Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Toxic Work Environment
Director of Admissions & Social Services (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJune 20, 2018
The Upper management staff has no control and lacks vision and discipline. They do not make the necessary adjustments to become a highly rated facility.
A sense of making a differance in the lives of residence
Director Volunteers and Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Nursing and Rehabilitation CenterMay 6, 2018
Meeting with our residents, listening to them regarding activities, meals, providing a friendly volunteer visitor, addressing environmental concerns are all important. I realize that there is "no fountain of youth" but dignity, respect and compassion make all the differance! While healthcare is a struggle everywhere, we have employees who genuinely care about our residents. I have never felt more satisfied and appreciated in any other position I've held in my career. While working in End of Life can be emotional, knowing that I may have made those days a little happier makes it all worth it.
Pros
A sense of family. 40 plus years relationship with community allowing people to work, volunteer and continue to live here.
Cons
Atracting and keeping employees in a constantly changing Healthcare Environment
fun, caring and very involved staff
Certified Nurses Assistant & Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYApril 6, 2018
*Going into work with a smile on your face and in a good mood calls for a great day!
*Every policy is different
*Very understanding and professional, like family to everyone
*Being apart of the end of life can get to you
*Interaction with the residents and listening to their stories of the past and learning about all their lives before their coming to our facility
Pros
Staffing is not as bad as the surrounding facilities
Cons
In house policies are not followed by all employees and not enforced by managment.
One of the worst
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYMarch 22, 2018
This place was a nightmare to work for. The way that some people in a managment positions were allowed to speak to myself as well as other staff was unacceptable. The miscommunication from managment down has been a continual problem, as well as making up rules as they go to fit their needs from day to day. Please make sure you do not ever try to speak your concerns about anyone in a mangament position because it will come back to bite you in the end, you will inevitably face retribution. In my many, many years in nursing I have never worked for a company that was so disconcerning of their staff. As long as the Director of Nursing is your "friend" and likes you, your job is safe.
Pros
Decent benefit time, pay was not to bad
Cons
The behind the scene politics, no job security
Professional and Caring
Activities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYFebruary 28, 2018
I feel most of the employees are there for the right reason, which is to meet the needs and interests of the residents. Administration is always willing to listen to any issues, and follow-up on them. The residents have a lot of activities to keep them busy and fulfilled.
Warm Friendly and Foward Thinking
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYJanuary 23, 2018
CEO and Administrator are very involved and approachable. All staff are encouraged to share ideas for improvements. Staff members work together. Its a friendly atmosphere where the resident care comes first
Not the place for me
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYNovember 15, 2017
A majority of management were terrible. The union was voted in awhile ago and they have yet to my knowledge reach an agreement, there's reasons why Baptist doesn't want the union there. I have passion for the work I do as and aide and this place drained every ounce out of me. Most of the staff I talked to pretty much walked into an interview with a job offer, I saw a lot of turnover.
Pros
Bonus and gift cards for extra shifts
Cons
Low pay, No teamwork, hard to find help, poor management, etc
transitional period
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYNovember 7, 2017
Union demands have created unnecessary tension at the facility. Hopefully resolution and moving forward with a team approach will reestablish the facility as first rate, which is was in the not so distant past.
Very fast pace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYOctober 23, 2017
Very fast pace
You’ll meet new people
The residence are so sweet
Very understanding
Whenever your havin a bad day let your manager know
Hours is good
Pros
Meeting the residents
Cons
Moving fast
Great Work Environment
Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 13, 2017
I loved my work!! I always enjoyed working with the geriatric population. The company was generous with wages and benefits, I could put in for overtime on a weekly basis. I think the hardest part of the job was just the physical aspect of assisting a client there was always a risk of straining ones self, but for the most part if you are careful and do the job properly you are much safer.
Pros
Free lunches for taking extra shifts
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Good atmosphere
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NY 12302June 5, 2017
The staff are friendly, the hours are accommodating, substantial time off, you are able to cash in your pto time, the food is pretty good, major holidays off
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYDecember 8, 2016
As always short staff People work together which works out well.
The job was very enjoyable listening to the elderly telling stories of their past.
Pros
short staff
Cons
work together
The company is in quickly on the decline. Not a fun and friendly place to work
Director of Admissions and Social Services (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYMarch 3, 2015
The company has some terrible management at the top. So much so that there is rumors of a union coming in to the facility. The leadership doesn't understand people, doesn't respect the decisions of their colleagues, and overall has made some terrible decisions for the future of the organization. There are some great staff that work at this facilities, but the leadership is blind to the real world and what is realistic. Major decline in what was once a great place to be employed.
Pros
The staff at the lower levels
Cons
The management and leadership
fun
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYNovember 12, 2014
Great work environment. Low pay for the hard work, but managers were nice and everyone got along. Even top managers helped. Overall good work experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Patient Care/Management
License Practical Nurse - Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYAugust 13, 2014
Management is very poor at this facility. Care for residents is minimal. When you go to management with concerns about a resident you get blown off. Then if you take it further to ensure the care and safety of your resident you become a target. There is more gossip going on behind the nurses station then there is work. The is zero team work among the nurse, but CNA's work very well together. If you are a new nurse or new to the facility they don't even show concern when the nurse comes to you and says that they need help. Finally is a hostile and violent work environment. I had a supervisor lock me in the medication room while another nurse would not let me out and the nurse supervisor sat there and screamed and hollered at me while pointing her finger in my face. When I said I need to get out and went to open the door the other nurse put her foot up against the door and would not allow me out. I suffer with anxiety especially if confined to small places.

My CNA's were the best they worked well together as well as with me. They knew I was there to help and knew I was there to help them as well. Hardest part of the job was watching how the residents would dismissed if they had concerns or questions. That there was no compassion shown for the resident. Yes it is a hard job and fast paced, but I always made sure that I found time to listen that is important to the resident to help the resident to trust and bond with the nurse that is taking care of them on a regular basis,

The most enjoyable part of the job was my residents. There smiles when they see me come on
  more... the floor or their rooms. Having a good relationship with family members and to hear them say we are so glad your taking care of mom. Or telling me that I am special because I take time with the residents. I loved the job just not the management Nursing Supervisor, Director of nursing or day shift nurses. It seemed like everyone was in competition with one another instead of working together from the great good which was the care of the resident. If you just want to follow others a good place for you to go, but if you have a voice of your own and challenge things that they want you to do that you know is not right this is not the place for you.  less
Pros
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYMay 31, 2012
A typical day of work is providing care to residents on unit. I learned to coordinate care based on resident's preferences. Management was good. Coworkers were nice and approachable. The hardest part of the job was working night shift sometimes their was too much down time. The enjoyable part was working with the residents.
Pros
accessibility, benefits
Cons
pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location