providers. I also ride with new providers to introduce them to the area providers as well as the employed physicians. I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
commission is capped
Great employees who want to do their job and administrators making constant changes that won’t let them do so
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYAugust 31, 2018
You can never do enough to satisfy admin. This clinic is ran terribly. Quality patient care has been sabotaged. All nurses quitting and untrained unlicensed staff taking over. The clinic has closed down lots of valuable services in the past year and also has lost a couple of busy providers. Patients weren’t notified until weeks later of this. Many patients left to pursue healthcare elsewhere and low morale across the clinic can felt by all. This county was fortunate to have such a great all-in-one facility for healthcare, but it has turned into a ghost town. Everyone afraid if they’ll be on the chopping block next. Sad for the community...
Pros
Typically good hours to work
Cons
months to get positions approved, lights in parking lot too dim
Powderly Baptist doesn't care about the patient's care
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYAugust 27, 2018
I loved the patients and my job, if I could have done my job. Got promotion real fast but was unable to do my job because management didn't know how to manage. Getting constantly pulled from my job to cover another job. Management had no idea how you did your job or what it consisted of. It mattered who you were kin to. Everyone is kin to everyone else and if you weren't kin you got to cover the ones who were kin. Better not have a degree or any type of education. Management acted like they didn't want educated people to work there. The place is being ran by nurses aides one RN, just a couple of LPN's in the whole place.
Pros
The patients were so nice
Cons
Management didn't know what they were doing.
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
good place to work would recommend this place for anyone who would need it. The atmosphere is beautiful and the staff treat each other with respect. nice benefits.
it was a nice place to work
HIM Tech II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
It is a good hospital. The work environment if comfortable. Some management were not so nice. Poor attitude for management position. Lack of ethics and respect.
Pros
pleasant atmosphere
Cons
some management was prejudice
Great Place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  La Grange, KYAugust 20, 2018
Great workplace to work, sorry to be leaving.
Always like a family. Very sorry I had to leave due to family move. Will miss my coworkers. Great community here.
INPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 15, 2018
Lacking in management follow through and competency. There is more of a micro-management stay of work from peers than management from higher ranked superiors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about