Baptist Health Kentucky Employee Reviews

I loved working there
Accounts Receivable Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2019
I loved working at Baptist. The Central Billing Office they created has developed into a manageable and successful billing operation. Switching to EPIC was a positive move.
Severe issues with diversity and mistreatment of employees of color
Registered Nurse/RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2019
I worked for this company for nearly a year but with constant mistreatment from the management, it just became unbearable. There were obvious differences in the way non-white staff were treated. This included staff of color receiving the most undesirable work assignments, being talked down to and being ignored when trying to report concerns. I specifically worked for the home health office but would not recommend this employer. There was also the expectation to never truly be "off" from work. It was not unusual to be expected to work and take calls on off days or scheduled vacation times. Then the director would decide if you would get paid for the time you worked on your downtime.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Days off not respected and no respect for persons of color
Great company
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2018
Had a great employment experience with Baptist Health. I have no doubt I would still be working there if I could’ve gotten a hospital position making the amount of money needed to support my family.
One of the best jobs in Madisonville.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYDecember 26, 2018
Good place to work when fresh out of school. Promotions are not always given when due, often received by someone less deserving. The on-the-job training is a plus for those who want to learn skills without going to college.
Pros
On-the-job training
Cons
Nothing is guaranteed.
They just don't care about their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 22, 2018
For a health company they sure don't care about their own employees health. They don't provide much PTO for sick time, and you must use PTO for normal holidays that other companies pay you for. Also, there is absolutely no training. Managers just sit in their office, and have no clue how to do the job itself. Pathetic really... Can't wait to get out of there!
Pros
Cons
Not a caring company
Communication with patients and families
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, KYNovember 27, 2018
I have learned to communicate with patients and families to keep them informed on what it happening, keeping them safe, and keep other staff on topic.
fun place to work
Intensive Care Nurse/Medical-surgical Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  La Grange, KYNovember 27, 2018
Staff very friendly and easy to work with. Offers employees opportunities to advance their careers and offers several teaching classes. Good benefits package
Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYNovember 13, 2018
Does not properly train employees and if you do not fit in their clique then they will do anything to make your job harder. Poor management in office administration is reason why I left. Administration expects nurses to do work of 3 employees
Pros
schedule
Cons
too much expected from empolyee
Baptist for the most part is a nice place to work.
CA/NA/MT (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Having a team effort on your floor is very important to me. I am a big team player. Hardest part of the job when I work the floor family members will tell me how to do my job!!!!
Pros
The satisfaction of a patient who likes how I cared for them.
Cons
Lunch break should be longer than a half hour for a 12 hour shift.
very fun place to work would go back in a heartbeat
Floor Tech Team Leader / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 12, 2018
most fun job i ever had. typical day was very laid back they give your task for the day and off you go to complete them with little hassle from management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
too long out of hospital
CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
i have been away from the hospital to give a good review i worked with the company in 2012 and alot has changed since then including managers and staff
Pros
idk
Cons
idk
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
Baptist Health is a good place to work....ideal for job enhancement and job growth. They provide job security, advancement along with any training that is needed. Although, it is up to you the individual to excel in their position and to make sure that you are able to advance at the rate that the management has set. What I learned is that you need to watch out for any red flags and to respond appropriately.

Being successful at Baptist is easy, you just need to work and stay focused in the fast moving technological environment. They are constantly updating, upgrading and project driven to stay current.
Good job with fair pay and benefits. Required working hours and shifts were my major complaint.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 2, 2018
My entire time there I worked mandatory third shift and mandatory 13.5 hour shifts. This did not allow me to me present for family events even if I was off work I was too exhausted to enjoy them.
Pros
Quality work
Cons
Long hours and third shift
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2018
Good management, benefits, and work environment. Lots of onsite perks such as day care, food services, and a retail pharmacy with lots of discounts on routine medications.
Pros
Benefits, pay, perks
Cons
Long days
Overall, one of the best!
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2018
The varied backgrounds of the staff help to shape the culture of diversity at Baptist. As a Magnet facility, excellence is encouraged which is refreshing. Not many companies are as invested in their employees.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
CERTFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2018
I was a CNA here. I loved it so much. The work was tough as it is for all CNA's but our work loads made it manageable and the nurses helped tremendously. I would recommend all CNA's to work here.
Solid Organization that i worked for over 20 years
ASSISTANT VICE-PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2018
Really enjoyed my tenure at Baptist Health
I was fortunate to work at Baptist Health for over 28 years
I had great leaders and an amazing team I worked beside
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 23, 2018
The hours seem to drag by on night shift. The food could be better for the workers at night like it is during the day. Some of the floors have very short staff
Great working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I was able to shadow different departments as well as people and every day was exciting fast paced and full of a new adventure. I loved working in each setting and the employees seemed to communicate effectively.
Money doesn't match the responsibilities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Most employees know their job, some not so much. Customer Service in some areas needs work.

The salary doesn't pay what it costs to live in this area. Bank tellers make more than I do.
Pros
Has health insurance
Cons
pay needs work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.